• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 264
Posts: 264   Pages: 9   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 40201 times and has 263 replies Next Thread
glittertjess

*Knockout's intent for Labby/Terra*

A short story:
Alright so, Knockout never planned for a blockade on Viridian at this particular time window due to heavy involvement in other ocean blockades. We were online lazing around at our new flag hall and booom guess what, Kirin scuttle broadcast came up. I kept doing /w on Q's alt that was onboard the sloop that scuttled and found them jump to a sloop on Labby and engage another BK. We had literally 10 mins to decide - Watch them scuttle shield and sit on these larges for over a month due to the merger allowing them to drop more shoppes to sell OR blockade them before they scuttle successfully along with our ongoing Sage+Cobalt blockades. We chose the latter and have no regrets regardless of what happens tomorrow with 3 blockades goin' on at the same time because hey, a PVP drop will cost anyone more than 2 strength BK scuttle.

We need every support that we can make to pull off the Viridian blockade successfully tomrrow. This is an open letter to every Viridianite who feels that KO is more deserving than Legacy to hold these islands from a governing point of view to come out and show support tomorrow. If you want to see taxes go down and shoppes not being dropped on, you would know who to job for. I know we missed out on Kirin, we planned to drop on Sunday Noon. However, at a later stage depending on what condtion Kirin is after the merger break, I'll do whatever is possible in my hands to fix some/most of the damage done by Legacy.

Cade info:
Pay - Not sure yet, TBA.
Sinking - Ask Legacy
JCs - JobKO and JobK

Island plans:
We're dropping the tax to 50% on both Terra and Labby if we happen to win. KO will not be dropping any shoppes on either of the 2 larges. We will not replace dusted buldings on Labby either but clear the rubble instead. However, we may replace dusted buildings on Terra. We also do not have the intention to sit on so many larges and will decide later what to do with them.

Hoping to see your support tomorrow!
----------------------------------------
Cairna
Monarch of Knockout on Meridian & Emerald
[Jan 20, 2012 2:09:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

Re: *Knockout's intent for Labby/Terra*

Hope you guys win, if i wasn't working i'd be jobbing.

Best of luck anyway.
A Confirmed Basterd, Antix
Of Guerrilla Warfare 2018 fame

[Jan 20, 2012 2:11:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
the_rock99

Good luck my best friend!
Greatness.
Better than you.
[Jan 20, 2012 2:16:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Therealhunta

An intent with explanation and Island plans. So damn refreshing!

Although I don't believe that either KO or Legacy are more deserving than the other.
(personally....after holding Kirin for a long time and only ever replacing dusted buildings instead of placing new plots and keeping taxes at 24% the whole time I had it... where by both KO and Legacy have raised taxes and placed new plots since governing... ya, Biased and moot point I know)
That aside, I emplore any flag ensuring that scuttle shields are avoided. Am sure Legacy would rather contested cades instead of BK hauling.

Good luck to both sides.
~~Hunta~~
RiddleMakers
Viridian Meridian Ocean
[Jan 20, 2012 2:23:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

If Legacy preferred BK cades over PVP, id be royalty.
They havnt fallen that far yet ;)
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Jan 20, 2012 2:29:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Eketek

People pretending to somehow do the ocean a favor via blockades: This gets annoying.

At best, you might do a few shoppe owners a favor with reduced taxes, but that's about it.

Let's all fight each other and not say sorry.
Grandmaster Eketek's solution to everything:

Those who can pick up a pickup truck do not need to pick up pickup lines.
[Jan 20, 2012 2:32:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Some of us do the ocean a favor via mere presence.
Dintchu know?
LoLune

[Jan 20, 2012 2:40:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
glittertjess

(personally....after holding Kirin for a long time and only ever replacing dusted buildings instead of placing new plots and keeping taxes at 24% the whole time I had it... where by both KO and Legacy have raised taxes and placed new plots since governing... ya, Biased and moot point I know)

Just clearing this up, KO dropped 1 flag weavery on Kirin in 5 months and taxed both Kirin/Terra at 50%. This isn't the intent for Kirin either, we will decide and post the exact island plans for it when we can actually drop a warchest.
Cairna
[Jan 20, 2012 2:41:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Eketek

Some of us do the ocean a favor via mere presence.
Dintchu know?

That's quite alright. I grace the seven seas with my presence too.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Eketek at Jan 20, 2012 2:43:41 PM]
[Jan 20, 2012 2:43:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ladylego

Forgive me for saying and I may be completely wrong in this... but didnt KO help Legacy to gain these islands just last weekend in Laby's case. Cai and Bahara both having nav'd for legacy during this time?

Is this just some cheap way of faking a war and a cade just to pass islands between each other?

Maybe as I first said I'm wrong? Im sure I will be accused of being bitter and twisting this obviously real and legitimate war and the intentions of we are saving the ocean from legacy intent being the fact that I am from IC.... and after all the grief we received fro scuttling from legacy interesting to see they did the same thing on the same weekend.

Sparkly hugs to all Lego x
[Jan 20, 2012 2:49:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
glittertjess

Forgive me for saying and I may be completely wrong in this... but didnt KO help Legacy to gain these islands just last weekend in Laby's case. Cai and Bahara both having nav'd for legacy during this time?

Is this just some cheap way of faking a war and a cade just to pass islands between each other?

KO indeed helped Legacy last weekend due to a huge fallout with IC. If you're interested in knowing why exactly, please hit me up in-game so we can prevent drama on this thread. Knockout has officially moved out of AoD and we chose to help Legacy for that particular weekend against IC with no promises for anything in the future. It was a one time help, just because we wanted to.
Cairna
[Jan 20, 2012 2:56:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Eketek

Maybe as I first said I'm wrong? Im sure I will be accused of being bitter and twisting this obviously real and legitimate war and the intentions of we are saving the ocean from legacy intent being the fact that I am from IC.... and after all the grief we received fro scuttling from legacy interesting to see they did the same thing on the same weekend.

This is actually very hard for me to follow. Could you please restate it with all of the grammar?

[Jan 20, 2012 2:58:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

She may be wrong, and if she is let her know.
Shell prolly be accused of being a bitter manipulater, since shes from IC (either that or a mindless zombie. or justin beiber. but moving on)
She also assumes we will say shes just a hater and a naysayer, well say that Cai really is saving the ocean from Legacy, and she should just shut up.
We will say this all purely because shes in IC.
And she thinks its ironic that Legacy scuttled after giving IC shit about SSing.

Thats what I got out of it.
LoLune

[Jan 20, 2012 3:14:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ladylego

KO indeed helped Legacy last weekend due to a huge fallout with IC. If you're interested in knowing why exactly, please hit me up in-game so we can prevent drama on this thread..

Thank you and I will at some point as I'm always interested in hearing both sides of the story.

This is actually very hard for me to follow. Could you please restate it with all of the grammar?

And Eketek if you insist on trolling every bodies English and correct grammar at least make sure you speak English... not some Americanised and bastardised version of it (yes I have used s instead of z in the correct English spelling.)
[Jan 20, 2012 3:18:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Erm. Sorry love, but I dont think Eketek was trolling you there. Legitimate concern, really.
LoLune

[Jan 20, 2012 3:33:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Eketek

And Eketek if you insist on trolling every bodies English and correct grammar at least make sure you speak English... not some Americanised and bastardised version of it (yes I have used s instead of z in the correct English spelling.)

I don't speak English; I speak AMERICAN!
And for Lune, I definitely wasn't trolling before, but I am now!

[Edit 3 times, last edit by Eketek at Jan 20, 2012 3:45:45 PM]
[Jan 20, 2012 3:42:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ladylego

There is no such thing as American English. There is English and there are mistakes.

You my friend fall under the mistake category.
[Jan 20, 2012 3:55:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fransalle

Good Luck.

Gota laugh how they complained about CM scuttlin it 2 weeks in a row (seperated by the 2 week break) and then they scuttle and eventblockadeshield it.
Viridian
-----------
Iwnabeu
[Jan 20, 2012 3:56:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

I do not remember Legacy complaining about it, only mentioning that it had happened and using it as a reason to blockade.
In all actuality, there doesnt need to be a reason to blockade, its just the traditional obsession over aesthetics that make us give reasons. The ocean got its reason, Legacy got its blockade, it was a good day.
You mad or something?
LoLune

[Jan 20, 2012 4:03:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hazarath

Good luck at Labby, but I remind you that Terra is run by the esteemed Wend, and not Legacy.
Morbuzaan

I support PvP in sinking environments.

Cremate wrote: 
Cremate tells ye, "Anyway I have hockey to watch"

[Jan 20, 2012 4:07:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Eketek

There is no such thing as American English. There is English and there are mistakes.

You my friend fall under the mistake category.

Oh GOD! Please help me! I am shriveling up! Please brand my corpse with a "K"

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Eketek at Jan 20, 2012 4:12:22 PM]
[Jan 20, 2012 4:11:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
glittertjess

Good luck at Labby, but I remind you that Terra is run by the esteemed Wend, and not Legacy.

Wend has contacted me in game and pointed it out. We are still deciding about it and will keep him updated in-game. He told me he had no intention of having Terra scuttled.
Cairna
[Jan 20, 2012 4:24:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chiptharip

Private islands within a larger, island holding flag? goofy.
[Jan 20, 2012 5:23:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Are you speaking as an individual, or as a flag?
LoLune

[Jan 20, 2012 5:29:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Elliptic

The situation is obviously confusing and that's not ideal. I'm going to arrange for some kind of transfer.
"That is not how the question frames itself."

Wend, royal archophobe
[Jan 20, 2012 5:48:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chiptharip

I mean, it is a bit of a cop out to use a flag's political network and protection (if only in the sense that it is a place to actually keep the island, since obviously the mechanics require a flag) and then, when an attack occurs, state that the island in question is not affiliated with the flag holding it. If you are in a flag, then you inherently support their political actions. Any islands held by the flag are subject to a response to the flag's actions, regardless of the governance arrangement.

In other words, there has been ample time to transfer Terra out. If you didn't want the island connected to the flag, that time should have been better utilized. Lie in the bed you make, so to speak.
[Jan 20, 2012 5:55:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hazarath

I mean, it is a bit of a cop out to use a flag's political network and protection (if only in the sense that it is a place to actually keep the island, since obviously the mechanics require a flag) and then, when an attack occurs, state that the island in question is not affiliated with the flag holding it. If you are in a flag, then you inherently support their political actions. Any islands held by the flag are subject to a response to the flag's actions, regardless of the governance arrangement.

In other words, there has been ample time to transfer Terra out. If you didn't want the island connected to the flag, that time should have been better utilized. Lie in the bed you make, so to speak.

I don't think Wend has been using Legacy's political network and protection. Legacy has told us (us being Stone Soup, in this case) that it's our responsibility to defend the island. Furthermore, your bit about being in a flag is irrelevant, as Wend is not actually in Legacy.

There has not been a transfer largely due to fame mechanics. We're working to remedy that now.
Morbuzaan

I support PvP in sinking environments.

Cremate wrote: 
Cremate tells ye, "Anyway I have hockey to watch"

[Jan 20, 2012 6:05:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chiptharip

I had not realized he left; that's my mistake. I guess I should pay more attention to Viridian.

That said, I still think that, as in this case, if you choose to use a flag for fame evasion*, you should be responsible for any actions that flag incurs. There has been a conscious choice to keep the island affiliated with a specific flag.

**For real, multiple people have been banned or had their islands revoked for doing exactly what y'all are doing here. Be careful.
[Jan 20, 2012 6:17:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

**For real, multiple people have been banned or had their islands revoked for doing exactly what y'all are doing here. Be careful.
Out of curiosity, what is it that they're doing that is grounds (or close to it) for a ban?
[removed by SOPA]
[Jan 20, 2012 6:27:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chiptharip

Fame evasion was previously punished by banning (Jacktheblack and someone else, can't remember). It has also been punished by a loss of island or prevention of transferring/governance (GWTF/Cleo's).

Basically, the mechanic of "fame" is in the game for a reason. Cleaver's direct words, he posted on the subject a couple times, as did Artemis. If your flag "owns" an island (ie does the blockading and governs it) but does not have the fame to hold it within their flag, so another flag holds it, then you are evading the fame mechanic, which has previously been classified as a sotg violation. I think fame is kind of goofy, but I mean, come on, Morb's post directly admits to evading fame.

OMs don't really care about the rules anymore so they should be fine, but if this happened in 2005-1007 it would have been punished heavily. This exact situation has occurred multiple times, incurring punishment.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Chiptharip at Jan 20, 2012 6:33:23 PM]
[Jan 20, 2012 6:32:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 264   Pages: 9   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates