• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 127
Posts: 127   Pages: 5   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 14388 times and has 126 replies Next Thread
Mamabuns2

For The Good of Mala

The time has come for Sick Man's Dream to move on in our eternal goal to please an ocean with more blockades and to promote smaller flags into the blockade scene.

With this we are withdrawing the alliance with Fill in the Blank after months of discussion and waiting.

We believe that this will benefit the ocean we love and care about in the sense of having a healthy blockading ocean with several different contesters.

With this, we also believe we will balance out scare factors that have kept new people from joining the blockade scene.

You might ask us, why now? Is it because of the Island opener? It is one of the many reasons, yes, but it is not the only reason.

Mala is one of only two oceans that are having an Island opener and we were sad to learn that FIB was going to be the only contender for it.

Did we really want the biggest blockade for the past 2 years being a BK Cade/Flag sit? No, we did not. An uncontested blockade for an Island opener would mean Mala is a dead ocean. Who would want to see that of their home?

We are taking this step for Mala and for the better of the ocean.

I hope to see you on this weekend.

Acanthaster Spits

Our plans for this lovely Island are as follows:

~ Shacks

~ Tailor Bazaar

~ Weavery Bazaar

~ IM Bazaar

~ Cottages

~ Mansions

* The theme will also be following after the Acanthaster which means "Crown of Thorns".

* We also plan to complete the Awesome Gila Archipelago by adding a furniture on Nightshade in the very near future.

----------------------------------------
Mamabuns on all Oceans ~ Mala is where my <3 is!!!

Queen of Sick Man's Dream
[Dec 1, 2011 2:09:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

Re: For The Good of Mala

oooh, I'm glad another flag is contending.

I have questions for both flags.

Why another tailor, over a distillery (which would seem to me to be better for pillaging - at least, in the long run). If you compare to the islands in Lacerta, they all have an IM and distillery, and then everything else is spread out.

@SMD... how do you plan to build a furnisher on Nightshade? The island is full!

Edit: Know your archipelagos.
Edit2: OARSOME no interocean upstarts this time around :D
Now I just have to lament the fact that I can't be there anyway :(
Imp, totally sane mermaid-siren of Meridian.
Superdoodle avatar by Budclare =D
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Snowpixie at Dec 1, 2011 2:50:09 AM]
[Dec 1, 2011 2:47:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Angelique82

oooh, I'm glad another flag is contending.

I'm glad you feel the same way!

I have questions for both flags.

Why another tailor, over a distillery (which would seem to me to be better for pillaging - at least, in the long run). If you compare to the islands in Lacerta, they all have an IM and distillery, and then everything else is spread out.

a tailor is required for a greeny spawn and that is what we want to create. We decided to go for a weavery because we don't want to ignore the fact that the island spawns hemp. Also a tailor needs a weavery to work. Instead of having to drive all the way to another island they can order their needs on the same island.

And for not choosing the distillery: rum is one of the lighest resource you need for pillaging. You can fill a sloop with 13.500 units of rum and solo it to any destination. Also Acanthaster does not spawn sugar cane which is needed to make rum.

@SMD... how do you plan to build a furnisher on Nightshade? The island is full!
(

Well spotted ;) We are working together with the current owners of the Shipyard on NS. This means that we are planning to buy it off them to let it dust. After it dusts we can build a furnisher shoppe to complete the arch.
Meridian: Ever
Emerald: Everlasting
[Dec 1, 2011 3:31:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mitchie101

An uncontested blockade for an Island opener would mean Mala is a dead ocean.

I lol'd.
Mitch on Obsidian.
Mitchiie on Meridian and Emerald.
[Dec 1, 2011 6:20:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
syzlaki

This shit is crazy
Mrhanky
[Dec 1, 2011 8:11:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

If by months of discussion, you mean telling me last night on Vent.
Emmett
[Dec 1, 2011 10:45:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tangosueno

I believe, that was referring to months of discussion among themselves, not you, obviously.
Tangosueno in the Meridian~~
Gallo says, "I barely ever have to move it myself anymore"

[Dec 1, 2011 11:09:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SaviourS

I believe, that was referring to months of discussion among themselves, not you, obviously.

Then I believe it was worded wrongly son
Saviour, Meridian
[Dec 1, 2011 11:11:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

My point exactly.
Emmett
[Dec 1, 2011 11:11:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tangosueno

My point exactly.

Who said you needed to be included in the discussions of what their flag wants to do and achieve on the ocean? I don't think you included them in every discussion you had with your royals did you?

A perfect quote from you - You understand alliances can be terminated for blockades, correct?

[Dec 1, 2011 11:20:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ade446

I'm highly amused. I can feel the burn all the way over here. Carry on.
Sincerely
[Dec 1, 2011 11:46:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mitchie101

When in an alliance, it does sort of show courtesy if you inform each other when that is needed. In this case you know, with a flag wanting to terminate it (apparently for a long time), it looked needed to me.

Anyway, on-topic, an alliance to be terminated to get a bit of fun on this ocean shows exactly how dead it is. I lol at the people sitting back and not doing anything, just waiting for the (former) FiB/SmD alliance to do something about it.
Mitch on Obsidian.
Mitchiie on Meridian and Emerald.
[Dec 1, 2011 12:19:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

So, rather than out-right build a furnishing bazaar on Acanthaster, you want it to hinge on the chance of being able to secure a SY? The weaving industry is already weak. Creating an entirely new bazaar eliminates all possibility of trade between Nightshade and Acanthaster, as it would be redundant.

Also, with a mansion being only one step above a vila, you are only offering the ocean a slightly larger reskining of what they already have available. Considering the popularity of grandiose flag halls, I question why SMD would doubt that the ocean is not interested in the finest housing option available.
Emmett
[Edit 1 times, last edit by monstersoda at Dec 1, 2011 1:57:38 PM]
[Dec 1, 2011 1:57:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Doulber

So, rather than out-right build a furnishing bazaar on Acanthaster, you want it to hinge on the chance of being able to secure a SY? The weaving industry is already weak. Creating an entirely new bazaar eliminates all possibility of trade between Nightshade and Acanthaster, as it would be redundant.

Also, with a mansion being only one step above a vila, you are only offering the ocean a slightly larger reskining of what they already have available. Considering the popularity of grandiose flag halls, I question why SMD would doubt that the ocean is not interested in the finest housing option available.

This should give you extra motivation to go for the island then. I hate people ruining Malachite, it's oh so pretty.
Official spokesman of Ade446.
Barnabas the Pale tells ye, "You made me literally laugh out loud."

-The D: Retired.

[Dec 1, 2011 2:14:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Angelique82

Yeah man your plans are way better than ours and we all want the dormant SY to stay because its very pretty like that.

Great job on the names as well, you must have spend as much time on it as you have been stating facts and the truth on the forums. Good luck this weekend <3
Meridian: Ever
Emerald: Everlasting
[Dec 2, 2011 2:23:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

I don't see any issue with building an island appropriate to its spawn. Unlike other oceans, we probably even have the ability to dust bazaars with little effort to rebuild the arch a little more logically - although I definately think 2 weaveries and 2 tailors in the arch is overdone.
Imp, totally sane mermaid-siren of Meridian.
Superdoodle avatar by Budclare =D
[Dec 2, 2011 2:58:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

Just because an island spawns hemp does not me that is is destined to have a weavery. It would be a useless addition in this case.

Here's an idea: Why not dust the SY and build housing on Nightshade? Considering that the island has four bazaars already and only one housing option. Building the furnisher bazaar on Acanthaster allows stalls to compete with the palace in both rum and paint sales, removing the monopoly it would otherwise have and creating an even greater incentive to open a stall.

I highly suggest doing so, regardless of SMD's outcome. If you truly want blockading, make your islands worth blockading.

We have.
Emmett
[Edit 1 times, last edit by monstersoda at Dec 2, 2011 7:02:18 AM]
[Dec 2, 2011 6:59:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snoww3

make your islands worth blockading.

We have.

Am i the only one who giggled at this?
Snowwman on both oceans ~

How to end #2 in a rigging competition
[Dec 2, 2011 9:11:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
syzlaki

nope just you snow
Mrhanky
[Dec 2, 2011 9:51:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snoww3

nope just you snow

You haven't been around long enough to know what would be funny about it anyways.
Snowwman on both oceans ~

How to end #2 in a rigging competition
[Dec 2, 2011 11:26:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tangosueno

As Doulber kind of suggested. Don't like their island plans? Then that should motivate you that much more to win the blockade this weekend.
Good luck.

[Dec 2, 2011 11:34:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

As Doulber kind of suggested. Don't like their island plans? Then that should motivate you that much more to win the blockade this weekend.
Good luck.

So what, you are saying people can not state why a flag's intentions are poor? We'll be fighting hard, but it does not change the fact that SMD's plan is poor.
Emmett
[Dec 2, 2011 12:05:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ade446

If you truly want blockading, make your islands worth blockading.

We have.

So how exactly how you made your islands worth blockading? Seeing as there is no island on Mala even worth looking at, I find this statement to be like a big bucket of aids.
Sincerely
[Dec 2, 2011 12:20:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

If you truly want blockading, make your islands worth blockading.

We have.

So how exactly how you made your islands worth blockading? Seeing as there is no island on Mala even worth looking at, I find this statement to be like a big bucket of aids.

The level of amnesia on this ocean is quite depressing.
Emmett
[Dec 2, 2011 12:27:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ade446

What's depressing is your way of avoiding the question and instead going in an 'above the fray' condescending tone that you accused me of having earlier. Good stuff broski.
Sincerely
[Dec 2, 2011 12:32:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

What's depressing is your way of avoiding the question and instead going in an 'above the fray' condescending tone that you accused me of having earlier. Good stuff broski.

Let me correct that. The level of amnesia, at times that are convenient for the inflicted, is quite depressing.
Emmett
[Dec 2, 2011 12:42:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ade446

My question still stands.
Sincerely
[Dec 2, 2011 12:45:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

Drogeo was built in a way that ensures a stable economy while maintaining some palace privilege. The IM and Distillery stalls allow for the market to control stock prices, without any chance of the palace dominating sales at a high price. With two housing options on the island, paint sales are (theoretically) a good source of profit for the island rulers. Also, the island spawns greenies.

Celesta Isle started as a source of large ships for the ocean at a time when the alternatives were slim. With only one weaving bazaar in the arch, tailors on Drogeo were forced to either buy from Celesta, start their own stall, or depend on weavery managers to sell their cloth at Drogeo. With a villa on the island, the palace still has a chance at paint sales, but prices are controlled due to the inclusion of an apothecary bazaar after the dusting of a SY, Baghpipes. The palace, to make up for the loss in paint dominance, depends on ship supplies for income. Seeing as how there is a furnishing bazaar, stall owners can compete with the palace in swill, grog, small, and medium cannon balls sales.

The islands are balanced and thus worth owning.
Emmett
[Dec 2, 2011 1:08:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ade446

Drogeo was built in a way that ensures a stable economy while maintaining some palace privilege. The IM and Distillery stalls allow for the market to control stock prices, without any chance of the palace dominating sales at a high price. With two housing options on the island, paint sales are (theoretically) a good source of profit for the island rulers. Also, the island spawns greenies.

Celesta Isle started as a source of large ships for the ocean at a time when the alternatives were slim. With only one weaving bazaar in the arch, tailors on Drogeo were forced to either buy from Celesta, start their own stall, or depend on weavery managers to sell their cloth at Drogeo. With a villa on the island, the palace still has a chance at paint sales, but prices are controlled due to the inclusion of an apothecary bazaar after the dusting of a SY, Baghpipes. The palace, to make up for the loss in paint dominance, depends on ship supplies for income. Seeing as how there is a furnishing bazaar, stall owners can compete with the palace in swill, grog, small, and medium cannon balls sales.

I'm impressed. However, there's something. Indeed BD did a great job of designing these islands. And you should stick to refering to BD when you talk about this since your current flag didn't even excist at the time. But that is not what you were saying. You said that they're worth blockading, and in fact, there are only a handful of islands in this game that are. And they are certainly not located on Malachite.
Sincerely
[Dec 2, 2011 1:25:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

I'm impressed. However, there's something. Indeed BD did a great job of designing these islands. And you should stick to refering to BD when you talk about this since your current flag didn't even excist at the time. But that is not what you were saying. You said that they're worth blockading, and in fact, there are only a handful of islands in this game that are. And they are certainly not located on Malachite.

We are talking about Malachite, not the rest of the game. You asked why these islands were worth blockading, not who built them. The points stand.
Emmett
[Dec 2, 2011 1:28:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 127   Pages: 5   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates