• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 926
Posts: 926   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 137708 times and has 925 replies Next Thread
Florida777

Re: United Oceans Discussion Reply to this Post

A possible suggestion would be to increase the amount of hearties a pirate can have. (If this was already mentioned above, please forgive me, I repent, just too lazy to read through it all).
[Dec 8, 2011 6:41:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

is this correct?: I have 3 pirates in what I consider my "main" account on both Midnight and Cobalt. After the merger I will have 6 pirates, namely Armillaria, Moosetears, and Disarrm on Midnight and Armillaria, Moosetears and Whiterotroot on Cobalt. Armillaria & Moosetears on Cobalt will be given a suffix but the Midnight pirates, having priority, will not.

That's the way I read it. You then have the option of deleting your suffix pirates, or, for free, changing their names. If you delete the pirates, you don't get to replace them.
----------------------------------------
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Dec 8, 2011 6:41:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IVdripper

Rome wrote: 
Rename Midnight/Cobalt Azure.

I so wish I had seen this before I voted. <sigh>

But yeah, I like the idea, can't wait to see how it plays out.

IV(Spawned on Midnight, raised on Coblat, semi-retired on Viridian)

IVdripper/IVdripperone

"They sicken of the calm who know the storm."
-- Dorothy Parker
[Dec 8, 2011 6:47:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    On the porch, with my friends, drinking brandy,    watching the sea, and talking 'bout the good ol' days. [Link]  Go to top 
maiooch

I may have missed it I was looking...:)

1. Will we be keeping our injuries? I know my midnight pirate has injuries but my cobalt one does not.

2. so the oldest "me" of each of the merged oceans will get the name and the other will be either east or west? and can trade between them? and delete one and rename the one i want to keep if need be or ?

3. yes more heartie space...

will we retain our hearties?

will I have pirate-east as a heartie if I am heartied to their "newer" version of themselves on that list and will the name update after the rename?

Suggestion:

1---give everyone 1 starter interocean map so that we can at least see it...as currently all interarchs have to be won or obtained from a pirate who won one.

2---give everyone a tournament or an access to a hair potion or skin tonic 1 time in case they want a new look for the new ocean...I know my same named alts on either ocean have different color hair etc.

3. More Heartie Space (like 500 Plus)
Rhodanite of Cerulean formerly of Midnight
Queen of Bedlam
[Edit 1 times, last edit by maiooch at Dec 8, 2011 7:26:07 PM]
[Dec 8, 2011 6:55:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Skal

If I have pirates with the same name on both Cobalt and Midnight, can I transfer my housing ownership from one to the other? If I have an alt on Cobalt with a different name, can I transfer the ownership of the alts house to my main on Midnight? Can I transfer un-tradable trinkets? Can I transfer trophies? Can I merge hearty lists?

My goal is to have one main pirate on the new ocean with access to all the achievements, goods and social connections that each pirate enjoyed individually on the old oceans. Will this be possible?
Sadiekate
I know Tofu.
[Dec 8, 2011 6:56:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://sadiekate.deviantart.com [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

A possible suggestion would be to increase the amount of hearties a pirate can have. (If this was already mentioned above, please forgive me, I repent, just too lazy to read through it all).

It has been posted already, but I agree with it as well.
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Dec 8, 2011 7:02:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

If I have pirates with the same name on both Cobalt and Midnight, can I transfer my housing ownership from one to the other? If I have an alt on Cobalt with a different name, can I transfer the ownership of the alts house to my main on Midnight? Can I transfer un-tradable trinkets? Can I transfer trophies? Can I merge hearty lists?

My goal is to have one main pirate on the new ocean with access to all the achievements, goods and social connections that each pirate enjoyed individually on the old oceans. Will this be possible?

You can't transfer houses, un-tradable trinkets, trophies or merge hearty lists.
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Dec 8, 2011 7:03:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Bpt95

A question like this was asked but I am asking just to make sure. So after the merge our accounts will have 6 pirates per account. Even if we didnt have 3 pirates on both oceans accounts?
Bpt-Emerald
Captain of Radioactive
Royal of Cluster Service

Salvatrucha tells ye, "I had glorious sex and won a thousand black and white sea horses."

[Dec 8, 2011 7:09:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hazarath

It has been posted already, but I agree with it as well.

This.

Also, huge-massive props to OOO for this. It was seriously something that needed to do, and I'm very much impressed with them stepping up to the plate. Hermes' assurances about the future of Y!PP really made me feel a lot better about it too.

Thanks so much, OOO.
Morbuzaan

I support PvP in sinking environments.

Cremate wrote: 
Cremate tells ye, "Anyway I have hockey to watch"

[Dec 8, 2011 7:09:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Auntyjemima

Ok, since I am completely stupid and did not undertsand Hermes' post, I'll ask here.

The account that I am using now USED to be my alternate account. On my old account I had a pirate named Nortoneer on almost every ocean. Those have been purged now so it wouldn't effect anything, right?

But I think I used this account to make a alt for cades on sage last year s: So my actual main would be the younger pirate. Therefore my main pirate would get the suffix? How would I prevent this :p

Please help :D

Edit: I support Emerald for sage/hunter! I also support the 'Where I'm From' trophies :D

Nortoneer says, "Kitty.."
Nortoneer says, "How do you think yer kitten would do at sails?"
Hellkitty says, "he'd probably purr-fur rigs"

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Auntyjemima at Dec 8, 2011 7:12:07 PM]
[Dec 8, 2011 7:09:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

I think this is a really good thing my only concern is how big the oceans will be which will make it hard for both oceans to really merge into one.

What I do find funny is that its the same people that cry "the game is dying and you do nothing about it" in every thread the ones that are complaining about familiars prices.
Roseh

[Dec 8, 2011 7:14:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

A question like this was asked but I am asking just to make sure. So after the merge our accounts will have 6 pirates per account. Even if we didnt have 3 pirates on both oceans accounts?

No, you only have as many pirates as you had before. And once the oceans are merged, you won't be able to increase the number of pirates you have on an account if you have three or more.
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Dec 8, 2011 7:16:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

But I think I used this account to make a alt for cades on sage last year s: So my actual main would be the younger pirate. Therefore my main pirate would get the suffix? How would I prevent this :p

Delete the pirate that you don't want to have the suffix now. Or change your names after the merge.
[Dec 8, 2011 7:18:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
klostro

All in favour of renaming Viridian/Malachite to Viridian?

+1
{Klostro and Wangchung} - Galene says, "Too bad we can't just use the Black Ship as a tugboat, haha." Cronus Smiles.
[Dec 8, 2011 7:36:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.homelessirc.net    Klostrophobik    Klostrophobik    Would you like to spank me? [Link]  Go to top 
5thousand

They should have Prizes for Ocean nomination names. :D
They already ask you to show your name anyways. So why not?
Jeremiah of Obsidian

Fivethousand of Emerald and Meridian

[Edit 1 times, last edit by 5thousand at Dec 8, 2011 7:41:22 PM]
[Dec 8, 2011 7:39:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

I voted Viridichite as "Pearl"... since Huntage is going to be "Emerald".
Quitex, everywhere, mainly Ice.
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 
Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[Dec 8, 2011 7:43:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
5thousand

Too plain if you ask me. I put Onyx for Viridian+Mala and Vanator for Sage+Hunter. I forgot the others I put though.
Jeremiah of Obsidian

Fivethousand of Emerald and Meridian

[Dec 8, 2011 7:48:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
celiatr

Voted midnight, viridian, and sage. Stick with the oldest of 3 groups. Changing to aomething else wouldnt be same imo.
Flutie
Midnight Cerulean Ocean

April 1, 2009 on Midnight Ocean [21:22:49] Eurydice broadcasts, "Okay, Flutie, this better be good."

ROMS ~ The Subforum/Dead Thread
[Dec 8, 2011 7:49:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

I'd like to suggest each pirate gets a trophy to commemorate the original ocean they came from once the mergers happen.

Agreed++.
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[Dec 8, 2011 7:52:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Hazarath

Voted midnight, viridian, and sage. Stick with the oldest of 3 groups. Changing to aomething else wouldnt be same imo.

Having two oceans acting as one won't be the same either. :P
Morbuzaan

Cremate wrote: 

[Dec 8, 2011 7:54:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Markus1

My concern is this.

Is this a result of SEGA's accquisiton of Three Rings? Or had this allready been in the pipeline before Three Rings was bought by SEGA.

The timing of this, while it is (sadly) needed, cannot help but make me wonder about the developers/SEGAs plan(s) for this game.

Any kind of insight (one way or the other) would be helpful.

Also, yes to more hearties. My current list is full, and with the oceans merging i'll need more
Zingman

Siochan Leat -- Carpe Noctem -- forever Midnight
[Dec 8, 2011 8:08:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marick68

Will the new name for the oceans be based on popular vote as suggested by it being a poll? Or will it be merely just a spot for pirates to put in their suggestions for a new name?
Grg on Cobalt
Grg on Sage

Also on every other ocean.

Long live the Great Cacti Power!

Offical member of the Oceanus Stalking Armored Division 2, and the Hera Floating Division 2

"Hera stalks Grg!"
[Dec 8, 2011 8:14:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezmerelda_M

From what I'm reading will all accounts now hold 6 pirates?
I am worried about this! Will I lose any of my characters? I have three on each ocean, and am rather attached to (most) of them! Also - what happens if your name is already really long/the max number of characters? How can East (or whatever) get added?

Should I worry about spending money on this game now? It looks... a little disconcerting - like they might be starting to shrink the game... <.< (Fears not helped by the lack of answers going on in this thread!)
~~~ Adrielle, Ezzleart and Enfyz ~~~
... (& @AmazinAdrielle on Twitter) ...
[Dec 8, 2011 8:25:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://amazingadrielle.webs.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Ezmerelda_M

Diamond for "Midbalt"
You mean Midblat? XD
[Dec 8, 2011 8:26:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://amazingadrielle.webs.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Missnoodle

Wait... I'm not sure if this is answered
Lets say you have both pirates on Sage and Hunter-which they are gonna merge into one <.< >.>.. and on sage you have certain portrait you love but can't retake on hunter because you won them in some competition... You want to keep your hunter's pirate but not sage's pirate but they are named the same.. What would you do? Are you able to transfer portraits and display them as your own even though you did win them on the same name since it was a competition portrait
Angela
Missnoodle & RAGINGNOODLE on Emerald Ocean. jokes im banne
[Dec 8, 2011 8:29:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hazarath

From what I'm reading will all accounts now hold 6 pirates?
I am worried about this! Will I lose any of my characters? I have three on each ocean, and am rather attached to (most) of them! Also - what happens if your name is already really long/the max number of characters? How can East (or whatever) get added?

Should I worry about spending money on this game now? It looks... a little disconcerting - like they might be starting to shrink the game... <.< (Fears not helped by the lack of answers going on in this thread!)

A lot of the questions asked here, including yours, have been answered in the FAQ. If people took the time to read that, they'd be a lot more informed.

The FAQ wrote: 

Q: I have three pirates on each of the merged oceans. Will I still be able to access all of them?
A: All 6 pirates will be available to you when you log in. You will only be able to create a new pirate there, however, if you have fewer than 3 pirates on that ocean.

Morbuzaan

Cremate wrote: 

[Dec 8, 2011 8:37:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezmerelda_M

Thanks! I did actually read it - I must have missed that part, though.
[Dec 8, 2011 8:42:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://amazingadrielle.webs.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Kimbers108

My main concern is as follows:

I am Kimmy on Midnight and have done so much as her and do not want to change her name. There is, however, a Kimmy on Cobalt with no stats/no pics/and I don't know if she was around first or not.

I do not want to be forced into a rename or suffix of anything when I have done way more than the Cobalt Kimmy. It's bad enough I am not Kimmy on the other oceans, but this means more to me. I was a governor once as Kimmy, I have my portraits and this overly awesome avatar all as Kimmy. Not as Kimmy-East nor Kimmy-West. Just Kimmy.

Thanks!
Kimmy

I play a few oceans :)

[Dec 8, 2011 8:53:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Auntyjemima

My crappy concept on connecting Sage and Hunter. Oyus. It sucks.

The red dots would be islands.

Im sure OOO already has the way they're going to connect the oceans done though.

P.S:I know little nothing about Sage. So I probably connected to the crappiest possible islands.

Nortoneer says, "Kitty.."
Nortoneer says, "How do you think yer kitten would do at sails?"
Hellkitty says, "he'd probably purr-fur rigs"

[Dec 8, 2011 8:54:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forumrizzo

Diamond for "Midbalt"
You mean Midblat? XD
Not being a native or even relatively familiar with the ocean I avoided the mispelling as it is "their word"; I also figured for discussion purposes it would be best to stay semi-accurate with my post (though none of my mash ups are words). I guess if I choose to be a Huntard then Coblat is just fine by me.

1) How will the combined servers affect Oceanmaster response time/duties, if at all?

2) I heartily endorse the commemorative trophy even though my home ocean is younger then my starting ocean.

3) Can we establish memorial monuments similiar to those from Azure (on midnight); is this reasonable or too vain or unnecessary?

4) Is there something we can do to retain interest in interocean travel? Ex: I know Hunter has a Sassafrass market which is going to skyrocket once connected marketless Sage. Maybe add something east-west exclusive worth trading/merch moving?

4b) Make me a Hunter green cloth or a Sage tunic; the ARRtists seem to love adding colors and this is a chance to make a hometown statement.
Tomrizzo
Serendipity, Rebel Rousers
Emerald
[Dec 8, 2011 9:06:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 926   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates