• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 19
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 9797 times and has 18 replies Next Thread
thenatedogg

An apology from The Collective!

Unfortunatly tonight the Collectives base of operations was hit by unexpected circumstances during the Haunted Seas they were jobbing for! The internet went down for them and has yet to come back up! We aren't sure what the problem is since we have cable internet and an apple wifi broadcaster. We would like to again apologize and hope that you would join us in the future under better circumstances!
----------------------------------------
Mattatron on Obsidian
[Jan 8, 2012 11:45:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NickScorpio

Re: An apology from The Collective!

...an apple wifi broadcaster....

It's a feature. Apple doesn't have bugs. They have features. This one is teaching you to not use the internet. Aren't the folks at Apple great!
Hankscorpio
[Jan 9, 2012 2:53:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Strider399

It's a feature. Apple doesn't have bugs. They have features. This one is teaching you to not use the internet. Aren't the folks at Apple great!

I love you Hank.
Sid on Obsidian

Striderrs everywhere else
[Jan 9, 2012 4:37:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
skater9029

I love you Hank.

So....you're confirming what we've been saying in Skype for years?
Joncole
On all oceans.

Fixation officer chats, "I can ride the small ones, but the big ones scare the living crap out of me"
[Jan 10, 2012 3:54:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nvrsaynvr199

Explains why when i called asking them to fix my overheating problem on my macbook they wanted me to pay extra for lap-warming...

lol jk, i would never buy a macbook... or call tech support for that matter :D
Nvrsaynvr
SO in Spirit of the Caribbean
Prince of Epic Quest
All around crappy person
[Jan 11, 2012 1:02:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

Explains why when i called asking them to fix my overheating problem on my macbook they wanted me to pay extra for lap-warming...
lol jk, i would never buy a macbook... or call tech support for that matter :D

Call tech support? You crazy? Just pop into the local Apple Store, and tech support is free, barring needed repairs. (Well, better said, it's part of why you pay so much to begin with.) It's a wonderful change from Dell support hell.

My overheating macbook cost me $18 to get fixed. That included diagnostics and labor. I've had other situations where working with any other company would have cost me easily over $150 ($49 diagnostics fee, $100/hour), and it was fixed on site for free, despite taking over an hour of working on it.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Jan 11, 2012 4:53:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

My hard drive crashed after 3 years and they replaced it for free instead of charging me hundreds of dollars. I was impressed.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Jan 11, 2012 7:29:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

YEAH WELL

When the fan in my laptop broke, I called up Sony. They came to pick it up the next day, fixed the broken fan...and then everything else, and delivered it in 3 days. I could phone them whenever I wanted to see where my laptop was. srsly, I thought they gave me a new laptop because it looked all shiny.

I ALSO GOT A COMPLIMENTARY DUST CLOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anchovia
[Jan 11, 2012 9:26:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

That's a hint that you're a dirty, dirty person.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Jan 11, 2012 9:46:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
natethedawg

Supposedly the apple Airport Extreme is the best wifi adapter available, at least to the normal person
Natedawg
King of Primordial Raiders
Cabin Person of Sumiyoshi Sanjin Tsunami
Obsidian
My posts are a reflection of my flags thinking. Except when they're not.
------------------
Lord of Illusion
Captain of the High Seas Council
Emerald
[Jan 11, 2012 2:09:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nvrsaynvr199

Instead of buying a whole new 1300$ computer when a new one comes out a month later, i simply replace my parts with the newer ones, myself, for 50-200 bucks. if it breaks, i fix it. and my computer can outpreform any mac on the market :)

we are the champions... my friends... and weeeee kepp on fighting till the end...
Nvrsaynvr
SO in Spirit of the Caribbean
Prince of Epic Quest
All around crappy person
[Jan 11, 2012 10:57:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dasnoke

Instead of buying a whole new 1300$ computer when a new one comes out a month later, i simply replace my parts with the newer ones, myself, for 50-200 bucks. if it breaks, i fix it. and my computer can outpreform any mac on the market :)

we are the champions... my friends... and weeeee kepp on fighting till the end...

Must... Resist... Going... Grammarnazi...
Arno
[Jan 12, 2012 2:31:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
awright

Must... Resist... Going... Grammar nazi...

-barcium

Original Huntard
[Jan 12, 2012 3:19:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Randomite

Must... Resist... nazi...

Disengaged.

Dexade tells ye, "i m not talking to you and dont want your cookies!"
[Jan 12, 2012 7:58:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dasnoke

Must... Resist... Going... Grammar nazi...

You had to didn't you >.>
I honestly think grammarnazi is good to go here though :o
Arno
[Jan 12, 2012 8:43:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squishat

Hell, I'm even considering getting a Mac to double platform or a Desktop just because desktops out perform Laptops so consistently for less cost...

Then I can keep the one I have now if I need to bring it somewhere.

But then again I won't need to do that because I have an iPad? And should get another laptop instead?

Ahh decisions D;
Hellogoodbye says, "Squishat - Pro rock sinker."
on Emerald

===
[Jan 12, 2012 9:53:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

Depends on what you want to do with it, if you're going to keep your current laptop and take it around with you, then you should get a desktop for home. If you are going to get a desktop, you should consider building your own. I watched my uncle put together a desktop, it was like playing with Lego.
Anchovia
[Jan 12, 2012 12:43:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Alesanaftw

Must... Resist... Going... Grammar Nazi...

You had to didn't you >.>
I honestly think grammarnazi is good to go here though :o

Good job at correcting the grammar there, guys.
Tjjsalt (Hunter and Cobalt)
All opinions I express are mine alone.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Alesanaftw at Jan 12, 2012 12:56:25 PM]
[Jan 12, 2012 12:56:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squishat

Yea, but sometimes getting the right driver files and compatibility and all that jazz is really a headache D:
Hellogoodbye says, "Squishat - Pro rock sinker."
on Emerald

===
[Jan 12, 2012 2:49:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates