• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1310 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
xelto

Fruit change idea Reply to this Post

Something I've been thinking about for a while has been how fruit spawns and how it gets sold. It... doesn't really make sense. Most people accept it because it provides a vague challenge for the game, but still-- prices don't seem to reflect difficulty getting fruit where it goes, at least not enough to make much of a difference. There are arbitrary caps on sales. And nobody likes the home fruit.

The basic idea: have fruit prices adjust semi-dynamically. Theoretically, each island with an inn should be buying fruit for the inn*. So: make it so that each inn will buy any type of fruit, even ones spawned in their local arch. However, they're going to want (and be willing to pay more) for a variety of fruit.

So each island starts with a basic price that they will pay for any type of fruit, with a purchase order of 1000. When that full thousand gets purchased, they will put up another purchase order for another 1000, but the price will drop by one. This will repeat until the price bottoms out at one. At the same time, the price at one different island will raise by one. The island can be chosen at random, or it can be moved around in cycles.

Theoretically, this will mean that the inns on the other side of an ocean from the foraging islands will end up paying more, since most fruit gets delivered locally.

For bonus points, include smuggling to the mainland. The mainland will count as an inn, and will pay a premium for the difficulty of getting exotic commodities from the archipelagos... even if they don't come with tax stamps.

* At least, that's the only thing I can see making sense in a "sense of world" sense**.
** Yes, a word sounds silly if you repeat it often enough.
----------------------------------------
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Dec 15, 2011 3:19:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Auntyjemima

Re: Fruit change idea Reply to this Post

Sounds like a neat idea, especially smuggling to the mainland.

P.S: Wouldn't this thread be better suited for GD?

Edit: Spelling

Nortoneer says, "Kitty.."
Nortoneer says, "How do you think yer kitten would do at sails?"
Hellkitty says, "he'd probably purr-fur rigs"

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Auntyjemima at Dec 15, 2011 6:02:29 PM]
[Dec 15, 2011 3:21:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Move it to GD. Interesting idea!
Captainrich
[Dec 15, 2011 5:52:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

P.S: Wouldn't this thred be better suited for GD?

Yes, it would. That's what I get for posting when I know I'm going to be rushed out the door. Anyone who wants to move it, go ahead.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Dec 15, 2011 5:57:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates