• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 926
Posts: 926   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 137725 times and has 925 replies Next Thread
Stephensam

Re: United Oceans Discussion Reply to this Post

I am Kimmy on Midnight and have done so much as her and do not want to change her name. There is, however, a Kimmy on Cobalt with no stats/no pics/and I don't know if she was around first or not.

Well, this was answered. If the pirate is indeed older than Kimmy of Midnight, provided they haven't logged on in the last 2 years (which considering I don't see any "Sixth Order Jolly Rogers" on their page) you're safe.
----------------------------------------
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Dec 8, 2011 9:11:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

My merge proposal. Red routes indicate new inter-ocean routes.

Quitex, everywhere, mainly Ice.
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 
Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[Dec 8, 2011 9:30:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aloyicious

Well. This will be interesting.

Edit: I don't agree with the pirate rename ability open for everyone. I would recommend it only be for those who have the suffix. It seems like having it open for everyone would cause confusion and could be exploited in the social puzzle.

But - what if the wrong pirate gets renamed? I started on Hunter, but now play almost exclusively on Sage. The pirate I don't play will keep the name, and the one I play all the time will get renamed - But I can't name it back without renaming the old pirate something else.

See the problem...
Lillythanne, Aloyicious, and Suzysunshine - mostly on Emerald

Other oceans by request...

and yes - that is my bike...
[Dec 8, 2011 9:38:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

Then you read the Q&A better.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Dec 8, 2011 9:40:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wasa20

I am not sure if this point has been brought up before or not, so if it has been forgive me :)
During the one month where blockading will be suspended, can we get the ability to build on islands to be frozen as there are many opportunists on all oceans who'd sieze an isle before the merger to be able to build easily 8+ shoppes in a month for quick money. Thanks

P.S. I do agree we should have commemorative trophy/trinket indicating our original ocean :)
Wasa on Sage
[Dec 8, 2011 9:49:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
5thousand

This is much better than that other guy. :P But instead of not knowing about Sage I know nothing about Hunter. So it could be bad for Hunter.
Jeremiah of Obsidian

Fivethousand of Emerald and Meridian

[Dec 8, 2011 9:52:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Morgarth

For all of you who are worried about merged pirates (same name) - there is a fairly simple fix you can do.

We're going to be told when the merge happens.
The day or whatever before, simply transfer your assorted "wordly" goods to another pirate (alt greenie if you have no other option).
Delete the pirate you don't care about in your merged environment.
Your "oldest" in use pirate will keep the name.
Transfer your deleted pirate's goods to your main pirate.

The only issue really is going to be housing.
If you have housing on two (about to be merged) oceans, it would be nice if there was a one time (HEY - OOO - pay attention) chance to transfer house ownership between pirates.

Jacobey
[Dec 8, 2011 10:21:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JSChromeboy

Question: I personally own a pirate named Asheme on both oceans under the same account. Who is to be given priority there as there can't be two ashemes on the ocean?

And if I have no rogue marks to rename one or the other?

Just curious about that fact.
Asheme - Malachite/Viridian Oceans - (2009 - 2011)
Mastorakis - Meridian Ocean - (2013 - present) that is all.....
[Dec 8, 2011 10:48:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

I would tell you to read the Q&A but people don't seem to be doing too well at that.

The pirate you made first will have the Asheme name. The more recent one will gain "east" or "west" onto their name. A pirate that has their name changed can alter their name for no cost after the merge.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Dec 8, 2011 10:52:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
taelia

If Cobalt and Midnight are merged will I get 72 hours of labor per day per account on the combined ocean? Or will I only get half the labor that I currently get for the same subscription price?

This has been mentioned twice in the thread and its something my shop keeping hearties (with shops on both oceans) have asked me too. I am hoping you are able to answer it. Thank you.
Ryanne.

Buying:

Kraken Blood 11k, anywhere on the Midnight side of Cerulean.
Furniture in LE colors (spring green, ice blue, wine, banana, plum etc) - 10k each unless its a large piece of furniture, send me a tell.
Black CI trink
[Edit 1 times, last edit by taelia at Dec 8, 2011 11:10:00 PM]
[Dec 8, 2011 10:55:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pauling

Will there be only one route between oceans, or many?

(aka, will there be anything special about the journey between oceans? Or is this just a bigger world map?)
Pauling of the Lost Lot, Sagemerald
Officer emeritus and occasional cabin person
Puppetar (and drawing of secret Blackthorpe plans) by the talented Tilinka
[Dec 8, 2011 11:14:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lylax

Midnight's getting a population boost? I may just have to hoist the mainsail once more!
Drink up, me Hearties, Yo-Ho!

I go by Lylax on Midnight, and Lylax on Ice.
[Dec 8, 2011 11:51:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pixelled

Hate and love this merge, I'm keen to see what happens when the oceans do finally join.

Will there be any changes to memming after this merge? Since memming two oceans from scratch will take incredibly long, could the requirements for memming a league point be nerfed from 2-8, to something more practical like 2-4?

Another idea could be to change the way charts are used, since at the moment, charts don't play much of a part in the economy.. just a thought.
Cinquains on Emerald
Oriental on Meridian

[Dec 9, 2011 12:45:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://attackker.wordpress.com [Link]  Go to top 
david_35uk

will dormant accounts that hasnt been logged in for over 2 years be removed from crew pages. the crew dormant lists are so long now
[Dec 9, 2011 12:45:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

will dormant accounts that hasnt been logged in for over 2 years be removed from crew pages. the crew dormant lists are so long now

No. This has nothing to do with the ocean mergers.
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Dec 9, 2011 2:11:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
cemalemdar

For those who are so thankful to OOO for doing this;

Do you ever think about why did they create Cobalt in the first place? what was the damn point ? Or having 4-5 dub oceans?

So now they are just doing whats need to be done, about 5 years late. No need to make it a big deal.
[Dec 9, 2011 2:23:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

This is much better than that other guy. :P But instead of not knowing about Sage I know nothing about Hunter. So it could be bad for Hunter.

No, that's about as good as Hunter can get. Hunter needs more action on its western end, where the connections are.

My concern is that the inter-ocean routes seem short and frequent. While I think that having more than one route between oceans is important, I would skip the route from Sayers and probably the one from Manu. I would also probably add one up north near Qaniit, adding a new archipelago in if there isn't anything like it on the Sage side. I might also stretch out the routes I didn't scratch so that they're longer than four LPs-- maybe seven or so.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by xelto at Dec 9, 2011 2:41:32 AM]
[Dec 9, 2011 2:41:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tyley

All in favour of renaming Viridian/Malachite to Viridian?

seepnah that is exactly what i said lol
prince of MMW
[Dec 9, 2011 2:49:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
flewors

Have the merged ocean maps been decided on already? If not then I would much rather see Hunter on the east of the Hunter/Sage ocean with the connection to Sage around Alkaid Island.

I don't know a lot about Sage but the western part of Hunter could really benefit from the increased activity and I think keeping Aimuari and Admiral at opposite ends is a good idea.
[Dec 9, 2011 3:06:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ameranth

A few things...

Someone on the forums suggested Viridian/Malachite become Meridian. It's a fantastic idea. It combines both names, and fits the nautical theme of the game.

I don't know where the oceans will be attached, but the logical place for the interocean route is either off Yax Mutal or Olin's Brow. It would make sense for it to be a long route, at least double the length of an interarch, say 25-30 LP. Another option would be to place Mala below Viridian, with an attachment off Oasis.

In the case of a name conflict, what happens if the first has been dormant a long time, but less than 2 years? Can the account stuck with -east wait a few months for the main one to reach 2 years of inactivity, and then claim it?

As for renames, it's been discussed on the forums recently, and enabling it is a horrible idea at any price. Allowing -east players a one time rename is fine, but allowing anyone to clear a bad reputation for 100k will do a lot of harm to the game.
Ameranth of Viridian Meridian
Senior Officer of Nightmare, Prince of Legacy
[Dec 9, 2011 3:14:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezmerelda_M

Voted midnight, viridian, and sage. Stick with the oldest of 3 groups. Changing to aomething else wouldnt be same imo.

I totally voted Shunter ;D
~~~ Adrielle, Ezzleart and Enfyz ~~~
... (& @AmazinAdrielle on Twitter) ...
[Dec 9, 2011 3:20:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://amazingadrielle.webs.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
catscanner

Let's name the oceans after Pokemon Games :B
[Dec 9, 2011 3:33:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezmerelda_M

Or we could name them after foods... I'm hungry.
~~~ Adrielle, Ezzleart and Enfyz ~~~
... (& @AmazinAdrielle on Twitter) ...
[Dec 9, 2011 3:34:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://amazingadrielle.webs.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
NickScorpio

I really wish the devs would find a way to merge pirates of the same name on the same account, instead of leaving two pirates, one with an east or west on the end of it.
Hankscorpio
[Dec 9, 2011 3:49:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
UCSBboy

This isn't a terrible set-up of inter-ocean routes for Huntage, but I agree that the routes are probably too frequent and too short. I would keep just the one from Alkaid and the one from Barbary. I would also move Hunter up a tad (or Sage down a tad, depending on how you want to look at it). The northern route could be Wissahickon to Alkaid or possibly Hinga to Alkaid if it is too long from Wissa. The southern route could then be Barbary to Hubble's Eye. The routes should probably be in the 6-8 LP range.

This set up puts the least populated/utilized large islands of each ocean (Barbary, Alkaid) at the end of an inter-ocean route, hopefully promoting activity at both of them. This also puts the main economic/population centers of each ocean (Admiral, Aimauri) fairly far apart from each other, hopefully keeping things at least a little spread out on the new super-ocean that is being formed.

Also, as has been mentioned, please increase the hearty list limits again. Not sure why limits are so small as they are, I had my hearty list maxed out on Malachite with 150 players online at peak hours, let alone on these new super-oceans that will be at 1000 or so at peak hours.
Auranic of Obsidian
Sheeran of Emerald
Sheeran of Meridian

[quote]Verlool says (on vent), "We knew him when he was in his prime, we called him Sheeran the Magnificent."
[Dec 9, 2011 4:38:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dylan

I nearly went with exactly the same, but then having read some of the comments I found a green stone called Fucsite and went with that for Mala/Virid.

Be glad - very glad - I was not drinking something fizzy or hot, young lady.

Equinox for Midblat.
[Dec 9, 2011 5:16:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Capndi

Out of all the oceans it had to be Viridian? ><

EXACTLY.

My name for it:
Meridian
Because it's a word, and it's appropriate.

They probably won't take my suggestion, though, due to my irate comment in the Hunter/Sage name box, since I don't care too much about that one.

[Dec 9, 2011 6:08:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NickScorpio

It would make sense for it to be a long route, at least double the length of an interarch, say 25-30 LP.

I think it should be just the opposite, especially if the goal is to eventually have the new servers seen as one big ocean. 25-30 LPs would make an artificial barrier to moving ships across that distance, which would only serve to segregate the existing oceans, at least in some ways. I don't see how the new ocean is served long-term by doing that.
Hankscorpio
[Dec 9, 2011 6:10:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Alesanaftw

It would make sense for it to be a long route, at least double the length of an interarch, say 25-30 LP.

I think it should be just the opposite, especially if the goal is to eventually have the new servers seen as one big ocean. 25-30 LPs would make an artificial barrier to moving ships across that distance, which would only serve to segregate the existing oceans, at least in some ways. I don't see how the new ocean is served long-term by doing that.

Making a 30-60 minute route not including any engagemnts would deter people crossing oceans cause theyd need to spend a lot of theie time on moving ships aroud. If they make it a long route, do 7-10 max. We want tp ne able to easily move ships around
Tjjsalt (Hunter and Cobalt)
All opinions I express are mine alone.

[Dec 9, 2011 6:15:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NickScorpio

Oh, and I definitely like the map that has been put out there for the Hunter-Sage merger. At least in some form. I like multiple connecting routes that are shorter in distance. And connecting from Alkaid on the Hunter side puts that under-utilized, but rather nice, arch right near the center of the new larger ocean.
Hankscorpio
[Dec 9, 2011 6:21:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 926   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates