• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 3
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 677 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
LJAmethyst

Dormant royals Reply to this Post

A question arose on /greeter chat today, whether dormant royals count toward a majority for voting purposes. Some said yes, some said no. The person who said no, recently demoted a raft of dormant royals with just one vote.

I last updated YPPedia with this in April 2010; there was no discussion at the time.
----------------------------------------
Retired as of August 2015.
Sic transit gloria mundi.
[Jan 19, 2012 3:15:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
tilinka

Re: Dormant royals Reply to this Post

Er, two votes (me and my alt) - to move three dormant royals to titled and one active player to royal.

We did have a second active royal, who may or may not have voted; but at the best it would have been a tie on the change status if the dormant players counted
Tilinka, Emerald
Perilous Puppet
Avatar Thread | Finished Artsy Stuff | Sketches
[Jan 19, 2012 3:22:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.perilouspuppets.com/blog    3569427 [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Re: Dormant royals Reply to this Post

Dormant royals are excluded, as we learned last year to our accidental peril.

Edit: Er, given the statement in the discussion thingy, I'll explain what happened to us when we were doing the drops nearly every week and let you figure out what that means in terms of what Chupchup described. With three real royals plus our JC royal, our practice was to set it up secretly midweek by posting a wardec minus a vote (2 votes), then the chest-dropper would use the JC royal to finish the wardec (vote 3 out of 4 possibles) and drop the chest when the blockade window opened. One week I posted the usual 2 mid-week royal votes and the wardec went through right away instead of waiting for a third vote. I checked and our JC royal had gone dormant. None of the other royals was online so it was definitely not caused by someone voting when they shouldn't have.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by sweetnessc at Jan 19, 2012 4:18:03 PM]
[Jan 19, 2012 4:07:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates