• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 178
Posts: 178   Pages: 6   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 20253 times and has 177 replies Next Thread
am1991

Re: New Announcements Post -- Interoceanic Passage? Reply to this Post

If you take the bolded words and unscramble them, (certain no i velasco thorsson never fool) you can get

crossover shore location final event

wow haha
----------------------------------------
~Tigerscar Of Viridian~
Captain of the Crew "Uprising"
Founder/King of the Flag "Notorious"

[Dec 8, 2011 12:47:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

Verlasco - spanish for crow or raven.

Norse Mythology - 2 ravens flew all over the world bringing back new information.

Chaldean Mythology - a dove and a raven are released to find new land, the dove circles and returns, the raven does not - its assumed the raven did find new land.
Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!
Dignity - Emerald

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)
[Dec 8, 2011 12:55:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

So assuming he's the raven maybe he went to find new land, possibly found it and never got back....so maybe we have to help him come back? After his cocky attitude I don't want to, but whatevs.

Maybe by interoceanic they mean like Atlantic and Arctic. Yes, I'm fully aware that PP isn't set in the real world, however, the Arctic ocean is pretty cold.
Anchovia
[Edit 1 times, last edit by anchovygirl at Dec 8, 2011 1:02:17 PM]
[Dec 8, 2011 1:00:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AraHurricane

The bandana in the thread appears to me to be more generic. He believes it to be currency because he is an explorer not specifically a pirate. So they are treating him as a greenie to this new ocean.

If I were to throw in my opinion of it. It appears as though it may not be an ocean merger because he specifically talks about between the two oceans and Opal and Jade were included. So I will guess to venture this is a new pillage route leading to what is a new ocean within current oceans possibly? Viridian is nearing the edges of its borders for new island expansion. Maybe they're spicing things up by adding new archipelago groupings to all the oceans? That would add new harder difficulty routes with possibilities of chests and such. No Idea tho.

It might as well just be a brand new ocean that everyone can sail to and we dump all the old ones. I've really no idea. But i dont' see there being a hidden puzzle involved if they're including Opal and Jade. Just seems to confusing to try and hide a puzzle within multiple languages by only bolding certain words that are all spelled differently and may not translate exactly.

One thing I can for sure say though is that it appears like they're treating Velasco as a newb. And has anyone considered the idea that we aren't sailing to Velasco that he sailed to us?
Arakain the Hurricane
[Dec 8, 2011 1:24:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dohickeyjr

It perhaps may be a competition to rescue him, to kick things off , then inter-ocean travel will happen after the competition. Similar to how they kick off the opening of Atlantis.

Also I was wondering if anything else can be siginificant in the numbers, number of snowflakes, dates, etc. I was trying to see if it would add up to the number of total islands but that didnt go as I thought it would.
My name is Praetorian. Pirate of the Sage Ocean, Inn Merchant of the Gull Archipelago, loyal servant to the once true game of Puzzle Pirates. User to a banned pirate, Victim to a heinous crime.And I will have my justice in this pirate or the next.
[Dec 8, 2011 1:27:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Batistas8

I noticed there is a pirate named vthorsson. At first I thought it was someone making the pirate to mess with us but I check the other oceans and there is a pirate with the same name logged off at the same time. Coincidence?
Stonecold of viridian and malachite

Galene says: Am I the only one who realizes that the ENTIRE POINT of this game, and the only way to WIN, is to stand there spinning around in circles? You guys fail THE GAME

Nemesis says: You guys suck.
[Dec 8, 2011 1:32:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pillyforme

I noticed there is a pirate named vthorsson. At first I thought it was someone making the pirate to mess with us but I check the other oceans and there is a pirate with the same name logged off at the same time. Coincidence?

Dub oceans: He logged off on December, 7, 7:14
Opal and Jade: He logged off on December, 7, 7:14
Cobalt: He logged off on December, 7, 7:15
Midnight: He logged off on December, 7, 7:16

I don't know if this helps, i'll let you guys figure it out.
Darkoath Of Cerulean.
Semi-Retired
Tell me, would you kill to save a life?
[Dec 8, 2011 1:48:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BobJanova

The description is of some kind of arduous inter-ocean region where we can transfer between oceans. That would be awesome, but possibly too awesome for OOO to have pulled off. It could also be a trailer for a Brynhild themed SMH.

Edit: Vthorsson logged off Mala at 8/12 01:15, which I think is 7/12 15:15 game time. I think that is because you need a game account for a forum account and OOO's script creates the pirate of that name on all oceans to avoid someone else taking it.
Bobjanova on Viridian and Malachite
Shops and stalls with fair and profitable wages for all: Jubilee, Napi, Chelydra
Stripped/Barely Dressed (Malachite)
Phantasm/Reign of Chaos (Viridian)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by BobJanova at Dec 8, 2011 1:51:06 PM]
[Dec 8, 2011 1:49:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AraHurricane

After rereading the wording in the recent post by Velasco it appears to be more as though he were sailing into our ocean from where ever he came from. That we haven't encountered him directly yet he only had dealings with the navy and he was given a bandana as a newb. We are going to get an exchange of the opening of the way to sail to where he came from in exchange for helping him get back home. I also think the ideas of inbreeding and cannibalism could refer to our oceans cultists or some of the brigand kings.

Whether or not this is determined to be a new Expedition, Sea Monster hunt, Ocean Merger or some sort of Puzzle Pirates Adventures Im not sure. That's where I get a bit fuzzy in what it could be. He mentions specifically it being an "interoceanic passageway" and being able "to sail directly." But I don't know what type of ocean he would be referring to whether its a new ocean, an ocean within current oceans, or an ocean merger is unclear. I need more information relating to where Velasco is trying to get to determine the rest but I feel confident that so far he is in our ocean and trying to get home thus how we discover the passage way for ourselves. Maybe they're adding heating oil to something we product at apoths or distils thats required for the expedition or SMH? no idea.... Next post please!! :D
Arakain the Hurricane
[Dec 8, 2011 1:59:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Alec1000

Verlasco - spanish for crow or raven.

Norse Mythology - 2 ravens flew all over the world bringing back new information.

Chaldean Mythology - a dove and a raven are released to find new land, the dove circles and returns, the raven does not - its assumed the raven did find new land.

At the same time, Ravens are considered a symbol of death.

I don't even want to think of that and its effect on the game....
[Dec 8, 2011 2:21:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

So assuming he's the raven maybe he went to find new land, possibly found it and never got back....so maybe we have to help him come back? After his cocky attitude I don't want to, but whatevs.

Maybe by interoceanic they mean like Atlantic and Arctic. Yes, I'm fully aware that PP isn't set in the real world, however, the Arctic ocean is pretty cold.

WE'RE GOING TO CANADA?!

I don't agree with an inter-ocean travel, at all. It would collapse the markets and could easily be abused to transfer goods from ocean to ocean. Also considering the servers (IIRC) aren't exactly connected at the moment, this isn't really possible. A group server where vessels from multiple oceans can enter but not plunder each other could be plausible, but at the same time, a new SMH featuring one or more BK's seems most likely. (Please not Atlantis 3.0).

Guess we'll have to wait a few more days to have sufficient clues to make reasonable conclusions. (If we don't recall, none of the previous puzzles have been solved quickly, they required clues that were released in game, as well as those through the spyglass).
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Setsusa at Dec 8, 2011 2:35:37 PM]
[Dec 8, 2011 2:31:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yasmi6

oh common next clue please getting impatient here
Yasmi on Meridian

Captain of Lilith's Perfume
Princess of Imperial Coalition
(ex-Queen of Devils Advocates)

Better to reign in Hell, than to serve in Heaven...
[Dec 8, 2011 2:39:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

Agreed w/ saving the poor lad. Still claiming this would be a competition and/or expo and/or leading to a new type of expo.
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[Dec 8, 2011 2:41:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ade446

How much you wanna bet this will be going on throughout December and we'll end up somewhere on Artica right next to Santa.

^I KID.

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=177049

GOOD STUFF! OCEAN MERGER CALLED IT!
Sincerely
[Edit 1 times, last edit by ade446 at Dec 8, 2011 2:44:45 PM]
[Dec 8, 2011 2:43:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Strider399

inb4 shitstorm
Sid on Obsidian

Striderrs everywhere else
[Dec 8, 2011 2:54:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

Boned :S
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Dec 8, 2011 2:56:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pillyforme

Givin' pirates noses. Aaaalrighhht.
Darkoath Of Cerulean.
Semi-Retired
[Dec 8, 2011 2:56:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Amyrosee

Okies my assumption is :
In the post the explorer metioned he was certain there was a passage between oceans not islands, and he called it a interoceanic passage which means again it's not among islands in the same ocean.

And when he found that passage , he was out of his "home ocean" into another one. So that mean probably when sailing into certain places from your home ocean you will maybe find yourself somewhere else with different surroundings and you will be able to explore it yourself or/with your jobbers.

It's not necessarily a different ocean like from Sage to Hunter , maybe a small ocean made specifically for this update with things that are different to the regular oceans which pirates can explore.That's just what i think :p

I called it baby i called it!
Amyrosee
Sage ocean now to be Emerald.

Hera says, "Amyrosee = SCARY"
[Dec 8, 2011 3:11:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

ASDLKNVLAWIENRLAKDNLADHFOIAWENRASDF

Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Dec 8, 2011 3:45:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Auntyjemima

Oh score Sage and Hunter :D

Nortoneer says, "Kitty.."
Nortoneer says, "How do you think yer kitten would do at sails?"
Hellkitty says, "he'd probably purr-fur rigs"

[Dec 8, 2011 6:33:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BooterKen

I'm calling the new sage/hunter ocean,

Huntage
Booterken of Sage

Senior Officer and First Mate: Tales from the Deep
Prince of Jigsaw Tessellators.

Zombies : 100% post consumer human.
re-use. recyle, re-animate
[Dec 8, 2011 7:22:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Alesanaftw

ASDLKNVLAWIENRLAKDNLADHFOIAWENRASDF

Breathe, Steven!Breathe!
Tjjsalt (Hunter and Cobalt)
All opinions I express are mine alone.

[Dec 8, 2011 7:24:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
2kewl4u2

I am a 5 year guy. I've seen dub prices at 600 poe and I've seen them at 3k. Played on 3 free oceans and personally.. i feel this is a great idea. I think the biggest winners in this merger is huntarians and malachites. more voyages for each of them. the only inconvenience i truly see is the fact stats/pirates cant be merged into one.
However I think OOO needs to spread their marketing to new places. it would be nice to see 2-3k people on one ocean at any given time and upwards of 5k when cades happen.

Emerald for hunter is a good idea.. but emerald is still a color.. so blue colors make no sense. malachite is a very very small ocean so virid should keep its name.. which is how I voted.

This merger idea has got to be the best thing OOO has listened to players say, ever.
[Dec 8, 2011 8:59:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pillyforme

OMGOMGOMG!!!1!eleven!!!oneone!exclamationpoint!!!!

I so hope we can sail through oceans and go to Islands on other oceans... Just think of it...

*Wink

I totly cald ths 1 guis
Darkoath Of Cerulean.
Semi-Retired
[Dec 9, 2011 7:49:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
senorita_esp

I just figured out the significance of the 6's and 9's in the wind. The nine oceans (Cobalt, Midnight, Sage, Viridian, Hunter, Malacite, Jade, Opal, Ice) are becoming six (Midbalt, Viridicite, Sater, Opal, Jade, Ice).
Chocorose of Cerulean:
Not too cute to be a pirate.
Current avatar by Salmon

I collect avatars
[Dec 10, 2011 7:44:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Seroausedfly

I'm totally all for Huntage, Midalt and Maridian.
Soaran - Meridian
Senior Officer of Taking Flight
King of Antheas

All the world's a stage!
[Dec 10, 2011 8:16:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

I just figured out the significance of the 6's and 9's in the wind. The nine oceans (Cobalt, Midnight, Sage, Viridian, Hunter, Malacite, Jade, Opal, Ice) are becoming six (Midbalt, Viridicite, Sater, Opal, Jade, Ice).

Whether that was intentional on their part or not, very nice find Choco :D
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Dec 11, 2011 10:57:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
ade446

New clues? Maybe which arches will be linked with each other?

New clothing?
Sincerely
[Edit 1 times, last edit by ade446 at Dec 13, 2011 8:23:51 AM]
[Dec 13, 2011 2:09:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 178   Pages: 6   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates