• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 45
Posts: 45   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 12493 times and has 44 replies Next Thread
kennedhaahr

Hunting memmories

an Era is about to end. but hoppefully a new will begin...
but with the end of the world as we know it (2012), im curious about what made hunter what it is. and wanna know your best memmories from hunter ocean...

some of the things i will remember hunter for are the ancient "Mezzo and imrans" SMH. every time i SMH on hunter i recall those runs and i think it will always be what reminds me of hunter.

any memmories are welcome both good and bad
----------------------------------------
--- Vanhaahr ---

- THE HUNTER VIKING
- founding father and Captain of Warlords
- founding father and former captain of EVOF
- founding father and former monarch of ygdrasill.

http://warlords.puzzlepirates.dk (Warlords crew website)
Http//p
[Dec 12, 2011 10:10:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://EVOF.puzzlepirates.dk [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

Re: Hunting memmories

Bad - the amount of stupid threads.
Good - Cleansanchez.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Dec 12, 2011 10:50:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Inframan8

Bad - Loathe not running for president..

Good - Me being me.
Inframan
Super Retired.
Newest!
Loathe says, "Infra is carp god."
[Dec 12, 2011 11:01:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dwizzles

So I'll just go ahead and hijack this thread since it is basically the same thing anyway. Sage has a thread about Sage legends. Who are your Hunter legends? Most memorable Hunter moments? etc etc etc

Thnx for da memoriez guyz
-Dwizzles
Captain of Skeletons
King of Illuminatti
[Dec 12, 2011 11:25:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

The day when Dwiz lost my pony.
Loathe/Forever.

[Dec 12, 2011 11:26:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Randomite

Bad - watching the game slowly drop in population, particularly on Hunter

Good - The players. Love each other or hate each other, in the end they're what makes this game as fun as it is, and I think that if the community wasn't as close together as it is, a lot more people would have left.

That's right, <3 you too haters.
Disengaged.

Dexade tells ye, "i m not talking to you and dont want your cookies!"
[Dec 12, 2011 11:27:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ascotte

So I'll just go ahead and hijack this thread since it is basically the same thing anyway. Sage has a thread about Sage legends. Who are your Hunter legends? Most memorable Hunter moments? etc etc etc

Thnx for da memoriez guyz

In no particular order:

Hunter Legends:
- Fenrir
- Cairna
- Dalnoth
- Tsunamy
- Kenchio

Hunter Moments:
- the cade board that was blocked by GF's
- defeating the black ship
- The legendary series of blockades that kept me up for hours

There are so many people and moments that would deserve a place in these lists or be amazing runner-ups.

Gosh, 4 years and a half... so much happened through the years.
Ascotte,
member of the White Seahorse Club.
Playing on Emerald

"East-West, Huntards are best!"

tells ye, "You invented forum cades"

[Dec 12, 2011 11:58:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stayclassy

Rapp and Darksoul were some of those guys you were hoping to see come back
Nopolitics
[Dec 12, 2011 12:59:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Killamanic

Hunter Legends:

- Rapportus
- Zeroblaze
- Gunnermooch
- Whitell
- Cairna
- Kenchio
- Dalnoth
- Fenrir

Hunter Moments:

- The Eye vs BTV
- BTV vs CC
Killamangiro
Not doing much
[Dec 12, 2011 2:24:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Alesanaftw

Bad -

Good - Me being able to come top 10 or better in all my comp puzzles.

Legend(s) - Myself, obviously.
Tjjsalt (Hunter and Cobalt)
All opinions I express are mine alone.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Alesanaftw at Dec 12, 2011 3:34:53 PM]
[Dec 12, 2011 3:34:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
justjames47

Mentos and his amazing intent posts! There was a true craftsman.
Justjames on hunter
[Dec 12, 2011 6:12:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dwizzles

What he said. Plus, give credit where credit is due to Justjames. He got about 2 more years of mileage out of that STD joke in his intent art than should have been humanly possible.
-Dwizzles
Captain of Skeletons
King of Illuminatti
[Dec 12, 2011 6:30:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Texasborn

What he said. Plus, give credit where credit is due to Justjames. He got about 2 more years of mileage out of that STD joke in his intent art than should have been humanly possible.

ROFL! Agreed!
Texasborn
Captain of Titan's Rebirth
Monarch of Golden Destiny
Tex's music box
[Dec 12, 2011 9:19:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
justjames47

He got about 2 more years of mileage out of that STD joke in his intent art than should have been humanly possible.

Just count yourselves lucky that I left the flag, because I still have material...
Justjames on hunter
[Dec 12, 2011 9:54:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

Slimbottom. Need I say more?
Loathe/Forever.

[Dec 13, 2011 12:10:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MSpartans

To me, anyone I've consistently played with is a legend, so I can't really make a list without a tl;dr.

Memories:

Poe Spam
    Becoming the Forum Troll...
    Pink vs Lime wars!
    Mauritius wearing my "property of Gneiss" trinket
    Stalking Nargon
    Spamming Oceanus' greeter chat with worshipers of Gneiss
    When Mezzo war dec'd my flag 'cause someone dissed his SMH skills :p

Searching for Black CI Trinks

Huntard
Aug 12, 2011
Av by Diagram
[Edit 2 times, last edit by MSpartans at Dec 13, 2011 5:01:52 PM]
[Dec 13, 2011 12:22:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hallaluah320

Hunter Legends:

- Rapportus
- Zeroblaze
- Gunnermooch
- Whitell
- Cairna
- Kenchio
- Dalnoth
- Fenrir

Hunter Moments:

- The Eye vs BTV
- BTV vs CC

Those in bold approved as legends.
Greenday
[Dec 13, 2011 3:56:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Itch86

Bad - watching the game slowly drop in population, particularly on Hunter

Good - The players. Love each other or hate each other, in the end they're what makes this game as fun as it is, and I think that if the community wasn't as close together as it is, a lot more people would have left.

That's right, <3 you too haters.

I'd agree with this, the community here is really great.
Itch and related alts.
[Dec 13, 2011 4:42:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Missnoodle

Oh God.
Angela
Missnoodle & RAGINGNOODLE on Emerald Ocean. jokes im banne
[Dec 15, 2011 7:56:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dazkat

Oh God.

Ditto on that.
[Dec 16, 2011 3:07:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
klein888

For me there will always be a few pirates that will stand out..

When I just started playing PP Gunnermooch gave me 20k poe out of the blue because I reminded him of something personal. That was over 4 years ago and till I stop playing one day I will always remember that.

Another player I admire is Dalnoth. I saw hom politicking like mad many times in such a lovely way. Hordes of greenie and older players swordfighting him and to give them at least a fighting chance he gave away loads of swords of their choice if they only had sticks.

Then there is Duckling.. The bestest Captain and Queen and the loveliest woman .. I do miss her a lot. Some of the game died for me when she left to retire..

I also loved the cheekiness of Jackpot.. The bestest MAA ever!! No one ever will be as good as her..
If you were ever lucky enough to get jobbed by Alicecut and Jackpot on any SMH it was just fantastic
The day Alicecut stopped smh'ing I stopped buying bravery badges..

The best ever Flottila runs were with Striders and also Duckling.. That was a poe spinner for new players like me..

The most fun and poe for any jobber ever was the Coerced Coexistence V Beyond The Veil drama around Armstrong.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
[Dec 17, 2011 12:46:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
greenparroto

The old Hunter has always been a place of respite during rough seas in the realm of real-life. Memories from the dashing, charming beginnings will always accompany me. From my original, meager complement of a Dhow, a WB, and the WF Dependent Alewife, I would expand and grow until reaching my zenith during the campaigns of Spiritofsail and, since, consolidating my assets and refining my abilities instead.

The most vivid memory has to be the poe spamming incident. I was very much in the thick of controversy as numerous fellow high-level officials, many of which I knew well and socialized with, became embroiled in scrutiny and were found to be at the center of the fiasco. I can't say I didn't make a few poe's off of the market then, but I never created or accepted illegitimate poe.

Yet the most fond memory will always be of the 'Dep Ale', as I named her. She stuck through with me for the longest time before succumbing to trickery and fraud. Until I purchased my manor, she was my house as well. Ironically, I sold the manor later to pay for an Imperial War Frigate that now serves the same purpose.

Nowadays, I spend ample amounts of time simply aboard the IWF. As you can imagine, all the furniture from a well-dressed manor would lavishly bathe even a specialized frigate in luxury. Green/black knights, a dozen or so throwbacks from an era where prices were a fraction of today's, stoically stand erect at the entrance and hallway to the crew's quarters. Three rooms replace the single of the standard, and I fitted them as a bedroom, liquor cabinet, and dining room. Unfortunately, I've found the colored lights have not outlasted the test of time and do not operate on board the vessel. The vessel itself has probably lost significant value due to the fact I merrily tore down many of the Empire's adornings to replace them with my own.

Speaking of the money end of YPP, while I adore blacksmithing and have a rising solid/gm in the craft, the only business I was successful at was distilling. For a span, I was the premier dealer on Aim for swill, always offering the lowest prices. Indeed, the right-click method was an assembly line of alcoholic sustenance for those wanting an alternative to fine rum.

On the more belligerent side, there is a story to tell. I remember the great campaigns to capture the really overall useless islands north of aim by Spiritofsail, Oyyedet (my real-life friend who can't spell backwards worth a dumb.), and myself. I never liked that bastard SoS, really. He stole away three WF's away from me forever in the tidings of a harbor assault (or blackade, or w/e you twats call it these days!)

And if this sounds choppy, missing something, and disconnected, it's because I wrote it again at three in the morning after my browser shat all over me.

God bless you all, Hunter ocean, OOO, and God bless America.

Tedd.
Teddyyo

Hunter
[Dec 19, 2011 1:55:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Oneiroalt

I remember my old character a few years back. Spiritofsail, Stacex and some others took me into my first crew I dedicated time to. Captaindutch (my old pirate) has now withered away and was reborn as Oneiromancer.

Never actually being proficient in any puzzles (besides rigging when it came out) I had always struggled to enter SMHs, and CIs under the old NB system, never knowing why I wasn't accepted. Worse yet, I remember some saying "Planking all Fine riggers" at one point. Quite discriminatory when the puzzle had come out.

Bad stuff: Spiritofsail got into deep doodoo during the prelude and aftermath of an Iocane cade, which somehow resulted in my hacking and loss of a sloop and WB. Following that, I quit for a year and returned to find my character gone, soon to be reborn as Oneiromancer.

I later came back and retained my skill in rigging, allowing me to ascend to SMHs and CIs rather quickly. The HS release that came out some time later was quite a disappointment as I remember; Low payout and crappy items by then. Failing to accrue my modest fortune through poker, I eventually got Ultimate rigging one day by accident in an elite pillage.

I remember joining a crew with Sources, where I met Turkeys; We interacted very little until I returned to Spiritofsail's flag; we soon became friends, along with Kingmet, whom I often joke cynically over his "gay/liberal/atheist/anti-christian world domination scheme." - Fun times.

I had later developed a love for trinkets, wanting to collect any type at all costs; Not quite sure when that happened. It was another aspect of the game I hadn't yet discovered, but it hooked me into amassing today nearly all of the SMH/CI trinkets, a boat load of BC, VR, IO and LE trinkets, and a great deal of BM trinkets. Getting the next unique trinket in any collection now becomes my top priority.

Other mentions- Sailiordavid, who played with me way back when and still does so now (On a different account) really kept me into the game.

-Izzycooll, for sharing my love for the CI/SMH trinkets way back when.

-All of my previous captains who gave me a home when I needed it

-Turkeys and Kingmet (Won't elaborate here)

-That one time when Coerced Coexistence fought off a 40-strength Vargas fleet defending Aimuari.

-Anyone who sold me trinkets when I had asked for it; There's no way I can list em.

-EDIT: And Chickenlord, By request.

As this now comes to an end, I'll look forward to seeing Sage meshed with Hunter. Rig fight me. Someone.
Oneiromancer on Ex Hunter Ocean.
Vivace on Ex Sage
Now on Emerald!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Oneiroalt at Dec 27, 2011 3:47:12 PM]
[Dec 27, 2011 3:19:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
scrapsis

Bad - the amount of stupid threads.
Good - Cleansanchez.

Trilian
[Dec 27, 2011 8:37:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stayclassy

For the one or two years I had played on Hunter, I have to say, it was a great experience.

I remember the time Wasted took Alkaid and trashed it leading to Clandestine's revival even if short lived.

I remember the night tournaments were spread between Gutsu/Threepeat and Groo attempting to get the other banned

I remember 24 Hour SMHs that killed my sight for a good 48 hours.

I remember Cleansanchez (who didn't)

I remember Cairnas attack on Armstrong for an extensive amount of time

I remember beating Gene in SF

I remember getting Hermit and Jammers in back to back rounds in a drinking familiar tournament

I remember the fall of RR and the rise of KO

And other things that I have forgotten
Nopolitics
[Dec 28, 2011 6:42:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dewei

The bad: The very personal attacks/ vendettas between several prominent players who took it to the forums...

The good: Scarymuffin, Cleansanchez, Gunnermooch, Athens, Jacada. After all I started with scary and moved in with Gunner and after a while I moved with Belle and Tomrizzo. Why isn't his name up here yet?! Tommy is always the best.
Only in their dreams can men be truly free.
[Dec 28, 2011 8:02:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/User:Dewei [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

I remember the mansons with Cleansanchez. Word up to a brother.
Dahl "I have higher moral standards" gren
[Dec 28, 2011 8:11:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mezzzo

When Mezzo war dec'd my flag 'cause someone dissed his SMH skills :p

I had my reasons :P <3

Uhm Winning a Black SH!!

And i cant talk about legends...i never met them personally...

But i think Dalnoth and Cairna and Gunnermooch and Imrans will stay in mind of everyone!
Mezzo :D

Hanging out...
Avy by Masters!
[Dec 28, 2011 8:34:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

I remember the mansons with Cleansanchez. Word up to a brother.

Yes!
Loathe/Forever.

[Dec 28, 2011 9:03:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
animal5

When i was reading this thread, i smiled. Seeing so many names and memories of others it brought back memories of myself from so long ago. From Midnight to Hunter, still as greenie, i joined the first crew i was invited to, just because i had no clue what it was all about. After that i joined Skull Bashers, Beyond The Veil, where i was introduced to the blockade scene rather fast. I was privileged to meet so many amazing, sweet players from all oceans. Too many memories to write down. Bad and sad memories, but without doubt also so many sweet, warm memories. Friends who went and did not come back. Friends who went and did come back, if only it was for a chat every now and then or advise. We cried together, we laughed together, we helped each other and listened to each other. This is what makes this game so special in my eyes.

Too many memories, but i will never forget the blockade weekends in BTV (Cairna, you still owe me sleep :P). The long chats with Belle about everything that was in our minds (I miss you Belle). The jokes between Ramzi, Legalpirate, Ibka and Shinnj (poor Legal). Cleansanchez, i will never forget how he used to wear an apron in the beginning and how proud he was on that (I won't ever forget you Cleany). The night that i was freaked out because Imrans put me on a ship and sent me in a sinky blockade with the words : Goooo Sonye!!! (I love you Immzy). The night that i lost my last poes in poker and Gholiath kept talking to me for hours to make sure i would not ever go poker again with my last poes (pftt). The night that Tomrizzo logged on, slightly drunk, and ordered me to come to his house together with 3 others because he wanted a portrait with us. I still have no clue how he managed to print it.

As i write this so many more memories come up, but i cannot possibly write all down. I want to thank each of you for making this game so amazing.
Sonye
SO in We Like Rainbows
[Dec 28, 2011 9:58:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 45   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates