• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 11
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3603 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
mendesjf

bnav help Reply to this Post

i know thats a greenie question but hey im a noob so...
im just starting to practice bnaving with the navy and my doubt is how can i get the sailor to perform a specific duty , like after i use the 4 initial shots i have to gun myself so i can shoot again, i know theres a way for the npc do this , but i dont know how to do this, could anyone show me plz?

thx
[Dec 20, 2011 1:39:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

Re: bnav help Reply to this Post

When you are bnavving, there is the little panel that shows what station your bots are on. If you click on one of their names you're able to order them to take a different station.
----------------------------------------
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Dec 20, 2011 2:03:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Julaxis

Right hand side of Game Screen.

Vessel Tab.

Click on a bot. > Order Bot to ___________.

The bot should then move to that station.

I recommend keeping your bot on sails and using the bot from carp to fill the four cannons so long as you have no more than 10-15% damage to your ship. This way you still get moves from the bot on sails and bilge doesn't rise.
Formerly Julaxis of the Viridian and Malachite Oceans
[Dec 20, 2011 7:26:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mendesjf

yeah that worked that you guys very much
[Dec 21, 2011 4:01:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SirCarl67

Right hand side of Game Screen.

Vessel Tab.

Click on a bot. > Order Bot to ___________.

The bot should then move to that station.

I recommend keeping your bot on sails and using the bot from carp to fill the four cannons so long as you have no more than 10-15% damage to your ship. This way you still get moves from the bot on sails and bilge doesn't rise.

For bnavving with the navy it is best to have check the bots stats at the start of the pilage and:

Put the best sailor on sails
Put the best gunner on guns (if these are the same bot try to get the best "total" of guns and sails)
Of the remaining 2 put the better carper on carp and the other on bilge.

Unlike the other stations only the best sailor's performance counts on a sloop (on larger ships it is the best "n" where n is a number less than the total number of stations). With humans on duty it is good to have 2 sailors because while one is having a bad run the other will still get you tokens, but bots will do exactly the same performance all the time.

When you are out of battle the sailors performance is additive so you may want to put you gunner (if guns are loaded) and / or carper (if you have no damage) onto sails so you accelerate faster.
Apollo tells ye "If you're ok for me to do one [bake-off], I'll go with that."
[Dec 22, 2011 5:53:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackarius23

What is your in-game name and on what ocean are ye playing? I could show the ropes if'n ye be willin'.
Kork, Meridian
Jackarius, Cerulean

Cleaver is going to strangle all of you.

[Dec 24, 2011 11:59:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kennedhaahr

http://evof.puzzlepirates.dk/battle_navigation.htm

the best ever puzzle guides
--- Vanhaahr ---

- THE HUNTER VIKING
- founding father and Captain of Warlords
- founding father and former captain of EVOF
- founding father and former monarch of ygdrasill.

http://warlords.puzzlepirates.dk (Warlords crew website)
Http//p
[Jan 7, 2012 1:39:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://EVOF.puzzlepirates.dk [Link]  Go to top 
Yngve6

There is one thing that I discovered that helped improve my bnav. Wait as long as possible with putting in your moves. The bots calculate their path based on the number of moves you put in. If you change your moves, so will they. So by putting them in late, the bot will calc based on the fact that you will stay put and will not be able to recalc.
The only downsite to this is that you sometimes will not be able to get in all your moves, lol.
Inghild on Meridian
Yngve on Emerald
[Jan 7, 2012 2:15:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

There is one thing that I discovered that helped improve my bnav. Wait as long as possible with putting in your moves. The bots calculate their path based on the number of moves you put in. If you change your moves, so will they. So by putting them in late, the bot will calc based on the fact that you will stay put and will not be able to recalc.
The only downsite to this is that you sometimes will not be able to get in all your moves, lol.

That was true about 6 or 7 years ago. Now bots just expand their reaction time and tend to read your moves if you use that last second move (LSM) too often. So use it, when you really need it, not as a standard.
Locu on Cerulean and Opal (and some other Oceans)

Check the Rack at Phakey's Tailor Stall on Tinga for nice clothes!
Locu's Weaving Stall on Tinga and Cranberry

[Jan 7, 2012 3:24:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SirCarl67

That was true about 6 or 7 years ago. Now bots just expand their reaction time and tend to read your moves if you use that last second move (LSM) too often. So use it, when you really need it, not as a standard.

It can be good to use LSM when you a fighting PVP. If you put your moves in early the other player can react to the number of moves you place. There is also a risk that you may have a spy on your ship giving the opposing navver what your moves are.
Apollo tells ye "If you're ok for me to do one [bake-off], I'll go with that."
[Jan 8, 2012 2:17:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MikeBerry

It can be good to use LSM when you a fighting PVP. If you put your moves in early the other player can react to the number of moves you place. There is also a risk that you may have a spy on your ship giving the opposing navver what your moves are.

But be careful not to leave it too late.
Moggle
[Jan 8, 2012 4:33:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates