• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 14
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8861 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
reesyann

Common acronyms

One of the most commonly used acronyms in this game is "LPR". I was wondering if any of you really old timers out there had any idea how this originated. I started playing more than 6 years ago and it was already in common usage then, so this has to be a really old timers question.
----------------------------------------
Reddythered tells you "you idiot"

Thank you! I love it.
[Jan 11, 2012 10:40:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

Re: Common acronyms

For what it's worth, there is a list of abbreviations on the YPPedia, so if your research turns up any evidence of how "LPR" came about - or any other abbreviation, for that matter - it might be worthwhile adding a note to the article.
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7
[Jan 11, 2012 10:48:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
Dylan

You are putting the cart before the horse. It means 'Long Pillage Route' and advises people to go to the restroom now. I first heard it from Faile in the Academy.
[Jan 11, 2012 10:53:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Talisker

Close, PPA, Faile and Lilyara in particular, were early adopters, but it was Penn that started it.
Leif
The Forums
Gunnermooch wrote: 
I can't respond because I do not understand what the hell you are talking about. Sorry.

Av by Ecastasy
[Jan 11, 2012 11:17:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kinocha

I always heard it as "Little Pirates Room". A way for people to say they are going to the restroom, but don't want to be spesific.
Kinocha, Senior Officer of White Rose under the flag Blood and Roses on Midnight Ocean

Avatar by the amazing Koalarocker
[Jan 11, 2012 11:42:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
reesyann

So it could have started out as long pillage route then over the years morphed into little pirates room. I heard it first on a pillage with Limpalong a couple months after I started playing. By Penn do you mean Pennsuedo or is there a pirate named Penn I need to start hunting down?

Thank you! I love it.
[Jan 11, 2012 1:47:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jaymz

I always interpreted it as Little Pirates Room, and can't remember it being used for Long Pillage Route
[Jan 13, 2012 11:07:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Truvie

I always interpreted it as Little Pirates Room, and can't remember it being used for Long Pillage Route

That's how I've always heard it used as well
Truvie

Captain of Steel Magnolias
Queen of Liberty Hull
Cerulean

Holding a grudge is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die. It hurts you a lot more than it hurts them.
[Jan 13, 2012 2:56:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
skater9029

It does stand for Little Pirates Room, and I acquired use of it through my Cobalt crew (who Pennsuedo was in) in probably 2005.
Joncole
On all oceans.

Fixation officer chats, "I can ride the small ones, but the big ones scare the living crap out of me"
[Jan 13, 2012 5:03:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mrgaz1980

I prefer "Little Perverts Room", let the self abusing begin!
Devill, capt of Mutiny,
Former Bitch of DI.
[Jan 20, 2012 3:28:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dylan

That's how I've always heard it used as well

Social experiment there by Leif and me, and you guys won the social puzzle ;)

Long Pillage Route is a total invention.
[Jan 20, 2012 3:48:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Luther8

Changing the subject a tadge but one thing always made me chuckle. TITS (take it to shore). I'd love to know who came up with that one!
Luckylad of Midnight
[Jan 29, 2012 6:37:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
reesyann

But that isn't changing the subject, that's another one I have wondered about.

Thank you! I love it.
[Jan 29, 2012 10:32:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Truvie

And of course, there's the ever-popular DITW (dead in the water) that came into vogue shortly after blockading began.
Truvie

Captain of Steel Magnolias
Queen of Liberty Hull
Cerulean

Holding a grudge is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die. It hurts you a lot more than it hurts them.
[Jan 30, 2012 5:51:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates