• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 926
Posts: 926   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 137025 times and has 925 replies Next Thread
Hazarath

Re: United Oceans Discussion Reply to this Post

OOO typically rolls out new things in the afternoon. It's only 8 AM here on the west cost.
----------------------------------------
Morbuzaan

I support PvP in sinking environments.

Cremate wrote: 
Cremate tells ye, "Anyway I have hockey to watch"

[Jan 4, 2012 7:51:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Solowing

OOO typically rolls out new things in the afternoon. It's only 8 AM here on the west cost.

Hm. That explains things. I was wondering if the merger test had begun when I had to update my client. When I didn't see anything, I checked here before creating a uselss spam thread asking when this would occur.

Makes sense too, it's 11:47 AM here on the East Coast.
Solowing
Still suck at poker.
Sage
[Jan 4, 2012 8:47:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kingporgie

The best guess for testing to start is 3pm PST, ie compertitition close time.
Would like developerers to confirm or deny this.
Also information from them of what they would like testing.
In order that this nothing (000) stage of merge is kept to a minimum, and we can get to the real fun.

Kingporgie.
[Jan 4, 2012 9:28:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chiptharip

Sorry if I missed it, but will existing characters/resources be transferred to the merged oceans? I realize no progress will be saved, but will we have the ability to blow all our funds doing stupid shiz? Or is it a "fresh" ocean in the sense that we'll have to create characters and the like?
[Jan 4, 2012 9:53:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pillyforme

Todays the day, the sun is shining, and I begin losing all my poe for fun :D
Darkoath Of Cerulean.
Semi-Retired
Tell me, would you kill to save a life?
[Jan 4, 2012 10:03:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

Everything should be transferred over to the test oceans, just as they will be when the live oceans get up and running.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Jan 4, 2012 10:10:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Randomite

Everything should be transferred over to the test oceans, just as they will be when the live oceans get up and running.

666th post is full of good reason. And Loathe.
Disengaged.

Dexade tells ye, "i m not talking to you and dont want your cookies!"
[Jan 4, 2012 12:11:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

I will be the first person to laugh until I cry if there's a colossal "oops" and progress IS saved ... and all those who went silly with poes, don't get it back.
Dexla d'Midnight
[Jan 4, 2012 1:14:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jongy5

... There's a comp..?
Musicologist : Self-proclaimed Master Minstrel mostly of Meridian

Message from Team Evil: Fine, we'll pass the petition along to Hera for you even though you're pro-Team Purple, but we refuse to be happy about it! #TeamEvilisAWESOME
[Jan 4, 2012 1:34:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

I will be the first person to laugh until I cry if there's a colossal "oops" and progress IS saved ... and all those who went silly with poes, don't get it back.

Saving progress on the test ocean would mean that progress on the production oceans would not be saved. That would be unacceptable to OOO (and most players) and I'm sure OOO would not let that happen.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Jan 4, 2012 1:36:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rowilliams

Saving progress on the test ocean would mean that progress on the production oceans would not be saved. That would be unacceptable to OOO (and most players) and I'm sure OOO would not let that happen.

Nice April fools joke if it was a little further in the year... O.o

Are you going to make a new thread for bug discussions do we discuss here or just submit them in game?
Daxyy and Daxy on Emerald
If u wanna know where I'm from look it up...
Stalker of too many forums...
And now part of the action too...
[Edit 1 times, last edit by rowilliams at Jan 4, 2012 2:11:46 PM]
[Jan 4, 2012 2:00:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Barrister

Are you going to make a new thread for bug discussions do we discuss here or just submit them in game?

Always submit bug reports in-game using /bug.
Barrister
- YPPedia Administrator
- Looterati
[Jan 4, 2012 2:31:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
harrjm

Always submit bug reports in-game using /bug.

There won't be any bugs on the test ocean. hahaha
Captain of Gods of War
King of Tyranny
Blockade madman
[Jan 4, 2012 2:53:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chiptharip

Some sort of update on the status of the test release might be an example of professionalism.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Chiptharip at Jan 4, 2012 6:18:29 PM]
[Jan 4, 2012 6:10:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ilyarus2004

Some sort of update on the status of the test release might be an example of professionalism.

QFT
Ilya on most of the oceans,
Russian on Midnight.

Hypnos tells ye, "i burn u"

Avatars by Silverransom, Domokun, Shortyjack and Tilinka!
[Jan 4, 2012 6:14:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hayden2004

yes very true
[Jan 4, 2012 6:26:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Texasborn

It's up! According to the OM.
Texasborn
Captain of Titan's Rebirth
Monarch of Golden Destiny
Tex's music box
[Jan 4, 2012 7:14:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
senorita_esp

First thing I noticed- boots, familiar, and hat were all unequipped. Not a problem, they're still right there in the booty panel, but if this is going to happen when the main oceans merge you may want some sort of "Don't panic!" warning.
Chocorose of Cerulean:
Not too cute to be a pirate.
Current avatar by Salmon

I collect avatars
[Jan 4, 2012 7:20:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Holy booched map, Batman. (I've bugged missing memmed lps already. Though in my bug report, I mentioned missing most of sapphire(including islands)...and then I noticed a second arch was missing, too. Yikes. Been too long since I've been on Midnight, clearly.)

(Portraits are also not displaying, but I assume that's intentional.)

EDIT: I thought we were supposed to be able to roommate our alts?
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by budclare2 at Jan 4, 2012 8:25:39 PM]
[Jan 4, 2012 7:30:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

It appears that cerulean is the only test ocean up...

For those that haven't logged on yet, here is the notice board news:

READ THIS!
THIS IS ONLY A TEST: This ocean is currently provided for testing purposes only. This means that any progress you make, any pieces of eight you spend, any ships you sink, anything you change or win or lose on this test ocean will be cleared before the official merge!
Where's my stuff? We took a snapshot of Midnight and Cobalt on December 31st for this test. Anything that happened after December 31st on the official oceans will not show up here, but fear not; you will not lose any property o r progress during the official merge.

Please report any bugs you find with /bug.
Please post suggestions for improvements to the forums for discussion.
This ocean will be available for a limited period of time and may frequently be taken down for updates. We apologize for the inconvenience!
Known Issue: Existing portraits are booched. We still need to migrate them over.
Thank you for helping us prepare to unite the oceans. We appreciate it!
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Jan 4, 2012 8:26:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fiddler

Here's a rough idea of the merged map, combining my mostly memorized Midnight with my halfway memorized Viridian. The X is Conglin.

Looks like the interarches will be Pearl/Jade and Onyx/Opal.
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Forum-mute: your best friend
Whitewyvern wrote: 
The only high end goals are those you set for yourself. What happens to anyone else is irrelevant.

[Jan 4, 2012 8:27:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
senorita_esp

There were tournaments posted with interocean charts. The Cobalt islands were Last Stand Hill and Sakejima, but I don't remember what the Midnight islands were.
Chocorose of Cerulean:
Not too cute to be a pirate.
Current avatar by Salmon

I collect avatars
[Jan 4, 2012 8:30:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
celiatr

More specifically Cleo Pearl to Sakejima and Boyle to Last Stand Hill according to maps posted on the tournie board
Flutie
Midnight Cerulean Ocean

April 1, 2009 on Midnight Ocean [21:22:49] Eurydice broadcasts, "Okay, Flutie, this better be good."

ROMS ~ The Subforum/Dead Thread
[Jan 4, 2012 8:31:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Let's hope Onyx and Jade doesn't connect on Virdian/Meridian. Almost makes the least populated side of Viridian even more useless. And right after a island opens there...
Captainrich
[Jan 4, 2012 8:56:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squishat

Does this still mean that Emerald and Meridian will be up for testing in the near future (no dubs) or that all testing will be done on Cerulean?
Hellogoodbye says, "Squishat - Pro rock sinker."
on Emerald

===
[Jan 4, 2012 9:13:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Does this still mean that Emerald and Meridian will be up for testing in the near future (no dubs) or that all testing will be done on Cerulean?

They're probably trying to get the worst of the bugs worked out before testing the other two. They did specifically mention testing the green oceans (setting them to subscriber temporarily), so I wouldn't worry about it.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Jan 4, 2012 9:36:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Skal

Now that there are very many more places that people could be, would it be possible to expand the /who list to at least include the number of people in other arches?

And I /bugged the missing league points as well. Though I didn't think to screenshot it. Doh!
Sadiekate
I know Tofu.
[Jan 4, 2012 9:44:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://sadiekate.deviantart.com [Link]  Go to top 
Barrister

FYI, my extinct league points (Alpha to Winter) show up just fine.
Barrister
- YPPedia Administrator
- Looterati
[Jan 4, 2012 9:53:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

It was interesting to be dockpressed and not think "How rude!"
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Jan 4, 2012 10:00:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ebon_Sol

My chart looked very much like Fiddler's, although I don't have any of Cobalt's islands yet. It seemed like it deleted everything in the third grid square from the top. I hope this is just a bug, and that our meming progress will be unaffected.
Ebonsol of the Midnight / Cerulean ocean
Senior Officer of the crew Captivated Spirits
Owner of 2 stalls: Weaving (on Guava), and Ironmonger (on Cranberry)
[Jan 4, 2012 10:39:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 926   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates