• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 93
Posts: 93   Pages: 4   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10231 times and has 92 replies Next Thread
Julephenia

Re: 2012 MLB Thread Reply to this Post

I'm having flashbacks to my childhood team, and I don't like it.

Ryan, Chase, get better FAST.
----------------------------------------
Oz is REAL, DAMMIT.
[Apr 9, 2012 6:20:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atoms12123

Go Mets? :D
Ions
Captain of the Pimps at Sea.

Avatars by Inghild, Yumisa ...and Imp.
[Apr 9, 2012 9:53:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Atoms12123    Atoms12123 [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Thank You God
Captainrich
[Apr 10, 2012 5:12:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fixated

Going to my first Nationals game of the season tomorrow. Slowly yet surely, I am becoming a Baseball/Nationals/Ryan Zimmerman fan. Also, yay for expanding my Nationals bobblehead collection (finally getting Strasburg)! *wobblewobblewobble*
Jenx
[Apr 13, 2012 9:56:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Both Trout and Harper called up. Little surprised with Harper since he was struggling in Triple A but not surprised with Trout because he is tearing it up. I think the Nats just needed somebody up because of injury. Both should be very good or can be, even though I would take Trout any day over Harper.
Captainrich
[Apr 28, 2012 10:13:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

Yeah, we need another bat while Zimmerman's out, but I also figure why not go for it now while we're hot.

And we just had our first two-game skid of the season and may lose our first series. D: I'm so spoiled right now.
[removed by SOPA]
[Apr 28, 2012 11:41:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

I think at this point in his career I would expect a good amount of Homeruns, but a absolute ton of strikeouts. He is very good with the fastball, not so much anything else. I am not sure how much he will actually help, but more than likely he will prove me wrong. Ticket sales!
Captainrich
[Apr 28, 2012 11:47:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fixated

Yeah, we need another bat while Zimmerman's out, but I also figure why not go for it now while we're hot.

:( Oh, Zimmerman.

So far, it seems that our pitching has been fantastic, but we're not too hot on the batting. However, Jayson Werth seems to have come across magical powers from the beard. I honestly think that it's not actually Jayson that is batting, but the beard . Also, the internet is really weird.

Considering about buying tickets and going for Harper's first game, if nothing else than because reading about baseball makes me want to go see more baseball.
Jenx
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Fixated at Apr 28, 2012 1:56:56 PM]
[Apr 28, 2012 1:41:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Julephenia

Oh, we Phils fans know the power of Werth's beard.

...I really, really miss it right now.
Oz is REAL, DAMMIT.
[Apr 28, 2012 5:22:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Julephenia

/me is shellshocked.

Doc, are you ok?

As a baseball fan, that game was... crazy. I mean, nuts. Two teams renowned for pitching have a football score after 11 innings, and it just wouldn't END. Phils have a 4 run lead, then a 6 run lead, then blow it... then go down 2... then go up by 1, then 4, then blow it, then tie it... I mean, I'm still trying to wrap my head around the stats.

Ow.

Edit: Ah, the pitching gods were with Weaver tonight.
Oz is REAL, DAMMIT.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Julephenia at May 2, 2012 11:08:50 PM]
[May 2, 2012 11:05:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fixated

Jules wrote: 
Ow.

:( *hugs!*

On an unrelated note, about Bryce Harper....
Jenx
[May 3, 2012 7:21:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Julephenia

Not looking forward to facing him.

And the ow is gone, we took 2/3 from the Braves, Joe Blanton throwing an 88 pitch 3-hit shutout. JOE BLANTON.
Oz is REAL, DAMMIT.
[May 3, 2012 7:47:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Julephenia

about Bryce Harper....

Message sent, retaliation received, Hamels suspended 5 games/1 start.

I'm okay with this.

Look, we may suck right now, but we're trying to stay afloat with a good chunk of our guys on the DL. ...A little respect for the reigning Division champs. That's all we want.

:P
Oz is REAL, DAMMIT.
[May 7, 2012 7:33:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atoms12123

about Bryce Harper....

I'm okay with this.

Look, we may suck right now, but we're trying to stay afloat with a good chunk of our guys on the DL. ...A little respect for the reigning Division champs. That's all we want.

Go Mets!
Ions

[May 7, 2012 7:43:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Atoms12123    Atoms12123 [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

about Bryce Harper....

I'm okay with this.

They old.
Captainrich
[May 8, 2012 9:11:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Julephenia

They been beating the NL East's rears for 5 years. (And last year, none of the rest of y'all even came close!)

It's a "Welcome to the Bigs, Kid," moment. :D
Oz is REAL, DAMMIT.
[May 8, 2012 1:24:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fixated

Jules, I love you, but he beaned someone with a ball and was stupid enough to say he did it on purpose. Just a "..........." moment.

Disclaimer: I'm undecided on Harper right now in general, it looks like he has a lot of talent, but from a lot of reports he seems like a big ol' douche. However, whacking someone with a ball (he obviously wasn't hurt, but still) and bragging about it latter is also a bit of a douche move.
Jenx
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Fixated at May 8, 2012 5:48:54 PM]
[May 8, 2012 5:46:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Julephenia

Yeah, the saying something was the moment where you remember Cole is a ball player, so subject to foot-in-mouth idiocy.

/me sighs.

Silly pretty boy.
Oz is REAL, DAMMIT.
[May 8, 2012 6:41:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

I hate to tell you, but this may be the last year Cole is a Philly. And the last year the Phillies can contend. They badly need a shot of youth.
Captainrich
[May 8, 2012 8:27:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atoms12123

Because hitting a rookie 8 games into his major league career is "Old school" Again, go Mets!

Edit: In other news, I love R.A Dickey, him playing wiffleball in an NYC park is priceless.
Ions

[Edit 1 times, last edit by atoms12123 at May 8, 2012 8:36:56 PM]
[May 8, 2012 8:35:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Atoms12123    Atoms12123 [Link]  Go to top 
Julephenia

I hate to tell you, but this may be the last year Cole is a Philly. And the last year the Phillies can contend. They badly need a shot of youth.

Cole's our young gun, and our execs have made it pretty clear they'll find a way to keep him.

On the other hand, Philadelphia, as a city, has gone back to our losing ways. I should have expected this about 3 seasons ago, but I thought maybe we'd finally broken the Philly curse.

I'm just going to go lick my wounds in the corner, now, and nurse the New York sized chip on my shoulder.
Oz is REAL, DAMMIT.
[May 8, 2012 9:37:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Don't know if they can keep Cole. They spend what, $120million on 6 players? Which by the way was incredibly stupid to give Howard and Papelbon the contracts they both received.

The NL East is probably wide open for the Marlins/Phillies now if they can pull it together. I can't see the Nats keeping up this winning when they are missing Zimmerman/Werth/Lidge/Storen/Morse. A few will be back soon but Werth is gone for a while. The Metz were always going to be better than people thought, but not good enough to win the division.
Captainrich
[May 9, 2012 12:06:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Double Post but...why are they giving us more interleague play? I thought everyone wanted less. Or maybe I just hate it that much that I hope everyone wants less...
Captainrich
[May 18, 2012 11:56:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Julephenia

Because listening to the fans is for pansies.

We're getting more interleague because the Astros will become an AL team next year, prompting 15 teams in each league, so always, always, always interleague. And the NL teams now have to carry a DH.

The DH bit is the part the pisses me off the most. I HATE the whole concept of DHing.

Also, WOO. Over .500!
Oz is REAL, DAMMIT.
[May 18, 2012 1:26:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atoms12123

Because listening to the fans is for pansies.

We're getting more interleague because the Astros will become an AL team next year, prompting 15 teams in each league, so always, always, always interleague. And the NL teams now have to carry a DH.

The DH bit is the part the pisses me off the most. I HATE the whole concept of DHing.

Also, WOO. Over .500!

Same. It's ridiculous, I hate when my friends talk about how the AL is better offensively than the NL. Make the pitchers hit, (Or get rid of Bud scuppering Selig.
Ions

[May 18, 2012 1:49:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Atoms12123    Atoms12123 [Link]  Go to top 
Fixated

Zimmerman/Werth/Lidge/Storen/Morse

Zimmerman is back, actually. Saw him on Wednesday, not playing the best, but hopefully he can shake the funk. I'm also very very upset that Werth is out, he had a good start to the season. If we continue to do well, I think it's going to be Adam LaRoche's fault. He cranked a home run out on Wednesday (and also earned his 1000th career hit). This season is looking really well for him, I hope he keeps it up.
Jenx
[May 19, 2012 11:07:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Julephenia

Am I allowed to panic about Halladay NOW?

Please?

(On the other hand, Kendrick with the shut-out from NOWHERE! I'll take it.)
Oz is REAL, DAMMIT.
[May 27, 2012 1:47:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atoms12123

Am I allowed to panic about Halladay NOW?

Please?

(On the other hand, Kendrick with the shut-out from NOWHERE! I'll take it.)

Meanwhile in Queens: 2 straight shutouts from Johan and RA Dickey (Who is turning into one of my favorite players, it's impossible not to like him.)
Ions

[May 27, 2012 8:40:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Atoms12123    Atoms12123 [Link]  Go to top 
henryrules10

I know it's early in the year, but GO MARLINS! Closing in on Washington <3
Nickbush on every ocean (Jadebush on Jade -.-)

Native Cobaltean for life

http://www.youtube.com/user/NickBush24

Foraging scoring glitch: http://bit.ly/QEpApx
[Jun 5, 2012 10:26:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fixated

I know it's early in the year, but GO MARLINS! Closing in on Washington <3

*shoos away with a stick*

Though it would be nice to not pay high prices when trying to go see baseball games.

Also, how are we all feeling about the draft this year?
Jenx
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Fixated at Jun 5, 2012 2:09:33 PM]
[Jun 5, 2012 2:08:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 93   Pages: 4   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates