• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 33
Posts: 33   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 11659 times and has 32 replies Next Thread
Luxory

Top secret defence

Where: Alkaid.

When: Saturday 21st January - Noon game time, jobbing will start an hour before

Sinking - Yes.

JC - Jobgl

Pay starting at 1k a seg.

But don't let anyone know we're defending, it's a secret!
----------------------------------------
Luxory on Obsidian.
Aristoza flag royalty chats, "Ro initiated all the greenies by getting them on one big ship and sinking them all at once"
Positive Penguins
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Luxory at Jan 20, 2012 12:32:51 PM]
[Jan 20, 2012 12:07:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kabir144

Re: Top secret defence

Good Luck!
Kabit Huntard Emeraldian

Amazing Avvy by Cattrin
[Jan 20, 2012 12:32:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Randomite

At the risk of outing our top secret defense, I have an important question.

Will there be cookies?
Disengaged.

Dexade tells ye, "i m not talking to you and dont want your cookies!"
[Jan 20, 2012 5:38:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Inframan8

At the risk of outing our top secret defense, I have an important question.

Will there be cookies?

will there be milk?
Inframan
Super Retired.
Newest!
Loathe says, "Infra is carp god."
[Jan 20, 2012 8:47:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

Not for either of you.

God damn I just wasted my 1000th post on you guys.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by randomact at Jan 20, 2012 8:59:59 PM]
[Jan 20, 2012 8:59:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mezzzo

Gl ill be there 3rd partying ;)
Mezzo :D

Hanging out...
Avy by Masters!
[Jan 21, 2012 4:03:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dasnoke

Gl ill be there 3rd partying ;)

With a sloop? :o
Arno
[Jan 21, 2012 5:41:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
the8dude

Good Luck!
Zakilla
You've seen nothing yet.
[Jan 21, 2012 7:34:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Doulber

Good luck, you won't need it.
Official spokesman of Ade446.
Barnabas the Pale tells ye, "You made me literally laugh out loud."

-The D: Retired.

[Jan 21, 2012 8:49:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
awright

And zakilla successfully buys another island....

Edit: Congrats to illusion for the successful attack on alkaid!
-barcium

Original Huntard
[Edit 1 times, last edit by awright at Jan 21, 2012 1:43:03 PM]
[Jan 21, 2012 1:40:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Luxory

I wouldn't say he "bought" the island in all honesty. I made a BA mistake in round 2 and it cost us that round, my head wasn't in the blockade, I had other problems and I therefore felt it was best to pull out.

Thank to everyone who supported Good Luck today. I will be requesting other island owners in the AImuari arch if they can help me to keep my event going as I personally feel it was a pleasurable waste of time.
Luxory on Obsidian.
Aristoza flag royalty chats, "Ro initiated all the greenies by getting them on one big ship and sinking them all at once"
Positive Penguins
[Jan 21, 2012 2:03:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chiptharip

Derp. First of all, 3/4 navs, LA and BA (me) are not in Illusion, so nice try there.

In R1 we were outjobbed by 30-40 at times. Furthermore, GL's jobbers were absolutely killing it, to the point that even at even jobbing, we still were at a disadvantage. Two our our ships sunk while up on shots on their opponent. Dahlgren pulled 7 specials (7!!) on one ship alone. GL had a lot better jobber loyalty, to the point that when pay went even, we would actually lose jobbers. Before things got really hectic, I gave Luxory a heads up on all our raises. We talked throughout the blockade (same with other GL staff members I know). Edit: We did an unnecessary raise in R2, which was silly and I apologize, but we never outshipped them. We only had 4 navvers and only put on 4 frigs max.

In other words, quit pole jockin' dude.

Good fight to Good Luck. Honestly, didn't expect things to turn like they did; that was definitely one of the most unpredictable blockades I've been involved in. We were vastly outperformed in R1. In R2, situations switched which usually doesn't happen.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Chiptharip at Jan 21, 2012 2:36:34 PM]
[Jan 21, 2012 2:08:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
awright

Derp. First of all, 3/4 navs, LA and BA (me) are not in Illusion, so nice try there.

In R1 we were outjobbed by 30-40 at times. Furthermore, GL's jobbers were absolutely killing it, to the point that even at even jobbing, we still were at a disadvantage. Two our our ships sunk while up on shots on their opponent. Dahlgren pulled 7 specials (7!!) on one ship alone. GL had a lot better jobber loyalty, to the point that when pay went even, we would actually lose jobbers. Before things got really hectic, I gave Luxory a heads up on all our raises. We talked throughout the blockade (same with other GL staff members I know). Edit: We did an unnecessary raise in R2, which was silly and I apologize, but we never outshipped them. We only had 4 navvers and only put on 4 frigs max.

In other words, quit pole jockin' dude.

The jobbing for Good Luck may have been more than just loyalty to that flag. Zakilla has a pretty notable reputation in how he handles islands which deffinatly didn't help with the jobbing. Also, my post wasn't really about how illusion ran the whole blockade (I know it didn't) I am just wondering why illusion gave so much support to them even with knowledge on how zakilla has treated islands and shoppes in the past.

Dahlgren didn't out nav daquan because he used tokens, Daquan was out naved because he went off points continually and didn't account for dahlgrens incredibly defensive nav style. He also was not up in shots. Daquan was very down in shots. Also the cade team for zakilla included many more illusion members and people associated with illusion than mentioned in your previous post.
-barcium

Original Huntard
[Jan 21, 2012 3:04:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stayclassy

Zakilla also buys Navers.
Nopolitics
[Jan 21, 2012 3:18:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Randomite

Gg to Your Flag, was a fun blockade. I completely agree with Chip, extremely unpredictable, but fun that way. I felt I could've navved a lot better in R2, and I think a lot of the reason we lost is down to that, i'm happy to admit that.

Hope we see more blockades like this in future, though, I hope with slightly less pay ;)
Disengaged.

[Jan 21, 2012 3:19:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

I felt I could've navved a lot better in R2, and I think a lot of the reason we lost is down to that, i'm happy to admit that.

You can't nav any better, don't lie.
Loathe/Forever.

[Jan 21, 2012 3:21:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Randomite

I felt I could've navved a lot better in R2, and I think a lot of the reason we lost is down to that, i'm happy to admit that.

You can't nav any better, don't lie.

Only cause Lux stole the best XO <3
Disengaged.

[Jan 21, 2012 3:24:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chiptharip

Disengaged wrote: 
Hope we see more blockades like this in future, though, I hope with slightly less pay ;)

Pukru 2?
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Chiptharip at Jan 21, 2012 3:42:38 PM]
[Jan 21, 2012 3:41:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
the8dude

Good Game. Quite an interesting blockade today.

I would like to clear up an issues regarding Alkiad:

Regarding taxes - No, we will not be spiking them to 100%. (What kind of shop owning individual would do this?) In fact, we will be making sure to keep things in favor of the shop & stall owners. After next weekend, we will be giving 50% refunds on all taxes collected.

And to this comment:

Zakilla has a pretty notable reputation in how he handles islands which deffinatly didn't help with the jobbing.

Are you referring to the only island I governed, Lowlands, where we kept taxes below 15%? Gave tax breaks for new shops? Re-furnished the inn? Re-painted the palace with black paint & kept things stocked? Yup, I agree.. quite a putrid reputation.
Zakilla
You've seen nothing yet.
[Jan 21, 2012 3:43:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Randomite

Disengaged wrote: 

Pukru 2?

Maybe even Iocane :P
Disengaged.

[Jan 21, 2012 3:55:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Headahopper

Paying 3000 poe per segment in a brigand king blockade for fun is fine.
Paying 3k a seg in a bk cade trying to win and losing anyway?

She's sexy but she can't cook.
No defense at all? No suprise.

Having one of the most talented cade teams floating and quiting because of losing one round. (Bring the score to even; One round each.)

How can anyone flame Zakilla with the above opportunities.
All the gossip, all the time.
[Jan 21, 2012 4:51:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Luxory

Paying 3000 poe per segment in a brigand king blockade for fun is fine.
Paying 3k a seg in a bk cade trying to win and losing anyway?

She's sexy but she can't cook.
No defense at all? No suprise.

Having one of the most talented cade teams floating and quiting because of losing one round. (Bring the score to even; One round each.)

How can anyone flame Zakilla with the above opportunities.

Actually I wasn't going to make this public, I quit because my baby was ill and I wasn't going to continue to fund a blockade I could not see. I said all along if I don't go 2 - 0 up I'll quit after round 2; and I did just that.

Is this selfish? Yes it is, but I did it for my own reasons; my real life takes priority everything single time.

I'm not sure why I would continue when it's obvious pay is easily going to go above 5 - 6k a seg and I wont be able to be here?

At the end of the day, we lost. I'm not bothered about losing, it's not going to stop me dropping from the future and you "will" be seeing me at a large in the future aswell.
Luxory on Obsidian.
Positive Penguins
[Jan 21, 2012 5:09:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Randomite

I'd like to raise this point, as it seems to have been ignored.

People are generally concluding that you need a reason to pull out of a blockade. You really don't. If a blockade for your flag isn't going in a path that is generally favorable, you might want to end it there. Today's a case example, high pay for what reason exactly? All it would have been is a drain on each flag involved, and a huge one at that. You want to end it as soon as you can in this situation, the last thing that would come to mind if you're in this situation would be; "let's go 5 rounds."

So, the smart thing to do here is pull out. It's not a cowardly move, it doesn't hurt the ocean, it doesn't mistreat jobbers and it sure as hell doesn't mean you don't care about blockades. It's just common sense, something Hunter as of late has seemed to be lacking a lot recently. If you don't like flagsits, then join in more, go take a ship in, it's more fun and cheaper than it looks. If you don't want to participate, then fair enough, but don't blame other people for not doing anything about your wants.
Disengaged.

[Jan 21, 2012 5:28:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chiptharip

I think its valid to say that if we didn't keep the ramp up, we would have got burnt. When pay was matched for any length of time, jobbers swung to you guys hard, as seen in R1.

So, after R1 we were basically faced with:
1) Pull out
2) Constant raise, catch jobbers, match, go down, raise, etc to try and keep some semblance of balanced jobbing (R2 was even shipped).

If it were my flag or my resources, option one would be more attractive. However, I understand Zakilla's desire to win and a desire to not just accept a one round ass whupping for a blockade. It is really unfortunate the two involved flags were mismatched in various areas, causing this sort of escalation. Honestly, I've never seen jobbing numbers be so dynamic with regards to pay. We were having fluctuations in the range of 5-10% of our jobbing force when we were outpaying, to matching.
[Jan 21, 2012 5:49:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

Okay seeing how Zakilla never made an intent thread I'm just going to ask here. What are your intentions for the island? I see you've already dropped an IM.
Loathe/Forever.

[Jan 21, 2012 7:02:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dasnoke

Okay seeing how Zakilla never made an intent thread I'm just going to ask here. What are your intentions for the island? I see you've already dropped an IM.

Plans:
- Changing the theme to "Killer theme".
- Dropping at least 2 shoppes with "Killer" in it.
- Getting even a bigger ego.
Arno
[Jan 21, 2012 8:04:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
awright

-barcium

Original Huntard
[Jan 21, 2012 8:05:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Doulber

Where to begin?

The idea of Shoppes - Ha..... These will fund a future kade for Zakilla after he loses Alkaid to a somewhat superior foe, or anyone with a IQ above 53. Alkaid doesn't need any shoppes. I will be interested in a month if these shoppes will still be running.

Lux - I support your decision whole heartily. This is a game and sometimes people believe this is reality. (No names mentioned)

On the topic of YF's staff - Blah, he paid his staff. No one will deny that.

On the Illusion topic, we all know whose team has been/is better for the last year. Only one fudge up at Aim before the blockade break.
Official spokesman of Ade446.
Barnabas the Pale tells ye, "You made me literally laugh out loud."

-The D: Retired.

[Jan 22, 2012 6:44:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chiptharip

On the topic of YF's staff - Blah, he paid his staff. No one will deny that.

On the Illusion topic, we all know whose team has been/is better for the last year. Only one fudge up at Aim before the blockade break.

'No one will deny that' is correct. Everyone got paid, from XOs to innspammers to JCs. Inflags, out of flag, out of ocean staff, all got paid the same amount; Your Flag likes to reward those that commit 5 hours to their cause. I don't see how that's something to hate on.

Your comment on the team is goofy, "Illusion team" comment notwithstanding. Perhaps there has been a dominant team over the last year; however, since getting involved on Hunter, our team is sitting at 3-0 (9-1 rounds) with wins at Aim, Alk and Pukru. Postmerger should be interested.
[Jan 22, 2012 7:02:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

Dahlgren didn't out nav daquan because he used tokens, Daquan was out naved because he went off points continually and didn't account for dahlgrens incredibly defensive nav style. He also was not up in shots. Daquan was very down in shots. Also the cade team for zakilla included many more illusion members and people associated with illusion than mentioned in your previous post

I appreciate the backup, but as a matter of fact the only times I got shots into Daq was when I used my special tokens. I'd just like to point out that I didn't outnav Daquan and had I not had such amazing jobbers, I would have been sunk a lot sooner than I did.
Dahl "I have higher moral standards" gren
[Jan 22, 2012 7:35:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 33   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates