• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 55
Posts: 55   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 14514 times and has 54 replies Next Thread
Pauling

Emerald Ocean: Intent for Blackthorpe

The Emerald Ocean is open for testing, and it's time to test a few more mechanics. Like what happens when a crazy person gets made governor of an island.

Therefore, so long as Emerald is still open this weekend, I hereby announce my Intent For Blackthorpe Island. I don't actually have control of a flag capable of blockading... or royal powers... or two jobbers. And if the jobbers are smart, they'll avoid anything that might be mistaken for a show of support- regardless of how impermanent the testing ocean may be.

But those details are minor. Because this Saturday, after six long years of waiting: it's on. Pauling v Blackthorpe, coming to a testing ocean near you.

Missnoodle, the first person to offer a poem, wrote: 
Roses are red, Emerald is green,
We are blockading your hiney [Satur]day!

----------------------------------------
Pauling of the Lost Lot, Sagemerald
Officer emeritus and occasional cabin person
Puppetar (and drawing of secret Blackthorpe plans) by the talented Tilinka
[Jan 17, 2012 6:49:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

Re: Emerald Ocean: Intent for Blackthorpe

You could always just ask the flag that owns it to make you governor.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Jan 17, 2012 7:26:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Missnoodle

I thought it was a joke... but ok looool.
Angela
Missnoodle & RAGINGNOODLE on Emerald Ocean. jokes im banne
[Jan 17, 2012 7:59:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kyubi74

No Apologies will be unable to defend as we have kades on sage.
Kyubi
- Captain Of Ninety-Nine Problems -
- King Of No Apologies -
-Emerald-

Ky
=Captain Of Glad You Came=
=Member Of Knockout=
=Meridian=

Kyubi you have earned some massive respect from me - Yaruto
[Jan 17, 2012 8:11:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pauling

You could always just ask the flag that owns it to make you governor.

Oh, absolutely, and my intent for this island is in no way a slight to the current Sage owners.

But Blackthorpe and I... well, we share a special bond, going back to the very early days of Sage. So as long as I have the chance to blockade it in a non-binding fashion, how could I resist?
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Pauling at Jan 17, 2012 9:24:53 PM]
[Jan 17, 2012 8:19:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Laslo2

you will get thirdparty paywared.
Laslo

Revealing personal information about another player is against the forum rules, including revealing ban evasion.
Ban evasion should be reported to the OMs using /complain.
[Jan 18, 2012 3:20:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
karloskar2

why should anyone job for a kade like that? it will be the same as a event kade without pay..
Blacksmokej on the Emerald Ocean
[Jan 18, 2012 2:38:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
helppr

why should anyone job for a kade like that? it will be the same as a event kade without pay..

Fun. It's a game, and afterall...games are supposed to be fun. If you personally don't want to job, don't, but I'm sure there will be a few people interested in doing so. Keep your negativity out of this intent.
Captainben wrote: 
Sorry I haven't been involved in this forum debate, but after reading it I really wonder what has happened to this world's literacy. Governments spend billions on education and this is what it produces.

[Jan 18, 2012 2:42:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pauling

you will get thirdparty paywared.

I guarantee that the pay I'm planning to offer will shatter all your conceptions about what blockade pay can be. (Unless your name is blacksmokej, in which case your expectations are right on the mark)

And so, to answer his question: You should absolutely not job for me. First, Sage will apparently have some fun blockades going on this weekend, and second, I should never be entrusted with an island. Here are just a few of the things that I plan to do if in charge of Blackthorpe:

Pauling's evil plans wrote: 

1. I have hired Tilinka to paint the Blackthorpe palace. She has been given "artistic freedom", and told that her ship the Wrath of Cod is "too easy on the eyes".

2. I'm tired of seeing props dusted in bazaars and palaces. Therefore, I am soliciting furniture layout suggestions. Blackthorpe has a distillery and IM bazaar, which means that two lucky interior designers will get their bazaar layout implemented, PLUS any portrait of their choice placed in either the bazaar or the palace, PLUS a personal news item (3 lines max). Power to the proletariat!

3. Anyone who applies for Blackthorpe citizenship will be required to first answer the riddle of the sphinx (or other riddle of similar difficulty)

4. I will never be placing any shops, period. If you want to own a business so badly, open a stall like everyone else.

5. Existing stall owners aren't keeping their shops well stocked. Taxes will be raised as punishment, and I will use the proceeds to stock the fort with paint- there is currently none. I vow to put shack owners ahead of small business!

6. Tuesdays are discount night at the palace. Half price rum, and the entire fort's supply of one commodity will be seized from the previous owners and sold for 1 PoE.

7. I believe in transparency, which most flags seem to avoid. I will do everything in my power to make Blackthorpe's financial records as public as possible.

With luck, there is something in the above plans to outrage everyone equally. However, I am willing to listen to reason, and will make my office open to petitioners: I vow to offer a serious and thoughtful response to anyone who submits their concerns in written form, so long as those concerns are in American Sign Language and adhere to Iambic pentameter.

That said, I've loaded plenty of ships and supplies for the island, so any jobbers who want to revolt will be able to do so. The only possible snafus are:
1. Sage flags on Emerald have no fame, which is going to make dropping the war chest and voting myself in as governor very hard.

2. I will be using a number of historical ships that aren't battle ready, and whose owners are not reachable. These include some of the first player owned sloops and war frigs on Sage. But to do this, the blockade needs to remain non-sinking.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Pauling at Jan 18, 2012 8:41:28 PM]
[Jan 18, 2012 8:40:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

But to do this, the blockade needs to remain non-sinking.

Aww. Sinky, pretty please?
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~

BUYING EGGS
[Jan 19, 2012 1:58:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Laslo2

whoever has it, please scuttle sheild it.
Laslo

Revealing personal information about another player is against the forum rules, including revealing ban evasion.
[Jan 19, 2012 2:01:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kyubi74

whoever has it, please scuttle sheild it.

Lol its me
Kyubi
- Captain Of Ninety-Nine Problems -
- King Of No Apologies -
-Emerald-

Ky
=Captain Of Glad You Came=
=Member Of Knockout=
=Meridian=

Kyubi you have earned some massive respect from me - Yaruto
[Jan 19, 2012 4:33:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Laslo2

If you scuttle it, I will give you the Parrot that Rampage gave me after getting it from someone else on Emerald!

(maybe even give your own deed back to your shop)
Laslo

[Jan 19, 2012 4:49:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pauling

Ah... But if you DON'T scuttle it, I'll throw in a bandana!! Plus, you'll get to see what a bazaar looks like with furniture.

And it's not that I object to sinking blockades- it's just that I think the board would look cooler if it contained vessels like the Acoustic Bass, Inigo Montoya, Licensed Killifish, etc. If the blockade is made sinking, you'll just have to deal with my other ~120 battle ready ships in the area, but those are much less fun to laze on. (they're not decorated, lack game tables, etc)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Pauling at Jan 19, 2012 7:52:29 AM]
[Jan 19, 2012 6:27:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lulunz

Pauling! You darling! I will of course be there with bells and whistles, and triangles and timpani. So long as I can fit it into my busy weekend schedule, which I suspect is going to have to include sewing a rock?n?roll dance outfit for an 11-year old.

Of course, you will not need to pay me. Seeing Tilinka let loose with a paintbrush on the Palace will be payment enough.

Almost.

While I applaud Cocktail Party?'s novel naming theme for Blackthorpe, I would consider appropriate payment a full vanity rename of every building, following a Health-related naming scheme, as follows:

Bank: Coin Lesions
Commodities market: Preferred Providers
Distillery bazaar: Medicinal Liquor
Distillery: Swabbing Alcohol
Estate agent: Home Remedies
House: Bed Rest
Inn: Inn Situ
Iron monger bazaar: Iron Lung
Iron monger: Heat Stroke
Palace: The Lancet
Tailor: Men-in-gaiters

Alas, there?s no Apothecary, so you can?t use ?A Cute Dyer ?Ere? or ?Dyer Betty?s?

Alternatively, or if I don?t make it, you may like to entertain yourself following your own vanity scheme, with a Chemistry theme (in which case I advocate placing a furnisher just so you can call it ?The Periodic Table?). I'd suggest other Chemistry names, but I've got to go hunt out some black and red polkadot cotton.
Sante of Sagemerald
Senior Officer and Poet of the Lost Lot
Not bitter, just Twisted
[Edit 1 times, last edit by lulunz at Jan 19, 2012 10:51:15 AM]
[Jan 19, 2012 7:00:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tilinka

For the record, I was let loose with a paint brush in the Spaniel Palace once. It was fun! ;)

We didn't have magenta back then, though. Or mint. Mmmm...
Tilinka, Emerald
Perilous Puppet
Artsy Stuff
[Jan 19, 2012 10:37:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.perilouspuppets.com    Tilinka    3569427 [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

For the record, I was let loose with a paint brush in the Spaniel Palace once. It was fun! ;)

Mmmm? Like Magenta-Mint-Maroon-Madness?
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~

BUYING EGGS
[Jan 19, 2012 11:54:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pauling

I've purchased every unit of interesting paint that Greenwich and Lincoln islands can make, including a decent supply of magenta and many other eye-searing colors. However, these islands don't have many stalls, so my supply of mint and maroon is limited to maybe a hundred units total. I'll see what I can do.... It all depends on how much time I have left after dealing with the fame issue tonight.
[Jan 19, 2012 2:43:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

I've purchased every unit of interesting paint that Greenwich and Lincoln islands can make, including a decent supply of magenta and many other eye-searing colors. However, these islands don't have many stalls, so my supply of mint and maroon is limited to maybe a hundred units total. I'll see what I can do.... It all depends on how much time I have left after dealing with the fame issue tonight.

You could always go with DeLLLLightfuLLLL PLLLLan. I promise to pay 69 poe to the first person who gets that. Yes, on Emerald.
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~

BUYING EGGS
[Jan 19, 2012 3:11:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
melmelmel202

That poem was mine! THEIF THEIF!!
I deleted my pirate because I got a slightly less depressing real life.
(But I made a mistreated and under used new one)
[Jan 19, 2012 3:32:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Missnoodle

Was gonna comment on it... didn't want to make it awkward
Angela
Missnoodle & RAGINGNOODLE on Emerald Ocean. jokes im banne
[Jan 19, 2012 3:38:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pauling

Ack! I'm very sorry- I'm not used to ocean-wide chat, and names get muddled when two people comment back-to-back. Pleae accept my apologies.

If you'd like to shoot at me during the blockade, I'll be glad to lend you a ship.

And... oh dear. The ocean was just reverted. Time to float ships and gather poe again.
[Jan 19, 2012 5:37:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
melmelmel202

I'm not really mad. (was only trolling) You got the miss part right xD

Also i had a LE wb you are welcome to
I deleted my pirate because I got a slightly less depressing real life.
(But I made a mistreated and under used new one)
[Jan 20, 2012 1:07:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BullseyeBud

Also i had a LE wb you are welcome to

Smiles.

The best way to make war is with a Love Brig fleet.

It has been a very long time sense I've last posted in Sage Parley.
I thougth I'd better do so before the Herb turns to Stone ...

Bullseye Bud
[Jan 20, 2012 4:37:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pauling

A brief update for those who've asked. Basically, circumstances have gone from crazy to ridiculous today. Following yesterday's mass reset, we moved supplies there to a state of full preparedness. But...

- IE on emerald lost most of their fame overnight (celebrated ---> obscure), which would make it hard to drop a chest. However, Exposed did drop, which sets the blockade time to be somewhere between 12-3pm pirate time (vaguely- see below).

- Sadly, IE wardec'd them over arakoua, so we can't ally with Exposed to score blockade points that way. Due to a weird bug with a captain promotion not going through even as the crew politics successfully got set to autocratic (and won't revert), our SOs are having trouble voting through any flag change that would enable us to use another flag's fame.

- Hopefully the above issues have been fixed during this long reboot, but at the moment Emerald won't allow me to log on, and I'm having difficulty reaching support staff about the above petitioned issues. Reports of being able to log on exist, but are scattered and inconsistent.

So: I will do my best to log on and find a way to blockade. In the absence of fame, we'll still do our best to maintain some form of a presence on the board (even if just via alliance with a flag willing to lower its standards)... keep an eye out!

I remain firmly committed to my pledge to be the craziest governor Blackthorpe has ever seen, and will continue to explore all avenues towards this goal.
[Jan 20, 2012 8:48:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pauling

Good news, everyone!

(A phrase that has never, ever gone awry)

We've managed to form an alliance with a flag of appropriate fame, and therefore we will be going in under the banner of the dread Sewing Circle. The blockade is at ~2pm ringer time, and I look forward to seeing both of my jobbers there!!

Also: if you'd like to join the blockade to come shoot at us, I have purchased all the alcohol and cannonballs at the island, and I would be glad to let you use a stocked ship for some blockadey fun.

Lastly, I have decided to find out if there's a limit on how many pets can be crammed into one room of the palace. (and whether that limit is species-specific) After the blockade, watch this space for more information about "operation sheepfest"!
[Jan 21, 2012 11:22:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pauling

There are many things I'd love to say, and people I'd like to thank. Those will come in a post tomorrow. For now, a brief alert:

We've decided** to place an Explorer's hall on the emerald version of blackthorpe, and a spot in a field on the left side of the island has been picked out. Before I place the building, however, I need some help on a name that fits in with the new "medical" scheme proposed by Sante. Any suggestions? The palace has already been renamed, and we're a mere 54 rogue marks away from renaming the other government buildings on emerald to match.

A thank you list is being worked on, as is a detailed financial accounting of palace records. For now, why not stop by our newly renamed palace and see Tilinka's amazing interior decorating at work? If you'd like to help decorate the IM and distillery bazaars in similarly exciting fashion, let me know- artists are welcome, and we do have a generous furniture and paint budget.

On an ocean dominated mostly by a single flag (exposed), I vow to make Blackthorpe island a beacon of freedom, run by the most open and transparently corrupt administration on any ocean. As they say in Rome: "lasciate ogni speranza voi ch'intrate!".

**When I say that we've decided, I mean that I have cheerfully ignored all practical concerns in my desire to build the only attraction building in the entire arch.
[Jan 21, 2012 9:58:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bunnylaroo

Is "Exploratory Surgery" too obvious?
Bunnylaroo of Sage Emerald

[Jan 21, 2012 10:27:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

Excellent work, Pauling and Tilinka and Zava and others!
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7
[Jan 21, 2012 11:08:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
tilinka

Thanks!

It was epically fun, and many thanks to Pauling for making it so. Also, I have decorated 90% of the Bizarro-Blackthorpe palace and painted, erm, everything I could land a brush on. Including several sheep.
Tilinka, Emerald
Perilous Puppet
Artsy Stuff
[Jan 21, 2012 11:24:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.perilouspuppets.com    Tilinka    3569427 [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 55   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates