• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 44
Posts: 44   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 11124 times and has 43 replies Next Thread
Eketek

Councilor Eketek's Guide to Interpersonal Relationships, Part 14C: How to Properly Trash a Friendship

If someone you know well attempts to hurt you, do not let it work. If malice creeps into your relationship, you gotta return the favor. This is the time to fight back!

Step 1: Remove Yourself from the Situation
This is perhaps the hardest part of the plan. At this point, your "friend" revealed her malice and attempted to hurt you. This is the point where you simply pick up your toys and walk away. She might try to woo you back with an apology. Do not not fall for it! She has a parting insult ready to fire at you!

Step 2: Befriend Your Ex-friend's Enemies
Upon completion of step one, you have actually done your "friend" a good favor by removing someone she hates from her life. This is the time to make things interesting. The more hated the enemy, the better you will do in this step. It might be necessary to participate in an event blockade and to have nice statistics to show. It is not completely necessary, but it is highly advisable that you ally with some of her more respectable enemies.

Step 3: Undoing the Damage
If you had a reasonably cordial relationship with your "friend" that had lasted a long time, chances are you aided her considerably. At this point, you need to start un-aiding her as best you can. War and blockades are very useful for this purpose. They work even better if you actually win.

Step 4: Rubbing it In
You may be tempted to truly alienate your "friend's" friends. This is a bad idea. You only need to do that for people who turn against you and take her side once it seems safe to do so. Instead, you should remain courteous with them, and very casually talk about the situation. Once word reaches her majesty, no matter what you are saying, it will probably be misinterpreted, then exaggerated, then represented as somehow breaking "the rules." If she waited until this point to actually de-hearty you, take some time to laugh hysterically and spread the news; that means you did a good job.

At all times, remember that you are the one with the head, so you should be the one having the fun. A little forum trolling, such as is this guide, can also work wonders, but only if you know-how to spel and grammar good.
----------------------------------------
Grandmaster Eketek's solution to everything:

Those who can pick up a pickup truck do not need to pick up pickup lines.
[Jan 18, 2012 8:11:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dwizzles

Re: Councilor Eketek's Guide to Interpersonal Relationships, Part 14C: How to Properly Trash a Friendship

Hey man, that was really cool. We should do this again sometime.
-Dwizzles
Captain of Skeletons
King of Illuminatti
[Jan 18, 2012 9:43:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
killinfisher

Re: Councilor Eketek's Guide to Interpersonal Relationships, Part 14C: How to Properly Trash a Friendship

I'm almost certain this is directed in a precise direction, but I'm not sure where yet...
Former Good Grief, Outcast member.

Gypsyjayne tells you,"Parley is actually latin for "Mock Verlool here."

IGN: Derpweasel
[Jan 18, 2012 10:22:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    nevertall [Link]  Go to top 
Hurtboss4

I only see my e-girlfriend dumped me written all over it.
And, scene.
*lights out*
[Jan 18, 2012 10:41:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

oh cmon its not that hard. sounds like a classic case of mondrawal
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Jan 18, 2012 10:45:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
killinfisher

shits rough bro

[Jan 18, 2012 11:50:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    nevertall [Link]  Go to top 
Eketek

shits rough bro

This is only partially true; I tend to think it's the other way around. As is stated near the end of part 5B of my guide, "if your E-GF wants you to not be a man, then she isn't your E-GF - vendetta must follow."

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Eketek at Jan 18, 2012 12:03:59 PM]
[Jan 18, 2012 12:03:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
killinfisher

shits rough bro

This is only partially true; I tend to think it's the other way around. As is stated near the end of part 5B of my guide, "if your E-GF wants you to not be a man, then she isn't your E-GF - vendetta must follow."

I like this guy

[Jan 18, 2012 12:15:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    nevertall [Link]  Go to top 
fifasmells

Hey eket you forgot the part on your guide , I believe is 16F

Part 16F of eketek Guide: Create a Guide full with Grudge towards a person go to the forums of The game and Bash her over. That way you will look super Cool and manly .

Then step 16F-B , Find an idiot on your flag that think he is awesome And make him throw an indirect signal with part of the name so everyone can notice who the guide is directed to and everyone else can have a Few LoOoLLlzzzzzz1112233 at her. That way you will feel like you have accomplished something in the game and sucefully stirring up shit on the forums that doesnt need to be bringed up.

Part 17A - Wait for a few other common readers of the forums to defend your beans when you get called out.
What A R.......R....Real bad joke. BTW Rose already paid her chocodebt

Now on Facebook!
[Jan 18, 2012 4:50:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Eketek

Unfortunately, I am beset by plagiarists and pilgrims. And even more unfortunately, they are also terrible at sensibility, the grammars, and trolling.

Part 16 of my guide is actually just about cake. You'd know that, if you actually read it. However, since I didn't bother publishing it, you didn't bother reading it either. Part 17 is at least related to beans...

[Jan 18, 2012 4:59:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fifasmells

Amazon link to it please?

And i've got the special edition one with the 16F part added to it. Not the plain 16 as your original release.

And i love cake.
What A R.......R....Real bad joke. BTW Rose already paid her chocodebt

Now on Facebook!
[Jan 18, 2012 5:05:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Eketek

Unfortunately, Eketek is paranoid and won't have anything to do with Amazon. The person who supplied you with the nasty "16F" section probably wants you to eat a brick., which might be hard.

Everybody loves cake.

[Jan 18, 2012 5:08:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Then step 16F-B , Find an idiot on your flag that think he is awesome And make him throw an indirect signal with part of the name so everyone can notice who the guide is directed to and everyone else can have a Few LoOoLLlzzzzzz1112233 at her.

Elaborate plox?
LoLune

[Jan 18, 2012 5:10:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
killinfisher

Unfortunately, Eketek is paranoid and won't have anything to do with Amazon. The person who supplied you with the nasty "16F" section probably wants you to eat a brick., which might be hard.

Everybody loves cake.

Lotsofgoats.

Is that you?

[Jan 18, 2012 5:31:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    nevertall [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Ooh, good call.
LoLune

[Jan 18, 2012 5:33:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Eketek

I am not lots of goats. I am not even a goat...

I don't even have a goatee...

[Jan 18, 2012 5:36:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

No goatee?
Then you cant be Satire
LoLune

[Jan 18, 2012 5:39:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
killinfisher

I am not lots of goats. I am not even a goat...

I don't even have a goatee...

It's goats guys. It's goats.

[Jan 18, 2012 6:10:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    nevertall [Link]  Go to top 
Eketek

It's goats guys. It's goats.

EEK! I am not a goat, either plural or singular, and I won't let you have my milk!

If the real Lotsofgoats is around, please help me out here! I am getting trolled, and I can win it, but I'd rather talk about something more interesting!

[Jan 18, 2012 6:17:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hazarath

Morbuzaan! Yay!

Morbuzaan's guide to responding to questionably interesting forum threads:

1. Ask yourself, "What would Whitefire do?"

2. Disregard what Whitefire would do.

3. Post accordingly.
Morbuzaan

I support PvP in sinking environments.

Cremate wrote: 
Cremate tells ye, "Anyway I have hockey to watch"

[Jan 18, 2012 7:51:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Eketek

Re: Morbuzaan! Yay!

Morbuzaan's guide to responding to questionably interesting forum threads:

1. Ask yourself, "What would Whitefire do?"

2. Disregard what Whitefire would do.

3. Post accordingly.

I hereby award you the Eketekian Seal of Approval!

[Jan 18, 2012 8:00:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hazarath

Thank you, my good man.
Morbuzaan

I support PvP in sinking environments.

Cremate wrote: 
Cremate tells ye, "Anyway I have hockey to watch"

[Jan 19, 2012 1:15:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fresnokush

This is way too much work. I usually just roll ten 10-sided dice and let that dictate who gets the brunt end of my wrath. This was pretty much the premise of my entire YPP career.

10-35 = Luck is lacking. Troll a longtime friend and see if he is still there when the dust settles.
36-65 = Result is predictable. Find somebody you've always hated and exploit, exploit, exploit.
66-85 = Getting spicy. Find that one girl who will sleep with anybody and reel her in. See how many people get pissed off when she's off the market.
86-95 = Going above expectations. Pretend to do something "for the good of the ocean" and pocket the profits. Don't forget to brag about it on your wiki page.
96-99 = I'm superhuman. Make a flag that implies you are God.
and 100 = Did I just divide by zero? Guess I better blockade myself.
Twiggy is dead.
He flies spaceships now.
Blame Three Rings.

"Among creatures born into chaos, a majority will imagine an order,
a minority will question the order, and the rest will be pronounced insane."

[Jan 19, 2012 6:52:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Subpose

I believe the odds are significantly higher for the 65-85 category than for any of the others, so you may think you are being random, but you aren't.
Life isn't fair, why should PP be any different?
[Jan 19, 2012 7:45:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
killinfisher

I believe the odds are significantly higher for the 65-85 category than for any of the others, so you may think you are being random, but you aren't.

wat

[Jan 19, 2012 3:15:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    nevertall [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

wat

Since he said that he's sum up 10 dice, rather than rolling 2 and letting for example a 7 and a 3 mean 73, some results are more staistically probably than the others.

I guess most of us are more faliriar with 6 side dice, so ponder this: You roll two 6 side dice. You can get the following results:

1+1=2
1+2=3
1+3=4
1+4=5
1+5=6
1+6=7

2+1=3
2+2=4
2+3=5
2+4=6
2+5=7
2+6=8

3+1=4
3+2=5
3+3=6
3+4=7
3+5=8
3+6=9

And so on.

All in all, there are 36 possibilities. Out of these, we have:

1 that gives the sum 2
2 that give the sum 3
3 that give the sum 4
4 that give the sum 5
5 that give the sum 6
6 that give the sum 7
5 that give the sum 8
4 that give the sum 9
3 that give the sum 10
2 that give the sum 11
1 that give the sum 12

In other words, the probablity for 2 is 1/36, whereas the probability for 7 is 6/36, or 1/6.

In the same way, if you roll ten 10 side dice, sums that are closer to the middle are, statistically, more likely.

I hope that was clear enough, I'm half asleep... Why do I write things like this when I have lecture tomorrow morning? ><

EDIT: Subby is wrong, though. 55 should be the most probable result, unless I'm overly confused, and it was also included in the largest category, so.. Just scratch my reply if that was what the alt reacted to.
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Ezder at Jan 19, 2012 3:34:18 PM]
[Jan 19, 2012 3:31:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sverdrup

Play the game, Avienda, less words, more fun, faster learning

http://www.stat.sc.edu/%7Ewest/javahtml/CLT.html

or

http://www.math.csusb.edu/faculty/stanton/probstat/clt.html

It is called the Central Limit Theorem.

Sverdrup, CPTN of Schroedinger's Cat, Heisenberg's Uncertainty, Meridian
[Jan 19, 2012 5:08:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
killinfisher

Thank you Avienda. You threw maths at me.

[Jan 19, 2012 5:12:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    nevertall [Link]  Go to top 
Fresnokush

EDIT: Subby is wrong, though. 55 should be the most probable result

Pretty much. Most rolls end up in the 40 to 60 range, which explains why I never managed to blockade myself.
Twiggy is dead.
He flies spaceships now.
Blame Three Rings.

"Among creatures born into chaos, a majority will imagine an order,
a minority will question the order, and the rest will be pronounced insane."

[Jan 19, 2012 7:39:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Eketek

Thus far, I haven't done a good enough job blasting apart what was left of my "reputation." If any of you out there are trolls, please make this thread more fun!

[Jan 20, 2012 4:07:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 44   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates