• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 18
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7462 times and has 17 replies Next Thread
monstersoda

Intent to Make Acanthaster Spits a Greenie Spawn

In light of the fact that Acanthaster Spits still does not have the population required to be a greenie spawn, 250 players, I am intending to start a project today to reach the target population goal.

As of now, the population stands roughly at 65. Which means we need 185 more pirates with their home at Acanthaster Spits. Due to the constraints of the limited player base on this ocean, this means that the use of alts is a perfect solution.

Starting now, I am offering free whisks to any pirate or their alts (altssss) to Acanthaster Spits. I am also willing to provide any established pirate a whisking potion so as to allow their pirate to travel home, and else where, free of charge once the greenie spawn is established. In order to further promote this target goal of 185 more pirates at Acanthaster, I'm providing sloop stock of 150 small cannon balls and 20 rum to anyone whom would like to deport from the island for a voyage. Please note that I am also happy to (and others are, for this is Malachite after all) to chart ships to Acanthaster. I will also pay for the ship to be swabbied there. Do note that this will be based off of my discretion and I will not chart your entire fleet.

As most people, thankfully, do not read the forums, I will be hosting tournies and advertising this offer throughout the ocean until the greenie spawn is active.

With my most humble regards, I look forward to seeing Malachite's new greenie spawn open.

Cheers.
----------------------------------------
Emmett
[Jan 18, 2012 1:11:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Doulber

Re: Intent to Make Acanthaster Spits a Greenie Spawn

This should be the owner's job not yours.

Know your place.

Raising PR with all the free horsebaloney?
Official spokesman of Ade446.
Barnabas the Pale tells ye, "You made me literally laugh out loud."

-The D: Retired.

[Jan 18, 2012 2:03:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

Know your place.

I'd be more than happy for SMD to support the effort.
Emmett
[Jan 18, 2012 2:04:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Disgraced

Taking initiative in an action you feel should be done is excellent. Whether others are in agreement with it or not, at least what's being done is something that is in Emmett's power. PR or not, I support taking action in your hands when you believe it is needed, and when you are able to do so.
Bunnyspawn, prince of Coherent Insanity on Meridian.

Jdilla's wench on Emerald.
[Jan 18, 2012 2:50:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
riku743

Know your place.

I don't understand how you could think this is a bad thing for him to be doing. Seriously?
Nil used to play Mala.
Lurking on the forums.
[Jan 18, 2012 3:04:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hikariks

Know your place.

I don't understand how you could think this is a bad thing for him to be doing. Seriously?

I dont think its a bad thing, Its okay, Just the fact he did it without really asking and that usually what emm does (sorry, no offence) does not always happen for "enjoyment" of others more than himself ^^; i guess it goes that way.
Yumisa World Wide ;)
Your Favourite Cookie Monster <3op
Can't find me? Im on Deviant Art!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Hikariks at Jan 18, 2012 3:08:25 PM]
[Jan 18, 2012 3:07:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Disgraced

Know your place.

I dont think its a bad thing, Its okay, Just the fact he did it without really asking and that usually what emm does (sorry, no offence) does not always happen for "enjoyment" of others more than himself ^^; i guess it goes that way.

I fail to see how his initiative is going to hurt anyone here. He asked for things to be done in a manner he viewed they should be done. Since they weren't done in a way that satisfied him, he took a route that he could handle that does not interfere with those of the island owning party. Getting Acanthaster to be able to greenie spawn, as well as promote pillaging, is not slimming the enjoyment of any aspect of the game for any player of said game.
Bunnyspawn, prince of Coherent Insanity on Meridian.

Jdilla's wench on Emerald.
[Jan 18, 2012 3:18:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hikariks

Know your place.

I fail to see how his initiative is going to hurt anyone here. He asked for things to be done in a manner he viewed they should be done. Since they weren't done in a way that satisfied him, he took a route that he could handle that does not interfere with those of the island owning party. Getting Acanthaster to be able to greenie spawn, as well as promote pillaging, is not slimming the enjoyment of any aspect of the game for any player of said game.

I repeat, i dont think its a bad thing at all :P Just, kinda awkward.
Yumisa World Wide ;)
Your Favourite Cookie Monster <3op
Can't find me? Im on Deviant Art!
[Jan 18, 2012 3:20:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
teffiec

Whether or not anyone thinks this is within his right to do, I find it refreshing to see him doing something about what he thinks needs to be done as opposed to just whining about it on the forums.
Mistymay on mala meridian

Sheerlar holds up a sign "will nav for boobs"

[Jan 18, 2012 3:37:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

After four hours, the population has hit 173. We are now 77 pirates from our goal.
Emmett
[Jan 18, 2012 5:17:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

Ladies and gentlemen, it is my pleasure to announce that the island of Acanthaster Spits now spawns greenies!

Thank you to all that contributed alts to the cause, it is quite lovely to see that the spirit of community and support for large projects to the benefit of us all are still able to be done.

Huzzah!
Emmett
[Jan 20, 2012 8:37:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Uqie

Ladies and gentlemen, it is my pleasure to announce that the island of Acanthaster Spits now spawns greenies!

Thank you to all that contributed alts to the cause, it is quite lovely to see that the spirit of community and support for large projects to the benefit of us all are still able to be done.

Huzzah!

Thank you :D
[Jan 21, 2012 7:02:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mamabuns2

Thanks bunches for your help.
Mamabuns on all Oceans ~ Mala is where my <3 is!!!

Queen of Sick Man's Dream
[Jan 22, 2012 1:34:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Silent_Fable

Huzzah!

lololol I know where about 80 of them came from
Fable
"if you wait until you can do everything for everybody, instead of something for somebody, you'll end up doing nothing for nobody"

[Jan 26, 2012 12:32:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Doulber

Huzzah!

lololol I know where about 80 of them came from

The Pickle jar?

Edit: Spelling
Official spokesman of Ade446.
Barnabas the Pale tells ye, "You made me literally laugh out loud."

-The D: Retired.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Doulber at Jan 26, 2012 6:26:30 PM]
[Jan 26, 2012 6:25:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

The Pickle jar?

This pickle was involved.

Also, we need to embargo the import of wigs on the Malachite side so as to prevent a take over by Anchovia's wigged hoard.
Emmett
[Edit 1 times, last edit by monstersoda at Jan 26, 2012 7:01:07 PM]
[Jan 26, 2012 6:56:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
riku743

The Pickle jar?

This pickle was involved.

I have one of those. And one of these. Archie McPhee is by far my favorite store. Ever.
Nil used to play Mala.
Lurking on the forums.
[Jan 26, 2012 7:41:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

Also, we need to embargo the import of wigs on the Malachite side so as to prevent a take over by Anchovia's wigged hoard.
I have lots of wigs and lots of alts. They shall unite and take over Malachite.

If not, Meridian gets broken. Again.
Anchovia
[Jan 27, 2012 6:43:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates