• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 926
Posts: 926   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 137768 times and has 925 replies Next Thread
Piraatteun

Re: United Oceans Discussion Reply to this Post

What is their too explore? Log on Viridian, and buy a whisking potion and travel half the ocean. The new routes are just really hard inter-archs.

... I mean real test, day to day, MASSIVE hunter with MASSIVE sage players dividing only one ocean, sage players entering in hunter players area and vice-versa, because that is what going to happen. What if we don't like it? That's why we should have a test before getting strange people on our areas.

I remember when Howtie came from Hunter with that "Chuck Norris" flag and took many islands on Sage, including it's capital, Admiral Island, that was not fair and people were terrorted by her.
----------------------------------------
Egeu on the Sage Ocean
SO in Pater Noster
Member of Black Flag
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Piraatteun at Jan 7, 2012 11:59:03 AM]
[Jan 7, 2012 11:56:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

What is their any point in testing? There is nothing new coming out except a new route. Doubloon players and subscription players really do not have anything to test other than just making sure that their isn't any bugs.

EDIT: Oh, just to say, I logged there now and I can't find any pirate or pillage, so how I'll explore the ocean without a boat and money? that's too sad for the players that doesn't played on Mid or Colbat once.

What is their too explore? Log on Viridian, and buy a whisking potion and travel half the ocean. The new routes are just really hard inter-archs.

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=177955

As you can clearly see some bugs did arise from the test merge so it would seem like it was indeed a good idea to test it out first. There are a huge amount of little unforeseen things that could have gone wrong and it's nice to make sure things don't go boom-boom.

Like I said.

Doubloon players and subscription players really do not have anything to test other than just making sure that their isn't any bugs.

Captainrich
[Jan 7, 2012 12:25:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

Doubloon players and subscription players really do not have anything to test other than just making sure that their isn't any bugs.
And? What's your point? Testing the bugs is a big deal because it's big deal to merge servers. I can understand the disappointment some Viridianites may feel in being merged with Malachite but you're coming off as a douchebag coming into this thread several times and just moping. If you don't give a crap about the merge, don't post in the thread? No use in pissing in everyone else's coffee.
[removed by SOPA]
[Jan 7, 2012 9:22:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

... I mean real test, day to day, MASSIVE hunter with MASSIVE sage players dividing only one ocean, sage players entering in hunter players area and vice-versa, because that is what going to happen. What if we don't like it? That's why we should have a test before getting strange people on our areas.

I remember when Howtie came from Hunter with that "Chuck Norris" flag and took many islands on Sage, including it's capital, Admiral Island, that was not fair and people were terrorted by her.

Er, Howtie always played on Sage. And Chuck Norris was a hard-ball non care bear flag, unlike many flags on Sage at the time. They won because they were good and willing to be ballsier than most. Sure, they didn't get too many friends out of it, but they had massive respect and massive success.

Stop crying about the past though. You have a decent point that a test on how it will act when a real merge is carried out would be nice, however the amount of action Cerulean has gotten is hopefully similar to the Midnight-Cobalt merge and will be able to determine things. Its possible issues due to a larger population could be found when Meridian and Emerald come out officially, but we'll see. It's not plausible for OOO to release it for 2 weeks and then reset, that's a waste of peoples' time. The reasoning behind not releasing all three merge oceans for testing is truly beyond my understanding though.

Cerulean is the easiest because its already based off subscriber oceans, but, it has the lowest traffic.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Jan 7, 2012 9:52:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PirateKhorzo

Sorry if Im being a booty and not going over the said posts because there is toooooo many quotes and it freaks me out! Is there still no set time mentioned or approved by the OMs upon which the dub test oceans going to be open for testing?
Thanks
Hapal (Emerald)
Hapal (Cerulean)
Hapal (Meridian)
Hapal everywhere :D
[Jan 8, 2012 12:43:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Airion

So far the only thing this merge has taught me is that doub players can be a bit douchey.
Don't wait for the perfect moment, take a moment and make it perfect.
[Jan 8, 2012 1:42:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lulunz

What, you mean we shower often? Better than being a steenky pirate :-P
Sante of Sagemerald
Senior Officer and Poet of the Lost Lot
Not bitter, just Twisted
[Jan 8, 2012 2:33:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

So far the only thing this merge has taught me is that doub players can be a bit douchey.

<3
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Jan 8, 2012 2:56:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

I only play on doubloon oceans and while I can understand why testing Cerulean might be dull and pointless for us...I still would suggest everyone to do it.

I believe it's better to test out as much as possible now rather than when the merging actually goes live - and avoid all the grief that the bugs that we could've caught now would cause.

I had nothing as well when I first logged on but hey, at least I don't need silly badges to do things - poker is free ALL of the time. Get my hint? Good, come play my 20-200 fixed limit tables, now!

P.S. I am sorry. Love you all long time? <3
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[Jan 8, 2012 3:15:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Luvessy

There's not going to be a test for how the new players interact with one another. The point of testing is to look for programming issues.

If you don't like "strange people" in "your" areas - well, that's a bigger issue than an ocean merge, isn't it?
--Mistymate

(Avatar by Sancha.)
[Jan 8, 2012 8:07:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Wheebiscuit

Let me make an offer. If you are from a green ocean and find me online (Aarghbird) on Cerulean, I will do the following:

- Join you to my crew

- Make you a fleet officer

- Give you a sloop if I have any left, which might be anywhere and of any type

- Give you 25K for stock, maps, clothes, weapons, whatever

I make it onto Cerulean every day (I missed yesterday I will admit - 8 blockades on Cobalt plus football playoffs) and you can check to see who is a greeter as I stay on duty.

The more people that test, the more bugs that might be found. And yes, when Emerald and Meridian come out, I will help test those.

As a side thought, has anyone bothered to think about the differences in merging the doub oceans versus the sub oceans? That it might be harder? It might take longer? That they might still be waiting for the enhanced new servers to come online? I don't mean to be an apologist for OOO, but there are considerations to be thought about.

Aarghbird
Aarghbird of Cerlulean
Monarch of Mixed Nuts
Captain of Rum by Gum
Chief Mixed-Up-Nut

Avatar by the arrrsome Billshakes
[Jan 8, 2012 8:13:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mr_mover34

This post has taught me that Sub players are just as bad.

Since I stopped subbing I have had a problem with test oceans in general. As a Doub player I can not get on Ice unless I pay money every month. If I bought $100 worth of doubs that would only get me access to Ice for 1 month. I always thought that unfair. I still logged onto Cerulean to test what I can. Even if my pirates there don't own anything and are pretty green. Any testing is better then no testing.
their, there, they're I always confuse which to use.

Mr Mover
[Jan 8, 2012 8:40:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Personally, I've stopped doing much testing. I'm kind of surprised there are as many people on cerulean as there are. It isn't like there is any new content, new puzzles to figure out, new areas to explore. It isn't even like Ice where the stuff you make will be around in a month.

It sure would be nice of OOO, devs in particular, gave us some feedback about the state of testing. What parts of the game do they think needs additional testing? Even a "hey, we know of two bugs that no player has reported yet. find them and win free inter-ocean charts for when your ocean gets merged!". That would get people testing more.

Since the majority of bugs are going to be able to be detected immediately the merger, there should be more wipes and remergers. OOO should tell us *when* the snap shop will be taken so that we can set up things like orders that haven't been started, or orders from pirates that have been deleted, or sunk ships that should be able to check ship deeds being on the market bid table of the ship, etc.

The blind testing we are doing is good for certain things, we may well test stuff OOO never thought would be needed, but it also has limits.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by wrs1864b at Jan 8, 2012 9:37:54 AM]
[Jan 8, 2012 9:35:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

I ran into a doub player on the new ocean and she has been an amazing help. She has joined my crew and we have /bugged this and that. She didn't have anything so I gave her whatever items were need to get a good start. I hope that when the test is over she actually subs and joins the crew for good.

Also I jumped on Hunter for the 1st time and I found the pirates there very nice! I was even given a welcome trinket. I found them quite helpful with questions I had.

There are people on all oceans that are helpful and ones that will also ignore you (ran into a few of those too). It takes all kinds to make the oceans go round.

I would really like to thank those from the doub oceans that are helping to test Cerulean. When the doub oceans merge I'll be there to test those too.
Seatexan - on the Midnight side of Cerulean
LOW RACK PRICES AT DRESSED TO KILL - NAMATH
Always looking for Pollack Sloops!
[Jan 8, 2012 12:20:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

And? What's your point? Testing the bugs is a big deal because it's big deal to merge servers. I can understand the disappointment some Viridianites may feel in being merged with Malachite but you're coming off as a douchebag coming into this thread several times and just moping. If you don't give a crap about the merge, don't post in the thread? No use in pissing in everyone else's coffee.

I post because I am disappointed that we cannot fix real problems. I came into this thread and asked a question once, now I just felt like saying it really won't fix anything. The whole ONLY POST POSITIVE STUFF is stupid. Especially in a thread about something that is supposed to actually help the game. Because criticism, never helps right?
Captainrich
[Jan 8, 2012 12:38:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Airion

Since I stopped subbing I have had a problem with test oceans in general. As a Doub player I can not get on Ice unless I pay money every month. If I bought $100 worth of doubs that would only get me access to Ice for 1 month. I always thought that unfair. I still logged onto Cerulean to test what I can. Even if my pirates there don't own anything and are pretty green. Any testing is better then no testing.

For the most part, sub players are doing what has to be done and /bug'ing their hearts out on Cerulean. All the green players do is bitch and whine that they don't have their own test ocean when there's plenty they can be doing on Cerulean that will eventually help their own oceans.

I'm happy to crew people up, give them ships and poe and whatever else they need to help test. One successful pillage/SMH/route mem does not mean the entire process is free of bugs. But no, the majority of you want to sit back while the blue players and a handful of greens do all the hard work for you. And I'm sure you'll still find something else to bitch about if/when you do get your own test oceans ("ZOMG ders noes bugz! Midnight and Coblat took dem all! Wuts da point?!!!!").

My original post still stands. Some doub players are awesome, but from what I've seen they're very much in the minority.
[Jan 8, 2012 1:34:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Laochra

Airion wrote: 
For the most part, sub players are doing what has to be done and /bug'ing their hearts out on Cerulean. All the green players do is bitch and whine that they don't have their own test ocean when there's plenty they can be doing on Cerulean that will eventually help their own oceans.

All Americans are fat and stupid. All Jews are greedy thieves who just love money.

Ignorant generalisation is fun. :D
[Jan 8, 2012 1:41:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Piraatteun

I'm happy to crew people up, give them ships and poe and whatever else they need to help test. One successful pillage/SMH/route mem does not mean the entire process is free of bugs. But no, the majority of you want to sit back while the blue players and a handful of greens do all the hard work for you. And I'm sure you'll still find something else to bitch about if/when you do get your own test oceans ("ZOMG ders noes bugz! Midnight and Coblat took dem all! Wuts da point?!!!!").

My original post still stands. Some doub players are awesome, but from what I've seen they're very much in the minority.

Everyday I log in Cerulean, I type /w and see 15-30 people, but no names in the /w, so what I can do? I'm stuck there with no pillages and etc, that's why it's frustrating to me. Tell me, what you could do if you get stuck in am archipelado where you don't see anybody, with a greenie pirate and lost in a place you don't know? Come on, it's too easy atack "most" of the doublooners when you have YOUR testing ocean. I'm not fighting, I'm just saying to put yourself in my place. I'm try to help on the test, but I don't find anybody, so that's not cool...

There's not going to be a test for how the new players interact with one another. The point of testing is to look for programming issues.

If you don't like "strange people" in "your" areas - well, that's a bigger issue than an ocean merge, isn't it?

I didn't say that I don't want strange people in "my" area, I said "If" something goes wrong with players? I'm so excited with new people, will be a great discovering and the game will get bigger, but everything can happen.

Well, I've found some subscribers and now I'm getting into it.
Egeu on the Sage Ocean
SO in Pater Noster
Member of Black Flag
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Piraatteun at Jan 8, 2012 3:02:12 PM]
[Jan 8, 2012 2:45:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Airion

Airion wrote: 

All Americans are fat and stupid. All Jews are greedy thieves who just love money.

Where did I generalise? Dumbass.
[Jan 8, 2012 4:35:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Can we please cut the discussion about things other than the merger out of this thread? i realize this is parley, but this is too important a subject to get sidetracked by who is nicer, or what game design changes should be made, etc.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Jan 8, 2012 4:39:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Airion wrote: 

You said all green players. Which encompasses, all green players. Derp.
Captainrich
[Jan 8, 2012 5:04:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TikaAzura

I play on Cobalt/Midnight. My character on Cobalt has the ocean completely memmed. The character on Midnight has it partially memmed. When I go on Cerulean Ocean. The main character on Cobalt has lost half of the memmed routes while the one on Midnight lost some but not as much of the partially memmed ocean.
I am hoping the loss of my total memmed routes on cobalt is a bug - - yes -no??? I was expecting to see the cobalt pirate having the cobalt half of cerulean memmed and none of the midnight half at all and vice-versa for the midnight pirate. I hope i don't have to go back and re-memm with the cobalt character just to have the one half complete before working over into the new half.

Birna of Cobalt (and Midnight)
[Jan 8, 2012 6:57:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gamegirl

I have stalls and shoppes on Cerulean. When trying to make a manager of someone with an -East or -West name, I cannot enter the hyphen. Thus, I cannot make them a manager. Has anyone else checked this out? I reported it as a bug.
[Jan 8, 2012 7:19:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

For the specific testing of Cerulean, please see the Cerulean Testing Discussion thread.

Both the memmed points and the problems with adding managers with -east/-west are known and mentioned in the first post of that thread, along with many other bugs.
[Jan 8, 2012 7:25:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
riku743

Airion wrote: 

All generalizations are false.
Nil used to play Mala.
Lurking on the forums.
[Jan 8, 2012 10:40:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

I assumed you were joking.

</3

Just because half the dub players currently posting in this thread are annoying doesn't mean you know enough to draw conclusions about minorities/majorities.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Jan 8, 2012 10:44:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
skiffygrrl

There is a thread for posting issues with Cerulean testing; might be a good idea to look at it.

I finally caved, and I did find a friend who also has a pirate who's a f/o on cerulean. She was able to job me into her crew, but was not able to bring me in full. I know she knows how to do it; she's been a SO on Virid for years and used to be royal in my flag there.

Even without paying a sub, i'm able to do various things there, including the craft puzzles and stuff, so saying the Cerulean is useless for doublooners is wrong. I still don't have full access there, as I'm not in a crew yet (in spite of red's attempts to join me in), but I have no problems otherwise, and have even entered a tourney and won a chart (woot!)
Adrianalidah and variants everywhere
Gwynhwyfahr in a few places

Current avatar courtesy of a game glitch, Halloween 2008
[Jan 9, 2012 12:46:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.sff.net/people/a.gormley    skiffygrrl [Link]  Go to top 
PhoenyxStar

Everyday I log in Cerulean, I type /w and see 15-30 people, but no names in the /w, so what I can do? I'm stuck there with no pillages and etc, that's why it's frustrating to me. Tell me, what you could do if you get stuck in am archipelado where you don't see anybody, with a greenie pirate and lost in a place you don't know?

Test that the missions board is working properly, you're marked as a subscriber there so you should have all the labour missions, make sure they're all showing up - one of them wasn't.

As much fun as it is to check that the ship stuff works, you don't NEED one to find out if things are working.

Oh, and the missions could land you somewhere that people are as well.
~ Phoenix or Danae

Depends on the colour of your ocean really.
[Jan 9, 2012 1:47:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Airion

Airion wrote: 

I didn't say "all green players". But I don't suppose they've started teaching you to read at that special school you go to. I said "all THE green players".

I can see you're struggling so let me clarify for you. There's not a single a blue player in this thread bitching and whining that there's no point them testing on Cerulean and how unfair it all is, blah blah blah. So my point was "all THE green players WHO are bitching and whining". Not "all green players are bitching and whining". Do you see the difference? Do you?

I was very careful not to generalise, and I went on to say - although your selective "I'm gonna be smarts!" editing didn't show it - that there were indeed a few green players who bucked this bitching and whining trend.

School is dismissed.
[Jan 9, 2012 2:39:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Airion

I assumed you were joking.

</3

Just because half the dub players currently posting in this thread are annoying doesn't mean you know enough to draw conclusions about minorities/majorities.

It means exactly that! There are some very vocal green players in this thread being douchey about the fact they didn't get a test ocean (yet). But do they come help out on Cerulean? No, they do not. Douchey.
[Jan 9, 2012 2:43:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 926   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates