• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1218 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
slipster216

shares when pillaging.. Reply to this Post

Theres still a problem (as I see it) with the share breakup when pillaging. Thats that if you loose, your loss isn't tempered the same way as when you win. IE: If I get one share (because the dastardly dragons are a stingy bunch) and they get five, and we win a battle, I get a smaller percent of the bootay.
However, if we loose the battle, and I'm carrying a lot of gold, I will loose gold as hard as anyone else. Today I lost 200 gold (the max) in a battle, in which the other boat stole 400 gold from us. That means that with 4 pirates getting 5 shares, and myself and a NPP getting one (for a total of 22 shares), I donated roughly 50% of the money lost, while only getting a very small portion of the profit when we win (1/22nd if all shares are equal).
[Jan 13, 2003 8:10:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AvaPoet

Concurred Reply to this Post

I concur this. It's a nightmare!

The amount of money lost should be gauged - and capped - by both the risk taken AND the share recoverable as a ratio to the maximum share obtainable by anybody on the current vessel.

Well; that's what I think anyway. <ahem>
----------------------------------------
Ava
[Jan 13, 2003 9:12:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.avangel.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
slipster216

of course, if the dragons wern't such stingy lollygaggers Reply to this Post

of course, if the dragons wern't such stingy lollygaggers, we wouldn't be having this conversation ;)
[Jan 13, 2003 9:17:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cleaver
Captain

Hrm. Reply to this Post

Yeah, good point... we may try to fix this (you're right that 5 shares should be 5x the risk), but bear in mind that the current pillaging booty is very much a stop-gap; in the future cash/goods will come primarily from the crew booty/ships gold, and the relieving of individual Pirates of their PoE will be the exception in times of War. Or at least, that's the current plan.

-- Cleaver
[Jan 14, 2003 2:52:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates