• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 9
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5140 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
Elliptic

Blockade Event at Terra

27th December, 10AM PST.

600K to be won over three rounds in an event blockade. The money's won by scoring points: the more points, the more you get!

The rounds are considered separately with 200K to be won in each. You get as much of the PoE as you do of the points. So, if you score 50% of the points in a round, you get 50% of the PoE for that round.

For example, Flag A scores 200 points, Flag B scores 100 points and Flag C scores 100 points. So the total points scored is 400. If the prize fund is 200K, the calculations would look like this:

Flag A wins 200/400*200K=100K
Flag B wins 100/400*200K=50K
Flag C wins 100/400*200K=50K

You must score at least 2% of the total points scored to qualify for a payout. If there is more than one flag with less than 2%, the flag with the least points will be eliminated before moving onto the next. This will give a chance for some to break the 2% cutoff.

Coins will be dealt out to any royal - with winnings due after the whole blockade is finished, so please do not ask before.

Warning/Avis/Warnung/Aviso: if a flag puts its blockade pay offer above 600/segment, it forfeits ALL prize money - even that won in any earlier rounds. Its points will be eliminated from calculations.

I hope this won't be a flagsit! I reserve the right to participate myself to prevent it from becoming one. Anything Stone Soup wins in such a scenario will be put back into events.

edit: Thanks, Sverdrup. I had copied the example from another event of mine and missed that '500 to 400' change that was needed.
----------------------------------------
"That is not how the question frames itself."

Wend, royal archophobe
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Elliptic at Jan 2, 2012 1:03:19 AM]
[Dec 24, 2011 5:15:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
russellm2

Re: Blockade Event at Terra

Sounds like fun, I'll be joining in if I'm awake at 5am. Will it be sinking or non sinking?
Powerbow of Meridian and Emerald.
[Dec 24, 2011 5:32:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sverdrup

My abacus tells me that 2+1+1 is 4, not 5. As a physicist, however, I accept your numbers with a 20-25% uncertainty due to tips of fingers and toes blown off by cannon fire and/or too much swordfighting.

I am pretty sure that Heisenberg's Uncertainty will be at the event to see how well we can count and shoot ;-)
Sverdrup, CPTN of Schroedinger's Cat, Heisenberg's Uncertainty, Meridian
[Dec 24, 2011 6:44:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Elliptic

I'm a bit worried that people might run out of ships, so I'm offering to lend people some stuff for the event. I'll put an alt with some deeds in your crew. They won't necessarily be at Terra, but they will be local - you'll be responsible for getting them there and stocking them. If you want to avail yourself of this spectacularly kludgy offer, please post in this thread or PM me with what you'd like. It'll probably be just three or four deeds for each flag so I can ration them out to more than one or two.

russellm2 wrote: 
Will it be sinking or non sinking?

Non-sinking. You can get details from the noticeboard.

Wend, royal archophobe
[Dec 26, 2011 3:44:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Saint_Death

Warning/Avis/Warnung/Aviso:

Only 4 languages? Add Opozorilo. :P
mcfunky wrote: 
you can't really complain... unless of course your name is saintdeath and complaining is your actual job.

[Dec 26, 2011 7:16:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Elliptic

You don't warn Slovenians: you warn of Slovenians.

Wend, royal archophobe
[Dec 26, 2011 7:43:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sverdrup

Great fun was to be had. Thank you, Wend and Legacy for hosting and being great competition. I think we came in second after Legacy.

Jobbing costs came to about 150K for all 3 rounds or an average of about 17 continueously active jobbers (1 junk + 2 sloops).
Sverdrup, CPTN of Schroedinger's Cat, Heisenberg's Uncertainty, Meridian
[Dec 27, 2011 1:28:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Elliptic

There was a turnout and some shooting - thanks for that, guys! I rounded up in an uneven fashion, so it comes out to a bit more than 600K.

Round One

310 68,100 Legacy
286 62,000 Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle
281 63,900 RiddleMakers
25 5,500 Dilemma
5 Art of warfare
4 Ring of Fire

902 points in total, after excluding Art of warfare and Ring of Fire

Round Two

221 66,300 Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle
194 58,200 Dilemma
151 45,300 Legacy
85 25,500 Stone Soup
35 10,500 Sea Change

686 points in total

Round Three

281 78,700 Legacy
225 63,000 Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle
122 34,200 Sea Change
93 26,100 Stone Soup

721 points in total

PoE Totals by Flag

Some of the below royals are kindly holding the PoE for someone else.

192,100 Legacy [PAID to Narci]
191,300 Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle [PAID to Khamsin]
63,900 RiddleMakers [PAID to Dahlgren]
63,700 Dilemma [PAID to Whitehaze]
51,600 Stone Soup
44,700 Sea Change [PAID to Powerbow]

I'll leave thoughts till later. Much appreciated, everyone who participated.

Wend, royal archophobe
[Dec 27, 2011 1:39:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

Thank you Wend for this fun, well thought out and generous event! It was pretty much the "sillycade" I had been longing for.

Also, thanks you all jobbers who showed up to puzzle for 600 PoE/seg, giving a few people a chance to nav in a blockade for the first time, and all opponents, giving them something to shoot at!

Sverdrup - all credit for this event should go to Wend. Legacy had scuttled the island to give it away, but Wend chose to defend it, making it his island in every way except for on the flagpage. Of course, that is a very simplified version, but you get the general idea. :)

As for costs, I think that Legacy spent about 240K on jobberpay, and had somewhat more/larger ships on the board than HU.
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Ezder at Dec 27, 2011 1:46:02 PM]
[Dec 27, 2011 1:42:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates