• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 138
Posts: 138   Pages: 5   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 21260 times and has 137 replies Next Thread
Ezder

Re: Meridian Testing Discussion Reply to this Post

Just tried to log onto Cerulean - and it's gone? Updated client, and no button to change to it?

Meridian is being tested instead now.
----------------------------------------
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Jan 13, 2012 2:34:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

First ship 'crazy stickleback' was from the crew 'cadre of his ultimate magnificence' which I think is a BK crew.

This isn't a glitch/bug. This isn't the name of a BK crew, just sounds really impressive, doesn't it? :P

This is a bug and it is the name of Admiral Finius' crew. I have repeatedly bugged it in production oceans.
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7
[Edit 1 times, last edit by LJAmethyst at Jan 13, 2012 5:07:11 AM]
[Jan 13, 2012 5:06:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

Dropped a chest on every island on Meridian, no problems there.

:D
Anchovia
[Jan 13, 2012 12:24:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

First ship 'crazy stickleback' was from the crew 'cadre of his ultimate magnificence' which I think is a BK crew.

This isn't a glitch/bug. This isn't the name of a BK crew, just sounds really impressive, doesn't it? :P

This is a bug and it is the name of Admiral Finius' crew. I have repeatedly bugged it in production oceans.

Ah, well now don't I feel stupid >.<
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Jan 13, 2012 1:26:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
killinfisher

Dropped a chest on every island on Meridian, no problems there.

:D

Oh Anchy
Former Good Grief, Outcast member.

Gypsyjayne tells you,"Parley is actually latin for "Mock Verlool here."

IGN: Derpweasel
[Jan 14, 2012 8:24:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    nevertall [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

Having delivered ships appear in shoppe records would have saved me the mortification of bug reporting somebody who gets paid from having to follow up missing undelivered ships only to later find out my manager was playing.

Sorry, I forgotted :(
Imp, totally sane mermaid-siren of Meridian.
Superdoodle avatar by Budclare =D
[Jan 14, 2012 2:42:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

/e gives Imp cookies
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Jan 14, 2012 3:07:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

The craziness on Meridian this weekend helped to find a bug.

Not all construction sites transfer to new governors.
Anchovia
[Jan 14, 2012 6:45:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
skiffygrrl

Saw this on Meridian today:

Logged on and saw it was 10 min to maintenance reboot, so I did a round of my stalls, checked status of everything. All employees were puzzled up properly and had active labor.

Also, as I'm listed as a manager at a construction site, I checked it out as well.

Logged on again after the reboot, and saw that the labor was dormant in both stalls and at the construction site, so I spent time logging on my alts to make sure they were active.

This explains why, after the server crash from the blockade test, and from the 'game update' last week that lasted for a few hours, that all my labor alts had dormant labor. At t hose times I redid the puzzles on all of them; today, just logging them on turned their labor active again.

Yes, I /bugged it. We don't need maintenance reboots making employees dormant, whether they're labor alts or regular players with shop jobs.
Adrianalidah and variants everywhere
Gwynhwyfahr in a few places

Current avatar courtesy of a game glitch, Halloween 2008
[Jan 17, 2012 4:36:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.sff.net/people/a.gormley    skiffygrrl [Link]  Go to top 
Clarence11

I have just bugged this bid ticket issue.
I have an unfilled bid ticket on morgan for 20poe and the current highest bid is only 2 or 3 poe. I initially assumed that the price was so low because the bids had filled - but my Bid ticket doesn't show up on the bottom half of the market bidding screen.

I have a filled ticket for Hemp on Lilac - I cannot deliver it as it is not showing up on the market bidding screen. Even If I place the bid ticket on the ships market bidding interface - I cannot deliver it as it doesn't show me the status.

These are all bid tickets that came from Malachite and not Meridian. The meridian ones that I have bought show up fine.

I know that it says on the NB there are known issues with bid tickets but I wasn't sure if it was this one.

Edit to add:
I confirm that my ghost is missing from my phantom class sloop - however I delivered an abandonned phantom class sloop and that does come with a ghost.

/e is loving free delivery of LE ships
Clarence of Malachite and Formerly Crimson /e sobs

Looking for the action
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Clarence11 at Jan 17, 2012 2:36:44 PM]
[Jan 17, 2012 2:11:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

Re: Emerald Testing Discussion Reply to this Post

Emerald is now up for testing :D
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Jan 17, 2012 4:40:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

It says the snapshot was from the 14th, but I have a SH that I won late on the 15th.
Yer Officer badge has worn out and crumbles to dust. - this happened on the 16th. Should this even happen on the merged test ocean that's meant to be subscription? I can also still see all my other badges.
Still having the "loading map" issue, though Forculus just told me he's working on it.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Jan 17, 2012 4:54:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

The notice board news:
READ THIS!
  • THIS IS ONLY A TEST: This ocean is currently provided for testing purposes only. This means that any progress you make, any pieces of eight you spend, any ships you sink, anything you change or win or lose on this test ocean will be cleared before the official merge!
  • Where's my stuff? We took a snapshot of Sage and Hunter on January 14th for this test. Anything that happened after January 14th on the official oceans will not show up here, but fear not; you will not lose any property or progress during the official merge.
  • This ocean is temporarily set as subscriber during testing to prevent doubloons from being spent. Everyone has been granted subscriber privileges here. When Emerald is officially released, the ocean will be set to doubloon.
  • Please report any bugs you find that are not in the "known" list below with /bug.
  • Please post suggestions for improvements to the forums for discussion.
  • This ocean will be available for a limited period of time and may frequently be taken down for updates. We apologize for the inconvenience!
  • Known Issues (still being worked on):

• Oddities with taxes/rent.
    • Brigands with "-East" or "-West suffix.
    • Quirks with refreshing dormant laborers.
    • Pirate renames affecting roommates.
    • Sword/Rumble Dummies not showing correct gender.
    • Issues with bid tickets.

• Recently Fixed:

• Some tailoring stalls were incorrectly listing items as "Display Only".
    • Missing NPPs from special vessels (like the ghost on the Phantom sloop) should now appear.
    • Missing bid tickets from buildings should now be available.
    • Crews with no members will now be renamed with a suffix if there is a naming conflict with an active crew.
    • Pets should no longer show "Null be the owner of ..."
    • Restored missing torso/legs on some pirates. (Yikes!)
    • Various issues related to -East/-West names: can now transfer supplies, rename dummies, complain them, and add as managers
    • Various ocean settings have been adjusted to match production values. Please /bug if you notice any that seem off.
Thank you for helping us prepare to unite the oceans. We appreciate it!
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Jan 17, 2012 6:05:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tilinka

Emerald:

Just wanted to note that the funkiness with rumble and SF dummies seems to fix itself if you remove them from the scene and then place them again. Phew!
Tilinka, Emerald
Perilous Puppet
Artsy Stuff
[Jan 17, 2012 7:38:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.perilouspuppets.com    Tilinka    3569427 [Link]  Go to top 
Squishat

And here are the two Inter-ocean routes on Emerald! Sorry for the top one being a bit small, else couldn't fit the whole thing.

A thank you to Brianjd for finding the maps so soon xD
Hellogoodbye says, "Squishat - Pro rock sinker."
on Emerald

===
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Squishat at Jan 17, 2012 7:51:56 PM]
[Jan 17, 2012 7:50:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

I have created a wiki map of Emerald. Please let me know if there are any problems with it. And, another big thank you to Brianjd for letting me see the charts!
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Jan 17, 2012 8:29:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
skiffygrrl

Wiki map looks good. Your awesomeness quotient is off the scale on the upper end. :-)

Back in my QA days (and back when I did ISO 9000 documentation), we used to refer to things like the remove/replace dummy to "fix" the problem as a 'bandaid". It's basically a repair for the current instance, but it does not fix the root cause of the problem, and could keep happening in other instances.

If you fix the root cause, the problem shouldn't happen again. And that's why we file bugs on issues, even if we find workarounds to get the current instance to work.
Adrianalidah and variants everywhere
Gwynhwyfahr in a few places

Current avatar courtesy of a game glitch, Halloween 2008
[Edit 2 times, last edit by skiffygrrl at Jan 18, 2012 11:58:59 AM]
[Jan 18, 2012 11:45:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.sff.net/people/a.gormley    skiffygrrl [Link]  Go to top 
Randomite

It says the snapshot was from the 14th, but I have a SH that I won late on the 15th.
Yer Officer badge has worn out and crumbles to dust. - this happened on the 16th. Should this even happen on the merged test ocean that's meant to be subscription? I can also still see all my other badges.
Still having the "loading map" issue, though Forculus just told me he's working on it.

Related to the SH part, i'm pretty sure I have the poe + items from the 15th.
Disengaged.

Dexade tells ye, "i m not talking to you and dont want your cookies!"
[Jan 19, 2012 12:03:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 138   Pages: 5   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates