• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 926
Posts: 926   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 138101 times and has 925 replies Next Thread
Salttree

Re: United Oceans Discussion Reply to this Post

Will there be fields?

Edit: What about the parleys?

Edit2:

Q: Will the other ocean's flags be able to blockade our islands? When?
A: Blockades will be turned off for a month after the merge. After a month, they will again be opened up and islands will once again be available for blockade from anyone on the new ocean. Exactly how this will affect BK blockades and scuttling is still to be determined.

-------->>>>>>
If you're turning off blockades for a month, maybe there should be a freeze on island income and building.
man is that a good idea ,,, >>>> YES <<<< i'm all for that ! ! !

Renaming your pirate ?? this will kill a mute list ..... Also I was thinking, if my pirate has 4 jolly rogers, (which i'm proud of ) and I rename it ?? does he keep the jolly rogers ?? jolly rogers were to show a certian pirate's age ?? I wonder if 3 rings has thought of this ??
[Dec 10, 2011 11:58:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pillyforme

Will there be fields?

Edit: What about the parleys?

Edit2:

Q: Will the other ocean's flags be able to blockade our islands? When?
A: Blockades will be turned off for a month after the merge. After a month, they will again be opened up and islands will once again be available for blockade from anyone on the new ocean. Exactly how this will affect BK blockades and scuttling is still to be determined.

-------->>>>>>
If you're turning off blockades for a month, maybe there should be a freeze on island income and building.
man is that a good idea ,,, >>>> YES <<<< i'm all for that ! ! !

Renaming your pirate ?? this will kill a mute list ..... Also I was thinking, if my pirate has 4 jolly rogers, (which i'm proud of ) and I rename it ?? does he keep the jolly rogers ?? jolly rogers were to show a certian pirate's age ?? I wonder if 3 rings has thought of this ??

For gods sake use the edit button, I'm pretty sure i speak for everyone when I say that no one likes triple posters.
----------------------------------------
Darkoath Of Cerulean.
Semi-Retired
Tell me, would you kill to save a life?
[Dec 10, 2011 12:01:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Salttree

For gods sake use the edit button, I'm pretty sure i speak for everyone when I say that no one likes triple posters.[/quote]

I'm sure you will live,, (chuckles)
[Dec 10, 2011 12:10:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pillyforme

For gods sake use the edit button, I'm pretty sure i speak for everyone when I say that no one likes triple posters.

Oh, aren't you going to put two more posts after this one?
Darkoath Of Cerulean.
Semi-Retired
[Edit 1 times, last edit by pillyforme at Dec 10, 2011 12:16:50 PM]
[Dec 10, 2011 12:15:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Alesanaftw

For gods sake use the edit button, I'm pretty sure i speak for everyone when I say that no one likes triple posters

You're scuppering mentally deficient.
Tjjsalt (Hunter and Cobalt)
All opinions I express are mine alone.

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Bia at Dec 15, 2011 8:49:08 PM]
[Dec 10, 2011 12:16:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pillyforme

For gods sake use the edit button, I'm pretty sure i speak for everyone when I say that no one likes triple posters

You're f*cking mentally Proficient.

It's one after able, give him a break
Darkoath Of Cerulean.
Semi-Retired
[Dec 10, 2011 12:17:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

Let's keep this thread for what it was made for, yes?
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Dec 10, 2011 12:19:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pillyforme

Let's keep this thread for what it was made for, yes?

Okay.

/Sad eyes.
Darkoath Of Cerulean.
Semi-Retired
[Dec 10, 2011 12:24:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Salttree

Could we have a Trophy for everyone that had a pirate before the merger, saying which Ocean they were born on?

I would want to proudly display my "Born on Malachite" trophy on my pirate page :) That way when people say rude things to me on scary viridian and I ignore them it's because they know I grew up somewhere with manners... ;)[/quote]

Rolling in laughter .... Amen
[Dec 10, 2011 12:25:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Salttree

I wish you two knew JUST how little I cared about your Posts ( chuckles) ... this is the point in time I say , -- >. get a life <<--
[Dec 10, 2011 12:27:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

It is for the sake of keeping the thread cleaner and more, err, readable. And I guess plenty of other very good reasons.

You can simply edit your post to add more questions, the developers quite likely will read all of the posts and see your concerns anyway.
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[Dec 10, 2011 12:48:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Much of Midnight and Cobalt have enormous surpluses of labour as it is.

Due to the introduction of regular LE ships, furniture/housing, and the vast increase in sinking environments, I don't think this is the case any more. I think the current balance of the labour hours per ocean is just about right.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Dec 10, 2011 1:16:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

Due to the introduction of regular LE ships, furniture/housing, and the vast increase in sinking environments, I don't think this is the case any more. I think the current balance of the labour hours per ocean is just about right.
As an uninformed observer, I'm very surprised that this was even the case. Is there so little demand on subscriber oceans or was it a matter of a very large supply?
[removed by SOPA]
[Dec 10, 2011 1:35:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
grannygrate

Perhaps, for people with the same name on different oceans, on the same account, there could be a choice on the first time we log onto the new ocean, for which pirate we want to keep the basic name, and which one gets the suffix?

And I totally support more hearty spaces, I been have to remove people for years now. I would not like having to not be able to add in the 'new' people I am going to meet with the merger. Though 50 more spots is not that much.

Grannygrate, mainly played on Sage, but I sometimes get around.
[Dec 10, 2011 2:36:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedShadow2

As an uninformed observer, I'm very surprised that this was even the case. Is there so little demand on subscriber oceans or was it a matter of a very large supply?

There is little demand for the big ticket items (ie. bigger ships) as they are relatively useless (this may change after the merge). But plenty of people buy smaller boats, clothing, rum, shot, etc....
So yes labour is needed and is often used rather quickly.
RedShadow - Cerulean

Spot Collector! Always Willing to Buy/Trade - My List of Boats (Google Doc.)

Cerulean Boat Collectors List (Google Doc.)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by RedShadow2 at Dec 10, 2011 3:40:53 PM]
[Dec 10, 2011 3:37:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

With now the suffixes for character with the same name, does this mean that it's possible to have more letters in your pirate name now

No, the suffix adding letters is much like the merging of accounts giving you the possibility of having 6 pirates on a single account. It's a side-effect of the merger, not a change of the rules for the future.

Will it be possible to merge sub ocean to dub ocean? such as merge midnight+viridean

No.

If cades are going to be closed for a month placing shoppes should also be closed during this period.

If it wasn't for the newly opened islands I would disagree, but having 4 weeks of safety with an undeveloped island is a bit too much.

Will this be taken into consideration when my active and well develop pirate name is shared with another who has only able stats and doesn't own anything else besides maybe bedroll and rat, but was last seen less than 2 years ago. Dipping the scales so that i would get the normal name without the suffix even though my pirate is younger?

They've stated their rules for who gets the suffix and who keeps their normal name. They're not going to look into each individual pirate who thinks they're more "well developed".

I guess to address the familiar price dip question, I don't think it can change that much, because with the incoming of familiars you also have the incoming of players. Unless of course Ruffryderr decides to sell his familiar farm.

Something to keep in mind, while there will be a larger number of familiars, if you think about the future, there will actually be fewer fams being poured onto the oceans (before, it was 6 fams at a time, now it will be 3).
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Stephensam at Dec 10, 2011 5:04:28 PM]
[Dec 10, 2011 4:59:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
bronzebeard

Is it possible to have the oceans placed straight on top of one another?

From a story point of view, perhaps this other ocean was "underneath" the current ocean and that's why they've never been seen before. It's not an entirely foreign idea in pirate mythology.

That way, you could have lots of different islands from one ocean connected by routes to various corresponding islands on the ocean below. Compared to just sticking two oceans side by side and joining them up, there'd be no preference for the islands that are on the connecting routes; everywhere on both oceans is suddenly more central and a bit more compact.
Peglegpaul
Now on Obsidian!
[Edit 2 times, last edit by bronzebeard at Dec 10, 2011 5:21:00 PM]
[Dec 10, 2011 5:19:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
evarestem

Hoy!

I am excited as everyone else about the oceans merging! I see it as less division of players by removing the servers.

But I've noticed the game losing its popularity over the years ( probably due to lack of new players and current players quitting). I don't see how this merge will stop the new combined oceans from being low in numbers in the next few years to come. I don't see how merging is tackling the main problem of the game, just seems to be prolong the inevitable.

I am just wondering if OOO are planning on making more dramatic changes to the game to keep it up-to-date with its competitors. There are a lot more funner games than PP available to players now than before ( such as LoL! :D), I hope OOO plan to compete with this games and offer players more fun and action than other MMORPG.

Also, will OM's be running any events to help integration between the two oceans or just leave them to it?
Imrans of Hunter

Viktorius flag royalty chats, "well, thats pretty deep for 1st time"

Jackpot says, "i swear sometimes i think they should advertise this as a dork dating site"
[Dec 10, 2011 6:06:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Is it possible to have the oceans placed straight on top of one another?

From a story point of view, perhaps this other ocean was "underneath" the current ocean and that's why they've never been seen before. It's not an entirely foreign idea in pirate mythology.

That way, you could have lots of different islands from one ocean connected by routes to various corresponding islands on the ocean below. Compared to just sticking two oceans side by side and joining them up, there'd be no preference for the islands that are on the connecting routes; everywhere on both oceans is suddenly more central and a bit more compact.

I think they way the oceans are set-up as it is, this might be difficult and would require a greater stretching of inter-arch routes. Also, there could be issues of having rare commod spawns too close to each other. Hermes did mention that they're going to test the new map first, so clearly there's some leeway with how it's going to work precisely.

I don't see how this merge will stop the new combined oceans from being low in numbers in the next few years to come. I don't see how merging is tackling the main problem of the game, just seems to be prolong the inevitable.

We all know that merging doesn't change anything about the core-gameplay. This is just a way to buy more time for the game, give folks some more time with their favorite game before it eventually dwindles even more. This thread really isn't for core gameplay changes, it's for discussion of the merger and questions that arise as a result.
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Stephensam at Dec 10, 2011 6:11:24 PM]
[Dec 10, 2011 6:09:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Culiford

For subscription labor I'm going to guess that while the change will hurt some shopkeepers who are trading labor, the ocean as a whole will have increased labor provided. I doubt that there's enough labor trading being removed to take away the whole benefit of a 50% increase in hours for every single account.
Culliford on the Cerulean Ocean
Prince of Universe A
[Dec 10, 2011 6:18:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Alesanaftw

Hoy!

I am excited as everyone else about the oceans merging! I see it as less division of players by removing the servers.

But I've noticed the game losing its popularity over the years ( probably due to lack of new players and current players quitting). I don't see how this merge will stop the new combined oceans from being low in numbers in the next few years to come. I don't see how merging is tackling the main problem of the game, just seems to be prolong the inevitable.

I am just wondering if OOO are planning on making more dramatic changes to the game to keep it up-to-date with its competitors. There are a lot more funner games than PP available to players now than before ( such as LoL! :D), I hope OOO plan to compete with this games and offer players more fun and action than other MMORPG.

Also, will OM's be running any events to help integration between the two oceans or just leave them to it?

Preach it Lovely!
Tjjsalt (Hunter and Cobalt)
All opinions I express are mine alone.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Alesanaftw at Dec 10, 2011 6:37:34 PM]
[Dec 10, 2011 6:37:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

For subscription labor I'm going to guess that while the change will hurt some shopkeepers who are trading labor, the ocean as a whole will have increased labor provided. I doubt that there's enough labor trading being removed to take away the whole benefit of a 50% increase in hours for every single account.

Well, Culli... if you have 6 pirates on your account, you'll in future divide 48 hours between them, on one ocean.

I suppose, shopkeepers who traded labor before, will have to rethink that strategy. Especially those who pay 1/1/1. I know, that I won't trade anymore (not that that has much worked for me. they always went dormant and dropped off), but rather gather all my alts into my own shoppes and stalls. I'm pretty sure, others will do the same.

All in all, I believe OOO is doing a good thing. The forum posters asked for it, got it and now they're whining. But that's not surprising, rather typical.

It'll be a brandnew ocean (times 3). Personally, I love I can keep my "stuff", but I would have preferred to have stats etc. start anew. That includes memming. I know, especially on Midnight there are the "old" discontinued routes and old pirates would probably scoff at that. But, it's a NEW ocean.

If memming wasn't an issue, the devs might have more freedom with the way the arches connect. Maybe the maps didn't have to be knitted together at 2 crosspoints. Maybe they could take the different arches and put them together in a different cohesive new-one-ocean way.... Alas, it seems to be too late for that...

Let's all look forward to ONE ocean, not to them and us, whoever them or us would be. And let's rebuild a cohesive society.

BTW, I've voted ROYAL (blue) for Midblat :)
Windwench
Hags of the Wicked Winds, Cerulean
Collecting Hake & Hagfish
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HS on Viri:
Captain shouts, for heaven's sake, don't leave th :P
Jobber says, you don't hear that yelled too often
[Edit 1 times, last edit by RedSeaWitch at Dec 10, 2011 6:51:19 PM]
[Dec 10, 2011 6:50:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
Culiford

Well, Culli... if you have 6 pirates on your account, you'll in future divide 48 hours between them, on one ocean.

Yeah, I wasn't super clear there, my point is basically that most subscribers are only using labor on one ocean and wouldn't be changing that habit, so this is a 50% increase in labor hours for all of them, which is likely greater than the loss for those who do consistently trade labor.
Culliford on the Cerulean Ocean
Prince of Universe A
[Dec 10, 2011 7:09:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

In order for a pirate to be "active', do you have to log on to it, or just the account? That is, to make sure all my pirates have the best chance of keeping their name, do I have to log onto every pirate on every account on every ocean?
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Dec 10, 2011 8:12:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
skiffygrrl

Arakain wrote:

There are VERY VERY few players that take the time to start out and spend any relative time with the navy anymore. Its not intended that a new player spends more than the first few puzzle learning sessions with the navy unless they want the Navy Ranks and free clothing.

Sez you. :-P

Twice on Malachite (with alts) and once on Sage, I worked the navy to get my stats up for starting crews.

On Mala, it was so I wouldn't have to play musical crews with my existing pirate. Once was to start a forage crew, once was to start an alt float crew.

On Sage, it was to start a forage crew, without going through the hassles of joining a pillage crew and working to get stats up there, as I never intended to do anything but forage on Sage (except maybe memorize it).

On Mala, the float crew and the forage crew were deliberately kept separate, with the forage crew going nowhere near the islands that my flag there was cading.
Adrianalidah and variants everywhere
Gwynhwyfahr in a few places

Current avatar courtesy of a game glitch, Halloween 2008
[Edit 1 times, last edit by skiffygrrl at Dec 10, 2011 9:14:49 PM]
[Dec 10, 2011 9:14:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.sff.net/people/a.gormley    skiffygrrl [Link]  Go to top 
Pixelled

So... am I going to be able to use portraits taken by Mala Evilduck on Viridian Evilduck?

Unless they're changing the names used in your portrait (by adding the suffix), you'll be able to use the portraits on either Evilduck pirate
Cinquains on Emerald
Oriental on Meridian

[Dec 11, 2011 1:08:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://attackker.wordpress.com [Link]  Go to top 
Robyand

I don't know if this was asked before but if for example pirate A hacks pirate B, then pirate A changes the name to C, will the hacker get cought?
[Dec 11, 2011 1:38:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bobdonnell

I don't know if this was asked before but if for example pirate A hacks pirate B, then pirate A changes the name to C, will the hacker get cought?

Well they should be able to track the name change in the logs so it should make no difference.
Avatar by the Beautiful Velternal <3

Vsmeifudare says, "hi"
Nightwishtwo says, "drop dead"
[Dec 11, 2011 1:54:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Slimybilly

Downtime

for the sever merges how long of a downtime is ypp expecting is it going to be like a 10 min or something more lenghty such as several hours..

I think its just something alot of us are wondering mostly for us who play Puzzle Pirates ALOT
[Dec 11, 2011 2:53:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Alski70

So... has everyone decided which S.M.A they are going to join then ? S.M.A. East or S.M.A. West ? YOU KNOW ITS GONNA HAPPEN!!!
[Dec 11, 2011 4:07:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 926   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates