• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 56
Posts: 56   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 27066 times and has 55 replies Next Thread
LunEnvoy

Re: Brisky Brisky... Who the scup is Brisky?

Lune wrote: 

I gave up trying to understand the thread once Brisky posted. Everyones IQ drops at that point, remember?

Feesh wrote: 
Every time Lune posts pretending he's more intelligent than everyone else, VP's collective IQ drops. And that's quite hard to do.

Man, and I thought the joke was old when I used it >.<
----------------------------------------
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Jan 14, 2012 10:32:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chiptharip

At which point did Viridian politics make the transition from a population of some of the game's most skilled and innovated players to a population of unskilled, self-aggrandizing wannabes? The only good thing to come out of this "Legacy vs Brisky" thread is that it managed to concentrate all of the ocean's suck into one place and one conflict.
[Jan 14, 2012 10:32:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Glad to see the gangs all here. Have a seat Chip.
LoLune

[Jan 14, 2012 10:34:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Narcissag

disneymama wrote: 
Cant figure out why the high heel is there. Im sure its something obvious..

Did you see "the cinderella"?, is one of the more clasical fairy tales, the hill is in there as a "we need the other hill", and the other hill will be kirin, but the song said is a dream...Fairy tale context.

^_^

<3
Narci

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
[Jan 14, 2012 11:19:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

Good game Brisky!

And thanks you all puzzlers, both in the heavily contested R1 and in the following flagsit, and as usual, our amazing staff! (Even though you're making me sing! *mutters*)
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Jan 14, 2012 2:20:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Captanharris

Qvintus vs Brisky, so sad I missed the blockade. Two of the most intelligent dictators this game has to offer.
[Jan 14, 2012 3:38:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Disgraced

Qvintus vs Brisky, so sad I missed the blockade. Two of the most intelligent dictators this game has to offer.

Bunnyspawn, prince of Coherent Insanity on Meridian.

Jdilla's wench on Emerald.
[Jan 16, 2012 1:21:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jongy5

diebriskydiebriskydie

Actually, I think correct grammar would be "der Brisky", correct me if I'm wrong.

I think that's correct, now could you please go tell the people who think "Die Aria" in Opera scores are not related to death (in most cases)?
Musicologist : Self-proclaimed Master Minstrel mostly of Meridian

Message from Team Evil: Fine, we'll pass the petition along to Hera for you even though you're pro-Team Purple, but we refuse to be happy about it! #TeamEvilisAWESOME
[Jan 16, 2012 5:23:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sverdrup

diebriskydiebriskydie

Actually, I think correct grammar would be "der Brisky", correct me if I'm wrong.

I think that's correct, now could you please go tell the people who think "Die Aria" in Opera scores are not related to death (in most cases)?

If you use the German "die" for an aria in an Opera, then the correct spelling is "Die Arie."

As to the poster wanting to be corrected on "die Brisky" versus "der Brisky," the former is correct if Brisky is female, while the latter is correct of Brisky is male.

I understand that the gender of a pirate is not always uniquely determined.
Sverdrup, CPTN of Schroedinger's Cat, Heisenberg's Uncertainty, Meridian
[Jan 16, 2012 9:26:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chiptharip

A pirat is male by default, though.
[Jan 16, 2012 10:03:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
the_rock99

Bloody pirat's!
Greatness.
Better than you.
[Jan 16, 2012 10:08:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sverdrup

Chitharip wrote: 

Nope, "der Pirat" is a male pirate while "die Piratin" is a female pirate. Most pirates were male, so there may be your default, but I think the puzzling kind are mostly female, but since we do not have noses, how can we ever know for sure?

The soul of a pirate, however, is always female, e.g., "die Seele eines Piraten."
[Jan 16, 2012 10:39:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kamuflaro

Following that logic all plurals would be female resulting in a sex-change to female whenever one of the same kind is added.
Forum mute - your shot at the waves of spam (also works on threads)
[Jan 16, 2012 10:43:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

Following that logic all plurals would be female resulting in a sex-change to female whenever one of the same kind is added.

Meaning that if you just bring a friend, walking into the girls' change room is quite ok?
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Jan 16, 2012 10:46:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chiptharip

The plural is "die" and female singular is "die", but I don't think its a feminizing thing. That said, as Sver's post indicates, my German is super rusty and he's really the authority on the subject, heh.
[Jan 16, 2012 10:59:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sverdrup

Avienda wrote: 
Kamuflaro wrote: 

Meaning that if you just bring a friend, walking into the girls' change room is quite ok?

If you follow Kamu's logic, Avienda, then yes, two male pirates ("die Piraten") entering a female's private room would be ok.

Following logic in matters of language, however, I advise against. This may be asking for trouble, especially if the female pirate ("die Piratin") is armed and dangerous ;-)
[Jan 16, 2012 1:08:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hazarath

Depends on the friend.
Morbuzaan

I support PvP in sinking environments.

Cremate wrote: 
Cremate tells ye, "Anyway I have hockey to watch"

[Jan 16, 2012 9:32:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kamuflaro

I don't have the urge to piss against a wall. Bring those unisex restrooms!
Forum mute - your shot at the waves of spam (also works on threads)
[Jan 17, 2012 3:33:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Subpose

If you want to get technical Bob, and Greatness too, then fine, we shall.

I would like to start off by saying I am an original member of the make Brisky squirm club. Ive been trolling the idiot since before most of you ever knew he liked to sink his own ships in SMHs. Theres an oddly satisfying pleasure in bashing egotistical morons.

And Bob- I trolled brisky. Brisky spewed random nonsense, Q trolled brisky more. Its trolling. Who the hell cares that Q scuttle-shielded before.
Omg not me, it was him, neinerneinerneiner YOUR BREATHING MY AIR.
Noobs.

You seem to be a member of many online forum clubs (I'm not saying you have no life at all...), maybe one day you'll be famous enough that random morons try to troll you [yeah I see the irony], make numerous posts about your actions in an online PIRATE game... ( I mean seriously.. take a look in the mirror - imagine saying that in real life) and genuinely manage to make said actions have deeper and more theological meaning than the Bible, the Art of War and Romeo and Juliet all rolled into one.

At first when I found this amazing link I didn't really think much of it - I classed it in the same category as some nutcases "what to do when aliens land" webpage but I guess it has some truth.

Ahhhh there I feel better now, I just felt like an off-topic random rant about someone I know nothing about on a topic I'm really not an expert on, and you know I'm liking this, maybe I'll try more of it later. Peace out
Life isn't fair, why should PP be any different?
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Subpose at Jan 17, 2012 3:43:08 PM]
[Jan 17, 2012 3:42:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Disgraced

Depends on the friend.

Let's do it.
Bunnyspawn, prince of Coherent Insanity on Meridian.

Jdilla's wench on Emerald.
[Jan 17, 2012 3:51:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

I would like to start off by saying I am an original member of the make Brisky squirm club. Ive been trolling the idiot since before most of you ever knew he liked to sink his own ships in SMHs. Theres an oddly satisfying pleasure in bashing egotistical morons.

And Bob- I trolled brisky. Brisky spewed random nonsense, Q trolled brisky more. Its trolling. Who the hell cares that Q scuttle-shielded before.
Noobs.

You seem to be a member of many online forum clubs (I'm not saying you have no life at all...), maybe one day you'll be famous enough that random morons try to troll you [yeah I see the irony], make numerous posts about your actions in an online PIRATE game... ( I mean seriously.. take a look in the mirror - imagine saying that in real life) and genuinely manage to make said actions have deeper and more theological meaning than the Bible, the Art of War and Romeo and Juliet all rolled into one.

At first when I found this amazing link I didn't really think much of it - I classed it in the same category as some nutcases "what to do when aliens land" webpage but I guess it has some truth.

Ahhhh there I feel better now, I just felt like an off-topic random rant about someone I know nothing about on a topic I'm really not an expert on, and you know
I'm liking this, maybe I'll try more of it later. Peace out

Well, youre obviously trying to troll me, so random morons already do try : /
I would advise you however, to not troll my ig actions, youd be more productive as a dockhumper. (read as: you bleepin idiot, everyone knows ive never accomplished anything ig and when I do by chance log on, I sit on lima peepin at underage girls with kitty ears.)
Someone birthed you a little prematurely im thinking.

P.S I refrained from reading the link, as I thought it would be unfair if I read it and gained the advantage of knowing everything you aspire to do. Especially after a flop like that
LoLune

[Jan 18, 2012 11:15:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Subpose

Noobs.

Ahhhh there I feel better now, I just felt like an off-topic random rant about someone I know nothing about on a topic I'm really not an expert on, and you know
I'm liking this, maybe I'll try more of it later. Peace out

Well, youre obviously trying to troll me, so random morons already do try : /
I would advise you however, to not troll my ig actions, youd be more productive as a dockhumper. (read as: you bleepin idiot, everyone knows ive never accomplished anything ig and when I do by chance log on, I sit on lima peepin at underage girls with kitty ears.)
Someone birthed you a little prematurely im thinking.

P.S I refrained from reading the link, as I thought it would be unfair if I read it and gained the advantage of knowing everything you aspire to do. Especially after a flop like that

Greatness flag officer chats, "He tried"
Life isn't fair, why should PP be any different?
[Jan 18, 2012 11:57:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

At which point did Viridian politics make the transition from a population of some of the game's most skilled and innovated players to a population of unskilled, self-aggrandizing wannabes? The only good thing to come out of this "Legacy vs Brisky" thread is that it managed to concentrate all of the ocean's suck into one place and one conflict.

Antix
Captain of Inglorious Basterds
King of Guerrilla Warfare
[Jan 18, 2012 12:05:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Someones givin me too much credit I see.
G unit, the love never fails
LoLune

[Jan 18, 2012 12:06:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fifasmells

G unit

Did someone say G-unit?! Im feeling gangsta already, Nephew'

Yeah...yeah...Ooh Right.
What A R.......R....Real bad joke. BTW Rose already paid her chocodebt

Now on Facebook!
[Jan 18, 2012 4:56:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

There is now a link to *shivers* my song in the OP (and in Legacy's karaoke thread). Sensitive and/or musically gifted ears, be warned.
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

[Jan 20, 2012 12:56:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 56   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates