• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 85
Posts: 85   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 22725 times and has 84 replies Next Thread
muppman

Legacy's karaoke thread Vol.1

This thread is specifically made to ONLY host the cade songs from Legacy's Songs of Support (SoS) project. And for comments about the songs. If you have comments about jobbing numbers, cade tactics or just generally feel a bit sad that your side lost, please go to the specific blockade intent. It is due to the silly amount of posts about such things I have made this thread, as an escape for us who don't care about Viridians politics but love a good laugh after a fun blockade.

Zombie
(Qvintus)

I want Cairna
(Nativepride)

Eye of the tiger
(Nagflar)

I'm a beliver (Avienda)

I will update this post with a new song every time Legacy win a blockade.
Here is a list for the songs of lost blockades that you didn't get to hear:

Bad moon rising (Qvintus)
Fintan bloody Fintan (Narci)
----------------------------------------
/Qvintus, First mate of Nightmare and King of Legacy
[Jan 20, 2012 10:11:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Eketek

Re: Legacy's karaoke thread Vol.1

My ears are melting off of my face! Somebody make me stop it all!
Grandmaster Eketek's solution to everything:

Those who can pick up a pickup truck do not need to pick up pickup lines.
[Jan 20, 2012 10:28:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

Was it really necessary to start this thread yet again?
Roseh

[Jan 20, 2012 12:49:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

I guess you gotta do something to pass the time inbetween the scuttles.
Dahl "I have higher moral standards" gren
[Jan 20, 2012 12:51:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

Was it really necessary to start this thread yet again?

Yes, for two reasons.

1. The older threads have been spammed with irrelevant and hostile posts by people who can't stand that a flag they don't like is doing something fun, and

2. A post that is older than two months can't be edited and the previous thread was closing in on that. We want to be able to keep adding new songs, like Q added I'm a Believer today.
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Jan 20, 2012 1:04:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

So instead you decide to spam us with the same thread over and over again uh?, you could simply link to the song in the intent thread, ppl who really want to hear them will find it.
Roseh

[Jan 20, 2012 1:09:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Karal5

Could it just be that 300 views on each song is causing a bite on your bum? The best part is where, each time Q posts this thread, you have something negative to post about it, how many ever times he might renew it.

1. The older threads have been spammed with irrelevant and hostile posts by people who can't stand that a flag they don't like is doing something fun, and

Im an Avienda believer! I NEVER had a doubt:D
Nag, Illi
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Karal5 at Jan 20, 2012 1:25:19 PM]
[Jan 20, 2012 1:22:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

Perhaps you should retire and focus solely on your singing career since your youtube videos seems more popular than your flag.
[Jan 20, 2012 1:24:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Karal5

Perhaps you should retire and focus solely on your singing career since your youtube videos seems more popular than your flag.

So you like them dont you?:DD
Agreed, we do have quite flourishing singing careers
Nag, Illi
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Karal5 at Jan 20, 2012 1:34:25 PM]
[Jan 20, 2012 1:31:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

You are missing the point Nagflar, I couldn't care less how many views your videos got but this is Parley, maybe you should post this on Shore Leave instead of remaking the thread every time the discussions gets hot and you don't like it.
Roseh

[Jan 20, 2012 1:34:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

What the fuck happened to Parley?

What is this?
A Confirmed Basterd, Antix
Of Guerrilla Warfare 2018 fame

[Jan 20, 2012 1:44:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fresnokush

You lost me when you said you didn't care about Viridians politics. If you don't care then don't blockade. I mean, you guys just prance around in a constant state of dogmatism making your celebratory "we did another blockade lololol" threads and dismiss anybody who doesn't pat you on your back for your efforts?

Karaoke and other showcase threads are, by design, much more successful when the general public likes you. If you really value these threads more than politics as you imply, then it is time to start bending to the will of those who frequent this social medium. After all, they're doing a much better job of controlling your fate than you are right now.
Twiggy is dead.
He flies spaceships now.
Blame Three Rings.

"Among creatures born into chaos, a majority will imagine an order,
a minority will question the order, and the rest will be pronounced insane."

[Jan 20, 2012 1:48:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

So you like them dont you?:DD
Agreed, we do have quite flourishing singing careers

No no, that wasn't it at all. I was attempting to point out how ridiculously damaged your political image is by comparing it with something absolutely horrible (that's your singing) and calling it worse.

Don't get me wrong there, if you want to sing to each other knock yourselves out. But don't spam your audio-torture into parley and expect people to compliment you.

HOW IS THIS DERAIL WORKING FOR YOU QVINTUS?

[Jan 20, 2012 1:52:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Nah. Its more like youre expected to put on your big boy panties and stop standing in the mud pit with us.
If noone cares about these songs, then let the silence of the threads speak for itself.
If Legacy is a shithole, calling it a shithole over and over isnt going to make it any less of one.
If the hole is bigger than the bucket, your weight will make it all sink faster. You tryna be a douche and speed up the shipwreck?
Your constant picking over such trivial things is borderline Luney.
Hah. I got my pun of the day. And its oh so applicable. You dont wanna be like me do you dahl? Best be careful.
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Jan 20, 2012 2:17:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
clasalle

I haven't watched any of the videos. I don't understand why people seem so anti-legacy. However, looking at the VP history I don't see a thread for all the video's that RM has done, or IC, or SC, or any other flag I don't' really know. The thing is this forum is to discuss the political and social aspects of the game. By repeatedly remaking this thread and placing it on a forum that responds to the social game you are subjecting it to such responses. There is no history of such threads. To be honest a more appropriate avenue may be a YouTube channel. Somewhere that someone could see all your videos by following links. If I want to see video's anchovia has made I can go to Anchyypp (I think thats it) and click on them. But if Anchovia was to make a thread purely so people can revel in how clever her people are it would go just as belly up.

(Anchovia was just the first example that came to mind.)
Lassie on Viridian
[Jan 20, 2012 2:43:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Politics... hmmm... politics....
Making a thread that has in the past been amazing at showcasing haters.....
Politics....
hmm...

Practically, you are correct.
Politically, incorrect.

Think of it like this: guy keeps trying to just share his stuff. People act nasty towards him because its him and they dont care about his stuff. Those things are then recorded for the public eye to look back and see the pattern of malevolence.

Meanwhile, people like you come along and actually attempt to post constructively as to why its not really an acceptable thing. You passed the test.

The concrete side of VP is yes, political and social discussion.
The abstract side of VP is political and social maneuvering.
Two sides of the same coin, but only one ever seems apparent.
LoLune

[Jan 20, 2012 3:01:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
clasalle

So people don't like him for whatever reason. He does something that recieves more hatred and just keeps doing it. So like my little brother then?
Lassie on Viridian
[Jan 20, 2012 3:08:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

I do not know your little brother, so no comment.
Please keep in mind there are people who do not mind being hated. Myself among them.
Anything I do, someone will dislike.
So I do what I do and thats that.
If someone doesnt like it, they may attempt to stop me.
If noone stops me, I will keep doing as I please.

Am I being selfish? Depends on how you look at it.

If you take it from the angle of everyones an individual, with their own (and shared) ideas, beliefs, opinions, methods, etc: then anyone who attempts to call me wrong for doing as I please is an oppressive, narrowminded douchebag.
From this perspective, society is a puzzle. You need all the pieces to make it complete. Not just the cookie-cutter piece.

(There is a completely opposing angle, but I figure most people who would jump in here would see it more from that side anyhow, so I refrain from beginning a new novel.
LoLune

[Jan 20, 2012 3:30:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Elliptic

I think a wiki page could work well for compendializing songs.
"That is not how the question frames itself."

Wend, royal archophobe
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Elliptic at Jan 20, 2012 3:36:01 PM]
[Jan 20, 2012 3:35:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fresnokush

I have nothing against the songs nor any of the people who sang them, but I'm sitting here scratching my head because I really can't figure out what Legacy's gimmick is. There are so many double standards. I'm also having a hard time believing that any of the feedback being given was the intended outcome, as if there is some grand scheme in place. Not buying that.

So even if we overlook the fact that I despise people who blockade regularly yet do not respect politics, my own analysis has narrowed the field down to two possibilities. It is all speculation to this point but I should note that my success rate is normally above-par on these kinds of assumptions.

1) Legacy is overexpanding to the point where they have become their own social clique and are adopting a "join us or have us rub our e-penis in your face" mantra.

or

2) They are a flag full of bigots who geniunely want to be appreciated with free hugs and rainbows and butterflies and all that *+*+* crap, but are too blinded by their own personal beliefs to allow people to truly appreciate them.
Twiggy is dead.
He flies spaceships now.
Blame Three Rings.

"Among creatures born into chaos, a majority will imagine an order,
a minority will question the order, and the rest will be pronounced insane."

[Jan 20, 2012 5:51:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hazarath

I would agree, especially if it was devoted to all blockade intent songs, and not just Legacy's.
Morbuzaan

I support PvP in sinking environments.

Cremate wrote: 
Cremate tells ye, "Anyway I have hockey to watch"

[Jan 20, 2012 6:08:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

You hafta read between the lines mate, its give us hugs or you cant join our club.
And we like our bass down low.

And yeah you're right, no grand schemes. ;)
LoLune

[Jan 20, 2012 8:54:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

I would agree, especially if it was devoted to all blockade intent songs, and not just Legacy's.

This. Truthfully, its not necessary to make the thread every 2 months when ^ is a viable alternative. That said, let the kids have their toys, trying to take them away just makes them more annoying.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Jan 20, 2012 9:39:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

There's a Wiki page (kinda) where you can put intents, but I think that's just for intent art.

GOTTA MAKE THAT YOUTUBE MONEY
Anchovia
[Jan 20, 2012 9:58:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chiptharip

GOTTA MAKE THAT YOUTUBE MONEY

Dude have you seen this yet? Holy shit its awesome.
[Jan 20, 2012 10:48:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

You would think, with an ass like that she could twerk.

But nooooooooo
Anchovia
[Jan 20, 2012 11:04:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Elliptic

I have learned a new word.

But let's say it, that's a shockingly blatant rip-off of this classic tune.
"That is not how the question frames itself."

Wend, royal archophobe
[Jan 21, 2012 12:20:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

Anch, please show us all how a pro like yourself twerks. <3
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Jan 21, 2012 12:42:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

Dahlgren wrote: 

No no, that wasn't it at all. I was attempting to point out how ridiculously damaged your political image is by comparing it with something absolutely horrible (that's your singing) and calling it worse.

At least we are honest.

From Q's chatlogs, on the 5th of December, after we offered RM an alliance and considerable help against Knockout and the SMA, in exchange for nice enough manners that we would actually want to help them:

[14:27:18] Dahlgren tells ye, "We hit up the other royals, throwing jobbers will benefit us both, but we would need to keep it off paper since we don't want to smudge our political image"
[14:27:43] Ye told Dahlgren, "Go scupper yourself"

Wanting our help under the table, while still publicly trashing us? Cute. We've had enough of that, thank you.

Edit:
Wend wrote: 

Actually not a bad idea.

Intent threads only is a bad idea, though, since the song links tend to get buried in random tarting so that people don't see them. Nagflar's song, for example, very fast increased its viewings by 400% when lifted out of the spam.
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ezder at Jan 21, 2012 1:16:02 AM]
[Jan 21, 2012 1:12:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

Ironic how in that discussion Q said he doesn't care for islands but likes blockades...and then asked for an alliance with RM. If you liked blockades, why would you try and ally a potential enemy? :)

Loathe, I can't twerk. I don't have the ass for it. ): But I am saving up for some implants so maybe one day!
Anchovia
[Edit 1 times, last edit by anchovygirl at Jan 21, 2012 1:20:45 AM]
[Jan 21, 2012 1:20:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 85   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates