• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 926
Posts: 926   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 137746 times and has 925 replies Next Thread
Greyhavens

Re: United Oceans Discussion Reply to this Post

That's silly, what if a pirate say Woodenleg logs on after the 6 months since they are firmly retired?

if they are firmly retired, why would they log on or care?
----------------------------------------
Cirdan of Silver Dreams
Trinket Junkie of Hunter Emerald

[Dec 8, 2011 3:31:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
riku743

I don't agree with the pirate rename ability open for everyone. I would recommend it only be for those who have the suffix. It seems like having it open for everyone would cause confusion and could be exploited in the social puzzle.

agree+++

maybe make it a temporary Rogue mark shoppe addition that is only usable by any pirate with the suffix, and only leave the option available for a set period (6 months, perhaps).

That's silly, what if a pirate say Woodenleg logs on after the 6 months since they are firmly retired?

flawed logic

Then they probably wouldn't mind being named Woodenleg-East, since they are firmly retired. I don't think there's really a need for the option to go away after 6 months, though.
Nil used to play Mala.
Lurking on the forums.
[Dec 8, 2011 3:32:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AraHurricane

Will there be any way for the players of the oceans to vote as to where the interoceanic routes will be placed on the oceans? Obviously for a Viridian to Mala merge there is going to be at least one arch on Viridian that is going to get the short end of the stick for an Interoceanic pillage route. I think as players we might like a vote in which arch(s) wont get an Interoceanic Route.

How long will the new Interoceanic routes be? I'd like to see red routes with a harder difficulty and higher pillage pay outs with longer than Interarch length but thats just my opinion.
Arakain the Hurricane
[Edit 1 times, last edit by AraHurricane at Dec 8, 2011 3:35:02 PM]
[Dec 8, 2011 3:32:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zeinasway

Regarding labor on subscription oceans:

Right now for each subscribed account I get 36 hours of labor per day on Cobalt plus 36 hours of labor per day on Midnight = 72 hours of labor per day.

If Cobalt and Midnight are merged will I get 72 hours of labor per day per account on the combined ocean? Or will I only get half the labor that I currently get for the same subscription price?
Ryujin says, "zeina = 3 gunner... she + allitara = guns full"
[Dec 8, 2011 3:33:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Amyrosee

Ok so for the pirate names , Just because someone's account have been older then mine give him the advantage to keep his name while i get my name changed .

And with what shawe said i 100% agree.
Amyrosee
Sage ocean now to be Emerald.

Hera says, "Amyrosee = SCARY"
[Dec 8, 2011 3:34:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Anchorz

what if i am a manager on a stall that is not my main ocean and if the merge occurs will my main pirate be the manager?
[Dec 8, 2011 3:35:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forumrizzo

I ended up going with gemstone names for all my suggestions; Emerald was my choice for "Huntage", Diamond for "Midbalt", and Sapphire for "Viridalichite".

Just putting in my two cents,
Rizzo
Tomrizzo
Serendipity, Rebel Rousers
Emerald
[Dec 8, 2011 3:35:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zava

Re: Woohoo! Reply to this Post

This is fantastic news! Thank you thank you thank you. Very exited to see how things play out everywhere.
Zava, Obsidian & Sage.
Vodoodude tells ye, "wow yer a life saver"
[Dec 8, 2011 3:36:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZavaIsALifesaver/ [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

How long will the new Interoceanic routes be? I'd like to see red routes with a harder difficulty and higher pillage pay outs with longer than Interarch length but thats just my opinion.
I like this.
[removed by SOPA]
[Dec 8, 2011 3:37:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pillyforme

Diamond for "Midbalt"

Hell No. Obsidian is the way to go.
Darkoath Of Cerulean.
Semi-Retired
Tell me, would you kill to save a life?
[Dec 8, 2011 3:37:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
firehawk000

Q: What happens with outstanding Doubloon Exchange offers at the time of merge? A: All doubloon and PoE offers will be cleared before the oceans are merged.

Does that mean someone can just come up and screw the dub prices, or will the OMs do something about it?
Raedas on Sage

Raedas flag officer chats, "we don't need to tell the whole flag how big i am"
Soeny flag officer chats, "Not just big"
Soeny flag officer chats, "HUGE"

[Dec 8, 2011 3:40:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
reesyann

Diamond for "Midbalt"

Hell No. Obsidian is the way to go.

Hell NO! It still should be some thing blue.
Reddythered tells you "you idiot"

Thank you! I love it.
[Dec 8, 2011 3:41:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Onelegstan

So anyone from virid can buy 30mill of dubs now for example. Move to mala and get 45 mill+ for them. Leave it in Poe then wait till the new ocean and have made 15mill from nothing. Let alone if they buy loads of coloured fams for like 2poe each or whatever retarded price they are there now? This means people can become twice as rich instantly?
Martyhur on Emerald
Marty on Obsidian
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Onelegstan at Dec 8, 2011 3:43:54 PM]
[Dec 8, 2011 3:41:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AraHurricane

So anyone from virid can buy 30mill of dubs now for example. Move to mala and get 45 mill+ for them. Leave it in Poe then wait till the new ocean and have made 15mill from nothing. Let alone if they buy loads of coloured fams for like 2poe each or whatever retarded price they are there now? This means people can become twice as rich instantly?

No because the mala dub market already crashed to even with Viridian. Unless someone already did it your stuck with the same amount of poe you had.
Arakain the Hurricane
[Dec 8, 2011 3:44:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

I'm wondering how long the inter-ocean routes are going to be, and if there will be any waypoint islands along the way-- either isolated outpost level islands, or even possibly small mini-arches with 2-4 islands. And/or if the cost of swabbying is going to change, given what the cost of going completely across the new ocean will be like.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Dec 8, 2011 3:45:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Onelegstan

They could still buy fans mega cheap?
Martyhur on Emerald
Marty on Obsidian
[Dec 8, 2011 3:45:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

Clearly not anymore now that the plans have been announced.
[removed by SOPA]
[Dec 8, 2011 3:48:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PMega

All in favour of renaming Viridian/Malachite to Viridian?

Aye.

Also, maybe people who are complaining should consider the overall benefit to the playerbase rather than whatever petty economic losses they'll personally suffer.
Travidar on the Viridian Ocean
Author of Puzzled Pirates
[Dec 8, 2011 3:49:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
haz105

As a Malachite pirate who doesn't post on this, I just thought I'd have my say in the matter, haha.

My feelings are rather neutral towards the ocean merger (cause my activity levels will probably be decreasing towards the start of the year anyways), as it does have its advantages but I know for a fact that one of the reasons that people play on Malachite is because that it is a small ocean where everybody is familiar with each other, therefore that sort of defeats the whole "community" feel of Malachite, no?

I definitely think it has positives though, such as the increased amount of islands that Mala has been anticipating for a while. Having said this though, as many come on Mala for it's size (which a lot of us do); won't making a huge ocean just defeat the point of the ocean for a large proportion of us?

I do think the ocean merger could be a positive, I just believe that the decision is rather sudden and hasn't been thought through as well as I'd have expected.
Alena on Malachite <3
[Dec 8, 2011 3:50:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

Cobalt/Midnight: Sapphire
Hunter/Sage: Emerald
Viridian/Malachite: Peridot

That's what I went with. Not too sure about Peridot.. but couldn't think of anything better.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Dec 8, 2011 3:50:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wuppypuppy2

1. I don't want my loyalties tested. I like my crewbies on Viridian, but Malachite will come first, and I do not want to lose them to a prior commitment.
2. I don't want to be crushed by Viridian. My crew is number 6, and it'll be number 300 after the merge (approximately).
3. I don't want to be discriminated against. Being from Malachite is cool on Malachite, but some people on Viridian can be complete jerks about it.
4. I LOVE MALACHITE JUST THE WAY IT IS. I love my crew, number 6 in the ocean, even though it's relatively small for Viridian. I love the Saltstraum Rock Inn, even though it's sometimes empty, although it is the most popular one on the ocean. I love being heard and known, having about a tenth of the online ocean on my hearty list, and being a member of that little ocean.

It's not too late to reverse this xD
Wayfarer of Meridian
Escapist artist
[Dec 8, 2011 3:50:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
senorita_esp

I'm guessing a lot of people will hold off on selling familiars until the merge is done now.
Chocorose of Cerulean:
Not too cute to be a pirate.
Current avatar by Salmon

I collect avatars
[Dec 8, 2011 3:51:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MSpartans

I ended up going with gemstone names for all my suggestions; Emerald was my choice for "Huntage", Diamond for "Midbalt", and Sapphire for "Viridalichite".

Just putting in my two cents,
Rizzo

Gneiss is a type of rock...that's close...
Searching for Black CI Trinks

Huntard
Aug 12, 2011
Av by Diagram
[Dec 8, 2011 3:54:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

Cobalt/Midnight: Sapphire
Hunter/Sage: Emerald
Viridian/Malachite: Peridot

That's what I went with. Not too sure about Peridot.. but couldn't think of anything better.

I went with Chrysoprase for Viridite. I had thought of Jasper first, but jasper comes in too many colors. Did go with Sapphire for Midalt, though I like Turquoise as well.
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Dec 8, 2011 3:57:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yngve6

Out of all the oceans it had to be Viridian? ><
Inghild on Meridian
Yngve on Emerald
[Dec 8, 2011 3:57:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wuppypuppy2

EXACTLY.

My name for it:
Meridian
Because it's a word, and it's appropriate.

They probably won't take my suggestion, though, due to my irate comment in the Hunter/Sage name box, since I don't care too much about that one.
Wayfarer of Meridian
Escapist artist
[Dec 8, 2011 4:00:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Teet11

Where will the oceans be connected? A map of them being connected would be nice :D
Teet- Hunter ocean!
Captain- Defiant Existance
Wanna know something?? Read a book.

[Dec 8, 2011 4:00:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

Makes the most sense. It balances the population levels better than adding either Sage or Hunter to Viridian, and at least in theory, your combined doubloon market should be near where our combined doubloon market ends up.
[Dec 8, 2011 4:01:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

You guys can always come hang out on Emerald.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Dec 8, 2011 4:02:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Onelegstan

Why don't they make the map a globe, so top joins to top bottom to bottom left to right right to left. This would make any inscribe arches more active making it a lot easier to move around.

Globe ftw.
Martyhur on Emerald
Marty on Obsidian
[Dec 8, 2011 4:02:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 926   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates