• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 25
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8137 times and has 24 replies Next Thread
redrocket305

I know just what Malachite Needs!

We obviously should turn Malachite into a Role-Playing Ocean.
Everyone knows Mala has turned into a spawning ground for people who sit in the inn, or troll.
Nothing actually happens on this ocean that is of any serious consequence to anyone, since besides being just a game, it's a game on a dying ocean.

So think how much fun we'll have if we all actually pull a Luffsalot, and talk like pirates!!

First off: No more trolls. You wouldn't have people sitting in the inn being annoying, because you couldn't talk about anything besides pirating and the ocean! No more harassment from the latest internet meme!

Secondly: Kading would be more fun! Instead of having this dumb political system that was obviously nonexistent in real Pirate politics, we just all fly our own flags, and pillage any island we want, without declarations, without being diplomatic. You want something on Zuyua (Lololololol Who wants Zuyua?) you just sail right up and take it.

Thirdly: Better crews. Pirates don't job for other captain's. That's dumb. We should all just stick with our one crew, and all get one really big crew ship and sail it around constantly. Blackbeard didn't have an army of festive sloops on the docks around where he sailed. He had one big mother of a ship, and he had his crew job it, and they wrecked things.

Fourthly: People just want poe so they can buy nice things that then never go away after they stack them up in their mansion. If we make it so when you blockade/raid an island, you can actually loot those wealthy mansions, wouldn't it be more enjoyable? Being a pirate isn't about having a nice estate for which your army of pets can harass anyone who enters. It's about taking other people's nice things, without their consent.

Fifthly: People already think Malachiters are the strange lonely people that play that small weird ocean in the corner. Why not give them a reason to actually think so!

Sixthly: We should ban anyone who doesn't obey these role playing terms. No one who is a botter is going to want to put up with this, so there goes that population. The trolls will have been harvested and exterminated within the first week, and only the cool kids would be left.

Awesome right?!

Edit: Also there would be no one left saying things like "Lolololol"! Win!
----------------------------------------
Woden says, "Oceanus, can you change yer hat for us?"

Oceanus says, "Do you want me to change my hat or organize this event?"

Woden- Miridichite Ocean. Glorious Captain of Teh Nubs.

And now on Sagemerald in Weqeqweqwed f
[Edit 1 times, last edit by redrocket305 at Dec 7, 2011 1:13:01 PM]
[Dec 7, 2011 1:11:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jedra

Re: I know just what Malachite Needs!

I'd rather slit my wrists?
Kaine, the Dreamer

Former King of Sick Man's Dream
Former Royal of Fill in the Blank
Former Royal of Utopia

Former Captain (any every rank below) of Wicked

Current drunken bum who occasionally posts when he's bored.
[Dec 7, 2011 1:21:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

Haha, I feel like people pretend enough already.
Emmett
[Dec 7, 2011 1:26:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
redrocket305

Kaine: There was a question mark on that. So would you just kind of want to slit your wrists, or maybe not? No matter. Glad you support the idea.

And to the Feztabulous Emmett: I think you're not fully grasping how much more role playing this ocean needs. People take the game seriously, and maybe even pretend that it's more important than it really is (Strike that maybe. They do.) If someone's going to take a pirate game seriously, actually act like a real pirate. Not like a politician or entrepreneur who happens to be missing an eye. Islands should be a homeland, a beautiful country a governor should be proud of. Not just a show of political strength by controlling three of them.

Edit: I am honestly trying to be sincere and non-belittling in these remarks. If anyone takes offense to anything suggested in the thread, it's okay, you don't have to support the idea. But from a potential role playing ocean perspective, we've been playing the whole game wrong since day one.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by redrocket305 at Dec 7, 2011 1:49:19 PM]
[Dec 7, 2011 1:39:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atoms12123

I honestly find this idea great. This is exactly what we need, and why not give it a try, it's a pirate game, let's be pirates!
Ions
Captain of the Pimps at Sea.

Avatars by Inghild, Yumisa ...and Imp.
[Dec 7, 2011 2:38:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Atoms12123    Atoms12123 [Link]  Go to top 
Disgraced

I honestly find this idea great. This is exactly what we need, and why not give it a try, it's a pirate game, let's be pirates!

This would bring me back.
Bunnyspawn, prince of Coherent Insanity on Meridian.

Jdilla's wench on Emerald.
[Dec 7, 2011 5:37:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
redrocket305

This would bring me back.

While I do think a lot of people would find it ridiculous, I feel like even those not interested in role playing may come by malachite just to see what it's all about, and to see the new system implemented.

In my opinion, a new stream of players for any reason can't be frowned upon at the state the ocean is currently in.

[Dec 7, 2011 6:47:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
KazukiEnji

I like the looting idea :P Wish OOO can implement it.

Imagine we sail to an island where holds housing and we can just loot those houses which unlock and found everything is just crates and bedrolls!

Am sure will have a good laugh and fun time ^^ lol
Kazukienji on Malachite v(@^_^@)p Meridian
[Dec 7, 2011 7:45:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hissy3

wouldn't be to bad to try but i'm not talking like luffs >_< i just can't do it
Hissy is not to be taken seriously because he is insane, but don't tell him that =x
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Hissy3 at Dec 7, 2011 8:26:01 PM]
[Dec 7, 2011 8:25:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Taytaytatty

I know there is going to be some extremely angry replies to this post, but i honestly dont mind mala as it is.

I think the restricted jobber markets makes it more competitive, and therefore breeds Bnav talent. For example, SMH's have to be run in smaller ships, therefore the Bnav'ers and XO's/MAA's need to be of higher quality. And if they are run in larger vessel, they are usally done so by experienced navers, as only they can pull that kind of support. Same goes for flotilla's.

As far as cades go my experience isnt that extensive, but id think the same logic will apply. Sure you wont be able to fill scores of war frigs, but it means the naver's have to be better, were pure numbers arnt the deciding factor. Further, against BK's (like seen last weekend) the navver's have to be especially talented to take down war frigs and xebec whilst themselves only in a war brig.

Mala is small, but its a community, we might not always get along, but that just makes it more exciting :P. If you cant fill what you want, its probable because a) Just chose the wrong time (and yes, you do have to watch your timing for large voyages and SMH's) or b) You are clearly under qualified for the voyage you are attempting to run.

I have no problem filling Junk's and War Brigs for Lanty's and HS's, even if i do sink many, people still join.

Mala isnt perfect, but it doesnt need the constant stream of people saying it needs to be revived. Maybe you just need to try harder. Maybe you are just bitter cause no one jobs for you cause given the size of the ocean, they know how rubbish you are.

Mala is perfect - and yes, quote this and point out everything you think is wrong with mala, that will really help.
Native of Malachite

Ye have received 1 piece of eight from Asuras.
Asuras says, "tay for normal clothes :P not for alkohol xD"

Flag Website
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Taytaytatty at Dec 8, 2011 1:45:38 AM]
[Dec 8, 2011 1:08:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
latino95

I really like this idea but i'll only start pilly if i get gunner... Gunning and B-navving at the same time isn't my cup of tea. I practiced gunning and i'm getting worse and worse at it. I can also be found killing Skeletons and Zombies for PoE~ I like the looting idea too~
Ahsiao-Malachite
[Dec 8, 2011 4:36:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hikariks

Everyone knows Mala has turned into a spawning ground for people who sit in the inn, or troll.
Nothing actually happens on this ocean that is of any serious consequence to anyone, since besides being just a game, it's a game on a dying ocean.

So think how much fun we'll have if we all actually pull a Luffsalot, and talk like pirates!!

First off: No more trolls. You wouldn't have people sitting in the inn being annoying, because you couldn't talk about anything besides pirating and the ocean! No more harassment from the latest internet meme!

Sixthly:
We should ban anyone who doesn't obey these role playing terms. No one who is a botter is going to want to put up with this, so there goes that population. The trolls will have been harvested and exterminated within the first week, and only the cool kids would be left.

but but i love standing in the inn D: i love sometimes making fun of people :P and you would be taking ions job as well :P not fair. é-e
i cant act pirate liek all the time .___. imma end up talking like on in my english class xD and they are going to slaughter me since im still learning english :P
Though i would find it rather funny if there was just a week for this :P not the whole time.
Yumisa World Wide ;)
Your Favourite Cookie Monster <3op
Can't find me? Im on Deviant Art!
[Dec 8, 2011 8:24:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
redrocket305

Taytaytaytay- Hey man, I love malachite. Been here and loyal since the day it opened. But if you truly think malachite is healthy the way it is, you were never here during it's glory days. I'm not saying things can't be done on this ocean, they definitely can, and yes, our pirates here are of exceptional standing because without being so, we'd really be screwed. But things like Friglantis are impossible. And Atlantis was made for frigs. If you can't fill the boat that the smh is built for, then yes, the ocean has an unhealthy population. But this isn't the point.

I'm just merely suggesting that if the time comes that mala is to be killed off, why not try to change it into something with a special draw. Obviously a role playing server would not be the most popular ocean, but it would be something different and interesting to give malachite a revitalization, a second chance at glory, and to be recognized as something, besides giving those of us still there something to do.

And yes, Malachiters aren't exactly what I would call the right people for the role playing. We love to be silly, make conga lines at the Saltstrum inn, harass each other, and watch Doulber troll when he makes a guest appearance.

And obviously, I myself have never been one to role play or take the game seriously.

But you know what? I think this would be an interesting idea to implement, even if it's not-OM'd upon us, but even if we take it upon ourselves. Obviously a new ocean can't be opened. It would be suicide. Post-Malachite, every ocean that has opened is now on the brink of extinction, or has been eliminated (RIP Crimson. I stood on your shores once). And a big ocean could never take on something like this, so why not Mala?

Because, let's face it: A majority of the player population on Malachite does not pillage. Not saying people don't pillage on mala--they do--just the simple fact that Malachite has become stagnant. Nothing big is ever happening, the flags just all kind of sit around and pretend there are serious politics afoot, when in reality we're just sitting around. And if most of us are sitting around, why not give it a spin? And for those that still are puzzling, the puzzles will still be there. It's not like people talking like pirates is going to make you a worse bnaver.

To sum it up: Malachite has reached a point where it is a primarily social ocean. Puzzles have taken a back seat, while politics seem to be stagnant. Maybe this shouldn't be looked at as a way to draw new people to the ocean, but to revitalize the old timers that are still here with something new. Because I admit, I tried moving to Sage, and I Friglantis'd and Kaded'd and everything I couldn't do here. But now that has been satisfied, I would rather sit on malachite. It's a home to many people.

But sitting at your home can get boring for anyone unless you've got something to do.

[Dec 8, 2011 10:29:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
redrocket305

Maybe you just need to try harder. Maybe you are just bitter cause no one jobs for you cause given the size of the ocean, they know how rubbish you are.

Mala is perfect - and yes, quote this and point out everything you think is wrong with mala, that will really help.

Also Tay, I have never had any issue with you. And if you say things like this on the forums, you're obviously picking fights.

Your crew is doing well, you're one of the few running pillages, good for you. But you don't have to take it upon yourself to be the Great Defender of Malachite. That's fine if Malachite is exactly what you want in an Ocean. But don't go insulting people because you think you're the bee's knees now.

Plus, you have some major flaws in your insult:
(You brought the anger to this thread, not me. I'm just talking about role playing. So for your typical internet forum attitude, I shall reply with an equally dumb typical forum attitude)

I'd actually have to lead things for people to not job for me on.

Damn it Tay. I liked you. What's with calling me rubbish? I've played this game for five years, and have never had an ultimate. Yes, I suck at puzzling, because frankly, I don't care to learn. It's a social game for me. Get off your high horse. You're the captain of "The number one crew on Malachite" big deal. Malachite is Malachite.

I don't want any more posts like this in the thread. This isn't about flaming or trolling, or getting angry. It's merely a suggestion to an alternate play style that I feel some would find interesting.

No need to take insult to words on a forum from people you'll never meet that you came across in a game where you make a pirate that doesn't exist.

And if you do want to take the game seriously:

Then why are you opposed to talkin like a pirate ye scurvy dog?
Wouldn't that be taking the game as seriously as possible?

[Dec 8, 2011 10:42:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

Great Defender of Malachite

I've been impeached?

As far as the glory days of Malachite, people were not satisfied with that romanticized era either. I'd be surprised if people didn't enjoy this time period better, considering that they have a far easier time of spewing out bad ideas yet still sit on islands.

Yeah, you'll tell me to blockade more, but that would apparently be selfish. I've even considered making an alt to do it.

I'm still standing by the fact that an ocean needs blockades to survive. Does that justify being a terrible person in order to blockade? No.

Do what ever you wish with this statement, I'm not even going to bother reading responses to this one.
Emmett
[Dec 8, 2011 10:52:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ade446

As far as the glory days of Malachite, people were not satisfied with that romanticized era either. I'd be surprised if people didn't enjoy this time period better, considering that they have a far easier time of spewing out bad ideas yet still sit on islands.

I have to agree.
Sincerely
[Dec 8, 2011 10:54:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
redrocket305

Awesome right?!

If Emmett doesn't want to read anymore, then I'm just killing the thread. Yes, I do honestly think that a role play ocean would be interesting. I'd definitely try it. Also, I think as evidenced but replies in this thread, people do take this game too seriously.

I never have been a poster on the forums, or a serious political contender for anything on Malachite. For all I care BD can come back and take over every island, and I'd still be sitting in the Salt inn.

If anyone still wishes to talk about the idea, I'm more than willing. But while knowing I never thought this could seriously happen/I thought people would realize this was just light-hearted fun. The fact that a so called "hearty" and past crewbie told me I'm rubbish, and the fact that Emmett thought I was in the least bit slightly serious just backs up everything I had already thought.

Goodness.

[Dec 8, 2011 11:57:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Seamusa

Damn it Tay. I liked you. What's with calling me rubbish?

I can't speak for Tay but I don't think that comment was directed at you, or anyone in particular.
Seamusa on Mala
[Dec 8, 2011 1:10:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

I'm merely commenting that looking back on Malachite's past is not the way forward. I, for one, while despising Luffsalot's horrid speaking style, see no harm in others having light-hearted fun by playing characters.

Will this save things? Probably not, as the whole problem is imaginary-turned-ill-actions anyways. But this should not stop you from being jovial.
Emmett
[Dec 8, 2011 1:29:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
redrocket305

Hey guys, Guess what!

/e starts campaign to make Viridichite a role play ocean.

Trolololololol.

[Dec 8, 2011 3:40:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jedra

Kaine: There was a question mark on that. So would you just kind of want to slit your wrists, or maybe not? No matter. Glad you support the idea.

You are quite correct. I am sorry. That was ambiguous.

I'd rather slit my wrists.
Kaine, the Dreamer

Former King of Sick Man's Dream
Former Royal of Fill in the Blank
Former Royal of Utopia

Former Captain (any every rank below) of Wicked

Current drunken bum who occasionally posts when he's bored.
[Dec 8, 2011 4:27:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atoms12123

Can we unleash Luffs on them now?
Ions
Captain of the Pimps at Sea.

Avatars by Inghild, Yumisa ...and Imp.
[Dec 8, 2011 4:32:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Atoms12123    Atoms12123 [Link]  Go to top 
Taytaytatty

Like Sea said, the comments werent directed at anyone in particular. Also, i just use what i have done as examples.

But if you want something to happen, then run it yourself. Ive sunk countless ships in Lanty's and HS's, but its been worth it, cause ive done something. Dont just except to be able to job for whatever you want to do, run it yourself if you arent satisfied with options availible.

And agian, this is a general comment, at no one specifically.

Edit: Given the merger, looks like people will simply be able to job for whatever they like and not have to do anything themselves....
Native of Malachite

Ye have received 1 piece of eight from Asuras.
Asuras says, "tay for normal clothes :P not for alkohol xD"

Flag Website
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Taytaytatty at Dec 8, 2011 6:46:26 PM]
[Dec 8, 2011 6:39:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
riku743

That would be nice if people just wanted to job.
Nil used to play Mala.
Lurking on the forums.
[Dec 8, 2011 7:30:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Doulber

I'd rather slit my wrists?

Official spokesman of Ade446.
Barnabas the Pale tells ye, "You made me literally laugh out loud."

-The D: Retired.

[Dec 10, 2011 4:40:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates