• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 63
Posts: 63   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 16018 times and has 62 replies Next Thread
Kyubi74

*No Apologies Caravanserai Island Plans*

Since we didn't post an intent for Cara, I decided to make a separate thread about Caravanserai island plans.

Island taxes:
No Apologies will be keeping the taxes on Cara at 50% for the entire time we hold onto the island. We're not a fan of 100% taxes to enforce shoppe dusting as there are alot of merchants on the island that gets affected. 0% also isn't a smart choice in our opinion since many people having trinket shoppes here and would hardly pay anything worthwhile to consider selling it. Another reason for 50% tax is our "Shoppe buyback scheme"

Cara Shoppe buy-back scheme:
No Apologies will strive to buy back shoppes from the palace taxes to dust shoppes. Going with my past experience from owning Caravanserai, the palace taxes will make enough to buy-back a shoppe on Cara every two weeks. No Apologies will offer to buy back 1 shoppe every 2 weeks for a maximum of 750K. The offer may vary depending on the type of shoppe and its condition (upgraded or not).

To start this promotion, we'll be paying from our own pockets for the first shoppe. We offer 750K to Hibernata for selling back the Ship Yard he dropped on spawn called Ships of Istanbul, as its best for the island's economy. However, if Hibernate doesn't sell to us, we'll extend this offer to anyone else who'd like to sell their shoppe back. Please convince your friends if they're not utilizing their shoppe on Cara properly to sell it back for dusting in order to make Caravanserai alot cleaner! No Apologies plans to carry this promotion for atleast 3 months [Dusting of 7 shoppes, provided we get sellers]. If we hold onto the island longer, we will review these plans.

We would love to hear some feedback on what you think of our plans, Also suggestions or Ideas on other ways to help improve the Island will be all taken into consideration on how we can adjust our current plans and make them better and more suitable for all.
----------------------------------------
Kyubi
- Captain Of Ninety-Nine Problems -
- King Of No Apologies -
-Emerald-

Ky
=Captain Of Glad You Came=
=Member Of Knockout=
=Meridian=

Kyubi you have earned some massive respect from me - Yaruto
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Kyubi74 at Jan 8, 2012 8:21:48 PM]
[Jan 8, 2012 8:16:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Disgraced

Re: *No Apologies Caravanserai Island Plans*

While you will be buying back these shoppes, will you be dropping any of your own? Or will you dust each shoppe that you buy back?
Bunnyspawn, prince of Coherent Insanity on Meridian.

Jdilla's wench on Emerald.
[Jan 8, 2012 8:27:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kyubi74

While you will be buying back these shoppes, will you be dropping any of your own? Or will you dust each shoppe that you buy back?

Sorry I thought that point was fairly clear, No Apologies will not be keeping any of the buildings that are bought back. All will be dusted and nothing will be dropped.

:)
Kyubi
- King Of No Apologies -
-Emerald-

Ky
=Member Of Knockout=
=Meridian=

[Jan 8, 2012 8:32:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ccarlson08

Aww Kyubi, our saviour after the horror that happened there for the past 3 weeks <3
Aiplaeso tells ye "the shoppes are beautiful works of art"
Aiplaeso tells ye, "pls call me Leonardo Da Vinci

Soulsearcher tells ye, "Ameer was a sith lord once"
[Jan 8, 2012 8:35:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Disgraced

Sorry I thought that point was fairly clear, No Apologies will not be keeping any of the buildings that are bought back. All will be dusted and nothing will be dropped.

:)

I figured that was why you posted it the way you did, but I didn't see any mention of that specifically. Glad to hear it! I fully endorse this plan.
Bunnyspawn, prince of Coherent Insanity on Meridian.

Jdilla's wench on Emerald.
[Jan 8, 2012 9:03:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
helppr

You may not be a legitimate puzzler, but at least you can govern an island.
Captainben wrote: 
Sorry I haven't been involved in this forum debate, but after reading it I really wonder what has happened to this world's literacy. Governments spend billions on education and this is what it produces.

[Jan 8, 2012 10:37:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Realjuan

Thanks for great plans, and I hope it works out for your flag.
Latinboy
"Ten cuidado con el pirate del caribe, vamo' a ve' si tu tienes calibre" Daddy Yankee

"Gratitude is a duty which ought to be paid, but which none have a right to expect" Jean Jacque Rousseau
[Jan 8, 2012 11:22:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Laslo2

It is good plans Kyubi glad to see them :). If you don't get any sellers however will you drop the taxes a bit down from 50% or will they stay at 50% even if no one feels like selling shopps after the first 2-3 weeks?
Laslo

Revealing personal information about another player is against the forum rules, including revealing ban evasion.
Ban evasion should be reported to the OMs using /complain.
[Jan 9, 2012 1:57:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
helppr

It is good plans Kyubi glad to see them :). If you don't get any sellers however will you drop the taxes a bit down from 50% or will they stay at 50% even if no one feels like selling shopps after the first 2-3 weeks?

Kyubi wrote: 
No Apologies will be keeping the taxes on Cara at 50% for the entire time we hold onto the island.

You're a moron Laslo.
Captainben wrote: 
Sorry I haven't been involved in this forum debate, but after reading it I really wonder what has happened to this world's literacy. Governments spend billions on education and this is what it produces.

[Jan 9, 2012 3:05:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ccarlson08

You're a moron Laslo.

I swear, the more you say it the dumber his posts get.

Also I have been asked if I was serious about the whole saviour of sage thing, and I am. Idiots like Laslo/WRRY need to go get lessons on how to run an island from Kyubi, he's got it pretty down pat. (Is that the right expression? Meh.)
Aiplaeso tells ye "the shoppes are beautiful works of art"
Aiplaeso tells ye, "pls call me Leonardo Da Vinci

Soulsearcher tells ye, "Ameer was a sith lord once"
[Jan 9, 2012 3:31:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
catscanner

You're a moron Laslo.

I swear, the more you say it the dumber his posts get.

Also I have been asked if I was serious about the whole saviour of sage thing, and I am. Idiots like Laslo/WRRY need to go get lessons on how to run an island from Kyubi, he's got it pretty down pat. (Is that the right expression? Meh.)

Money Corrupts. BoS has shitloads of PoE and thus are not afraid of getting flamed as any return attacks would be met with a paywar. If we just let the island opener happen BoS would be nicer... <3
[Jan 9, 2012 4:23:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Oceansadness

Why, oh why am I defending people I dislike lately?

I read Laslo's message as petitioning that this new view of events is considered, which is not that bad... Maybe Kyubi did not consider the possibility of no shoppes being sold (same as his post hardly considers the possibility of holding the island less than 3 months :P)

Give people a break... Laslo is Laslo but the question wasn't bad.
Sedna in Sage. Sedna/Seawaterdrop in Emerald

If it floats, shoot at it!
[Jan 9, 2012 4:34:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
catscanner

I read Laslo's message as petitioning that this new view of events is considered, which is not that bad... Maybe Kyubi did not consider the possibility of no shoppes being sold (same as his post hardly considers the possibility of holding the island less than 3 months :P)

Still, 50% tax is reasonable. After a discussion with a special friend I support 100% tax on all larges.

If the 50% tax buyback scheme doesn't work, taxes would just most likely rise to 100% to dust shoppes...
[Jan 9, 2012 4:40:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kyubi74

I actually have considered that no shops will be sold, That is why I said three months, Three months isnt that long time flies when your having fun.

Also three months gives a good amount time to see some change as shops take a month to dust, it also allows people to take time and consider their options if they would like to help us push forward with our plan, We are aware that there is a decent chance we will be attacked however I couldn't say "These plans only last a week because I might lose the Island this weekend coming" I feel and I'm sure alot of people agree that 3months is a good amount of time to test this, And if we do end up not owning Cara before the 3months I hope that the new flag continues something along the lines of our plans.
Kyubi
- King Of No Apologies -
-Emerald-

Ky
=Member Of Knockout=
=Meridian=

[Jan 9, 2012 5:11:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Oceansadness

And I wish you good luck with it!

[Jan 9, 2012 5:35:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Laslo2

It says another reason is 50% so no point in not asking if I was woundering about it :). Asking stuff doesn't hurt bro. its not much effort to type down a few words and a ? behind it to Kyubi. So go troll another thread please <3.

And thanks for the answer :).
Laslo

Revealing personal information about another player is against the forum rules, including revealing ban evasion.
[Jan 9, 2012 5:40:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
catscanner

It says another reason is 50% so no point in not asking if I was woundering about it :). Asking stuff doesn't hurt bro. its not much effort to type down a few words and a ? behind it to Kyubi. So go troll another thread please <3.

And thanks for the answer :).

I would just like to point out the Irony in this statemebt.
[Jan 9, 2012 5:46:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hibernata

The price of "Ships of Istanbul" is 7,5m + 30dubs
Hibernata of Sage

My treasure is my gallant bark,
My only God is liberty,
My law is might, the wind my mark
My country is the sea.
[Jan 9, 2012 6:59:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Oceansadness

Hiber, I am pretty sure you did not place that SY on a spawn on purpose. You are not this kind of person. Do you not realise that it hurts the reputation of your flag? Now that you know about it and how important it is, wouldn't it be a positive step for yourself, your flag and the ocean, to accept the money that more than covers any expenses you will have put in, and cleanse the flag's bad image and stop the damage to the island?

[Jan 9, 2012 7:02:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Laslo2

Then he met Laslo
Laslo

[Jan 9, 2012 7:16:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ade446

I am pretty sure you did not place that SY on a spawn on purpose.[....]stop the damage to the island?

You are well aware of when you drop a shoppe if you're dropping on a spawn or not since it says on the tab if there's any commodity reduction or not on the specific spot you picked to drop the shoppe. Also, the damage has already been done, the spawn doesn't come back if the shoppe is dusted.
Sincerely
[Jan 9, 2012 7:17:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kyubi74

Hibernata Wrote:

About shoppes.. We will see.. I was planning a SY but no space without ruining island spawn... Dropped a Distillery ...

This thread:
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=177405&offset=20

As you can see he was well aware what he was doing, and what he is asking just shows how much he really doesn't care. Sedna, It looks like he is this type of person, if it doesn't fix the spawn atleast it would show he cares a little and a small step forward for him. So we will wait a little longer so he can have some more time to think about taking our offer before we offer this to the rest of sage.
Kyubi
- King Of No Apologies -
-Emerald-

Ky
=Member Of Knockout=
=Meridian=

[Jan 9, 2012 7:41:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tornado22

I urge you to buy back all the distilleries excluding mine and dust them:3
I will always provide fine rum, at a 20% profit ratio.
I will always have over 30,000 rum.
I will always make more:3
Please consider it:3

Thanks! :D
Argolo on Sage
Providing Expert Distilling labor Since 1993.
[Jan 9, 2012 8:54:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Oceansadness

You are both right, then. Playing devil's advocate rarely pays off...

Good luck with it Kyubi.

[Jan 9, 2012 9:13:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Glubbing

Do you not realise that it hurts the reputation of your flag?

People just don't give this point up, do they? I think it is perfectly clear that Sage doesn't care about a shoppe on a spawn, the only ones who care are the ?10? or so people who keep going on about it in various threads.

Did you see where BoS placed shoppes? Did you see the Admiral cade? Yea, it really looks like people care.
Glubbing of the Emerald ocean

SO of Constrained

Royal of Vehement
[Jan 9, 2012 9:22:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Laslo2

Glubbing, I am so glad you say this :). Sage likes people who are generous and treat them nice in the way they want to be treated.
Laslo

[Jan 9, 2012 9:33:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pauling

People just don't give this point up, do they? I think it is perfectly clear that Sage doesn't care about a shoppe on a spawn, the only ones who care are the ?10? or so people who keep going on about it in various threads.

Did you see where BoS placed shoppes? Did you see the Admiral cade? Yea, it really looks like people care.

Wait- are you referring to the Admiral blockade where multiple flags got together to throw out Outcasts, when Winged and co placed a shop on a spawn?

Or are you referring to the uncontested blockade last weekend? One is a relevant indicator of public sentiment. The other is not.
Pauling of the Lost Lot, Sagemerald
Officer emeritus and occasional cabin person
Puppetar (and drawing of secret Blackthorpe plans) by the talented Tilinka
[Jan 9, 2012 10:10:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Glubbing

Wait- are you referring to the Admiral blockade where multiple flags got together to throw out Outcasts, when Winged and co placed a shop on a spawn?

Or are you referring to the uncontested blockade last weekend? One is a relevant indicator of public sentiment. The other is not.

Actually both are relevant, they are relevant by showing just how the game has changed. People felt that strongly about BoS's management and shoppe placement on Barbary that they banded together after a week of tarting on the forums and really showed BoS that you can't act like that anymore..... oh wait, no one did. They all just blew hot air on the forums.

SO of Constrained

Royal of Vehement
[Jan 9, 2012 10:16:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Amyrosee

Actually both are relevant, they are relevant by showing just how the game has changed. People felt that strongly about BoS's management and shoppe placement on Barbary that they banded together after a week of tarting on the forums and really showed BoS that you can't act like that anymore..... oh wait, no one did. They all just blew hot air on the forums.

Actually that couldn't be shown on the admiral kade as Capy wasn't really defending , so there was no choice for the jobbers to choose who to job for.

Edit: I'm not saying that it's ok to job with BOS just cause there wasn't anyone else to job for.
Amyrosee
Sage ocean now to be Emerald.

Hera says, "Amyrosee = SCARY"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Amyrosee at Jan 9, 2012 10:26:26 AM]
[Jan 9, 2012 10:23:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Glubbing

Actually that couldn't be shown on the admiral kade as Capy wasn't really defending , so there was no choice for the jobbers to choose who to job for.

Edit: I'm not saying that it's ok to job with BOS just cause there wasn't anyone else to job for.

There are other flags capable of dropping, because Capy didn't really defend is a weak excuse.

SO of Constrained

Royal of Vehement
[Jan 9, 2012 10:28:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 63   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates