• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 926
Posts: 926   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 137744 times and has 925 replies Next Thread
kenjennings

Re: United Oceans Discussion Reply to this Post

Cobalt/Midnight: Sapphire
Hunter/Sage: Emerald
Viridian/Malachite: Peridot
Sapphire is already an archipelago on Midnight.

Regarding Viridian/Malachite, ideally I'd like to see them merged in some direct east-west fashion. If you add Malachite to the western rim of Viridian, you'd have western Jade connecting to Whiptail on Malachite (colonized with uncolonized) and the western rim of Garnet connecting to eastern Lacerta on Malachite (relatively uncolonized with colonized). I'm afraid adding Malachite to the eastern rim of Viridian would really isolate the few colonized parts of Malachite because they'd be on the farthest end of the newly merged oceans.
----------------------------------------
[removed by SOPA]
[Dec 8, 2011 4:02:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Darlieboy

Round or Flat? Reply to this Post

Will the Oceans be flat or spherical? as in, if its flat as it is now, will there be only 1 inter-arch route that connects the two oceans? Or will there be more than 1 or 2 inter-arch routes considering the world will be round.

~Darlie
~We don't stop playing because we grow old,
we grow old because we stop playing~
[Dec 8, 2011 4:05:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AraHurricane

Hunter + Sage = Viridian + Mala

They tried to combine the oceans in a way that every ocean benefited as much as possible. So the player numbers on the two new oceans should be about even with one another after the merger. It also leaves a relatively close amount of the same number of islands uncolonized on both new oceans.
Arakain the Hurricane
[Dec 8, 2011 4:06:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

I disapprove of the "rename your pirate" for 30 RM's. I am all for allowing renames for duplicate pirate names, but I don't want to have to figure out someone's "new name" if they're someone I hate. Make renaming a one-time thing that's part of this merger.
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Dec 8, 2011 4:08:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
AraHurricane

Re: Round or Flat? Reply to this Post

Will the Oceans be flat or spherical? as in, if its flat as it is now, will there be only 1 inter-arch route that connects the two oceans? Or will there be more than 1 or 2 inter-arch routes considering the world will be round.

~Darlie

I vote that idea that it should be a sphere. I think it does the most overall good for an ocean rather than isolating selected archipeligos on an ocean like Viridian where you can't connect them all without a globe.
Arakain the Hurricane
[Dec 8, 2011 4:11:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
abacadafa

I disapprove of the "rename your pirate" for 30 RM's. I am all for allowing renames for duplicate pirate names, but I don't want to have to figure out someone's "new name" if they're someone I hate. Make renaming a one-time thing that's part of this merger.

1) At 30 RM's, you're not going to see this used often.

2) This feature does not create a problem. Creating a brand new pirate with a brand new name has been available for free for years.
[Dec 8, 2011 4:12:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Inframan8

I ended up going with gemstone names for all my suggestions; Emerald was my choice for "Huntage", Diamond for "Midbalt", and Sapphire for "Viridalichite".

Just putting in my two cents,
Rizzo

Thanks Tom!
Inframan
Super Retired.
Newest!
Loathe says, "Infra is carp god."
[Dec 8, 2011 4:13:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Yeah, now that I kinda cool off, that does make sense.

Edit: Also, the alternative for "Midbalt" would be "Conight", which sounds cooler IMO.
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Stephensam at Dec 8, 2011 4:14:01 PM]
[Dec 8, 2011 4:13:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
kingnothing3

As much as I wanted a larger player base this is not the correct way to do it. All you guys had to do was market the game better. Spending years splitting servers apart and then realizing it hasnt worked so now your trying to undo it when its kinda to late.
Kingnothing

I guess it's time for you to hate me again.
Lets begin now hand me the pen.
How should I begin it and where does it all end.
My medicine ball, your in my medicine ball friends.
[Dec 8, 2011 4:13:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bugface4

Perhaps instead of the suffix East or West, We could get the name of the home ocean appended to each pirate? So there would be a BugfaceCobalt and a BugfaceMidnight? I just think it would look a lot cleaner and nicer.

Also my vote for the new Midbalt ocean is Cerulean.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Bugface4 at Dec 8, 2011 4:17:15 PM]
[Dec 8, 2011 4:16:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jolyma

People have been asking for ocean mergers for a while now, mostly so they don't have to choose leaving their ocean for a new one with more people. I think this will be a good thing.

I just wish I could opt for all of Malachite Jolyma's stuff to merge with Viridian Jolyma's stuff, and MalaJoly go poof. I won't really have a need for both Jolymas.
Jolyma

[Dec 8, 2011 4:17:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

I'd like to suggest each pirate gets a trophy to commemorate the original ocean they came from once the mergers happen.
[Dec 8, 2011 4:17:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

Yeah, now that I kinda cool off, that does make sense.

It may be expensive, but for someone who really booched the ocean, it is a hell of a lot easier than making a new pirate then building up the experience. It's easy for people to see who new alts are, much harder to figure out if the person with all the stats and trophies whose name you don't recognize is someone coming back after an absence, or someone trying to continue lazing without needing to spend the time building up a new character.

I think my idea of having mute lists auto-adjust would be a nice balance point.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Dec 8, 2011 4:20:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jinxplus1

Cobalt/Midnight: Sapphire
Hunter/Sage: Emerald
Viridian/Malachite: Peridot

That's what I went with. Not too sure about Peridot.. but couldn't think of anything better.

I nearly went with exactly the same, but then having read some of the comments I found a green stone called Fucsite and went with that for Mala/Virid.
Jinxplus

Captain of Just Because

Now flying the flag of One Step Beyond. Margaritaville. we're around here somewhere.

Randomly appearing on other oceans...
[Dec 8, 2011 4:22:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AraHurricane

Can I just say one thing? People asked for a merger for what? a year + now? NO ONE said no dont' do it, I dont' want it! now your stepping up and complaining?

now that they're actually doing something your going to complain? Will you ever be happy? Probably not. OOO only has so much money they can spend on advertising and only so many places are going to let them advertise their game without paying ridiculous prices that a independent game developer cant afford to make for a game with such a small player base as puzzle pirates.

stop complaining and actually ask some FAQ questions like the thread was intended when it was linked by the OM. You can worry about your precious dub market and familiar prices after the oceans are up. All your doing is speculating on the worst possible outcomes that could come of what is probably going to eventually end up being the best decision that OOO could have made right now for the future of Puzzle Pirates and the continuation of the game for many more years. Before this announcement i speculated Puzzle Pirates might not even survive more than a year or two. Now I seriously believe that Three Rings cares and is actually trying to do something. Sit back relax and wait till it goes wrong to complain about it because whether you like it or not the time to take a stand on it not happening was when it was first suggested by players over a year ago.
Arakain the Hurricane
[Dec 8, 2011 4:22:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jongy5

In regards to pirate renames... what if my name has already reached the maximum amount of characters:

i.e Musicologisteast or Musicologistwest is quite a mouthful

and

I'd be heartily oppossed to being renamed to Musicoloeast or Musicolowest

similar problems would befall other long-named pirates XD
Musicologist : Self-proclaimed Master Minstrel mostly of Meridian

Message from Team Evil: Fine, we'll pass the petition along to Hera for you even though you're pro-Team Purple, but we refuse to be happy about it! #TeamEvilisAWESOME
[Dec 8, 2011 4:26:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
awright

I'd like to suggest each pirate gets a trophy to commemorate the original ocean they came from once the mergers happen.

This should deffinatly happen. Huntard and proud!
-barcium

Original Huntard
[Dec 8, 2011 4:27:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

People complaining about familiar prices... your alternative is to stop playing. Then what will the price of your familiar be? 0.

I guess the alternative is to make them untradable.... but yeah. Makes me giggle.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Dec 8, 2011 4:29:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MSpartans

And it ought to be titled "Huntard" as well!
Searching for Black CI Trinks

Huntard
Aug 12, 2011
Av by Diagram
[Dec 8, 2011 4:30:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

And it ought to be titled "Huntard" as well!

Seconded!
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Dec 8, 2011 4:32:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aussiebob2

Q: The navigation portrait items are based on the percentage of the ocean that is memorized - will having achieved 99%+ stick around or will I lose the ability to hold that item? Will new trophies require many more league points to be memorized before the trophy is awarded? A: The portrait items will now be based on the new total. Old portraits are unaffected, but new ones will require full memorization of the merged ocean.

Rather than loosing the usage of the portrait item why not come up with new trophies based on the combined memorization of the super ocean.
Also in regards to future memorization those who have memorized their main ocean be given the maps for the inter ocean routes or even better be given the memorized inter-ocean route to the nearest inhabited island the added ocean
[Dec 8, 2011 4:33:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

Or the people who have one ocean memorized can offer to chart for people who don't have the other! Yay teamwork.

Edit: Yeah I misread. Interarch and interocean look similar on a skim. I don't think that those with memorized oceans should get privilege over those that don't. It should be level playing field, in my opinion.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by randomact at Dec 8, 2011 4:36:38 PM]
[Dec 8, 2011 4:35:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
awright

Also, for the names issue a good solution would be to protect established players names, and the first player to log in (or send a PM from their account with the desired pirate to an ocean master if they cannot be online for some reason) gets the name. The other would have to rename their pirate.
-barcium

Original Huntard
[Dec 8, 2011 4:36:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Granilithe

I agree, that would be a great way to commemorate the original oceans.

Trophy Addict
Granilithe of Emerald
SO of Rabbid Zombie Bunnehs
Princess of Trophy Tarts

[Dec 8, 2011 4:37:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://dreampirate21.livejournal.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Chiptharip

This really hurts smaller flags, from a blockading/political standpoint. Merging oceans in this manner only consolidates entrenched alliance webs.
[Dec 8, 2011 4:40:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
skiffygrrl

I just wish I could opt for all of Malachite Jolyma's stuff to merge with Viridian Jolyma's stuff, and MalaJoly go poof. I won't really have a need for both Jolymas.

I completely agree with what Jolyma says here; I rarely play my Malachite account anymore, yet i have over half the ocean memorized -- and all of Viridian. It would be nice to be able to "merge" the two so I don't have to redo every fleeping dang thing I did on Mala.

Regarding my Sage/Hunter accounts, my mains don't have the same name; however, when I set up my original Hunter account, I wasn't aware one could reuse the same name on another ocean, so she has a completely different name.
I'd like to merge those two as well, but who's to say. And both of those have abt 68% of their respective oceans memorized.
Adrianalidah and variants everywhere
Gwynhwyfahr in a few places

Current avatar courtesy of a game glitch, Halloween 2008
[Dec 8, 2011 4:41:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.sff.net/people/a.gormley    skiffygrrl [Link]  Go to top 
Glubbing

I hope they make the interocean route from Sage start at somewhere like Barbary, it might make the traffic spread from Admiral and actually make other islands worthwhile....

Oh and hi Hunter! This could be amusing....
Glubbing of the Emerald ocean

SO of Constrained

Royal of Vehement
[Dec 8, 2011 4:43:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Alesanaftw

This really hurts smaller flags, from a blockading/political standpoint. Merging oceans in this manner only consolidates entrenched alliance webs.

Yea but it's gonna hurt the entire game if this doesn't happen. It's like chess: sacrifices are not smiled upon but are nessecary.
Tjjsalt (Hunter and Cobalt)
All opinions I express are mine alone.

[Dec 8, 2011 4:46:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
vincent234

What about the Bundesliga, they have a wage cap if your gonna merge that with the Wage rocketing Premier league surely new regulations between the FA and Bundesliga need to come to some sort of agreement, even if thats a higher wage cap and stricter contract terms, this means miles less on agent fees.

Other then that, if you restrict blockades for one month, maybe you can keep events on, if it aint been pointed out before, events are fun and can give us the feel of the new ocean blockades. You never know.
Zola - Virdian

Peace!
[Dec 8, 2011 4:49:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
moonmaiden79

Overall I'm satisfied with the solutions provided in the FAQ. I am very glad to see that subscription model will remain in tact, (the culture variance is difficult between green and blue.)

Less than a year ago I was ready to walk away from YPP for good. I reluctantly came back due to an extraordinarily generous gift subscription. Since then I've been trying to pay that gift back by being more active on my ocean, (though I admit this has been difficult with dwindling activities to enjoy.)

I really hope that this consolidation will help boost activity and bring back some excitement to the game. I like that we won't lose all of our hard earned poe and items. And I do think that having a whole other ocean's charts to conquer it will actually make it more exciting and potentially bring back long lost players.

Thanks for taking the necessary steps to keep the oceans active! I for one will do my best to ride out all the bumps and bugs to see the final result.
Stabatha- Tarts of Doom, Obsidian
[Dec 8, 2011 4:50:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 926   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates