• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 926
Posts: 926   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 137793 times and has 925 replies Next Thread
Jedra

Re: United Oceans Discussion Reply to this Post

This may have already been suggested but I can't be bothered to read through 10 pages of posts...

Could we have a Trophy for everyone that had a pirate before the merger, saying which Ocean they were born on?

I would want to proudly display my "Born on Malachite" trophy on my pirate page :) That way when people say rude things to me on scary viridian and I ignore them it's because they know I grew up somewhere with manners... ;)
----------------------------------------
Kaine, the Dreamer

Former King of Sick Man's Dream
Former Royal of Fill in the Blank
Former Royal of Utopia

Former Captain (any every rank below) of Wicked

Current drunken bum who occasionally posts when he's bored.
[Dec 10, 2011 2:38:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Could we have a Trophy for everyone that had a pirate before the merger, saying which Ocean they were born on?

Yes, it's been suggested a couple times and endorsed a few times as well.
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Dec 10, 2011 3:13:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Boochx

Historical. So glad I'll be around for it. :) Hope you can pull this off good, ooo.
OOCHBOOCH. Huntard.
EMERALD.

[Dec 10, 2011 4:26:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kittenvonzoo

so that means example hunter/sage all the islands from both oceans will be put into 1?
Awesome Avatar By Controversy? cholera? Make up your mind Women!
[Dec 10, 2011 4:36:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

Ugh. This isn't probably that much of an importance but can we suggest new names more than once?
I guess nothing is stopping us but I'd rather not send in 69 suggestions if that's not exactly what you want from us.

I realized yesterday that merging the oceans will give me a better chance to find those precious eggs I'm after...watch out Hunter ^^.
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[Dec 10, 2011 4:47:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Boochx

I realized yesterday that merging the oceans will give me a better chance to find those precious eggs I'm after...watch out Hunter ^^.

Oh egg battle again. You got some excellent competition over here: Tomrizzo and Justjames. :o

Edit :

I'm a bit confused with the pirate names, so if I have Ooch on Hunter and Ooch on Sage, it will become Ooch-West and Ooch-East?
1. Then I get to rename both of them, yes?
2. Will I be able to rename my main-ocean pirate to just Ooch again if I change the alt-ocean pirate name completely?
OOCHBOOCH. Huntard.
EMERALD.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Boochx at Dec 10, 2011 4:58:33 AM]
[Dec 10, 2011 4:55:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stayclassy

With now the suffixes for character with the same name, does this mean that it's possible to have more letters in your pirate name now
Nopolitics
[Dec 10, 2011 5:03:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

Oh egg battle again. You got some excellent competition over here: Tomrizzo and Justjames. :o

Ah, should've been more clear: ...will give me a better chance to find those eggs that I am missing from my collection on Sage currently...watch out Hunter^^.

This 'west' and 'east' thingy...makes me think about gangs :P Any chance to have something else?
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[Dec 10, 2011 5:09:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ladyfatfrog

Will it be possible to merge sub ocean to dub ocean? such as merge midnight+viridean
[Dec 10, 2011 5:09:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

As long as we're on the topic of making changes though. I'd like to see higher requirements to create a crew. Maybe Solid instead? Its still relatively easy and gives a player looking to create a crew more time to learn the game before trying to teach other players. (just an opinion though.)

I think you would get the effect you're looking for better by putting in a skill requirement for posting job offers on the notice board, since that's where the real problem lies. There's a thread on this somewhere; the best suggestion IMO was requiring distinguished bnav or beating a revised "battle brigands with the navy" mission first.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Dec 10, 2011 5:22:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

I'm a bit confused with the pirate names, so if I have Ooch on Hunter and Ooch on Sage, it will become Ooch-West and Ooch-East?

No. You will end up with Ooch and Ooch-east, assuming that you started on Sage and we end up with the a configuration that almost everyone who's mentioned it has asked for. Ooch-east will have the option of a free rename, but Ooch will not.

If you started on Hunter but we get the configuration we want, you will end up with Ooch and Ooch-west.
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Dec 10, 2011 5:27:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Momma_Wolf

Q: If I have more than three pirates on my subscriber account, how much labor will I get per day?
A: We will increase the amount of labor to 48 hours per day for all subscribed accounts on the Midnight/Cobalt ocean, regardless of how many pirates you have.

If I am reading this correctly, it means subbed accounts will now have 24 hours LESS per day? We already have labor shortages on both Midnight and Cobalt, how is this "helping" us ?
Mommawolf, lurking on most oceans
Captain, Blackwolf Marauders of Midnight, now Cerulean
Queen, Victory Raiders of Midnight, now Cerulean

cmdrzoom said:

Anyone may demand answers of the gods.
Getting them is another matter.

[Dec 10, 2011 6:27:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedShadow2

Q: If I have more than three pirates on my subscriber account, how much labor will I get per day?
A: We will increase the amount of labor to 48 hours per day for all subscribed accounts on the Midnight/Cobalt ocean, regardless of how many pirates you have.

If I am reading this correctly, it means subbed accounts will now have 24 hours LESS per day? We already have labor shortages on both Midnight and Cobalt, how is this "helping" us ?

We technically only have 36hrs per account.
Although for those people who do "Labour Exchanges" with pirates on the other Sub Ocean, yes this would mean 24hrs less.

On another note, you stated (somewhere)

Hermes Wrote:

Q: Can we reuse one of the current ocean names for our new merged ocean?
A: We're not planning to reuse any of the current ocean names.

Would this apply to 'Azure' as well, I only ask as it seems to be a leading name suggestion on the Midnight Parley Thread.
RedShadow - Cerulean

Spot Collector! Always Willing to Buy/Trade - My List of Boats (Google Doc.)

Cerulean Boat Collectors List (Google Doc.)
[Dec 10, 2011 6:49:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

You're assuming that everyone who subs works on both oceans. It decreases overall labor if you play both oceans, but increases it if you only play one.

Now, I don't know if that is going to help any, since I have no clue how many people stay active on both oceans as opposed to only one. But it's a consideration, at least.
[Dec 10, 2011 7:33:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
b8c02

First off I think it's really good that OOO are doing something to help keep the game alive.

Secondly, I know that this has been mentioned already but I think it's important so I'm putting my support behind this suggestion.

If cades are going to be closed for a month placing shoppes should also be closed during this period.

4 weeks and 8 shoppes of uncontested island owning is too good of a deal for winning a blockade the weekend before the merge.
Flar
S.O. of Cruentus Morpheus
King of RM
[Dec 10, 2011 7:54:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jezzebel

Will it be possible to merge sub ocean to dub ocean? such as merge midnight+viridean

I don't see how this could possibly work, given the differences in payment types and the economies, unless you're suggesting merging them and then changing both to the same payment type.
Redjenny, Now merged with Health Nutz
Thebloggess wrote: 
A hug is like a strangle you haven't finished yet!

[Dec 10, 2011 8:10:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
false_dmitri

How will /tell work with -East and -West names?
On hiatus. :(
[Dec 10, 2011 8:17:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pomfret

You're assuming that everyone who subs works on both oceans. It decreases overall labor if you play both oceans, but increases it if you only play one.

More likely people play mainly on one ocean, and log in once a week on the other to keep labor active there. How many I don't know. Then again, where's the fun for shopkeepers if it doesn't stir the economy a bit?
Pomfret of Midnight Cerulean and Most Oceans
Except when I am Scroogie or somebody else

Stupid merger made me change my signature...
[Dec 10, 2011 8:20:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

How will /tell work with -East and -West names?

/tell Quitex
/tell Quitexwest
/tell Quitexeast
Quitex, everywhere, mainly Ice.
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 
Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[Dec 10, 2011 8:25:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ciforum

Will this be taken into consideration when my active and well develop pirate name is shared with another who has only able stats and doesn't own anything else besides maybe bedroll and rat, but was last seen less than 2 years ago. Dipping the scales so that i would get the normal name without the suffix even though my pirate is younger?
Emerald: Ala
Meridian: Home
(Hunter: Ci ...formerly)
[Dec 10, 2011 8:44:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pillyforme

Why'd you tell us so soon, now we have to wait a few weeks! I psyched btw
Darkoath Of Cerulean.
Semi-Retired
Tell me, would you kill to save a life?
[Dec 10, 2011 8:48:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zeinasway

Changing labor to 48 hours per day per pirate on only one ocean is a decrease no matter how you look at it.

Currently if your pirate is at least 2 years old you can buy a 12 month subscription for $50 US and you get 36 hours of labor on Cobalt per day plus 36 hours of labor on Midnight per day = 72 hours per day. How and where (and whether) you use that labor is up to you, but you DO have it if you purchase a subscription.

72 hours per day times 365 days per year = 26,280 hours per subscription.

48 hours per day times 365 days per year = 17,520 hours per subscription.

So OOO is asking me to keep paying $50 per year to get 8,760 fewer hours of labor per year.
Ryujin says, "zeina = 3 gunner... she + allitara = guns full"
[Dec 10, 2011 9:12:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

Changing labor to 48 hours per day per pirate on only one ocean is a decrease no matter how you look at it.

Currently if your pirate is at least 2 years old you can buy a 12 month subscription for $50 US and you get 36 hours of labor on Cobalt per day plus 36 hours of labor on Midnight per day = 72 hours per day. How and where (and whether) you use that labor is up to you, but you DO have it if you purchase a subscription.

72 hours per day times 365 days per year = 26,280 hours per subscription.

48 hours per day times 365 days per year = 17,520 hours per subscription.

So OOO is asking me to keep paying $50 per year to get 8,760 fewer hours of labor per year.

It is only a decrease to those who labour "trade" on both Midnight and Cobalt - the vast majority do not therefore this is an increase in hours. No con, no actual decrease because the labour you receive is designed around you playing 1 ocean only.

48 hours is fair in my eyes, thank you kindly OOO for taking the sub oceans into consideration when looking at the labour requirements.
Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!
Dignity - Emerald

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by mari_ at Dec 10, 2011 9:19:46 AM]
[Dec 10, 2011 9:19:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

I'm sure if it eventuates that 48 hours is not enough labor, they will look at upping it further.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Dec 10, 2011 9:29:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stamkos3

I guess to address the familiar price dip question, I don't think it can change that much, because with the incoming of familiars you also have the incoming of players. Unless of course Ruffryderr decides to sell his familiar farm.

I think it is a great thing that OOO is actually taking action to try and save this game, and I know for me personally I will take my suspenders off of the shelf, so to speak, and try to play more. It will completely make things more interesting, to be sure.
http://viridian.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/pirate.wm?target=Stamkos
[Dec 10, 2011 9:50:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bekkyjo

I completely agree with the opinion to expand hearty lists. Mine's maxed, but I have quite a few friends on Sage too. Also, I strongly agree that only people with suffixs added to their names should be able to change their name. It would be too confusing otherwise with everyone else getting their names changed. There'd also be an issue with people trying to claim the names of perhaps more famous members of the community. Although I currently like the population of my ocean, I think this is overall a positive idea. Someone mentioned earlier that we should be awarded trophies stating which oceans we came from after the merge, which I think would be fantastic. ^_^ Also, I disagree with the individual who stated that trophies such as the #1 trophies should be reset. I worked hard for my #1 trophies, I wouldn't want them to be taken away from me simply because there will be more pirates with Ultimate standings after the merge. :\

I don't really have any other concerns regarding this topic. Glad to see OOO are doing something to keep us alive - I honestly didn't see much of a future for Y!PP otherwise. :)
.oOo. Bekkyjo on the Hunter Ocean .oOo.
---> The news begins with good morning. Then they proceed to tell you why it's not. <---
"I often think that the night is more alive and more richly coloured than the day."
~Vincent Van Gogh
[Dec 10, 2011 9:57:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Alesanaftw

so that means example hunter/sage all the islands from both oceans will be put into 1?

So this means lrn2read?
Tjjsalt (Hunter and Cobalt)
All opinions I express are mine alone.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Alesanaftw at Dec 10, 2011 11:40:16 AM]
[Dec 10, 2011 10:10:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ponytailguy

[numbers go here]

So here's your problem: why should you be entitled to thousands and thousands of hours of labour per year? Much of Midnight and Cobalt have enormous surpluses of labour as it is.

Okay, fine, the change puts you at a disadvantage. But it puts every other shoppekeeper at an equivalent disadvantage, and there's absolutely no lore or gameplay-driven reason why you ought to have any given specific number of labour hours. So long as the playing field's equal, you're no more entitled to have 5000 hours per account per year than you would be to have 50 than you would be to have 5 million. (50 and 5 million would break the economy, mind you--but that's a valid gameplay reason, which is a bit weightier than "because I'm used to having more hours".)
The Ghost of Oceans Past
[Edit 2 times, last edit by ponytailguy at Dec 10, 2011 11:04:45 AM]
[Dec 10, 2011 10:46:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Salttree

I don't suppose that there will be any way to have your mute list automatically update if someone on your list gets a rename?

my question is this, i my pirate has 4 jolly rogers, and i rename it ? does he keep the jolly rogers ??
[Dec 10, 2011 11:29:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Salttree

Will there be fields?

Edit: What about the parleys?

Edit2:

Q: Will the other ocean's flags be able to blockade our islands? When?
A: Blockades will be turned off for a month after the merge. After a month, they will again be opened up and islands will once again be available for blockade from anyone on the new ocean. Exactly how this will affect BK blockades and scuttling is still to be determined.

-------->>>>>>
If you're turning off blockades for a month, maybe there should be a freeze on island income and building.

<<<< ------- man is that a good idea ,,, >>>> YES <<<< i'm all for that ! ! !
[Dec 10, 2011 11:55:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 926   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates