• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 20
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2786 times and has 19 replies Next Thread
ade446

Dear Argosy

At noon gametime today, someone from Argosy decided to drop on Acanthaster. I have never really had a problem with Argosy as a flag except of the way some of their royals look upon being blockaded, but, they are entitled to play the game in their way so I've never been one to bash them. However, I would like to express how utterly stupid this was.

You decided to drop at the same time of the Viridian Island Opening, meaning that due to the expected pay war, there will be no jobbers on Malachite, making it impossible to load any ships. And if there is any ships loaded and someone by chance, even tho I really don't see it happening, succeeds and kills off the BK it will be the lamest, and most poor opening of an Island marked in YPP history.

And my question is, why?
----------------------------------------
Sincerely
[Dec 2, 2011 1:06:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ice_devil

Re: Dear Argosy

Wow. Fail.

So they expect anyone wants to kade on Mala?

People were all like, AND THIS IS HOW MALA COMES BACK BABY! WE STEAL PEOPLE FROM OTHER ALREADY DEAD OCEANS. HELLS YEAH! when they heard about the island opening this weekend.

Fail.

>>
Hellacious/Hellaciouss/Defunct/Hamsterz
Capy tells ye, "I'm sorry... I don't know you well enough yet to allow you cam time!"
Plu tells ye, "screw you..Im interfering in every cade you ever contend&q
[Dec 2, 2011 1:33:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Seamusa

FitB dropped too.
Seamusa on Mala
[Dec 2, 2011 1:42:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SaviourS

...no shit we dropped, what did you expect?
Saviour, Meridian
[Dec 2, 2011 1:45:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

To clarify, once the chest was dropped, our hand was forced on the timing.
Emmett
[Dec 2, 2011 1:51:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Doulber

I usually refer to the mysterious case of Argoegotism as "Special"
Official spokesman of Ade446.
Barnabas the Pale tells ye, "You made me literally laugh out loud."

-The D: Retired.

[Dec 2, 2011 2:05:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Seamusa

...no shit we dropped, what did you expect?

So why does Boyk think it's stupid for argo to drop but not fitb? I'm just asking.
Seamusa on Mala
[Dec 2, 2011 2:45:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

Because the first person to drop determines the time.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Dec 2, 2011 2:49:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Seamusa

I see now. Thanks
Seamusa on Mala
[Dec 2, 2011 3:32:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
oopoorah

I have to LOL at this - it is the first time I am 100% innocent of ANY involvement in an action like this. That's right absolutely zero zip zilch.

I did agree with several parties to make sure to not drop proactively nor suggest any one should. I did not like this agreement but did commit to it. (For those out of the loop all 3 current contenders were aware of this)

I do believe there will indeed be a cade and some jobbers, in order to compete whatsoever and fill WBs or more than a few small ships on each side it will be necessary to match Viridian pay.

Four parties or more would certainly be interesting....
Poopydog
EI
PoopyDog
slave to Plu
Captain of Burn Notice

Monarch of the flag
Effective Immediately
[Dec 2, 2011 3:55:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mitchie101

it will be necessary to match Viridian pay

The problem is that Malachite's pay of 9999/seg is considered less than 5000/seg on Viridian, because of the Doubloon Exchange. And since Viridian is probably going to hit 9999/seg... yeah...
Mitch on Obsidian.
Mitchiie on Meridian and Emerald.
[Dec 2, 2011 4:03:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Doulber

Thanks for continuing to fuckulate the ocean!

[Dec 2, 2011 5:23:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clarence11

Just to point out in FItB's intent post Emmett wrote

Assuming the island's schedule stays, the blockade will commence on Saturday, December 3rd at noon game time.

OOO decided that the island openers would be on the same weekend on all oceans.

Even on Mala - surely you don't expect an island opening to be contested on only 1 weekend.

oh Wait - I believe I did see some people assume that FIB would have the first island opening in 2 years as a cosy flagsit all to themselves.

Didn't they already get to design Drogeo? Oh yes and Celesta? Just saying...
Clarence of Malachite and Formerly Crimson /e sobs

Looking for the action
[Dec 3, 2011 12:06:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kamuflaro

FitB is not BD, suck it.
Forum mute - your shot at the waves of spam (also works on threads)
[Dec 3, 2011 4:30:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jedra

Just to point out in FItB's intent post Emmett wrote

Assuming the island's schedule stays, the blockade will commence on Saturday, December 3rd at noon game time.

OOO decided that the island openers would be on the same weekend on all oceans.

Even on Mala - surely you don't expect an island opening to be contested on only 1 weekend.

oh Wait - I believe I did see some people assume that FIB would have the first island opening in 2 years as a cosy flagsit all to themselves.

Uh...

Whether its contested or not, what''s the point of doing it at the time where the fewest possible players are going to be around (i.e. many from both this and other oceans will be on viridian?)

No one is objecting to Argosy going for an island opener. They're objecting to doing it at the worst possible time they could have chosen.

Honestly I would not be surprised if no one takes the island this weekend given the timing.
Kaine, the Dreamer

Former King of Sick Man's Dream
Former Royal of Fill in the Blank
Former Royal of Utopia

Former Captain (any every rank below) of Wicked

Current drunken bum who occasionally posts when he's bored.
[Dec 3, 2011 6:00:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dwizzles

I'd like to offer Azarbad the great my sincere congratulations for his successful colonization of Acanthaster Splits.

I'll be looking for you in game to talk about purchasing the inn.

lolololol
-Dwizzles
Captain of Skeletons
King of Illuminatti
[Dec 4, 2011 9:08:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atoms12123

I'd like to offer Azarbad the great my sincere congratulations for his successful colonization of Acanthaster Splits.

lolololol

That was hilarious! You had me rolling on the floor laughing with that post!
Ions
Captain of the Pimps at Sea.

Avatars by Inghild, Yumisa ...and Imp.
[Dec 4, 2011 10:33:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Atoms12123    Atoms12123 [Link]  Go to top 
SaviourS

lolololol

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who got this deep and well thought out joke! What ocean sports such humor please? Direct me to your home, for I am in need of laughter.
Saviour, Meridian
[Dec 4, 2011 11:03:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Disgraced

lolololol

So I heard Imrams picked an SMH. Good job Hunter! :D
Bunnyspawn, prince of Coherent Insanity on Meridian.

Jdilla's wench on Emerald.
[Dec 4, 2011 11:25:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Doulber

lolololol

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who got this deep and well thought out joke! What ocean sports such humor please? Direct me to your home, for I am in need of laughter.

If you go there you throw all morals out the window. It has more immature players than Malachite and frankly the people have a lower IQ. They smell and like to burp at the dinner table. This is where greenies are mean and mouth off to greeters and the blockade scene is now equal to Malachite's.

Other than that, Dwizzles does suck :)

[Dec 4, 2011 3:18:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates