• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 167
Posts: 167   Pages: 6   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 22737 times and has 166 replies Next Thread
Angelique82

Your opinion counts (Acanthaster building vote)

Since the merge of the oceans has been announced we have been thinking a lot about how we should shape the newest island on Malachite.

Because we need to anticipate on certain things regarding Viridianites invading our ocean, we have decided to change the original plans for the island. The reason we have chosen for the IM shoppe is to ensure that pillagers/SMH-ers/Flotilla navvers will have enough stock for their runs. The balls will have competitive prices so the stall owners aren't affected much by this and the buyers won't have to reach deep in their pocket to be able to do what they like.
The next five buildings will be placed for sure(or already have been)

Shacks
Mansion
IM bazaar
IM shoppe
Tailor Bazaar

That means there is room for 1 more Shoppe/Bazaar/Housing.
Because the opinions of what we should build varies a lot, we would like YOU to think what's best for the ocean and cast out your vote in this thread.

The next 3 buildings are adviced to choose from:
Furnisher bazaar:
+ There is no furnisher bazaar in the gila arch at the moment
+ Paint will likely be cheaper for the citizens
- People will buy their furnish at the cheapest island on the ocean anyway (probably AimuariLima on viridian?)
- This will make the island a little less desirable to blockade because the monopoly position from the palace with paint will be cut down.

Weavery bazaar:
+ The island spawns hemp which is used to make cloth. Hemp weighs quite a lot so it's a drag to move it elsewere.
+ It will save the Tailor-stall owners a trip from Nightshade
+ Competitive prices for KB (good for pillagers)
+ Cloth (especially sail cloth) has a ridiculous high value on
Malachite. By building one, ships and clothes will become cheaper.
- There is already one in the arch

Housing:
+ More choices of housing on Malachite
+ Paint sells for the palace (desirable for blockaders)
- People will likely move to large islands on Viridian anyway after the
merge because they can offer more than our medium islands.

When voting please add:
- What you would like to see us build (only 1 type)
- Why would that be a better idea than the other types

Posts in this thread that contain trolling or bashing someone will be ignored. This thread is NOT about politics, but about choosing 1 building.

Deadline for voting: 28 dec. 2011
----------------------------------------
Meridian: Ever
Emerald: Everlasting
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Angelique82 at Dec 28, 2011 11:25:43 AM]
[Dec 21, 2011 4:26:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Julaxis

Re: Your opinion counts (Acanthaster building vote)

My two cents is a Furnisher so players that would spawn in the arch assuming your still intent on building Shacks to spawn greenies have the ability to purchase anything they want without having to find it in a different arch.

Also:
I know its mentioned that it is already going to be built but I wouldn't build the IM Shoppe and I would go with an additional Bazaar type but thats just my opinion. I haven't played on mala in ages and I dont' know where the connections for the ocean will be.
Formerly Julaxis of the Viridian and Malachite Oceans
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Julaxis at Dec 21, 2011 4:36:55 PM]
[Dec 21, 2011 4:33:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Angelique82

Oh man! I was editing while you posted! xD Indeed I ment Lima <3

Thanks for putting in your two cents, much appreciated!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Angelique82 at Dec 21, 2011 4:38:23 PM]
[Dec 21, 2011 4:36:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mitchie101

I vote for a weavery bazaar, merely because the other two options are not very useful for Malachite.

A furnisher bazaar would indeed be useless due to the high amount of furnishers on Viridian. Especially because you can deliver furniture to your pirate and take it over to Malachite if needed, something you can not do with commodities such as cloth. Which brings me to the point of why a weavery bazaar would be more helpful. As you said, a tailor bazaar on the island would create a demand for cloth and being able to provide that on the island itself would encourage people to open a weaving stall (maybe purely to stock their tailor *hint hint*). Even though there is a weavery bazaar on Nightshade (which also holds a hemp spawn), the accompanied tailor bazaar on Acanthaster offers that little extra extra.

Housing would be unnecessary due to the high amount of supply on Viridian. Viridian offers all the housing anyone can demand. However, one point that may be taken into interest is that you can keep people from moving to the Viridian part by offering the housing they may want on Malachite. But that may be a very limited amount of people.
Mitch on Obsidian.
Mitchiie on Meridian and Emerald.
[Dec 21, 2011 4:43:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

IM shoppe

Emmett
[Dec 21, 2011 5:29:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

On a Productive Note:

Never count out the possibility that Malachite can compete, and the fact that a lot of people still shop local. For example, greenies and new officers who just started will have no idea that they can whisk to a far away island to buy furniture. Also, a lot of people don't even bother with costs, which tend to be marginal.

Also factor in dedication and buying from people you know. For example, a member of SMD and close friend of Mamabuns is probably more likely to buy from her tailor on Acanthaster Spits than whisk to Drogeo island and buy from Lewis and Cloak, which may or may not be cheaper.

A furnisher would be sublime, a weavery would be secondary yet also good, and more housing is always a plus.
Emmett
[Dec 21, 2011 10:12:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Doulber

On a Productive Note:

Never count out the possibility that Malachite can compete, and the fact that a lot of people still shop local. For example, greenies and new officers who just started will have no idea that they can whisk to a far away island to buy furniture. Also, a lot of people don't even bother with costs, which tend to be marginal.

Also factor in dedication and buying from people you know. For example, a member of SMD and close friend of Mamabuns is probably more likely to buy from her tailor on Acanthaster Spits than whisk to Drogeo island and buy from Lewis and Cloak, which may or may not be cheaper.

A furnisher would be sublime, a weavery would be secondary yet also good, and more housing is always a plus.

More types of housing would come with the merge. I for one have never bought off of someone to "favor" them. Lower the price, the better.
Official spokesman of Ade446.
Barnabas the Pale tells ye, "You made me literally laugh out loud."

-The D: Retired.

[Dec 21, 2011 10:16:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

On a Productive Note:

More types of housing would come with the merge. I for one have never bought off of someone to "favor" them. Lower the price, the better.

More housing on Malachite works with the same way as on Viridian; plenty of islands have the same housing types. There is no reason why housing on Malachite would not be used.

Also, I said more likely. This factors in free riders and people who do not support their friends in the economy.

Last edit:

I would ask that you refrain from loading the islands with alts to hit the 250 spawn mark until the island is fully built so that the new players can spawn into a semi-stable economy that is more than my stall offering blue bandanas.
Emmett
[Edit 1 times, last edit by monstersoda at Dec 21, 2011 10:44:13 PM]
[Dec 21, 2011 10:42:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Doulber

On a Productive Note:

More housing on Malachite works with the same way as on Viridian; plenty of islands have the same housing types. There is no reason why housing on Malachite would not be used.

Also, I said more likely. This factors in free riders and people who do not support their friends in the economy.

Personally waiting for the merge would be better for the Malachite economy at the moment. Housing is a poe sink. Why not stimulate the economy in such ways as a furnisher or an weavery. This would stimulate the economy more than housing. The types of housing that would be placed here would be of the more pricy end than less as well. A nice thing for older, more successful players but a disadvantage to newer players.

I believe those more successful players can wait until the merge, but that is just my two cents.

My vote is for a furnisher in the the Gila Arch. This would allow greenies to have at their hands a complete selection of shoppes such that they would not have travel out of the arch if they didn't know how to. Trust me, I've been in that spot before. A weavery on this hand would benefit players that know how to run a shoppe but not so much newer players who really don't know what to do when they order cloth from a shop as compared to an article of furniture.

Edit: Added text

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Doulber at Dec 21, 2011 10:50:36 PM]
[Dec 21, 2011 10:48:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Disgraced

Weavery.
Bunnyspawn, prince of Coherent Insanity on Meridian.

Jdilla's wench on Emerald.
[Dec 21, 2011 10:57:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

My vote is for a furnisher in the the Gila Arch. This would allow greenies to have at their hands a complete selection of shoppes such that they would not have travel out of the arch if they didn't know how to. Trust me, I've been in that spot before. A weavery on this hand would benefit players that know how to run a shoppe but not so much newer players who really don't know what to do when they order cloth from a shop as compared to an article of furniture.

Something that I agree with Doulber on. I'll throw a football at his head to make sure that the ocean does not tip over.
Emmett
[Dec 21, 2011 11:35:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
oopoorah

Business wise, a Furnisher makes the most sense to me.

It should promote steady activity via healthy trade and trade route that will benefit anyone living or sailing in the area, as well as promote Acanthaster as a 'trade destination'.
PoopyDog
slave to Plu
Captain of Burn Notice

Monarch of the flag
Effective Immediately
[Dec 22, 2011 12:30:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Decency

Business wise, a Furnisher makes the most sense to me.

It should promote steady activity via healthy trade and trade route that will benefit anyone living or sailing in the area, as well as promote Acanthaster as a 'trade destination'.

Seconded. I also think that perhaps including an IM/Distillery in there somewhere'd be a good idea, as that would encourage trading vessels that needed to "refuel" to pop in for some rum, and maybe some cannon balls, if their cargo is especially worth the while. I like the idea of AS being the centre of a trade-based arch, because although empty now, Gila and the rest of the arch's are sure to fill up during the merge, providing a potential influx of players who no doubt, would be interested in the economy, and seeking to trade/make profit, which in turn could be profitable to you.

A tailor would definetly not be a good idea, because I think that after seeing what happened at Fugu, it might not be a great move.

I could go on and on, but I don't have time, so there's my contribution.
Decency: All over the place

Ions tells ye, "I'm going to have sex with my cat now."

Ions says, "I have always wanted to have sex with a penguin"

[Dec 22, 2011 2:22:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

Furnisher.

And if someone could explain to me the logic of having another shoppe on a med? I don't see the point of IM shoppes in general, let alone having one take up space on a medium.
Imp, totally sane mermaid-siren of Meridian.
Superdoodle avatar by Budclare =D
[Dec 22, 2011 3:28:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Capndi

The island spawns hemp? Oh yes - a weavery.
[Dec 22, 2011 6:16:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

Furnisher.

And if someone could explain to me the logic of having another shoppe on a med? I don't see the point of IM shoppes in general, let alone having one take up space on a medium.

Emmett
[Dec 22, 2011 6:58:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Doulber

Furnisher.

Consider the Merge and shoppe prices on Viridian.

[Dec 22, 2011 8:09:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
totoiseshell

I'd say furnisher, as Malachite's islands are fairly close, so the weavery on the other island can't be more than a handful of league points away; easy sailing distance.
Inum

Castor says, "No, no! You don't know the secret doohickeys!"
Castor says, "You'll blow up the server!"

Galene says, "I'll trade it to Inum, she can sort it out later! :D"

[Dec 22, 2011 11:21:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yngve6

Furnisher. The arch has no furnisher yet, mala has only two. And a weavery is already close by, so no prob for the tailor stalls.
Inghild on Meridian
Yngve on Emerald
[Dec 22, 2011 3:57:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jh4l

I I was you I would look around and see what virid has for shops. I would try to figure out how they would connect and see what's around. For example if they connect to the garnet arch there's a butt load of weavery's on napi but only 4 furni's and bunch of houses and IM's. Like I said look at all the places it could connect and what they have on those islands. Plan for the future not for the present.
Jhlife Captian of The Deadly Return and King of Apocolypse
[Dec 23, 2011 7:51:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BobJanova

The original argument for the furnisher bazaar still stands. Having an arch without all the shop types is silly.

The IM shoppe is completely unnecessary, particularly if your argument is stock related: you can ensure the island has continual stock through a large stall, particularly if you use the palace as storage for the balls you make. It's your right to drop vanity shoppes for flagmates but don't try to pretend that's not what it is. You should build both bazaars instead.
Bobjanova on Viridian and Malachite
Shops and stalls with fair and profitable wages for all: Jubilee, Napi, Chelydra
Stripped/Barely Dressed (Malachite)
Phantasm/Reign of Chaos (Viridian)
[Dec 23, 2011 4:40:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Doulber

I'd welcome these "vanity shoppes". Boyk would as well.

But furnisher is cool bones too.

[Dec 23, 2011 8:45:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mamabuns2

As I read thru it looks like most want the Furnisher w/ the Weavery a close 2nd :)
Mamabuns on all Oceans ~ Mala is where my <3 is!!!

Queen of Sick Man's Dream
[Dec 23, 2011 10:16:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atoms12123

As I read thru it looks like most want the Furnisher w/ the Weavery a close 2nd :)

I wouldn't call it that close. :P And if it is, I vote Furnisher.

Or you could dust the IM shoppe and put both!
Ions
Captain of the Pimps at Sea.

Avatars by Inghild, Yumisa ...and Imp.
[Dec 23, 2011 10:57:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Atoms12123    Atoms12123 [Link]  Go to top 
Angelique82

The original argument for the furnisher bazaar still stands. Having an arch without all the shop types is silly.

The IM shoppe is completely unnecessary, particularly if your argument is stock related: you can ensure the island has continual stock through a large stall, particularly if you use the palace as storage for the balls you make. It's your right to drop vanity shoppes for flagmates but don't try to pretend that's not what it is. You should build both bazaars instead.

You know they are merging the oceans right? This means that a large stall needs to serve not 70 players but over 700 players. Large stalls can only make 1500-ish large CB's a week. On Malachite pillagers are being screwed over with a difference of 30-40% of their stock cost compared to other oceans. (Meds are +/- 30-33 PoE elswhere whilst they are 38-45 on Malachite).

If it will be the case that the IM will be useless (i.e more stalls are opened and their stocklevel is high enough + price is decent), there is always an option to dust it and place a bazaar or housing. This is kinda impossible if we're placing a bazaar and find out that stalls cannot cope with the demand.
[Dec 25, 2011 1:51:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BobJanova

If there's a demand for more LCB than a large stall can produce, don't you think that other shopkeepers will move in and open stalls as well? (You're not planning on 100% tax right?) Almost every island with an IM bazaar (on both oceans) has an oversupply of balls.
Bobjanova on Viridian and Malachite
Shops and stalls with fair and profitable wages for all: Jubilee, Napi, Chelydra
Stripped/Barely Dressed (Malachite)
Phantasm/Reign of Chaos (Viridian)
[Dec 26, 2011 5:55:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Angelique82

I have to disagree with you on that one buddy. Small balls are the only ones that are being sold for a fair price and have a high amount of supply atm. Mediums are just so-so, most islands have enough to do 1 or 2 flotilla's/smh's. Larges are the ones of our concern mostly. The supply is rather poor and the prices are very steep (around 60 per unit).

Anyways, I had a great X-mas. How about you all?
[Dec 26, 2011 9:44:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

The only reason prices are high on Acanthaster is because of the palace.

Stock Prices:

Small- 25 PoE
Medium- 45 PoE
Large- 65 PoE

My stall has had the price of large shot at 55, and has not sold a single cannon ball. Clearly, the demand is not yet there so the knee-jerk reaction of building a shoppe is unwarranted. It is incredibly easy moving shot on a MB.

If this is not plausible for your situation, three stalls is more than sufficient for your desired level of output. The shoppe is vanity at best.
Emmett
[Edit 1 times, last edit by monstersoda at Dec 26, 2011 12:29:52 PM]
[Dec 26, 2011 12:29:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Seamusa

What's wrong with vanity?
Seamusa on Mala
[Dec 26, 2011 2:06:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Doulber

What's wrong with vanity?

Absolutely nothing. At least they didn't build a tailor shoppe. God damn the one on Drogeo does nothing.

[Dec 26, 2011 2:17:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 167   Pages: 6   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates