• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 855 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
deltaruler

Memorization Competition for the new Oceans Reply to this Post

First creepy suggestion:
New unique item (the current one is the Globe) for (holding in Portrait) for completing the memorization of the whole new ocean (concerning the merging oceans).

Second creepy suggestion:
Since the beginning of the new merged oceans - memorization competition with YPP items and real awards.

The winners on each new ocean must be the pirates who made first their portraits holding the special item proving the memorization.

Final creepy suggestion:
* Awarding top 5 in each new ocean, listing by the date and hour of their portraits - proving their accomplishments;
* Overall inter-ocean memorization competition awarding for the top 10 pirates.

P.S. If there is no official YPP competition starts, each flag could turn this event as inside flag competition with their own awards, however in all cases Brutal Fate will establish this flag event soon.
----------------------------------------
GULFipedia:
"Real life made me to respect people in games faster. Games made me to mute people in real life easier."
[Edit 4 times, last edit by deltaruler at Jan 20, 2012 6:49:53 AM]
[Jan 20, 2012 6:25:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aethera21

Re: Memorization Competition for the new Oceans Reply to this Post

I wasn't thinking of a competition, but I was planning on starting a memming thread on Cerulean's new Parley forum as soon as it was up, so we could get an active list of players going (as opposed to list of all players, which is what the wiki has now) willing to chart each other.

When I memmed Cobalt, I was in a position to play at work, and spend hours a day memming. I no longer am, but I do plan on devoting a lot of evening hours to charting people and hopefully being charted. Memming Midnight on my Cobalt character is the most exciting thing about the merger, to me :)

I do really, really like the idea of the post-Globe reward, which I hope they do. And I think having a competition, either ocean wide or just within flags, is a great idea!
Aethera of Cobalt Cerulean
Princess of Maniacal Menagerie
Blockade staff on any ocean
[Jan 20, 2012 10:42:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SirCarl67

P.S. If there is no official YPP competition starts, each flag could turn this event as inside flag competition with their own awards, however in all cases Brutal Fate will establish this flag event soon.

If no official (by which I assume you mean Ringer run) competition starts there is no reason why a player can not run this event oceanwide. I think it is a great idea but am planning on running another event shortly after the merger so can't commit to running it myself.

I am not sure how long the winner will require so it might be a little late to apply for ringer support but you could still try. Though for this I imagine the only ringer support you are likely to need is with prizes (and you might be able to find a wealthy player willing to donate).
Apollo tells ye "If you're ok for me to do one [bake-off], I'll go with that."
[Jan 20, 2012 11:32:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BlackBeth

I don't want to hijack this thread, but it reminds me of something I have been thinking about -- namely the OTHER style of Memorization Event, the cooperative one where we all help our fellow pirates get the ocean memorized.

Traditionally, on Midnight at least, these involved a host crew that all the memmers and charters could join or job into to facilititate charting requests by use of crew chat and sharing sloops, and lasted for a week or so. I'd like to see one set up for Midnight/Cobalt at least in the near future after the merge. I'm happy to organize it, but I figure there are probably other pirates out there with the same idea, and I don't want to steal anyone's thunder.

So,anyone from Midnight or Cobalt who's been thinking along those lines, please drop me a PM, and we can maybe coordinate efforts?
Feylind

Semi-retired Midnight Cerulean Event Addict
[Jan 21, 2012 1:30:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeythePirate [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates