• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 18
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3991 times and has 17 replies Next Thread
LJAmethyst

No trophy speculation in /greeter chat Reply to this Post

It has been confirmed to me by Clotho that speculation about trophy triggers is not permitted in /greeter chat. The one proper place for trophy speculation is the TTQ&A thread. People asking questions about trophies in /greeter chat will be referred to the YPPedia page and the trophy speculation thread, and repeat offenders will be /complained to let the OMs sort it out.

Yes, I know that Steam has published trophy triggers for many common trophies, but it is setting the wrong example if we reveal one trophy in another place; others will assume that any trophy is fair game, and not all the trophies are published on Steam, or even known for sure.

A couple of us have held this view for some time, and these are the instructions from the Ocean Master.
----------------------------------------
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7
[Jan 23, 2012 4:44:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

Re: No trophy speculation in /greeter chat Reply to this Post

I kinda wish they would go back to the old greeter system because this one is evidently broken. OOO, you know, Greeter and Greenie both start with "g" but their meaning is entirely different.
Quitex, everywhere, mainly Ice.
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 
Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[Jan 26, 2012 6:38:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MSpartans

I kinda wish they would go back to the old greeter system because this one is evidently broken. OOO, you know, Greeter and Greenie both start with "g" but their meaning is entirely different.

Add a "leet greeter chat!" Kinda like r chat...
Searching for Black CI Trinks

Huntard
Aug 12, 2011
Av by Diagram
[Feb 2, 2012 11:01:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
darkseid

Add a "leet greeter chat!

defien a leet greeter

also, half the greeters I see these days are damn noobs with no knowledge of the game and not even a shred of common sense, so maybe it needs to be tweaked a bit
Darkseid, Cerulean.
Senior Officer of Under the Black Flag.
[Feb 3, 2012 7:14:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MSpartans

Add a "leet greeter chat!

defien a leet greeter

also, half the greeters I see these days are damn noobs with no knowledge of the game and not even a shred of common sense, so maybe it needs to be tweaked a bit

I was being a tad flippant, but yuh, Ik. I remember having to read a document then do some sort of acknowledgement of it before I could be a greeter :o
Searching for Black CI Trinks

Huntard
Aug 12, 2011
Av by Diagram
[Feb 3, 2012 10:27:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Roleni

Some of us have avoided turning on greeter for years, and not because of the greenies. ;)
Thalatta & others

Hera tells ye, "You got me so flustered by the spanking, I booched my chat response!"
Hera tells ye, "Purple is the most awesome colour ever!"
[Feb 3, 2012 3:59:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Some of us have avoided turning on greeter for years, and not because of the greenies. ;)

Avoiding the greenies with pink names? I know that's my reason.
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Feb 3, 2012 4:48:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
darkseid

Avoiding the greenies with pink names? I know that's my reason.

once a month when a greenie actually needs help, I'd rather it wasn't one of those people that received the tell.
Darkseid, Cerulean.
Senior Officer of Under the Black Flag.
[Feb 4, 2012 7:25:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

Bump. Seriously guys, don't do it.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by LJAmethyst at May 10, 2012 3:08:11 PM]
[May 7, 2012 5:35:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
Lilcracker

leet greeter chat =

have a knowledge test a pirate has to pass in order to become a greeter... rather than simply typing /duty
Meridian - Minigun

Emerald - Nightbear
[May 9, 2012 5:25:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

Your link is busted.
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Thunderbird at May 9, 2012 11:22:19 PM]
[May 9, 2012 11:21:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dalnoth

Don't pay any attention to that, this is official super serious greeter business here, please step aside and let the professional work.
Dalnoth
Novo tells ye, "Howtie removed me as a manager from her tailor, my wager swordfighting career is over :(."
[May 10, 2012 3:49:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://somethingawful.com [Link]  Go to top 
Jackingg

Trophy speculation has always been confined to the trophy speculation thread. I don't think I've read anywhere that says otherwise, so I don't understand the confusion here.

On to more pressing matters

So someone asked the other day what you needed to Bnav with the navy in greeter chat.

Uhmm...

Did you become a greeter by playing poker for 6 months O_o
Ivytheblade

Not intended for those with weak constitutions

Now officially dating half your Parley Trolls.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Jackingg at May 10, 2012 4:04:31 AM]
[May 10, 2012 4:03:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
barrelmonkey

I think navigation at... broad? I dunno, I would have to look it up. That was actually a legitimate use of greeter chat, assuming a greenie was asking him that question. Yes, he could have looked it up on the YPPedia, fair enough, but still it's one of the better uses of greeter chat.
[May 10, 2012 11:58:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

Don't pay any attention to that, this is official super serious greeter business here, please step aside and let the professional work.

I'm sorry, was there something recently about someone being snarky and condescending that you didn't pay attention to?
[May 10, 2012 3:45:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
Lovetosmash

So funny to watch the totally anal greeters squirm, that's why I turn on greeter half the time.

They forget this game is about having fun and try only to keep order/ records in very strict compliance most of the time they're on this game/ forum.

Sure you need order, people following the rules, and not totally abusing the greeter chat but keep in mind you do need a little chaos or something to laugh at every once in awhile.

Unless you're a totally anal greeter that is ^^
Avatar by Bambeh, with special thanks to Sizzly
Attempting to retire, it's not going well as you can tell.
[May 11, 2012 5:26:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BobJanova

The thing is, OOO set the rules of engagement for /gr, and those rules clearly state no fun allowed (and also it's not for answering questions that you have). I'd be happy to make it more of a chatty channel but that's not what we're allowed to do there. Better to get a reminder from an 'anal' greeter than attract the wrath of the OM on duty!
Bobjanova on Viridian and Malachite
Shops and stalls with fair and profitable wages for all: Jubilee, Napi, Chelydra
Stripped/Barely Dressed (Malachite)
Phantasm/Reign of Chaos (Viridian)
[May 13, 2012 3:51:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

It's not really about anal greeters being chat police. It is about the way some things are handled. For example:

Asking a non-greenie question on greeter, for your own benefit, and requesting answers by /tell. That's fine. Having a full-on conversation on why Admiral is paved and who's the one to blame, is not OK.
Quitex, everywhere, mainly Ice.
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 
Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[May 13, 2012 11:17:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates