• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 9
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5434 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
Elliptic

29th December Terra Blockade Event (561K to be won - at the very least!)

This is basically a Treasure Haul event. A Stone Soup sloop - the best kind of sloop? - carrying PoE (at least 561K!) will come onto the board and be sunk. Then, the PoE will be hauled - hauled old school!

Okay, but when is this happening?

Okay, calm down.

Sorry, I'm calm now.

It's fine. Okay, remain calm as I explain. The blockade event will start at 11:56AM Game Time on 29th December Game 29th December. However! The moneymoneymoney sloop will only come on at the beginning of the third (3rd) round. This is-

Why?
Really? ... This is to ensure that there's plenty of time to get everything hauled: the board is reset at the start of a new round. By waiting until the third round, we all get the long break between rounds three (3) and four (4) to make sure zero (0) poez are left unhauled.

That was very clear and rather wonderful. I'd certainly feel very silly bothering you now with any further nonsense regarding the timing, but I have a question about the settings - a question to be posed old school!

The settings are available for perusal at leisure in-game.

Why is this horse eating me?
You are made of straw.

Okay, but are there any restrictions on pay or whatever like with the other event?
Jeez, what? No! Jeez. Just go sink each other at the TH (Treasure Haul) site (not 'sight') where all (some of the time) the PoE (at least 561K!) will be (for some of the time, anyway). Or! Lurk at the edge, hoping to net a sloop limping to port, laden with booty! But ... watch out for its fellows, lest ye become the one who was going to be sinking but instead is the one who is now sinking instead of the other one. There'll probably be people just causing mayhem as well. This could be ... you?
----------------------------------------
"That is not how the question frames itself."

Wend, royal archophobe
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Elliptic at Dec 28, 2011 8:15:29 AM]
[Dec 28, 2011 7:46:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Andrixforums

Re: 29th December Terra Blockade Event

Sound's like fun~_~
Hello
[Dec 28, 2011 7:57:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Alddar

Re: 29th December Terra Blockade Event (561K to be won - at the very least!)

Me like sinky :)

Edit: Can we use any ship?
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Alddar at Dec 28, 2011 1:36:37 PM]
[Dec 28, 2011 12:44:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

Any sloop, yes.
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Dec 28, 2011 2:53:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Alddar

so nothing higher than sloop?

EDIT: Also Do we join in at round 3? or at 1
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Alddar at Dec 28, 2011 7:36:48 PM]
[Dec 28, 2011 3:07:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ameranth

Any sloop, yes.

Awesome, I'm renaming a War Frigate 'Sloop'! :)
Ameranth of Viridian Meridian
Senior Officer of Nightmare, Prince of Legacy
[Dec 28, 2011 3:15:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shadymermady

Awesome Wend :)

edit - P4P will be there!! :D
Shadymermady - Meridian
Shadeh/Betty - Emerald

Queen of Annunaki

Crip tells ye, "bout to turn on my balls warmer.."
[Edit 1 times, last edit by shadymermady at Dec 29, 2011 4:09:55 AM]
[Dec 29, 2011 2:44:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shadymermady

Thank you so much for the fun event!!! It was hilarious! P4P had a great time! I think we ended up going through about 8 sloops lol! good times :D and thanks everyone else who went to the effort of showing up too!!

Keep 'em coming Wend xx
Shadymermady - Meridian
Shadeh/Betty - Emerald

Queen of Annunaki

Crip tells ye, "bout to turn on my balls warmer.."
[Dec 30, 2011 1:22:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

Thank you for another fun and generous event, Wend! :) And thanks again to those jobbers, who puzzled non stop for 1½ hour without complaining, you rock!
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Dec 30, 2011 2:18:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates