• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 23
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3986 times and has 22 replies Next Thread
Ezmerelda_M

A Few "Missing Things" Reply to this Post

Hi hi, awesome peoples! =D

I have noticed that we are missing some things on the wiki - so I made a quick list in case anyone feels like finding/adding/fixing/updating etc. =D

* Night Mare and other limited edition ponies: We are missing a color chart (or even a single picture) of the black pony that was available during Halloween 2011. The black pony is also missing from the pet page. I think we are also missing 'my pets' templates for the other two limited edition pony colors.

* Familiar color charts: The parrot, monkey and octopus color grids are missing a few colors.

* Ice blue penguin: 'My pets' template needs to be done for the ice blue penguin. The inventory image is on the penguin page. We also need a screenie of the ice blue penguin for the pet page.

* Furniture: We are missing some haunted seas (and possibly other seasonal) furniture from the wiki.

* Chinese new year trinkets: The Chinese rattle needs 'my trinkets' template(s) done, and the Mahjong tile needs a page, color chart and template(s). (Other trinkets need color charts done in the new format and/or to be changed over as discussed in this thread).

* Player-created trinkets template: 2011 winter and Chinese new year trinkets need to be added to the template.

* The Avatar Artists Directory: Needs updating.

Please feel free to add anything I have missed =)

~Ad =)
-----------------------------

Edit:

* We are missing a PoE and doubloon price for the Night Mare/black pony that was available during Halloween 2011.

----------------------------------------
~~~ Adrielle, Ezzleart and Enfyz ~~~
... (& @AmazinAdrielle on Twitter) ...
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Ezmerelda_M at Jan 29, 2012 2:00:13 AM]
[Jan 23, 2012 6:10:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://amazingadrielle.webs.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Re: A Few "Missing Things" Reply to this Post

I don't know how to make templates and whatnots, but always happy to help with pictures if you want or need them, whenever I can.

Night mare

Booty panel shot if you want it (purple* saddle)

A post about chocolate sheep, pup, octo

edit to add: *See Addy? I DO like purple.
Dexla d'Midnight
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Dexla at Jan 25, 2012 9:04:54 AM]
[Jan 25, 2012 9:03:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezmerelda_M

Yay! Thanks!

And of course you like purple - purple is AWESOME! =D

DEXLA IS A CHAMPION! =D Thanks for the links and pics!!!! =D
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ezmerelda_M at Jan 25, 2012 3:50:23 PM]
[Jan 25, 2012 1:55:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://amazingadrielle.webs.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Ezmerelda_M

Updated list:

Pets

* We are missing a PoE and doubloon price for the Night Mare/black pony that was available during Halloween 2011 (for the pet page). We are also missing a color chart for the black pony, and I think we are also missing 'my pets' templates for the other two limited edition pony colors.

*Spring green and banana elephants - is the color grid okay? Can my pets templates be made to work with them? =D

Familiars

* Familiar color charts: The parrot color grid is missing a few colors.

Trinkets

* We are missing inventory shots for most colors of the Mahjong tile trinket. We are also missing some details from the Mahjong trinket page (price, date, message, etc.)

* Other trinkets need color charts done in the new format and/or to be changed over as discussed in this thread.

* Player-created trinkets template: is getting bloated and we need to consider mucking about with it =D lol

Furniture

* Are we still missing any seasonal or haunted seas furniture items from the wiki?

Miscellaneous

* Building, pirate, crew and flag pages need to be changed over from their old oceans to their new oceans.

* The Avatar Artists Directory: Needs updating.

* Redo the 'How to Upload a Portrait Background Contest Entry' tutorial and create a wiki page for it with screenies that reflect the new layout of the upload form, and with the new file naming format. We also need to update the Howto:Upload a file page with new screenies to match the new layout of the upload form.

*Check that the Art Programs and Resources and Free Hosting Sites links on the Helpful art tutorials and resources page still work.

*Entries that are still current in the old oceans' Yellow Pages need to be shifted to the new oceans' pages.
[Edit 11 times, last edit by Ezmerelda_M at Feb 15, 2012 4:32:55 AM]
[Jan 25, 2012 3:41:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://amazingadrielle.webs.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

* 'My pets' template needs to be done for the ice blue penguin.

More specifically, it needs to be tacked onto the end of the white penguin grid (since it's got white feet).

*We are missing some haunted seas (and possibly other seasonal) furniture from the wiki.

I'm doing this as we speak - Chinese New Year furniture as well. I've already made images ready to upload. Trouble is, the wiki's stopped speaking to me again, like it did when I was trying create the Haunted Seas trinket templates.

... Wait, the Haunted Seas again? This can't be a coincidence.

In any case, this is going to be a big issue if it continues, because there's still an insane amount of work to be done for the ocean merge.

On a related note, the palace shoppe Lucky Feast furniture items have colons in their names, which break things when used in image names on the wiki. Should I just replace it with a hyphen?
[Jan 25, 2012 4:11:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezmerelda_M

More specifically, it needs to be tacked onto the end of the white penguin grid (since it's got white feet).
Oh! Okay =D

*We are missing some haunted seas (and possibly other seasonal) furniture from the wiki.

I'm doing this as we speak - Chinese New Year furniture as well. I've already made images ready to upload. Trouble is, the wiki's stopped speaking to me again, like it did when I was trying create the Haunted Seas trinket templates.

... Wait, the Haunted Seas again? This can't be a coincidence.

In any case, this is going to be a big issue if it continues, because there's still an insane amount of work to be done for the ocean merge.

The haunted pages are haunted... =D (I hate it when it stops talking =( The edits sometimes go through, even though it gets stuck on a white page. It's annoying!)

On a related note, the palace shoppe Lucky Feast furniture items have colons in their names, which break things when used in image names on the wiki. Should I just replace it with a hyphen?
I guess so - I haven't gone to look at them yet! *Runs!*
[Jan 25, 2012 4:56:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://amazingadrielle.webs.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Done.

* The banana elephant needs to be added to the Elephant page (and color grid? Or just add an inventory image of it by itself?).

Add it to the grid, I'd say - it's just a white elephant with a banana/banana blanket. Tee hee, banana/banana. *Cough* Same with the spring green one, I think, though I haven't looked at it up close. It's gonna do funny things to the grid if we tack them on, but it's going to do even funnier things to the template if we give them their own image.

Not sure what this black/black/black elephant you think is missing - it looks there to me. In fact, it looks like you added it last April. =P

* Familiar color charts: The parrot, monkey and octopus color grids are missing a few colors (including this chocolate octo - thanks Dex!).

I did the monkey and octopus grids, though I seem to have missed the chocolate octopus - I went from the familiar images category, and the chocolate one isn't there. Not touching the parrots. They frighten me. The birds! The birds!

* Chinese new year trinkets: The Chinese rattle needs 'my trinkets' template(s) done,

Done.

* Player-created trinkets template: 2011 winter and Chinese new year trinkets need to be added to the template.

Done. It's getting a bit bloated, though, so we might have to consider some sort of mucking about.

Done, after I remembered the cookie-deleting trick to get the wiki talking again.

* We need to decide on colors for the newly merged oceans (there has been some discussion and sort-of-voting going on here ).

I've made my decision. It got snowed under. =P

One other thing that'd be good is if we could get all the island building lists updated by Tuesday. I did Garnet Arch on Viridian, but Napi took me over an hour, so now I'm kind of over it without even having glanced at the other five oceans. I think I'm gonna have to sit on my monarch until he stops making buildings - I swear, that island has more dusted buildings than any ten other islands put together have intact ones. In any case, I think I'll do a breeze over everything else to check for the presence or absence of shipyards so I can do the maps, but if someone else could do things in detail...
[Jan 26, 2012 4:13:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

One other thing that'd be good is if we could get all the island building lists updated by Tuesday. I did Garnet Arch on Viridian, but Napi took me over an hour, so now I'm kind of over it without even having glanced at the other five oceans. I think I'm gonna have to sit on my monarch until he stops making buildings - I swear, that island has more dusted buildings than any ten other islands put together have intact ones. In any case, I think I'll do a breeze over everything else to check for the presence or absence of shipyards so I can do the maps, but if someone else could do things in detail...

Belthazar, could you make a list of what I can do to help? I'm a bit confused by it all....

Edit: Working on the Hunter Building List - I'm assuming that we need to start from scratch on this.

Edit2: Should we have a "last checked on" date in the building pages, similar to the one in the crew/flag pages? Since we're redoing a ton of them now, it's as good a time as any....

*sigh* Edit3: What is the procedure for renamed buildings, such as House of Paint ?
Also, should we upgrade all buildings to have the ocean name in the title, or not?

Edit4: Should I include former owners in the article, as has been done for some buildings? We can always find it in the history....

Edit5: Another suggestion - should we have a template for the governor of each island so that the buildings that switch to the new governor can all get updated with a single page change?
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[Edit 5 times, last edit by jlh0605 at Jan 26, 2012 12:56:25 PM]
[Jan 26, 2012 11:32:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Fannon

I think what Belthazar meant was to update the list of buildings on each island, not necessarily update each building's page. That should be considerably less time consuming.

For buildings that have been renamed, simply move the page to the new name. Make sure it actually is a rename and not just a new shoppe built in the same place (you can check this usually by the erected date). Then update the infobox to have the correct name and move the building screenie as well. Alternatively, if you aren't comfortable doing any of that, you can always just leave a note on the talk page and someone else will do it for you.

I will point out that since the islands themselves will still be exactly the same post-merge, there isn't actually a huge rush to get all of this done in the next four days.
Princess of Versus Terminus
Wikipedia Administrator
[Jan 26, 2012 12:39:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

I think what Belthazar meant was to update the list of buildings on each island, not necessarily update each building's page. That should be considerably less time consuming.

That's helpful - a lot faster, too. However, most of the buildings (at least on Hunter) haven't been updated in over two years... so it does need work anyways.

For buildings that have been renamed, simply move the page to the new name. Make sure it actually is a rename and not just a new shoppe built in the same place (you can check this usually by the erected date). Then update the infobox to have the correct name and move the building screenie as well. Alternatively, if you aren't comfortable doing any of that, you can always just leave a note on the talk page and someone else will do it for you.

Ah, that's right. That makes sense - do you then follow up to make sure there are no double redirects? I'll get around to these after I finish the building list for today.

I will point out that since the islands themselves will still be exactly the same post-merge, there isn't actually a huge rush to get all of this done in the next four days.

True, except for the dusted buildings (which don't need new ocean links, or do they?) and shipyards (which makes a difference on both current and future ocean wiki maps).
~Jamesh on Emerald

[Jan 26, 2012 1:35:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Fannon wrote: 

That's the thing - they'll only be the same immediately post-merge. Granted, the number of buildings isn't exactly going to double overnight, but for a lot of islands, it's been two years since the last update. For the newly-colonised islands around the place, it's only been two months, but two months still represents ninety percent of buildings on those islands. And building lists aren't the only things we're going to need to do. I figure we'll retain all the same building articles, yes? But everything with an ocean-specific disambiguation is going to need fixing, even aside from all the infobox tweaking.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to work everyone into a screaming panic, but once we start going "eh, they'll keep for now", it gets so easy to leave it for another two years.

Edit: Basically my main reason for wanting to get the lists updated now, as Jamesh noted above, is that I know there are islands which previously had shipyards but now do not, and islands that previously did not but now do. That's going to change things for the maps.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Belthazar451 at Jan 26, 2012 1:57:08 PM]
[Jan 26, 2012 1:55:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

As a help for Hunter - Marlowe previously had a SY (Hidden Treasures I believe it was called - on my phone currently). A distillery was dropped in its place (Lasso of Truth). Iocane currently has a SY building from the previous shop being dusted.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Jan 26, 2012 2:23:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fannon

Ah, that's right. That makes sense - do you then follow up to make sure there are no double redirects? I'll get around to these after I finish the building list for today.

Rather than check each time, you can always just check this page periodically to fix them: http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Special:DoubleRedirects Time-saving FTW!

I'll be really honest... I'm bad about checking those things when I move the pages. :P

I feel dumb asking this, but how does the building list affect maps? Do you just mean it'll affects people's ability to go figure out where they can buy maps at by looking at the pages? Or is there some special map function that I've been missing for years that ties into the building lists?
Wikipedia Administrator
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Fannon at Jan 26, 2012 3:19:13 PM]
[Jan 26, 2012 3:18:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Fannon wrote: 
I'll be really honest... I'm bad about checking those things when I move the pages. :P

Yah. I did the first couple on Napi, then eventually just went "meh".

I feel dumb asking this, but how does the building list affect maps?

It's not the building lists but the buildings themselves - the presence or absence of a shipyard makes all the difference. However, knowing that the building lists are up-to-date helps me - I can happily mark routes as buyable or unbuyable without having to go and check each island myself.

Long-delayed afterthought edit: Aside from checking for shipyards, at the very least, someone should run around on Monday and update all the island ownership information.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Belthazar451 at Jan 26, 2012 10:17:39 PM]
[Jan 26, 2012 3:42:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

Fannon wrote: 

Yah. I did the first couple on Napi, then eventually just went "meh".

That's why it took me 2 days - but the list of buildings on Hunter is complete. However, there are some that are dark that need to be done soon, as well as some I am facing a dilemma - no page was created, but the building has dusted. I am of the opinion that we should create the page anyways... thoughts? (A partial list can be found here .)

Long-delayed afterthought edit: Aside from checking for shipyards, at the very least, someone should run around on Monday and update all the island ownership information.

I'd be happy to cover Hunter - though it may be done Sunday night (after any blockades are done)
~Jamesh on Emerald

[Jan 27, 2012 11:37:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Fannon

Creating pages for ones already dusted is fine. All you have to do is add a paramater to the infobox that marks it as dusted.

|dusted=yes

If you know WHEN it dusted, you can add that add as well:

|dustdate=January 2011

It is not required to add the second. If the date is unknown, marking it as dusted will automatically insert "Date Unknown".
(If you're just copy/pasting from the current template on the style guide, you will already have both of these parameters with the dusted set to no by default)

Make sure that you're updating the building lists on the individual island pages as well- having the pages is awesome, but if they aren't linked anywhere it is less helpful.

For dusted buildings, put them in a category below all the current buildings, like so:
;Dusted buildings
: [[Name of Building]] (upgraded shoppetype)

Shoot me a PM or leave a note on my talk page if there are specific shoppes you aren't sure what to do with and I can help you out. :)

On another note: All of the Midnight pages are current with buildings updated, and I've finished Onyx arch on Cobalt. These updates have been copied over to the new Cerulean pages as well.
Wikipedia Administrator
[Jan 27, 2012 2:21:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

I've done Malachite. As I suspected, there were three islands with maps out-of-date. Gonna do the West Meridian maps next, then it's over to Emerald. Thanks for checking Hunter. =)

Fannon wrote: 
It is not required to add the second. If the date is unknown, marking it as dusted will automatically insert "Date Unknown".

It seems to me that you always know at least the latest date it could have dusted - that is, the day before you come to check, or the day before another shoppe was built if you're on an outpost - so I generally write "Prior to whatever this month is" or "Prior to the other shoppe's construction date". Maybe that's just me, though.

For dusted buildings, put them in a category below all the current buildings, like so:

If there's no article for it, I just delete the link outright. Basically, we don't actually know anything about a dusted building save what it was called and what it did. We don't know the managers or creation date, we haven't got a screenshot - we don't even know whether it was upgraded or which direction it faced. So I just go "meh". Maybe that's just me, though. =)

On another note: All of the Midnight pages are current with buildings updated, and I've finished Onyx arch on Cobalt. These updates have been copied over to the new Cerulean pages as well.

What are you doing with disambiguated names? And, for that matter, what are we doing with the articles themselves after the merge? I'ma vote we just use the same ones. =)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Belthazar451 at Jan 27, 2012 2:42:42 PM]
[Jan 27, 2012 2:40:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

What are you doing with disambiguated names? And, for that matter, what are we doing with the articles themselves after the merge? I'ma vote we just use the same ones. =)

I vote the same, except for dusted buildings.
~Jamesh on Emerald

[Jan 27, 2012 3:43:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Ok, looks like there's two shipyards under construction on Hunter islands that currently don't otherwise have any, both on islands which did have shipyards the last time the maps were updated. Whew. Specifically, Iocane and The Lowland Hundred. I think, then, that I'll wait on doing the Hunter maps until the last second to see whether they'll finish before the merge, because I don't really feel like editing all ten of the affected maps twice in three days. Alternately, if someone can find out a reliable estimation of the time of completion before then, that'd also be helpful.

In the meantime, Sage.

Edit: And suddenly I've somehow turned this To Do List thread into another Ocean Merge Stuff thread...
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Belthazar451 at Jan 27, 2012 10:06:16 PM]
[Jan 27, 2012 10:04:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fannon

Belthazarrrrr wrote: 

Fannon wrote: 

It seems to me that you always know at least the latest date it could have dusted - that is, the day before you come to check, or the day before another shoppe was built if you're on an outpost - so I generally write "Prior to whatever this month is" or "Prior to the other shoppe's construction date". Maybe that's just me, though.

Which doesn't actually tell you anything concretely. 6 of 1, half a dozen of the other. :)

Belthazarrrrr wrote: 

If there's no article for it, I just delete the link outright. Basically, we don't actually know anything about a dusted building save what it was called and what it did. We don't know the managers or creation date, we haven't got a screenshot - we don't even know whether it was upgraded or which direction it faced. So I just go "meh". Maybe that's just me, though. =)

It is just you. :P While I'm not going to crazy creating pages for all the dusted ones, it's nice to have a historical picture to see what was there before. It takes a simple copy/paste to put it down there. *shrugs*

Re:disambiguated names, I haven't done anything with them. All I did was make sure the list of shoppes on each page matches the current list in-game, move shoppes per renames as needed and change any pages to dusted if so. The one page that I added a link for that needed a disambiguation was actually for another shoppe on the same ocean so the disambiguation was done by island, not by ocean. I'm going to let someone else decide if those pages need to be moved. I don't think they do.

EDIT: Also, OOOOOOOOHHHHHH, the route itself on the map is different! I never noticed that! You should have just said!
Wikipedia Administrator
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Fannon at Jan 27, 2012 10:39:15 PM]
[Jan 27, 2012 10:35:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Fannon wrote: 
EDIT: Also, OOOOOOOOHHHHHH, the route itself on the map is different! I never noticed that! You should have just said!

Ah, sorry. I thought that was apparent. =P
[Jan 27, 2012 11:04:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezmerelda_M

Edit2: Should we have a "last checked on" date in the building pages, similar to the one in the crew/flag pages?
I wondered that too...

Edit5: Another suggestion - should we have a template for the governor of each island so that the buildings that switch to the new governor can all get updated with a single page change?
One problem with this would be that some flags or governors divide up the shops so that different people in the flag own them - so it might not always be accurate.
[Jan 29, 2012 3:07:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://amazingadrielle.webs.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Fannon

Does anyone have a jolly roger medal in bronze or silver? Any ribbon color will do, we're just missing grids for the bronze and silver, and I'd like a screenshot of either if anyone has it!
Wikipedia Administrator
[Feb 18, 2012 11:53:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates