• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 926
Posts: 926   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 137815 times and has 925 replies Next Thread
Barbagialla

Re: United Oceans Discussion Reply to this Post

What happens in the doubloons Oceans where i have 3 pirates each? As per the merger FAQ

<A: ...We would like to keep the limit to 3 pirates per account, but we obviously don't want to delete any of your existing pirates either.>

So we have to delete by ourself? Or they delete random (i think they cant do it).

I have read this FAQ but i really haven't understand.

Will they delete or not?
They said <would like to keep the limit to 3 pirates> otherwise they said <we dont want to delete any of your existing pirates>.

So are they going to delete 3 pirates or not? and how they decide which one?

Have I to suicide 3 pirates? Its sad :(

I think is important to know.
----------------------------------------
Barbagialla in all oceans
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Barbagialla at Jan 5, 2012 10:57:36 AM]
[Jan 5, 2012 10:50:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Culiford

It's clearly stated by Hermes:

Q: How many pirates will I have on my account after the merge?
A: You will have as many pirates as you had before, up to 6. So if you have 3 on Midnight and 2 on Cobalt, you will have those 5 pirates available on the new ocean. You will not be able to create more. We would like to keep the limit to 3 pirates per account, but we obviously don't want to delete any of your existing pirates either.

Q: How many pirates will new accounts be allowed after the merge?
A: Three pirates maximum.

You keep all 6 of your existing pirates per merged ocean.
Culliford on the Cerulean Ocean
Prince of Universe A
[Jan 5, 2012 11:01:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yearbook50

Has anyone made an event blockade yet? I have not seen one. Poke some governors to make one. We need to test everything.

Done!

There will be one in a few hours at Jorvik - 6 rounds sinking if anyone wants to have some fun.
Yearbook
Cerulean
Queen of Crimson Tide

Rome says, "I don't even have a status of a man"
[Jan 5, 2012 11:30:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Another fun little bug of note: every bid ticket in every shop and stall I own or manage and in the palace at Labyrinth Moors have vanished.

Mine also.

Also, it appears that the VID's of ships have changed on Cobalt, I don't have any ships on midnight to tell. I kind of expected this, since I'm sure that there are existing VID's on the two oceans conflict.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Jan 5, 2012 11:43:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dutchess78

Well , its now Jan. 5th and no oceans...how about an update????????

Testing of the new unified oceans will begin on Wednesday, January 4th, 2012. At that time, you'll be able to access the merged oceans from your regular game client.

A few things to note for this upcoming test...
•The new oceans will initially be open for testing purposes only, and all progress that occurs on them will be cleared before the official merge!
•The test doubloon oceans will be temporarily set as subscriber during testing to prevent doubloons from being spent. Everyone on those test oceans will be granted subscriber privileges. Once testing is finished, the ocean will be set to doubloon, as normal.
•The oceans will only be available for a limited period of time, and may frequently be taken down for updates.
We hope you're as excited about these changes as we are, and we'll see you on the new oceans in the new year!
Dutchharley , Captain of Dominators of Sage
[Jan 5, 2012 12:43:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Solowing

Well , its now Jan. 5th and no oceans...how about an update????????

Testing of the new unified oceans will begin on Wednesday, January 4th, 2012. At that time, you'll be able to access the merged oceans from your regular game client.

A few things to note for this upcoming test...
?The new oceans will initially be open for testing purposes only, and all progress that occurs on them will be cleared before the official merge!
?The test doubloon oceans will be temporarily set as subscriber during testing to prevent doubloons from being spent. Everyone on those test oceans will be granted subscriber privileges. Once testing is finished, the ocean will be set to doubloon, as normal.
?The oceans will only be available for a limited period of time, and may frequently be taken down for updates.
We hope you're as excited about these changes as we are, and we'll see you on the new oceans in the new year!

Cerulean is up. Go check it.
Solowing
Still suck at poker.
Sage
[Jan 5, 2012 12:46:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

Cerulean is up... Maybe if you read the last few dozen posts or so, you'd realize that.

Derp.
[removed by SOPA]
[Jan 5, 2012 12:46:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fiddler

Another fun little bug of note: every bid ticket in every shop and stall I own or manage and in the palace at Labyrinth Moors have vanished.

Mine also.

Also, it appears that the VID's of ships have changed on Cobalt, I don't have any ships on midnight to tell. I kind of expected this, since I'm sure that there are existing VID's on the two oceans conflict.

How do you determine the VID of your ship? And in the end, beyond maybe changing the ghost/genie/bunny that you have on a LE ship, what difference does it make?
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Forum-mute: your best friend
Whitewyvern wrote: 
The only high end goals are those you set for yourself. What happens to anyone else is irrelevant.

[Jan 5, 2012 12:55:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

Mine also.

How do you determine the VID of your ship? And in the end, beyond maybe changing the ghost/genie/bunny that you have on a LE ship, what difference does it make?

Board it and then consult yohoho.log.

VIDs matter on certain occasions when two ships ram each other in sea battle. When ship sizes are equal, the "older" ship wins the ram and occupies the square.
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7
[Jan 5, 2012 1:00:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
vortexae

I was about to make "Where's the new Oceans?!" noises myself -- but then I remembered that I would have to attempt to log on before any new client upgrade would install. So I did, and so it did, and so now I can log onto Cerulean.

Will Meridian and Emerald also be available for testing at some point, does anyone know? Or will we be testing just the single Ocean? (The official announcement talked about setting test Oceans to Subscription only for the duration of the test, then launching it for real as Doubloon; so I expected from that we'd see the green merged Oceans as well as the blue.)
Cerulean: Teshka
Meridian: Millefleur, Oshun & the crew
Emerald: Nensieuisge. Also Millefleur.
Y en el Océano Jade, soy la pirata Serenidad.

I blog YPP!
[Jan 5, 2012 1:14:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.nicolejleboeuf.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

Well skuttle is turned off, trust Harrjm to test this feature ;)
Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!
Dignity - Emerald

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)
[Jan 5, 2012 1:35:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

The VID is used in a number of third party apps. See, for example Y!PP Ship Sort Tool, "where-vessels" tool, or my ships parser.

This is *NOT* any sort major problem, it is more of an observation. I'll either have to either re-enter the data for my crew, or go in and change the VIDs.

LJAmethyst mentioned the only game mechanic difference that I know of that VID's make.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Jan 5, 2012 2:01:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chiptharip

Cerulean is up... Maybe if you read the last few dozen posts or so, you'd realize that.

Derp.

Before jumping all over his nuts, you should read the OM post he quoted. The post speficially noted that the test "oceans" would be live on the 4th - emphasis on the plural nature of oceans. It certianly was not unreasonable to assume that when a post discusses releasing multiple oceans with explicit explanation given to the doubloon oceans, then those oceans would be released. Now, it is completely understandable that OOO needed to delay some things; however, their continued silence on the subject (as a whole, not just Meridian) is reflective of their continued communication failures.
[Jan 5, 2012 4:09:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

I realize that and am (as I've already said) disappointed about it, but the poster explicitly complained about 'no oceans' being launched. But yeah, some explanation would be nice. A lot more useful than another few stinkin' pages of Thorsson's diary.
[removed by SOPA]
[Jan 5, 2012 4:14:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chiptharip

Fair enough, I guess I should have taken my own advice and read everything, heh.
[Jan 5, 2012 4:19:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

That's disapointing, why they release first the Midnight/Colbat server?

It is possible that midnight has left over cruft from azure days and OOO feels that it needs extra testing. There is not much reason to release all the oceans at once, most of the bugs will show up on just one and it is less work that way.

Not only that, but this way, most of the testers will consolidate to a single ocean and give the maximum chance of actually getting things tested-- I mean, if you thought ocean dilution was bad with six oceans, just picture nine!

Edit: and given that there are all of 39 people on the test ocean... good move. Nothing on the NB, nobody on the island I'm on... I'm beginning to actually understand why people were complaining about lack of other players.

Edit #2: Can someone local actually try one of those mid-sized pillages they've been complaining they can't ever start?
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Edit 2 times, last edit by xelto at Jan 5, 2012 5:01:33 PM]
[Jan 5, 2012 4:26:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
skiffygrrl

Not only that, but this way, most of the testers will consolidate to a single ocean and give the maximum chance of actually getting things tested-- I mean, if you thought ocean dilution was bad with six oceans, just picture nine!

Except I won't be testing on Cerulean, as I'm a dub ocean player, and all I have on Cerulean are a couple of new characters with greenie stats. So I can't test anything. I logged 'em on today, and took turns ferrying then around the islands in their home arches, so I got the islands on the known world maps, but that's basically it. Not much testing there, TBH.
Adrianalidah and variants everywhere
Gwynhwyfahr in a few places

Current avatar courtesy of a game glitch, Halloween 2008
[Jan 5, 2012 4:54:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.sff.net/people/a.gormley    skiffygrrl [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Edit: and given that there are all of 39 people on the test ocean... good move. Nothing on the NB, nobody on the island I'm on... I'm beginning to actually understand why people were complaining about lack of other players.

Having 39 players on a test ocean isn't bad at all. Even Ice during Atlantis testing didn't usually have that may, except when the OMs had scheduled a run.
[Jan 5, 2012 5:07:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
moonmaiden79

Adrianalidah Wrote:

Except I won't be testing on Cerulean, as I'm a dub ocean player, and all I have on Cerulean are a couple of new characters with greenie stats. So I can't test anything. I logged 'em on today, and took turns ferrying then around the islands in their home arches, so I got the islands on the known world maps, but that's basically it. Not much testing there, TBH.

Why wouldn't you simply ask if there are crews that would be open to making green ocean players officers? Of course, we would like as many players as possible testing the merge. Obviously, you wouldn't get to use your ships and items from your home ocean, but I believe that most established crews on the blue oceans have crew ships available. This would give us more options to work with others on collaborating larger testing fields, too.
Stabatha- Tarts of Doom, Obsidian
[Jan 5, 2012 6:36:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

How are the order queues? Can anyone confirm that unfinished orders didn't disappear? Are the abandoned orders still there? (That might be tricky on a sub ocean, actually. I suppose most stall owners deliver abandoned orders pretty quickly most of the time.)

And for the person who complained that there was a diary entry but not an update from a developer, please keep in mind that the diary page was done by an artist, and the poor artists don't have much to do at the moment. The programmers, on the other hand, are working their butts off and probably more than a tad stressed.

Yes, they could be communicating a bit better, and they should have made it clear to begin with that only one test ocean would be opened at first...but it should be pretty obvious why they did one ocean to start with.

And as for when the other oceans will open for testing, they probably wouldn't be able to answer that anyway. My guess would be no less than two days and probably more like a week, assuming things go relatively well. But since it depends on how long it takes for them to fix the current batch of bugs, there's no way they could give an exact answer now.

As it is, I think they rushed to get cerulean open on the day they promised; some of the issues so far were unforeseeable, but things like the missing archs on the ult lists they probably just didn't have time to get to before they opened it. Ideally they'll be able to take the time to handle things like that before they open the other two, which will reduce the number of bug reports they have to wade through.

(...Actually, they could even alternate oceans. They'll need to wipe the testing ocean several times anyway; maybe they'll alternate oceans while they're at it. The ultimate goal is not just to get the oceans working, but to get them working on the first try, to minimize both ocean downtime and petitions from people having problems as a result of the merge. So they should be doing quite a few wipes.)

/e is long-winded today. Sorry.

In summation, please try to be patient. There are a lot of things about the software which are enormously complex, and merging two oceans is hella complicated. I don't envy them the job. (Actually, I do. It sounds fun. ...I'm not entirely sane.)
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Jan 5, 2012 7:05:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

How are the order queues? Can anyone confirm that unfinished orders didn't disappear? Are the abandoned orders still there?

I can confirm that abandoned orders did not poof, and at least one of the orders in my queue had the name changed to -west.
[Jan 5, 2012 7:22:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
skiffygrrl

I honestly have no idea if I know anyone on Cerulean. And if I asked someone whom I don't know at all, I wouldn't be surprised if they told me to buzz off ;-)
Adrianalidah and variants everywhere
Gwynhwyfahr in a few places

Current avatar courtesy of a game glitch, Halloween 2008
[Jan 5, 2012 7:24:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.sff.net/people/a.gormley    skiffygrrl [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

I honestly have no idea if I know anyone on Cerulean. And if I asked someone whom I don't know at all, I wouldn't be surprised if they told me to buzz off ;-)

It's a test ocean, people don't much care. The first day, Nickbush put up a tourney with something like 8 colored familiars for first and second place. (He could probably do that another dozen times.) Actually, even on production oceans, it isn't hard to find people who will promote you to officer w/o asking after only a few pillages.
[Jan 5, 2012 7:28:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Julaxis

Nickbush was giving out free fams in the Inn to. I think something like 30 people got free fams out of sending him trade requests.

Edit: 30 is an estimate it could have been a lot more I have no idea.
Formerly Julaxis of the Viridian and Malachite Oceans
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Julaxis at Jan 5, 2012 8:05:14 PM]
[Jan 5, 2012 8:04:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mouse2cat

Adrianalidah Wrote:

Why wouldn't you simply ask if there are crews that would be open to making green ocean players officers? Of course, we would like as many players as possible testing the merge. Obviously, you wouldn't get to use your ships and items from your home ocean, but I believe that most established crews on the blue oceans have crew ships available. This would give us more options to work with others on collaborating larger testing fields, too.

haha like today :P
Crabcake on Emerald and Obsidian
Current avatar by Kolibri
[Jan 5, 2012 8:16:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.skoonberg.com [Link]  Go to top 
moonmaiden79

haha like today :P

Sure thing, all you needed to do was ask!

Adrianaliha, we get it that this isn't your ocean, but I'm sure that you will find many more of us to be accommodating rather than alienating.
Stabatha- Tarts of Doom, Obsidian
[Jan 5, 2012 8:37:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pianoman1125

Just my crazy luck. I finally grab Revered duty nav (yes, I do it way too much) and the stat won't stick once the oceans reset.

~The Maestro
Muffynz
A Cartographer

Member of Crimson Tide
YPPedia Admin
Not-so-secretly conducting the oceans since 2003.
[Jan 5, 2012 9:14:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pianoman1125    Your average cupcake is just not as tasty. [Link]  Go to top 
Reeves90

Just my crazy luck. I finally grab Revered duty nav (yes, I do it way too much) and the stat won't stick once the oceans reset.

~The Maestro

Just think, now you know how crazy close you are on the other ocean, run over and start dnaving XD
~ Reeves/Rreeves ~
[Jan 5, 2012 9:19:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Airion

I'll crew you up on Cerulean if you can find me. I'll even make you an officer, and won't care if you run around selling all our stock!

I ran a CI yesterday with no apparent issues. We thralled okay and got the usual rubbish. The only problem was that my rigger wasn't getting any tokens dropped into her puzzle, but I'm pretty sure I've encountered this bug on Midnight too. Oh, and I won an altar. So upset about that.
Don't wait for the perfect moment, take a moment and make it perfect.
[Jan 6, 2012 4:14:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
legoking1235

To be honest, I would not be surprised if we did not see the Emerald and Meridian testing oceans. We have Ice which tests everything but the new content does not go to another testing ocean where doubloons are used.

Not to attack anyone but all these excuses how you don't have anything on Cerulean ocean are just unacceptable. We, as a community, asked for this merger so I think now its time to suck it up and get over it.

If not having "stuff" there is what is pissing you off, I have set up a crew and I have no problem recruiting anyone for testing purposes.

Cephalopod greeter chats, "I think... I think I might cry"

Gaea says, "I'm in yer ship, makin typos in yer rename."

[Jan 6, 2012 5:44:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 926   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates