• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 926
Posts: 926   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 137056 times and has 925 replies Next Thread
Piraatteun

Re: United Oceans Discussion Reply to this Post

Well, now I'm trying to help it out, testing and etc. I have still hopes for the Emerald and Meridian test ocean, but if it do not comes, there's nothing we could do.

But let's get over this arguing between doublooners and subscribers, get on testing and finish this ocean with no bugs as soon as possible, so we'll get our real oceans earlier than we think!

Greetings Subscriber and Doublooners!
----------------------------------------
Egeu on the Sage Ocean
SO in Pater Noster
Member of Black Flag
[Jan 9, 2012 4:31:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

My original post still stands. Some doub players are awesome, but from what I've seen they're very much in the minority.

I assumed you were joking.

</3

Just because half the dub players currently posting in this thread are annoying doesn't mean you know enough to draw conclusions about minorities/majorities.

It means exactly that! There are some very vocal green players in this thread being douchey about the fact they didn't get a test ocean (yet). But do they come help out on Cerulean? No, they do not. Douchey.

I assumed you were just messing with them, but then you shot yourself in the foot with your...clarification. You made yourself sound kinda douchey too.

If you really want to mess with them, point out that if the test ocean had been green, 50% of them would still be whining. "But I don't have any stuff on this ocean! Why didn't you open the other one?!? My ocean was the better choice for <insert rationalization here>!"

(If anyone still needs a cerulean crew, send me a PM with the times you are available to log on and we can try to meet up.)

Cerulean is a gentle breeze, you know. Cerulean. Ceruuulean.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Jan 9, 2012 5:41:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Airion

My original post still stands. Some doub players are awesome, but from what I've seen they're very much in the minority.

I assumed you were joking.

</3

Just because half the dub players currently posting in this thread are annoying doesn't mean you know enough to draw conclusions about minorities/majorities.

It means exactly that! There are some very vocal green players in this thread being douchey about the fact they didn't get a test ocean (yet). But do they come help out on Cerulean? No, they do not. Douchey.

I assumed you were just messing with them, but then you shot yourself in the foot with your...clarification. You made yourself sound kinda douchey too.

If you really want to mess with them, point out that if the test ocean had been green, 50% of them would still be whining. "But I don't have any stuff on this ocean! Why didn't you open the other one?!? My ocean was the better choice for <insert rationalization here>!"

I'm saving that for when their oceans are opened, and they don't like which side their world is on. One of my hearties on Midnight sent me a tell saying that Midnight should have been on the left of the Cerulean map.
Don't wait for the perfect moment, take a moment and make it perfect.
[Jan 9, 2012 6:44:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Auntyjemima

I'm saving that for when their oceans are opened, and they don't like which side their world is on. One of my hearties on Midnight sent me a tell saying that Midnight should have been on the left of the Cerulean map.

Hunter bettr b on the eest side becuz west side is pukey.

I think a comment on Cerulean testing a page or two back was the Doub players are doing nothing to help test Cerulean and that all the sub players are there testing. Fact is, nobody is on Cerulean testing, close to none anyway. Whenever I've logged onto Cerulean, there has been under 20 people online, with the exception of 20 minutes after Cerulean opened.

I mean, would you not be discouraged and not want to test on an ocean where there are no job offers on the Notice Board and you can't do anything to help that, you don't have anything, you don't know anybody, you type /w and see you can count the number of players online with your fingers and you're on some godforsaken island with nobody on it.
Run on sentence++

Nortoneer says, "Kitty.."
Nortoneer says, "How do you think yer kitten would do at sails?"
Hellkitty says, "he'd probably purr-fur rigs"

[Jan 9, 2012 8:02:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chiptharip

If any OOO staff is reading this:

It would really, really be beneficial if we could get some comments on the status of this merger. I understand that delays are almost inevitable; I'm sure players have no issue with "We don't know when we can push the merger, stay tuned" or, conversely, "We can't push the merger until February". But silence is really harmful to the game environment. The merger has massive implications on politics/blockading, the driving force in the game, and continued silence is damaging to that aspect.
[Jan 9, 2012 11:01:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tilinka

Completely unrelated to anything, but it amuses me: I now know what's in the next avatar gift swap present on Midnight. (I felt a little bit naughty unwrapping the presents as I never, ever do so.)

Next time I run that event, someone is going to be /thrilled/.

Tee-hee.

More seriously, it would probably be easier to organize any testing that requires many people either on the forums or on home oceans, rather than waiting for enough people to log in not log right back out when they realize there are only twelve people on-line.
Tilinka, Emerald
Perilous Puppet
Artsy Stuff
[Jan 9, 2012 11:17:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.perilouspuppets.com    Tilinka    3569427 [Link]  Go to top 
tanonev

I vote for a blue-green merger. The sheer force of malice, ignorance, and stupidity across the color divide would fuel political activity for years to come. (I'm only half kidding.)
Tanonev on all oceans; currently exploring Meridian.
Puppetar by Tilinka
[Jan 9, 2012 11:28:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.alpha-slash.com [Link]  Go to top 
Airion

I think a comment on Cerulean testing a page or two back was the Doub players are doing nothing to help test Cerulean and that all the sub players are there testing. Fact is, nobody is on Cerulean testing, close to none anyway. Whenever I've logged onto Cerulean, there has been under 20 people online, with the exception of 20 minutes after Cerulean opened.

I mean, would you not be discouraged and not want to test on an ocean where there are no job offers on the Notice Board and you can't do anything to help that, you don't have anything, you don't know anybody, you type /w and see you can count the number of players online with your fingers and you're on some godforsaken island with nobody on it.
Run on sentence++

Jeezus, will you learn to read? At no point did I say that all the sub players were there testing it.

Perhaps if the green players came and helped, there would be more than 20 players online and we'd be able to run bigger pillages. Personally when I want to test something, I recruit a gang on midnight and we go over. It's really not difficult.
[Jan 9, 2012 1:13:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Auntyjemima

Run on sentence++

Jeezus, will you learn to read? At no point did I say that all the sub players were there testing it.

Perhaps if the green players came and helped, there would be more than 20 players online and we'd be able to run bigger pillages. Personally when I want to test something, I recruit a gang on midnight and we go over. It's really not difficult.

I kno how too reed.

Perhaps I should have worded that better, I meant someone wrote that green players are doing nothing but whining and subs are the only ones testing.(Which is probably true, because the reasons I pointed out.)

Nortoneer says, "Kitty.."
Nortoneer says, "How do you think yer kitten would do at sails?"
Hellkitty says, "he'd probably purr-fur rigs"

[Jan 9, 2012 1:57:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MSpartans

If any OOO staff is reading this:

It would really, really be beneficial if we could get some comments on the status of this merger. I understand that delays are almost inevitable; I'm sure players have no issue with "We don't know when we can push the merger, stay tuned" or, conversely, "We can't push the merger until February". But silence is really harmful to the game environment. The merger has massive implications on politics/blockading, the driving force in the game, and continued silence is damaging to that aspect.

As unOfficial PR Person for OOO I would like to say that we don't know when we can push the merger, stay tuned.

Thank you for your support over the years.

G
Searching for Black CI Trinks

Huntard
Aug 12, 2011
Av by Diagram
[Jan 9, 2012 1:58:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chiptharip

derp
[Jan 9, 2012 2:27:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fiddler

I vote for a blue-green merger. The sheer force of malice, ignorance, and stupidity across the color divide would fuel political activity for years to come. (I'm only half kidding.)

I'm waiting for doubloons to get turned on on Cerulean by accident. The sound of hundreds of Midnighter's heads exploding should be quite entertaining.
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Forum-mute: your best friend
Whitewyvern wrote: 
The only high end goals are those you set for yourself. What happens to anyone else is irrelevant.

[Jan 9, 2012 3:14:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
Publandlord

Meridian is out - there was a stealth client update. There's a handy list of known/believed fixed bugs on the noticeboard. Cerulean has vanished.
Anaplian, Shadow Riders, Midnight Ocean
[Jan 9, 2012 5:24:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

Meridian is out - there was a stealth client update. There's a handy list of known/believed fixed bugs on the noticeboard. Cerulean has vanished.

So, I made two totally fresh pirates on Meridian - and was instantly whisked on a mission to learn sf/carp upon logging...anyone else experiencing this?

Edit: I'll throw these bug findings here for now... I have visited few random tailoring stalls on the Malachite side of the ocean I can access, and they have everything on display, to me. Anchovia kindly whisked me to her stall on Viridian side and everything was ok there. Need to run through some more stalls.
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Notsizzly at Jan 9, 2012 5:50:13 PM]
[Jan 9, 2012 5:34:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tangosueno

I think this is the best bug so far on Meridian.
Am I invited to the no pants party Aubrey?

Tangosueno in the Meridian~~
Gallo says, "I barely ever have to move it myself anymore"

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Tangosueno at Jan 9, 2012 6:14:46 PM]
[Jan 9, 2012 6:14:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Here is a copy of the news from the notice board

READ THIS!

• THIS IS ONLY A TEST: This ocean is currently provided for testing purposes only. This means that any progress you make, any pieces of eight you spend, any ships you sink, anything you change or win or lose on this test ocean will be cleared before the official merge!
  • Where's my stuff? We took a snapshot of Viridian and Malachite on January 7th for this test. Anything that happened after January 7th on the official oceans will not show up here, but fear not; you will not lose any property or progress during the official merge.
  • This ocean is temporarily set as subscriber during testing to prevent doubloons from being spent. Everyone has been granted subscriber privileges here. When Meridian is officially released, the ocean will be set to doubloon.
  • Please report any bugs you find that are not in the "known" list below with /bug.
  • Please post suggestions for improvements to the forums for discussion.
  • This ocean will be available for a limited period of time and may frequently be taken down for updates. We apologize for the inconvenience!
  • Known Issues (still being worked on):
    • Existing portraits are booched. We still need to migrate them over.
    • Issues related to standings/stats.
    • Vessels that included a special NPP on board (such as the phantom vessels) are missing the NPP.
    • Equipped items are unequipped during the merge.
    • The new pirate tutorial is being unnecessarily displayed.
    • Tailoring stalls incorrectly listing "display only"
    • Oddities with taxes/rent.
    • Brigands with "-East" or "-West suffix.
    • Some input boxes won't accept the "-East" or "-West" suffix. We've fixed a few, still working on others.
    • Issues with bid tickets.

• Recently Changed/Fixed:
    • Yer known world should no longer be missing previously memorized areas.
    • Pirates with an "-East" or "-West" suffix should now be selectable in your /tell chat history.
    • You can now test pirate renames using the rogue mark shop. If you had an "-East" or "-West" suffix added, it does not cost any rogue marks.
    • Weaving is now available.
    • Some furnishers weren't displaying the list of available furniture.

• Note:When renames are applied, there is a condition where if a conflict occurs and one pirate has not logged in for at least 2 years, that pirate will receive the "-East" or "-West" suffix, and the active pirate will not. This only applies to pirates. In the case of a naming conflict for a crew or a flag, whoever created it first will retain the original name.

Thank you for helping us prepare to unite the oceans. We appreciate it!
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Jan 9, 2012 6:30:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

I am very happy with where they placed the inter-ocean routes on Meridian. Well done OOO. I assumed it would be the same as Cerulean.
Captainrich
[Jan 9, 2012 7:03:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

Guess I wasn't too far off :P

Anyone know the exact routes yet?
[removed by SOPA]
[Jan 9, 2012 7:41:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tangosueno

Guess I wasn't too far off :P

Anyone know the exact routes yet?

Flyaway to Oasis is correct and confirmed. (Mama won a map..I think she said it's 20 leagues?)
And Im guessing Stormy to Ichor? But I'm not sure
Tangosueno in the Meridian~~
Gallo says, "I barely ever have to move it myself anymore"

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Tangosueno at Jan 9, 2012 7:49:54 PM]
[Jan 9, 2012 7:47:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Airion

This is a little story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, and Nobody.

There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it.

Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it.

Somebody got angry about that because it was Everybody's job.

Everybody thought that Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn't do it.

It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done.

Thanks to two of my own flag for reminding me of this tail. Seems to sum up testing perfectly.
[Jan 9, 2012 8:02:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Is there any confirmation about any changes in well anything to the inter-ocean routes? All I was told is they are red routes, and traveling a sloop with six will spawn Baglahs. Just trying to find out if they added anything to these routes or for example they possibly have doubled pay or something.
Captainrich
[Jan 9, 2012 8:08:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
riku743

This is a little story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, and Nobody.

There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it.

Everybody thought that Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn't do it.

It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done.

Thanks to two of my own flag for reminding me of this tail. Seems to sum up testing perfectly.

If you're still trying to convince us that green players are more annoying than blue players, you aren't helping your case. Can we keep it to discussion of the merge and not which ocean has more whiny people?
Nil used to play Mala.
Lurking on the forums.
[Jan 9, 2012 10:08:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Airion

If you're still trying to convince us that green players are more annoying than blue players, you aren't helping your case. Can we keep it to discussion of the merge and not which ocean has more whiny people?

Aww, thanks for trying to jump on the bandwagon and have a pop at me. Sorry you failed.

It was a general observation about the lackadaisical approach to testing, at the expense of two members of my flag, and perhaps goes some way to explaining why there were only 7 people on Cerulean most of the time. Anyway, it's a moot point now they've scrapped it already.
[Jan 9, 2012 10:15:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
skiffygrrl

When I logged on to Cerulean I saw a few as 6 and as many as 40. I did log on there a couple times every day, just to do what I could with what limited resources I had. And, yes, I did file bugs.

Currently there are 70 on Meridian, with 1 event cade active and several others scheduled.
Adrianalidah and variants everywhere
Gwynhwyfahr in a few places

Current avatar courtesy of a game glitch, Halloween 2008
[Edit 1 times, last edit by skiffygrrl at Jan 9, 2012 10:30:33 PM]
[Jan 9, 2012 10:27:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.sff.net/people/a.gormley    skiffygrrl [Link]  Go to top 
Themasked

I've heard that both routes are known. One is off oasis, and the other one is off olin's brow. Being a viridian player, I can't remember the mala sides of the routes. One of the them is 20 leagues long.
[Jan 9, 2012 11:25:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
skiffygrrl

Ichor is to Olin's Brow << distance unknown

Flyaway is to Oasis <<< 20 leagues

It isn't so much an east-west ocean thing as a northeast-southwest.

................................................................................jade

...........................................................garnet

.....................................................................................................onyx

.............................................draco
......... iguana..............................................whiptail

...basilisk...............................................................komodo

.............gila..........................................lacerta
....................................chameleon.

Very rough layout; not to scale

[Edit 1 times, last edit by skiffygrrl at Jan 9, 2012 11:59:10 PM]
[Jan 9, 2012 11:51:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.sff.net/people/a.gormley    skiffygrrl [Link]  Go to top 
Piraatteun

I'm happy that they're releasing each test ocean in sequence to fix the bugs, I thought they wasn't going to post the (why you call us green and you blue?) doubloon oceans(I know it's subs now but they are original doubloon oceans).

Thanks OceanMaster!
Egeu on the Sage Ocean
SO in Pater Noster
Member of Black Flag
[Jan 10, 2012 1:50:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
skiffygrrl

haven't seen a chart yet, but looks like ichor-olin's brow is in the neighborhood of 8-9 leagues.

we shall see.

and from skellies, a friend got a CI chart that's on the flyaway-oasis run

[Jan 10, 2012 2:15:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.sff.net/people/a.gormley    skiffygrrl [Link]  Go to top 
Airion

I'm happy that they're releasing each test ocean in sequence to fix the bugs, I thought they wasn't going to post the (why you call us green and you blue?) doubloon oceans(I know it's subs now but they are original doubloon oceans).

Thanks OceanMaster!

Because the doubloon oceans are green - Viridian, Sage, Malachite and Hunter. They are all shades of green.

Subscription oceans are blue - Midnight, Cobalt. Shades of blue.
[Jan 10, 2012 3:00:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Wheebiscuit

Meridian InterOcean Routes:

and...

I have also updated the memming map spreadsheets. Links can be found in this thread.

Aarghbird
Aarghbird of Cerlulean
Monarch of Mixed Nuts
Captain of Rum by Gum
Chief Mixed-Up-Nut

Avatar by the arrrsome Billshakes
[Jan 10, 2012 2:03:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 926   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates