• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 113
Posts: 113   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 28090 times and has 112 replies Next Thread
glittertjess

*Knockout's Stormy Fell Intent*

Knockout's intent for Stormy Fell !

Blockade details:
When - 3rd December, Noon gametime.
Pay - 1,000/seg
Sinking - Yes
JCs - JobKO and JobK.
Click here for the intent video

Change in the island theme:
Due to popular demand, we have changed the island theme to Sports (Popular sports, Terms used and popular teams of your fav sport.). We'll be picking some names by suggestions in this thread. Post your suggestions here in appropriate categories, we'll be picking atleast 2 names for actual naming of the buildings. The winners will get 10 roguemarks each. Click here for the full island plans.

Pre-blockade fun:
We'll be jobbing 2 hours in advance. We will load a GF to sink it in Atlantis, so good luck with the injuries! (Idea by Dalnoth/Coerced Coexistence ~ Hunter). While we load and sail to the map itself, trivias and big local tournaments will be organized. We'll be handing out a free Orange Sleeping hat too to the jobbers!

During the blockade:
We'll be handing out prizes to the top puzzlers of randomly selected puzzle during a few selected segments on our frigs from time to time.The naver onboard will announce the segment and the puzzle during the start of the segment. You can claim your prize from the particular naver after the blockade. Prizes to be won are - 5x Free Single Portrait with Governorship title (You can choose any of the KO islands), 5x plain sloops, 5x random new swords, 1x black puppy, 1x black dog and 1x atlantean silver kark.

Don't worry if you can't top the DR, we'll be handing out 25 black boxes to random excellent+ puzzlers during the entire blockade. The naver onboard will announce the winner's name after checking the DR of a random segment and you can collect your prize after the cade from them!

Forum event:

Guess my hand - All you need to do is guess X and Y (suit doesn't matter)
** Dealing cards to Cairna: X, Y
RomeuSamp folded
biglad folded
Cairna raised to €6.00
DXM108 folded
rufus9966 called - €6.00

** Dealing the flop: Js, 2c, Ks
rufus9966 bet - €6.00
Cairna raised to €18.00
rufus9966 called - €18.00

** Dealing the turn: 7c
rufus9966 checked
Cairna bet - €34.00
rufus9966 raised to €68.00
Cairna went all-in - €331.66
rufus9966 went all-in - €110.00

** Dealing the river: 4d
rufus9966 shows: A, B
Cairna shows: X, Y
Cairna wins €402.00 from the main pot.
Prize for guessing the right answer is a wine chroma! There can be multiple winners so feel free to repeat answers posted before you. One entry per pirate only. Last date to post your entries is Sunday, 4th December, Noon gametime.

Come support Knockout at Stormy Fell and tell all your friends too!

----------------------------------------
Cairna
Monarch of Knockout on Meridian & Emerald
[Dec 1, 2011 9:05:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
123park

Re: *Knockout's Stormy Fell Intent*

Your hand must have been 2 2.
Technitium
[Dec 1, 2011 9:17:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elfeesh

Theme still sucks. Intent video made me cringe. Blatantly jacked RM's ideas /again/.

Before I get shouted at by the other royals in my flag, this is my opinion only and I don't represent Dilemma, etc.
Elfeesh

"We are all worms. But I do believe I am a glow-worm."
[Dec 1, 2011 9:18:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
123park

Theme still sucks. Intent video made me cringe. Blatantly jacked RM's ideas /again/.

How comes that... If KO was sooner with posting an intent / ideas on how they want to run the island and how they want to make the jobbers happy whilst jobbing for the Blockade. How comes you wouldn't call out RM for "copying" ( as you called it, just because RM posted their Intent sooner than KO)??
Technitium
[Dec 1, 2011 9:20:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitehazed

How comes that... If KO was sooner with posting an intent / ideas on how they want to run the island and how they want to make the jobbers happy whilst jobbing for the Blockade. How comes you wouldn't call out RM for "copying" ( as you called it, just because RM posted their Intent sooner than KO)??

In english?

Ill take a pop at K7
Recruiting a 'Nagflar' character to hold my camel.
# Team Bacon Strips # SwagSauce # YOTO.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Whitehazed at Dec 1, 2011 9:24:34 AM]
[Dec 1, 2011 9:23:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Delinet

Good luck KO! :)

*2 7 for sure!
/Delinet

Senior Officer of Tapout
Lord of Knockout

Xpirate's pimp since est. September 2011
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Delinet at Dec 1, 2011 10:03:17 AM]
[Dec 1, 2011 9:26:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
123park

In english?

Ill take a pop at K7

I apologise for the fact your brain isn't capable of working properly enough to understand english. Though I couldn't be bothered looking at my screen whilst typing.
Technitium
[Edit 2 times, last edit by 123park at Dec 1, 2011 9:51:18 AM]
[Dec 1, 2011 9:31:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Joaoo99

Good Luck KO

Hand 2 7
Joaoo says, "Teach me rumbling :P"
Rudis says, "you click with mouse pow pow"
Rudis says, "done!"
[Dec 1, 2011 9:32:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Delinet

Good Luck KO

Hand 2 7

Hah too late already guessed the lucky hand ;)
/Delinet

Senior Officer of Tapout
Lord of Knockout

Xpirate's pimp since est. September 2011
[Dec 1, 2011 9:34:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitehazed

Seriously Tech, you are trying to tell me that made sense? Cmon now.

Before this gets de-railed, im in favour of the changing of the theme. I'd still loved to have seen weather though D:
Recruiting a 'Nagflar' character to hold my camel.
# Team Bacon Strips # SwagSauce # YOTO.
[Dec 1, 2011 9:34:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Randomite

I apologise for the fact that your brain isn't capable of working properly for understanding my correct english when I can't be bothered to look at my screen while looking.

Even if there is a mistake in it, doubt it really..
Or were it the two questionmarks?

Thanks, I needed a new sig.

Edit: Pocket Kings, just because i made a post anyway.
Disengaged.

Dexade tells ye, "i m not talking to you and dont want your cookies!"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Randomite at Dec 1, 2011 9:37:52 AM]
[Dec 1, 2011 9:35:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
olane110294

Must be 69!
Kuskus
[Dec 1, 2011 9:50:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Disgraced

Going to go with K J.
Bunnyspawn, prince of Coherent Insanity on Meridian.

Jdilla's wench on Emerald.
[Dec 1, 2011 10:02:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Luxory

Palace - Crystal Palace (Clearly famous at the moment after they knocked out United in the carling cup)

Commodity market - Transfer Market

Real Estate -

IM Monger -

Distillery - Carling Brewery (after the carling cup sponsers Carling)

Shipyard - Caught Shipside (Offside reference)

Tailors -

I'll update the others if I think of any
Luxory on Obsidian.
Aristoza flag royalty chats, "Ro initiated all the greenies by getting them on one big ship and sinking them all at once"
Positive Penguins
[Dec 1, 2011 10:04:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
boroboy1

Yes but they weren't as such they have looked at RM's ideas and just thought yeah that works, ctrl+c, ctrl+v, then tweaked it so slightly as if to make it look original. That's why.
Seepnah
[Dec 1, 2011 12:43:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ade446

J, 7
Sincerely
[Dec 1, 2011 1:05:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Txen

J J ?
[Dec 1, 2011 1:26:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

If we assume Cairna is on the button and the blinds are 2, then there were definately a pair of suited connectors. Since X Y indicates two different cards and the other guy obviously had king high you probably beat him with a two pair. Even though it's been said already I'm sure it was J-7 suited.
Dahl "I have higher moral standards" gren
[Dec 1, 2011 1:54:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Judiciousman

K 4

Just cause, everything else was taken.
Wirelesscon, Wirelessconn - Emerald
Wirelesscon - Meridian

Causing 87 comment facebook wars like it's my job.
Melany tells ye, "I secretly like you"
Daquan tells ye, "hi bby how are you <3333"
[Dec 1, 2011 2:03:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

KJ
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Dec 1, 2011 2:10:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

I think a lot of us appreciate the fact that you listened to what seemed to be predominant criticism for your previous naming theme and changed it. As far as sports go, you may want to narrow it down to a single sport if you're going to be open to using team names. I just feel like it'll be all over the place if you have the New York Knickers (tailor) next-door to Evertongs (IM) or Vases Loaded (funisher?). Or maybe not, I may just be nit-picking. What do others think?

And you can consider those three entries. :P
[removed by SOPA]
[Dec 1, 2011 2:41:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
glittertjess

I think a lot of us appreciate the fact that you listened to what seemed to be predominant criticism for your previous naming theme and changed it. As far as sports go, you may want to narrow it down to a single sport if you're going to be open to using team names. I just feel like it'll be all over the place if you have the New York Knickers (tailor) next-door to Evertongs (IM) or Vases Loaded (funisher?). Or maybe not, I may just be nit-picking. What do others think?

And you can consider those three entries. :P

I thought about that and we'll be picky when we name the buildings. We will try and pick names that can be recognized and related to sports by almost everyone. Worldwide Popularity over regional populariy would be a key in naming the buildings.
Cairna
Monarch of Knockout on Meridian & Emerald
[Dec 1, 2011 2:57:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fransalle

Palace: I vote for "La mano de D10S" representing the most famous goal in the History of soccer football . Since (atleast in spanish) "the hands" in the economy represent the Government and how the government alters firms/companies (taxes,subsidies,etc) to make an economy work.

For anyone who hasn't seen it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VXbqA1YRqY
Viridian
-----------
Iwnabeu
[Dec 1, 2011 3:03:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Milkcold

Palace - Hall of Fame

Commodity market- Head Trades ( Head coach)

Real Estate - Upgraded Equipment

IM Monger - Pitching Balls (baseball)

Distillery - Fine Strike (bowling)

Shipyard - All Star Ships (all star games)

Tailors - Team Mascots

Inn- Betting Chips

Poker hand : J K
Was Coldmilk
[Dec 1, 2011 3:10:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
draton

Before I get shouted at by the other royals in my flag, this is my opinion only and I don't represent Dilemma, etc.

You don't like our theme or intent, fine. But what did we jack?

Our pre-during cade events are all pretty standard events to do that will actually help increase jobbing numbers.

Besides, what could we do that wasn't already being done?
Trivia,
Prize give aways,
Clothing give aways,
Tourneys,
Large ship event,
forum event.

What can you think of that might help get more jobbers that isnt somehow related to those? The list of stuff is pretty darn small. What you're seeing is simply what happens if you go second in this sort of thing, where both sides will try anything to get as many jobbers as possible. (I may have missed a few that either side is doing, but you take my point)

For the record not one of our ideas was ctrl c-v'd all were debated and discussed in flag chat before this intent was posted.
Glacial - Meridian
Hielo - Emerald
Starscream - Obsidian

Nemesis says, "I think I found the problem."
Nemesis says, "You're a Decepticon."
Starscream says, "I've changed :("
Nemesis says, "They all say that.
[Dec 1, 2011 3:53:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Judiciousman

IM Bazaar: Ball In

lulz i so funny rite?
Wirelesscon, Wirelessconn - Emerald
Wirelesscon - Meridian

Causing 87 comment facebook wars like it's my job.
Melany tells ye, "I secretly like you"
Daquan tells ye, "hi bby how are you <3333"
[Dec 1, 2011 4:11:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elfeesh

hay u gutz i got a rly gd 1 4 the theeme we shuld do liek a sexks theem? so liek a ion mungr culd be balls deep lols x
Elfeesh

"We are all worms. But I do believe I am a glow-worm."
[Dec 1, 2011 4:15:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

^Inner.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Dec 1, 2011 4:17:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Wnyw

Good Game.....
[Dec 1, 2011 4:51:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Alkazzar

k 10. Lets win it
Alkazzar on all oceans.

Rodrigo's Revenge; Fortune
[Dec 1, 2011 7:15:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 113   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates