• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 93
Posts: 93   Pages: 4   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10261 times and has 92 replies Next Thread
Furreal5

Re: 2012 MLB Thread Reply to this Post

Dodgers! Beast MODE! DL though....
----------------------------------------
Maxamoose of Emerald

Prince- Stay Classy

SO- Hashtag
[Jun 5, 2012 6:39:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atoms12123

Mets.
Ions
Captain of the Pimps at Sea.

Avatars by Inghild, Yumisa ...and Imp.
[Jun 5, 2012 6:40:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Atoms12123    Atoms12123 [Link]  Go to top 
Julephenia

Howard.
Utley.
Halladay.
Stutes.
Nix.
Martinez.
Thome.
Lee.
Galvis.
Polanco.
Contreras.

These are guys who are injured, along with a precious few who are recovered.
...It's a lost season.
Oz is REAL, DAMMIT.
[Jun 6, 2012 11:00:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fixated

*hugs for Jules!*

Also, tonight's pitching lineup for the Nats vs Mets Game is Wang Vs. Dickey. The ten year old in me is giggling slightly.
Jenx
[Jun 7, 2012 6:47:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Julephenia

/em curls up in a corner and cries.

This is just painful.
Oz is REAL, DAMMIT.
[Jun 10, 2012 7:36:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Julephenia

DP, because now we've lost Chooch to an oblique strain.

And Bastardo lost a fight with a punching bag.

What did Philadelphia ever do to karma????
Oz is REAL, DAMMIT.
[Jun 15, 2012 10:53:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

I declare Joey Votto the best First Basemen in Baseball.
Captainrich
[Jun 17, 2012 10:29:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fixated

So, this happened.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/25867/joel-peralta-brings-back-old-school-cheating
Jenx
[Jun 20, 2012 9:39:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Julephenia

Martinez of all people hits a home run, and...

FIRST WALK OFF WIN ALL SEASON. First come from behind win...

Oh, man, that game was amazing, hell, amazing, hell, and then amazing again.

I've got a blister on my heel from jumping, my throat is sore from screaming, and I think I sweated out every last drop that I drank... but OH THAT WAS FUN!

Love going to the game with my dad.
Oz is REAL, DAMMIT.
[Jun 20, 2012 9:01:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atoms12123

Martinez of all people hits a home run, and...

FIRST WALK OFF WIN ALL SEASON. First come from behind win...

Oh, man, that game was amazing, hell, amazing, hell, and then amazing again.

I've got a blister on my heel from jumping, my throat is sore from screaming, and I think I sweated out every last drop that I drank... but OH THAT WAS FUN!

Love going to the game with my dad.

*looks down from second place*
Ions

[Jun 21, 2012 12:04:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Atoms12123    Atoms12123 [Link]  Go to top 
Julephenia

In a season pretty much lost to injury, let me enjoy a two game winning streak, even when Blanton gives up five runs (and five strikeouts, which was sweet).

Bonus: I did NOT sunburn! Woo!
Oz is REAL, DAMMIT.
[Jun 21, 2012 9:44:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Teams that have success for a long time typically draft well and don't trade away the prospects.
Captainrich
[Jun 21, 2012 9:47:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Julephenia

Have you met the Phillies organization?

Doing well is this stunningly new phenomenon and we are utterly flabbergasted by it.

(Besides having 10,000 losses as of 2008, which no other team in any sport has, the Phillies were also one of the last teams to integrate in the mid-20th century. So, you know, being a well-run organization with integrity and respect for players of all types? Yeah... not a team trait.)
Oz is REAL, DAMMIT.
[Jun 21, 2012 12:26:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Velariel

(Besides having 10,000 losses as of 2008, which no other team in any sport has, the Phillies were also one of the last teams to integrate in the mid-20th century. So, you know, being a well-run organization with integrity and respect for players of all types? Yeah... not a team trait.)

At least you've won a world series in the last century or so.

*goes back to waiting for next year. Again.*

Tass
Cubs fan extraordinaire
Tacita of Midnight.
Half blind, crippled, and Damned.
[Jun 21, 2012 12:52:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

I wish the Cubs as an organization would die already. They are on every highlight but suck.
Captainrich
[Jun 21, 2012 12:54:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Velariel

I love my Cubbies, but I have to say...they've gotta do SOMETHING. This year is more painful than most, and that's saying a great deal. A friend of mine posted the other day before the Crosstown series (he's a White Sox fan) that the Cubs winning percentage is less than Paul Konerko's batting average, and Adam Dunn has more home runs than the Cubs have wins.

The fact that we stomped them 10-0 afterwards helped a little bit, but didn't quite make up for the depressing nature of those facts.
Tacita of Midnight.
Half blind, crippled, and Damned.
[Jun 21, 2012 2:09:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
omgdeb

Red Sox! They are starting to get hot again! Just have to wait until Ellsbury is back and Carl Crawford FINALLY comes of the DL after two years.

Hopefully they dont screw up like last september and we can maybe make the playoffs.

--Arris of Meridian
[Jun 21, 2012 4:09:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Cubs are going to stink for the next few years. Part of building a winning team is to get good prospects, which they don't have. First they need to get them, then a few years to develop them. They only have one good young piece and lets be honest, he is the worst defensive shortstop in the league.
Captainrich
[Jun 21, 2012 4:48:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atoms12123

I don't care what fan you are. (Mets fan here, so perhaps I'm biased...)
but watching RA Dickey pitch is just awe-inspiring. (He didn't pitch today just saying.) Also, today they aired a special where they picked the Mets All-Time Team, and seeing people like Seaver, Koosman, Strawberry, Hernandez, and Wright all together talking was great.
Ions

[Jun 21, 2012 10:46:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Atoms12123    Atoms12123 [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

I am so impressed with Dickey because of his age. And the knuckleball. Most of the time people can tee off on a knuckleball because sometimes it becomes predictable like it will drop or curve left or right. His is so hard because a true knuckleball will go anywhere.
Captainrich
[Jun 22, 2012 8:01:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atoms12123

He throws like 5-6 knuckleballs. It's crazy, he has one that's about 77 mph, one that's low seventies, one that's mid 60s and one that's in the 50s. I feel bad for Josh Thole and Mike Nickeas, they seem to have some trouble catching it. xD
Ions

[Jun 22, 2012 9:19:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Atoms12123    Atoms12123 [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

So the Reds have a guy in the minor leagues who has stole 82 bases in 67 games. Speeeeed.
Captainrich
[Jun 22, 2012 10:30:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
omgdeb

So the Reds have a guy in the minor leagues who has stole 82 bases in 67 games. Speeeeed.

Now that is rather impressive.

And RA Dickey is doing great. But in my opinion i honestly don't think he will be able to keep it up all year.
[Jun 23, 2012 12:56:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

He stole over 100 last year. He has Brandonn Philipps ahead of him so he is probably trade bait, which sucks.
Captainrich
[Jun 23, 2012 8:39:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Starlin Castro and Bryan LaHair made the All Star Team but not Brandon Phillipps. See this is why we shouldn't let fans vote. No Cueto but Lance Lynn? Letting fans vote is just about whoever has the biggest fan base and the more retarded ones.
Captainrich
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Hillsmen at Jul 1, 2012 9:16:18 PM]
[Jul 1, 2012 9:12:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atoms12123

Starlin Castro and Bryan LaHair made the All Star Team but not Brandon Phillipps. See this is why we shouldn't let fans vote. No Cueto but Lance Lynn? Letting fans vote is just about whoever has the biggest fan base and the more retarded ones.

Pablo Sandoval over David Wright starting? Wright is having an amazing year both at bat and in the field. I completely agree with you, plus the fact that Sandoval had to have received 450,000 votes in 1 night, to pass Wright, and that's if Wright didn't get any. Voting is stupid at this point. When home field advantage is on the line, they should give it to someone else.
Ions

[Jul 2, 2012 12:10:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Atoms12123    Atoms12123 [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Sandoval only played half of the first half. No way Wright shouldn't start. Cueto has a sub 2.50 era. They were talking about him starting the All Star Game. Lynn made the game with an era approaching 4.0. Phillipps has better numbers than Castro and is the best defensive baseman in the league. Castro is lucky not to be benched with his errors.

The only cub that should be on the team is LaHair, and that is because 1st base is incredibly thin in the NL once you get past Votto.

Out of the last five in I can almost gurantee Harper will make it in over Bourn. Why do we let the idiots vote.
Captainrich
[Jul 2, 2012 3:41:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atoms12123

The fact that two of the worst teams in the NL have a combined 5 players is disgusting.
Ions

[Jul 2, 2012 8:00:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Atoms12123    Atoms12123 [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

LaRussa's excuse of, they are pitching Saturday or Sunday is stupid. You add them to the team, then say they aren't available then add more people to the squad who can. I still have an extreme dislike for him.
Captainrich
[Jul 3, 2012 7:21:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atoms12123

Cain pitching? Cause La Russa doesn't want Posey catching Dickey's knuckleball? /RAGE.
Ions

[Jul 9, 2012 4:14:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Atoms12123    Atoms12123 [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 93   Pages: 4   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates