• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 138
Posts: 138   Pages: 5   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 22593 times and has 137 replies Next Thread
wrs1864b

Re: Cerulean Testing Discussion Reply to this Post

Has anyone tested if heartie lists were automatically updated? Aka if you had a heartie "Bill" who is now "Bill-east", is "Bill" or "Bill-east" displayed on the heartie list? Same for mute lists.

Hearty lists work, mute lists are client side, so they don't work.
----------------------------------------
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Jan 6, 2012 7:51:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lizthegrey
Developer (retired)

And we're in, Adventurous Trout. Come shoot us up!
[Jan 6, 2012 8:08:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://plus.google.com/106912596786226524817/posts [Link]  Go to top 
Hazarath

On my way.
Morbuzaan

I support PvP in sinking environments.

Cremate wrote: 
Cremate tells ye, "Anyway I have hockey to watch"

[Jan 6, 2012 8:10:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Planking seems to work okay with hyphenated names.

/e enjoyed testing that one

Not actually a bug, I guess, but slightly odd. When I who'd a crewmate, it said they'd last logged in on January 2nd, i.e. before Cerulean opened but after they allegedly pulled the data from midnight and cobalt. Presumably that means they had to copy some data on a different day...but you'd think that would cause bugs all by itself.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Jan 6, 2012 8:16:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lizthegrey
Developer (retired)

On my way.

Good game :)
[Jan 6, 2012 9:01:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://plus.google.com/106912596786226524817/posts [Link]  Go to top 
Hazarath

On my way.

Good game :)

And you, Liz. It's good to see you around again. I'm up for a rematch anytime. :)
Morbuzaan

I support PvP in sinking environments.

Cremate wrote: 
Cremate tells ye, "Anyway I have hockey to watch"

[Jan 6, 2012 9:02:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PracticalM

Created successfully ship that was in the bottle when the merge happened.
Silverstache
Prince of Otherworld
Senior Officer and Drunk of Mad Mutineers
[Jan 6, 2012 11:38:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheRack

Cracking open of an Antediluvian conch worked correctly :P
Cephalopod, on poker, wrote: 
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: it isn't rigged.

Period. End of story.

[Jan 7, 2012 2:49:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
senorita_esp

-East and -West pirates can't be added as roommates.

Does this mean Aethera-East can't be Aethera's roommate, or that Aethera-East can't be anyone's roommate?

Chocorose-East can't be anyone's roommate. Also, pirates on the same account can't be roommates, regardless of if they are -East or -West or not. EG Padma (one of my Midnight pirates) can't be Chocorose's (my main, from Cobalt) roommate. If you try to add a pirate from the same account, you get the "That user is not online" message. And since you can't log two pirates from the same account onto the same ocean at the same time, there's no way to not get that message.

ETA: * The problem with adding -East and -West pirates my be as simple as you can't type the charactor - in the roommate box.
*Even if you COULD type - in the roomate box, you can't type enough letters to enter longer names. EG If I try to type Chocorose-East, it comes out as Chocoroseeas.
* Pirates without -East and -West from different accounts can be added as roommates, if they are online.
*Pirates native to Cobalt can be added as roommates of pirates native to Midnight, if they are online.
*Pirates native to Midnight can be added as roomates of pirates native to Cobalt, if they are online.
Chocorose of Cerulean:
Not too cute to be a pirate.
Current avatar by Salmon

I collect avatars
[Edit 3 times, last edit by senorita_esp at Jan 7, 2012 3:20:07 AM]
[Jan 7, 2012 3:04:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
senorita_esp

Aethera wrote: 

-Free renaming of crews and flags is not possible unless you happen to have a RM because there does not appear to be any other way to get to the RM shoppe.

You can access the RM shoppe by clicking on ye, then your pirate's name. It appears at the top of the page, next to the link for the palace shoppe. However, I could find no option there to rename Chocorose-East, neither for free nor for RMs. I can't test the free crew or flag renames since my crew didn't end up with -East and it has no flag.
Chocorose of Cerulean:
Not too cute to be a pirate.
Current avatar by Salmon

I collect avatars
[Jan 7, 2012 3:27:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Saint_Death

Noticeboard says required fame to blockade is higher than it should be.

Could someone with sufficient fame to blockade on regular oceans, but insufficient to blockade on Cerulean test if they can drop the chest?

Meaning, could someone with renowned fame try dropping on a large?
mcfunky wrote: 
you can't really complain... unless of course your name is saintdeath and complaining is your actual job.

[Jan 7, 2012 6:34:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
vortexae

I've been having trouble at the Furnishers on Alpha Island. All of them give me a blank "Home" tab in the "Order Products" screen (not even grayed-out items, but no items at all), and no response to clicking the other tabs. (It's like it's stuck trying to load the items.) Also, the "Help Wanted" button in the stalls is unresponsive while in the Order Products screen. (It responds fine while I'm not in the Order Products screen. Judging by other furnishing establishments on other islands, the Order screen shouldn't keep it from popping up.)

Then, if I do something that temporarily replaces that screen without leaving it - say, view "Yer Known World", or click the name of the stall owner to get their pirate page - when I come back, the tabs are gone too, and so is the "Return to Game" X. But I can still click where the "Return to Game" X ought to be in order to leave the "Order Products" screen -- the X button shows up momentarily when I click.

This happens in Aye Kea, in all three stalls inside Aye Kea, and in Davy Jones' Rocker. My pirate only currently has access to the Diamond arch, but Furnishers are working correctly for me on Cnossos, Oyster, Papaya, Turtle, and Winter Solstice. It just seems to be Alpha island whose furnishers are misbehaving.
Cerulean: Teshka
Meridian: Millefleur, Oshun & the crew
Emerald: Nensieuisge. Also Millefleur.
Y en el Océano Jade, soy la pirata Serenidad.

I blog YPP!
[Edit 2 times, last edit by vortexae at Jan 7, 2012 11:41:13 AM]
[Jan 7, 2012 11:34:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.nicolejleboeuf.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

/bug isn't working
Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!
Dignity - Emerald

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)
[Jan 7, 2012 2:33:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

/bug isn't working

That's gotta be the funniest bug ever :P
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Jan 7, 2012 2:51:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
MattMason84

Tested voting in a new Monarch, transfering Governership of an island, and placing a new construction site. All worked as they should.
Pyralis, SO of Axis Analemma, Prince of Maniacal Menagerie.
[Jan 7, 2012 3:06:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

Blockades work as they should (i think), influence, flags, can disengage to come in ocean side if an attacker, cant port if an attacker, can't re-use "sunk" ships in non-sinkers all seem to be working ok.
Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!
Dignity - Emerald

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)
[Jan 7, 2012 3:31:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

/bug isn't working

I've submitted about 3-4 bugs via /bug and they seemed to work. or, at least they went into the same black hole where you will never get any feedback that /bug has always done.

Speaking of which, adding managers has the same problem with -west/-east names that adding roommates does.

I have created a new crew and done some promotions. I was not able to checked the creation of a flag since my newly created crew didn't have enough fame.

I have also checked all the databases that i track via my scripts, namely:
  * shops
* island and type
* coffers
* logs
* hold
* orders for this shop
* bid tickets
* price config
* product config
* labor config
* staff
* labor report
* reserve labor
* shop news
* furniture/clothes/swords/bludgeons
* ships (in crews)
* type
* island
* coffers
* logs
* hold
* bid tickets
* charts
* pseudo price config
* pirates
* coffers
* orders
* bid tickets
* islands
* market data
* bid market
* bid tickets (shouldn't these be by where they are held?)
* shop offers (if you track ever product, this could be huge)
* houses
* island and type
* coffers
* logs
* shop news

Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Jan 7, 2012 3:43:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fannon

Re: building tax rates

I've checked the 3 forts/palaces that I have access to on Cerulean and compared them to Xi. The tax rates (the percentages themselves) are all correct. However, it appears that the FIRST time buildings paid rent after the "merge", it was messed up. It looks like it pulled 2.5% from all the shoppes. The shoppes that have since paid rent a second time are all paying the correct rates, so it appears to be working correctly now. So it looks like the bug is that whatever pending tax the buildings owe is not coming over correctly.

The logs up until January 4 all show the correct taxes being paid, the first rent after January 4th shows the lowered rate, including the palace which is itself a bug. The palace rate is always the same and isn't affected by the set rate on the island. After each shopped paid the lower rate, it appears that their taxes have correctly reset to match the island rate.
Princess of Versus Terminus
Wikipedia Administrator
[Jan 7, 2012 3:46:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

Noticeboard says required fame to blockade is higher than it should be.

Could someone with sufficient fame to blockade on regular oceans, but insufficient to blockade on Cerulean test if they can drop the chest?

Meaning, could someone with renowned fame try dropping on a large?

Doubt those will work, the Eminent/Celebrated/Renowned settings that Cerulean has are the fame levels that were needed when fame was introduced (and thus, likely the defaults for those needs).

Probably just needs to be re-adjusted.

There's been at least one instance of an East/West rename not being done properly (Dolphine's Midnight pirate was renamed, when it's the older of the two).
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Thunderbird at Jan 7, 2012 4:47:37 PM]
[Jan 7, 2012 4:45:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pianoman1125

Cracking open of an Antediluvian conch worked correctly :P

And here I thought I was the only one who still had one of those hanging around in their inventory!

~The Maestro
Muffynz
A Cartographer

Member of Crimson Tide
YPPedia Admin
Not-so-secretly conducting the oceans since 2003.
[Jan 7, 2012 8:46:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pianoman1125    Your average cupcake is just not as tasty. [Link]  Go to top 
Publandlord

I've been having trouble at the Furnishers on Alpha Island. All of them give me a blank "Home" tab in the "Order Products" screen (not even grayed-out items, but no items at all), and no response to clicking the other tabs. (It's like it's stuck trying to load the items.) Also, the "Help Wanted" button in the stalls is unresponsive while in the Order Products screen. (It responds fine while I'm not in the Order Products screen. Judging by other furnishing establishments on other islands, the Order screen shouldn't keep it from popping up.)

This problem is also present on Midnight, and has been /bugged.
Anaplian, Shadow Riders, Midnight Ocean
[Jan 7, 2012 8:54:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

There's been at least one instance of an East/West rename not being done properly (Dolphine's Midnight pirate was renamed, when it's the older of the two).

Older was not the criterion for renaming. If you read the FAQ, you will see where it says:

A: If the other pirate has not logged in for 2 or more years, the name will be given to the active player.

So the inactive pirate would lose in this case. I don't know which one was inactive at the point of the testmerge.
Retired as of August 2015.
Sic transit gloria mundi.
[Jan 7, 2012 11:40:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
Airion

Older was not the criterion for renaming.

Actually, older was the exact criteria for alts.

For pirates, crews, and flags, whoever created the name first will be given priority. If a rename is required, the suffix "-East" or "-West" will be appended, depending on which ocean the source pirate, crew, or flag is associated with.

The second criteria that you mention is for when two different people own the name on separate oceans.
Don't wait for the perfect moment, take a moment and make it perfect.
[Jan 8, 2012 2:05:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lulunz

Hair potion works (yay for side buns!)
Sante of Sagemerald
Senior Officer and Poet of the Lost Lot
Not bitter, just Twisted
[Jan 8, 2012 2:37:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

Older was not the criterion for renaming. If you read the FAQ, you will see where it says:

A: If the other pirate has not logged in for 2 or more years, the name will be given to the active player.

So the inactive pirate would lose in this case. I don't know which one was inactive at the point of the testmerge.

I'm well aware of the condition where the older pirate doesn't get renamed, but it doesn't come into play when the one that wasn't renamed has gone almost 2 years without logging in (and the one that was logs in regularly). Which was the case :P.
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Jan 8, 2012 2:43:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clarence11

Ok - As a new pirate, I've been trying to pick up all the islands.

I started out at ETA, and by using the "learn to" missions, ferries and whisking potions I've picked up all the midnight islands. I had to change my home island several times for this to work.

As might be expected - I didnt manage to pick up any Cobalt islands.

Having got an invite to Labyrinth Moors. I decided to start on the Cobalt islands only to find that the "learn to mission" from Tigerleaf has no charts on the boat.

I haven't bugged this coz I don't know enough about how this part of the game works - long time since I was a greenie.
Clarence of Malachite and Formerly Crimson /e sobs

Looking for the action
[Jan 8, 2012 8:13:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Wheebiscuit

The shoppes that have since paid rent a second time are all paying the correct rates, so it appears to be working correctly now.

Why would any stall / shoppe have paid a second rent in less than a week?

Aarghbird
Aarghbird of Cerlulean
Monarch of Mixed Nuts
Captain of Rum by Gum
Chief Mixed-Up-Nut

Avatar by the arrrsome Billshakes
[Jan 8, 2012 8:20:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Razar4

Okay, I currently have the best part of 20 ships (from sloops to WBs) on the Midnight side of the ocean while being based myself on the Cobalt side. All the ships are unlocked for sinking purposes so if anyone can find a use for them, send me a /job. (Probaby best to PM me first so we can find a mutual time).

On another note I defeated the black ship!!!

Metaphorically speaking...

I've engaged with 6 of the easiest possible ships (my sloop vs dark blue might ring sloop) and haven't encountered the black ship yet or even had a beware the black ship warning yet. I'm not too familiar with how sloop vs sloop should work though. Anyone else?
[Jan 8, 2012 8:20:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Why would any stall / shoppe have paid a second rent in less than a week?

It tells you pretty far in advance (a full week, even? I just let it autopay, so I never pay attention) how much you'll be paying the next time.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Jan 8, 2012 8:28:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hazelsworn

So as far as testing, I salvaged a sloop which seemed bug-free and Ryujin took a fanch into HS and people who hadn't been into a HS before all received the Pale Runner trophy and when we sank people got fish.
Coexist , Emerald
Me on YouTube!

[Edit 1 times, last edit by hazelsworn at Jan 8, 2012 8:49:30 AM]
[Jan 8, 2012 8:48:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 138   Pages: 5   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates