• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 33
Posts: 33   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7186 times and has 32 replies Next Thread
glittertjess

*Knockout's plans for Stormy Fell*

Here's Knockout plans for Stormy fell!

As stated earlier, we opened Stormy Fell to increase the availability of iron in Garnet. Given the fact that it's location is quite far from the conventional pillaging routes, Knockout will strive to increase the activity around Stormy Fell with its island plans.

The island theme will be Poker Sports (Popular sports, Terms used and popular teams of your fav sport.).. I'll throw more light on our island plans (these are long term incase we win and keep the island) under the following heads:

Role of Fort/Palace:
Knockout will be taxing Stormy Fell at 0% during the whole time we own the island. The palace will not compete with the merchants and will only be used for selling commodities that aren't available in the early weeks (Such as paints, cannonballs and rum, etc.) till the market starts flourishing.

Shoppes/Stalls:
We've seen alot of paved islands on Viridan. Stormy Fell is one that I personally don't ever wanna see paved. However, I'm not a fan of no shoppes as they provide the merchants with more inventory space and labor time to finish their products faster. We will not be building more than 4 shoppes of a particular type on Stormy Fell. We reserve the right to build less if the island economy doesn't flourish as expected. For stall owners, we have an added bonus to encourage you. We will be paying the dub portion for opening a new stall for the first two weeks (Limited time offer: 10 dubs for any kind of stall for the first 2 weeks)! All you need to do is invite me or Cleoh to your stall after you've opened it and we'll tip you the 10 dubs if you opened your stall before 20th December, 2011! We reserve the right to deny payments to alts or under special conditions if we feel someone is using this promotion as an exploit at our own discretion. Any pirate can open stalls of different types too and get their bonuses paid out (10 dubs x number of different stalls opened). We'll auction a maximum of 1 shoppe of each type to make it available to the general public. Now the next thing you must be wondering about is how to create an active environment around Stormy Fell for your business. We will discuss that in the next heading.

Increasing business:
Once we have built the IM and Distillery bazaars and there are atleast 5 owners for each, we will carry out the following promotions:

*Event cade madness - Monday to Friday, we'll be scheduling a sloop only non-sinking event cade at Stormy Fell. The winner of the event daily will be awarded with 1 stocked sloop (20 FR/100 Scbs) on Stormy Fell. Prizes won't be handed out to a flag that wins consecutively. In such a case, the second place gets the sloop. The original winner can contest for the prize every alternate days only. Paycap for the event is 300/seg.

*SMH/Flotilla promotion - If any SMH/Flotilla spawns near Stormy Fell, we'll be offering a 25% discount on stocks purchased from a merchant at Stormy Fell for these sea activities upto a maximum of 25k per pirate per day. You'll have to trade the deed(s) of the vessel to me or Cleoh to check the vessel record for the amount of stocks used for claiming this discount.

*Attractions - Knockout will be constructing both Explorer hall and Black Market on Stormy Fell.

*Stormy Fell Blockade League - We'll be hosting a 1 round sloop only sinking event blockade at Stormy Fell in the 4th week of governorship after we've given out atleast 20 sloops in the daily event cades. The winner of the event will get a plot on Stormy Fell that they can use for building an upgraded shoppe of their own choice for the flag's use. Second prize will be a serpent familiar. I'll post more about this in details in Viridian Events if we win and hold onto the island.

Increasing population and foot traffic:

*Housing - Knockout will be building every kind of housing on Stormy Fell. For those interested in living at Stormy Fell, we have a special offer for you! We'll be paying 50% of the dub portion required to purchase a particular type of house for the first week after its completion. The type of houses that are included in this promotion are - Cabin, Bungalow (3 dubs paid back), Cottage, Rowhouse, Townhouse and Manors. All you need to do is invite me or Cleoh to your house to confirm the dates.

*Whisking - Knockout will help people in whisking to Stormy Fell. All you need to do is send a tell to any of these pirates if they're online and they'll invite you to Stormy Fell - Cairna, Cleoh, Kikkit and Technitium (I'll add more people to the list as they volunteer, Original idea by Duckling/EAC - Hunter).

The Inn:
Knockout will be treating inn as a private property and it will not be available for auction to the public. We reserve the right to transfer the ownership deed to anyone at our own discretion. We'll be carriyng out some fun events at the inn regularly regardless who the owner is (as long as its built by Knockout initially):

*Daily local tournaments - We will be throwing a 50K local tournament daily at the inn for the first two weeks upon its construction. The order of the tournament will be Swordfighting, Rumble, Treasure drop and Drinking (only 1 per tournament per day). An ocean-wide tournament will be thrown to broadcast the local inn-tournament.

*Porphyris SF/rumble bounty - Porphyris will be seen at the inn every now and then. He'll be advertising SF/rumble wagers whenever he is online and at the inn. He'll wager 2.5k poe to your zero poe! For every pirate that he beats, he'll add 1K to a progressive jackpot till someone eventually beats him. He'll then re-drop the wager to 2.5k and start-over again. SF and rumble bounties will be tracked seperately. Rematches aren't allowed. He reserves the right to reject alt-wagers. There are no fixed times for this, so keep an eye out for him at the inn!

Charm items:
The funds raised from the auctioning off of shoppes will be used on various charm items to beautify the island (PS: I love Terra docks and I know alot more people do as well).

For Knockout, Stormy Fell was more about leaving behind special memories that people would always remember us for, instead of a large island for filling our pockets. I hope Viridian gives us the chance to put our effective plans into motion in creating Stormy Fell a healthy economy.
----------------------------------------
Cairna
Monarch of Knockout on Meridian & Emerald
[Edit 1 times, last edit by glittertjess at Dec 1, 2011 9:05:37 AM]
[Nov 29, 2011 2:52:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elfeesh

Re: *Knockout's plans for Stormy Fell*

Knockout will be treating inn as a private property and it will not be available for auction to the public. We reserve the right to transfer the ownership deed to anyone at our own discretion. We'll be carriyng out some fun events at the inn regularly regardless who the owner is (as long as its built by Knockout initially):

Ksb must be gutted :(
Elfeesh

"We are all worms. But I do believe I am a glow-worm."
[Nov 29, 2011 3:01:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Darlieboy

Double thumbs up
~We don't stop playing because we grow old,
we grow old because we stop playing~
[Nov 29, 2011 3:05:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
briskysforum

The island theme will be Poker, which has been a very significant feature of THE DOWNBRINGING of Puzzle Pirates .

As you did with hunter now your conquest for viridian is to kill this ocean to i guess...
Support Response:
Poor Alice. Hang tight. ====== Alright, Alice has been restored to you.
Most hated pirate in meridian and viridian 2 years running :D
[Edit 1 times, last edit by briskysforum at Nov 29, 2011 3:08:22 PM]
[Nov 29, 2011 3:06:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

Because both RM and KO have posted fairly similar intents and plans, would it be ridiculous to suggest both sides come to an agreement on any of the following:

Pay cap / ship cap for the opening blockade

Keeping jobbing even

Allowing the winning flag (supposedly the one supported more by Viridian, not just by buying the blockade if ^ is agreed to or kept decent) 2 to 3 months to build up the island, and if after that point it is felt the holder isn't doing a good enough job, then drop? Of course this would apply to any flags allied, in co-operation, or under the guise of the two parties.

Or is that just ridiculous?

Edit: Brisky's post reminded me:

Poker has negatively influenced PP in a large way, and that's coming from someone who's made 8 figures off it. If you want that as an island theme, go for it, but personally, I feel this game would be a lot better off in all aspects had poker never been introduced.

Edit2: Don't be confused, I'm not involved with RM, nor speaking for them. As a member of the ocean however, I am asking the above.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Setsusa at Nov 29, 2011 3:10:40 PM]
[Nov 29, 2011 3:07:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
glittertjess

Because both RM and KO have posted fairly similar intents and plans, would it be ridiculous to suggest both sides come to an agreement on any of the following:

Pay cap / ship cap for the opening blockade

Keeping jobbing even

Allowing the winning flag (supposedly the one supported more by Viridian, not just by buying the blockade if ^ is agreed to or kept decent) 2 to 3 months to build up the island, and if after that point it is felt the holder isn't doing a good enough job, then drop? Of course this would apply to any flags allied, in co-operation, or under the guise of the two parties.

Or is that just ridiculous?

Actually to be fair, the island plans have alot of difference. Both are decent none the less, but they aren't similar.

Edit: Brisky's post reminded me:

Poker has negatively influenced PP in a large way, and that's coming from someone who's made 8 figures off it. If you want that as an island theme, go for it, but personally, I feel this game would be a lot better off in all aspects had poker never been introduced.

I wouldn't disagree with this but it doesn't change my main point that it has a huge significance on PP and almost everyone has some related experience/memories with it.
Cairna
[Edit 1 times, last edit by glittertjess at Nov 29, 2011 3:16:26 PM]
[Nov 29, 2011 3:15:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mrislander

This is awesome :)
~Mrislander, Officer of Phantasm~
~Valete, Independent pirate~

Luckeducke says, "sunni put her cat down today :("
Nightbear says, "bow-chika-wow-wow"
[Nov 29, 2011 3:17:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000104269293 [Link]  Go to top 
master2482

I have to agree with Cremate on this. A friendly (at least not pay-warred/massively outjobbed) blockade would be best not only for the future of the island, but for the ocean. It could show smaller flags that the "big guys" aren't going to destroy them, making them a bit more willing to drop, maybe even on Stormy, helping to not create another Hadrian.

Cairna, is there anything in the works to help facilitate future blockades?

The people about there, had they been awake instead of asleep, at other times would have seen even stranger things. Some day, but not at this time, I shall make an announcement of something that I never once dreamed of.

[Nov 29, 2011 3:26:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

We will not be building more than 4 shoppes of a particular type on Stormy Fell.

Why even build four? The island's shoppes are going to have very little value if there is more than two or three and very low amounts of business. I think it would be best to have at a max, two shoppes of each type. Even one Tailor shoppe may only see a few visitors a day considering barely anyone visits Garnet and if they do 90% of them go to Napi/Jubilee.
Captainrich
[Nov 29, 2011 3:28:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackingg

Not a big fan of the Poker Theme, just for association. However, I can see how you could have some hilariously named buildings or cleverly named buildings because of it.

Also, will you be doing anything to encourage pillaging (Outside of stock prices)?

I think a divide in the DN - TLM route slayers would be good, but clearly, they would need some incentive.
Ivytheblade

Not intended for those with weak constitutions

Now officially dating half your Parley Trolls.
[Nov 29, 2011 3:29:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
glittertjess

I have to agree with Cremate on this. A friendly (at least not pay-warred/massively outjobbed) blockade would be best not only for the future of the island, but for the ocean. It could show smaller flags that the "big guys" aren't going to destroy them, making them a bit more willing to drop, maybe even on Stormy, helping to not create another Hadrian.

I don't think there will be another Hadrian created if the two biggest contenders have both shown the will for not paving the island. I can't really say whether the two sides will come to a deal or not as of now.

Cairna, is there anything in the works to help facilitate future blockades?

As of now, I have 3 pending requests for the outpost blockades. But with the opener, we're holding onto it however as soon as there are more free windows for us, we'll see them! Not to forget the Fintan offer is up for grabs and I believe there are 2 parties interested in it.
Cairna
[Edit 1 times, last edit by glittertjess at Nov 29, 2011 3:39:26 PM]
[Nov 29, 2011 3:37:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
glittertjess

We will not be building more than 4 shoppes of a particular type on Stormy Fell.

Why even build four? The island's shoppes are going to have very little value if there is more than two or three and very low amounts of business. I think it would be best to have at a max, two shoppes of each type. Even one Tailor shoppe may only see a few visitors a day considering barely anyone visits Garnet and if they do 90% of them go to Napi/Jubilee.

I'm not sure if you read the whole thing. I did say we will build less if the island doesn't get enough business. We won't go dropping shoppes one after the other of the same type.We'll let the island speak for itself over a good sample of time.
Cairna
[Nov 29, 2011 3:38:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

This is my attempt to break down the two plans and compare / contrast them, bold text is KO.

For Business:

No Shoppes - Viridian Ocean is already over saturated with shoppes and we do not think that it needs any more. By limiting the island to only bazaars we are giving fair opportunity to those who wish to run a business on the island.
In saying this we realise this may be more of a dream than a reality. In past experience we opened a tailor bazaar on Prolix, after weeks of advertising not one person opened a stall there. It is possible that there will be little or no interest in a certain type of stall on the island. We feel that 4 weeks will be long enough for us to assess the progress of the stalls, if after this time for example there are no weaving stalls it may be essential to place a weaving shoppe so that other stall owners will have access to the cloth.
If there is a need for a shoppe the first shoppe will be given out in a Lima shoppe style event such as an event blockade or a trade route race. If there is then further need for shoppes they may be given out in other events or traded only to those who have previously proven themselves as competent shopkeepers with the promise that it won't be used solely for flag use.

We've seen alot of paved islands on Viridan. Stormy Fell is one that I personally don't ever wanna see paved. However, I'm not a fan of no shoppes as they provide the merchants with more inventory space and labor time to finish their products faster. We will not be building more than 4 shoppes of a particular type on Stormy Fell. We reserve the right to build less if the island economy doesn't flourish as expected. For stall owners, we have an added bonus to encourage you. We will be paying the dub portion for opening a new stall for the first two weeks (Limited time offer: 10 dubs for any kind of stall for the first 2 weeks)! All you need to do is invite me or Cleoh to your stall after you've opened it and we'll tip you the 10 dubs if you opened your stall before 20th December, 2011! We reserve the right to deny payments to alts or under special conditions if we feel someone is using this promotion as an exploit at our own discretion. Any pirate can open stalls of different types too and get their bonuses paid out (10 dubs x number of different stalls opened). We'll auction a maximum of 1 shoppe of each type to make it available to the general public. Now the next thing you must be wondering about is how to create an active environment around Stormy Fell for your business. We will discuss that in the next heading.

Both sides agree that a paved island is not beneficial to the ocean. RM is taking the side of no shoppes, where KO says yeah, let's have a few, but limit it. KO has also included an incentive to open stalls to compensate for the shoppe competition, whereas I think RM doesn't need to offer an incentive, though they might add one, due to the lack of shoppe presence.

0 shoppes means no shoppes to compete with. While it means some products will not be able to be produced, it makes owning a stall actually worth it. You can no doubt run a stall profitably, but due to the extra capacities of shoppes, its akin to navving a brig vs a frig. It can be done, but its hardly a worthwhile effort. Secondly, the RM plan involves a clause to introduce some shoppes if the 0 shoppe method isn't going well, whereas the KO plan ignores the possibility of taking a 0 shoppe route. Thirdly, from the sounds of it, whether this is true or not, no RM shoppes will be flag owned, whereas there is nothing preventing KO from having flag owned shoppes.

0% Taxes - Forever. Stall owners will be able to craft products for reasonable profit while at the same time offer cheap competitive prices without having to worry about a high rent.

The Shopkeepers Reward - To encourage fair shopkeeping there will be a 50k a week prize to a random stall owner. To be eligible for this reward the stall must be selling 80% of the items for a profit above cost price, we want to create a competitive market where there are no stalls selling below cost as you would find on Lima. This reward will begin being handed out when there are at least 8 stalls in each bazaar.

For Blockaders:

Events - There will be regular event blockades on the island where we will offer prizes to the winning flag. The prizes will range from ships on SF some limited edition, to dates with Anchovia. A thread in VE will be set up to announce the times and other details of all our events and the winners of past events.

Increasing business:
Once we have built the IM and Distillery bazaars and there are atleast 5 owners for each, we will carry out the following promotions:

*Event cade madness - Monday to Friday, we'll be scheduling a sloop only non-sinking event cade at Stormy Fell. The winner of the event daily will be awarded with 1 stocked sloop (20 FR/100 Scbs) on Stormy Fell. Prizes won't be handed out to a flag that wins consecutively. In such a case, the second place gets the sloop. The original winner can contest for the prize every alternate days only. Paycap for the event is 300/seg.

*SMH/Flotilla promotion - If any SMH/Flotilla spawns near Stormy Fell, we'll be offering a 25% discount on stocks purchased from a merchant at Stormy Fell for these sea activities upto a maximum of 25k per pirate per day. You'll have to trade the deed(s) of the vessel to me or Cleoh to check the vessel record for the amount of stocks used for claiming this discount.

Different requirements on when the incentives start. RM takes a shopkeepers work = shopkeepers benefit route whereas KO takes a shopkeepers work = pillagers benefit route. I think the RM stance is more to the intrinsic effort of shopkeepers, whereas KO's could be abused by some people who are expanding into pillaging briefly, this may be the goal, but poor for long term island economy. Note: both sides have an event blockade scheme.

The Palace - To help shopkeepers get started during the development period any commodities used for production such as herbs, minerals and basic commodities that the palace has will be sold at the price we paid for them. They will be sold in smaller numbers to make sure this isn't abused. The palace will also be fully stocked with ship supplies as soon as possible for those wishing to adventure around the new region.

Knockout will be taxing Stormy Fell at 0% during the whole time we own the island. The palace will not compete with the merchants and will only be used for selling commodities that aren't available in the early weeks (Such as paints, cannonballs and rum, etc.) till the market starts flourishing.

These are the same.

For Pillagers:

Sloop Swap - We will be offering a swapping system where you can trade a sloop anywhere in the ocean for a stocked and charted sloop on Stormy Fell ready for pillaging.

Charts - As there will be no Shipyard Shoppe placed on the island charts will have to be purchased from a stall in the Bazaar. Once again if there is no interest in a SY stall we will open one so you have the ability to purchase the local charts.

*Whisking - Knockout will help people in whisking to Stormy Fell. All you need to do is send a tell to any of these pirates if they're online and they'll invite you to Stormy Fell - Cairna, Cleoh, Kikkit and Technitium (I'll add more people to the list as they volunteer, Original idea by Duckling/EAC - Hunter).

Traffic increase ideas, I could see both sides using both.

*Attractions - Knockout will be constructing both Explorer hall and Black Market on Stormy Fell.

Explorers Hall - We will be placing an explorers hall to help increase the activity around SF.

KO takes the route of Explorer's Hall + Black Market whereas RM takes the route of Explorer's Hall. Personally, I think Explorer's Hall + Trading Post is the best combination, since I believe there is only one on the ocean, on Prolix, and that's slightly inconvenient if you live in another arch.

The Inn - As originally stated we do not plan to sell the Inn for profit. The Inn will not go towards helping us sit on SF for the next few years and it will not go to our BFF. In our original thread we said that we were going to listen to the ocean and that is what we have done here. The money made from the sale of the Inn will go towards helping new flags blockade. We originally tried to stop the island opening because we feel that there are not enough blockades, this suggestion was perfect for us as by providing other flags with the ability to cade there should be a rise in activity.
We went over a lot of scenarios of how exactly we help fund flags and none of them are exactly easy, we can't give flags out piles of poe and hope that they cade. For now we can't say how exactly the monetary help will come all that we can say is that it will, it may be in the form of a blockade package, refunding a % of poe spent or giving out a % of poe or it may be the proposed three step blockade or perhaps something completely different that is suggested in the weeks to come.
If we are to win it will be a few weeks before we can build and sell in the Inn. During this time we would like to continue to hear from VP and see how they would like to have new flags helped out. Many of you may be flags wanting to blockade, it would be great to hear from you on what you need to take the next step. If we are to win the island we will continue the discussion on the best way to go about doing this in the current discussion thread.

The Inn:
Knockout will be treating inn as a private property and it will not be available for auction to the public. We reserve the right to transfer the ownership deed to anyone at our own discretion. We'll be carriyng out some fun events at the inn regularly regardless who the owner is (as long as its built by Knockout initially)

Both sides treat the inn as non-profit. KO plans to just hold onto the inn, or give it to a friend, and do some random stuff with it that I have excluded, but will mention below. I feel that RM's method gives back to the ocean a lot more than KO's slight incentives, if the two plans are followed as they stand.

For Pirates:

Houses - As we are not building any shoppes the will be plenty of room for houses, because of this we will be placing every type of house from shack to pirate hall. We will be bringing new housing options to Garnet as at present there are only limited options. Currently there are no left facing shacks, cabins, bungalows, row houses, townhouses, villas, mansions, estates or pirates halls and no right facing cottages in Garnet.

*Housing - Knockout will be building every kind of housing on Stormy Fell. For those interested in living at Stormy Fell, we have a special offer for you! We'll be paying 50% of the dub portion required to purchase a particular type of house for the first week after its completion. The type of houses that are included in this promotion are - Cabin, Bungalow (3 dubs paid back), Cottage, Rowhouse, Townhouse and Manors. All you need to do is invite me or Cleoh to your house to confirm the dates.

Both sides agree on all types of housing, not so sure if KO is going to be building the types of housing that don't exist in Garnet, but I would assume so. The only difference, KO offers a 50% doubloon discount.

Charm - There will be a lot of space to fill on the island around the houses so we will be adding charm to make it look a bit fancier, not to worry though it won't look like Terra dock.

Charm items:
The funds raised from the auctioning off of shoppes will be used on various charm items to beautify the island (PS: I love Terra docks and I know alot more people do as well).

Both sides intend to place charm, and have differing opinions on Terra dock. Personally, I think it was a nice gesture, but in the wrong spot, it looks a little odd.

Theme - Who doesn't love a good retro video game? As previously posted our naming theme will be based on retro video games. We have to name a Palace, Estate agent, Comod Market, Bank, Inn, Tailor, IM, SY, Distill, Weave, Apoth and Furni Bazaars along with 10 houses so we need a lot of suggestions here.

The island theme will be Poker, which has been a very significant feature of Puzzle Pirates in almost every pirate's life, whether in a good way or bad.

Personally, as mentioned above, I think the "reason" for poker is kinda eh, but I also think that it's a poor island theme, retro video games is a much broader subject.

I have left out some minor points. Personally, I see the following:

Palace plan is exactly the same.

Different methodologies on shoppes.

Different goals on the inn.

Minor differences in some minor incentives.

Housing plans are the same

Both sides want to build a healthy economy and increase foot traffic, but have different ideas on how to do so.

So tell me, how are these plans that far different? Aside from a few shoppes and how the inn is handled, they are essentially the same and both seek the same final goal.

I reiterate my previous post.

Edit: Missed the bold on KO's charm intentions.
Edit2: Messed up theme as well :(
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Setsusa at Nov 29, 2011 3:45:39 PM]
[Nov 29, 2011 3:42:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lavo

Here's Knockout plans for Stormy fell! (We mainly copied)

As stated earlier, we opened Stormy Fell to increase the availability of iron in Garnet.

Iron Spawns on Havoc, which is at least 5 leagues closer to any other island in Garnet but hey, gotta create some reason for island sitting intentions.

Given the fact that it's location is quite far from the conventional pillaging routes, Knockout will strive to increase the activity around Stormy Fell with its island plans.

The island theme will be Poker, which has been a very significant feature of Puzzle Pirates in almost every pirate's life, whether in a good way or bad. I'll throw more light on our island plans (these are long term incase we win and keep the island) under the following heads:

Commemorated because it is what I used to win my poe to buy jobbers. And also to win my dollar to buy poe from people directly. And you know, to be Cairna, the Paywarpirate in general.

Role of Fort/Palace:

Yep, can't beat the 0% already offered, nice imagination.

Shoppes/Stalls:
We've seen alot of paved islands on Viridan. Stormy Fell is one that I personally don't ever wanna see paved. However, I'm not a fan of no shoppes as they provide the merchants with more inventory space and labor time to finish their products faster. We will not be building more than 4 shoppes of a particular type on Stormy Fell. We reserve the right to build less if the island economy doesn't flourish as expected.

4x7 = 28
+ 7 Bazaars
+ 11 Housing types
+ 2 Attractions
+ Palace
+ Market
+ Estate Agent
+ KSB's Inn

Yep all 52 plots are sure not going to make it look too crowded.

For stall owners, we have an added bonus to encourage you. We will be paying the dub portion for opening a new stall for the first two weeks (Limited time offer: 10 dubs for any kind of stall for the first 2 weeks)! All you need to do is invite me or Cleoh to your stall after you've opened it and we'll tip you the 10 dubs if you opened your stall before 20th December, 2011! We reserve the right to deny payments to alts or under special conditions if we feel someone is using this promotion as an exploit at our own discretion. Any pirate can open stalls of different types too and get their bonuses paid out (10 dubs x number of different stalls opened). We'll auction a maximum of 1 shoppe of each type to make it available to the general public. Now the next thing you must be wondering about is how to create an active environment around Stormy Fell for your business. We will discuss that in the next heading.

Oh damn, RiddleMakers posted an idea for stall owners I better think of one too!... Oh I know a way to buy them over.

Increasing business:

*Stormy Fell Blockade League - We'll be hosting a 1 round sloop only sinking event blockade at Stormy Fell in the 4th week of governorship after we've given out atleast 20 sloops in the daily event cades. The winner of the event will get a plot on Stormy Fell that they can use for building an upgraded shoppe of their own choice for the flag's use. Second prize will be a serpent familiar. I'll post more about this in details in Viridian Events if we win and hold onto the island.

I'm sorry you've gone to far in your search for something nobody is interested in, please check the above quoted section.

Increasing population and foot traffic:

Again, time to buy people, this is really becoming a common occurrence isn't it.

Oh woo, I can now get a free whisk to Garnet!!111!111!Eleventy-One1!1!!!!!

The Inn:

Aka, already sold it to my buddy, my pal, my top lad friend, KSB.

*Daily local tournaments - We will be throwing a 50K local tournament daily at the inn for the first two weeks upon its construction. The order of the tournament will be Swordfighting, Rumble, Treasure drop and Drinking (only 1 per tournament per day). An ocean-wide tournament will be thrown to broadcast the local inn-tournament.

Hi Pudd. Again, let's buy jobbers as it is all I know!

*Porphyris SF/rumble bounty - Porphyris will be seen at the inn every now and then. He'll be advertising SF/rumble wagers whenever he is online and at the inn. He'll wager 2.5k poe to your zero poe! For every pirate that he beats, he'll add 1K to a progressive jackpot till someone eventually beats him. He'll then re-drop the wager to 2.5k and start-over again. SF and rumble bounties will be tracked seperately. Rematches aren't allowed. He reserves the right to reject alt-wagers. There are no fixed times for this, so keep an eye out for him at the inn!

Zzzzzzzzzzz Silverdawg or Jaed please, next.

Charm items:

Well, we do plan to put over 50 building's on the island so better try and make it look pretty with some out of place flowers and fountains.

For Knockout, Stormy Fell was more about leaving behind special memories that people would always remember us for, instead of a large island for filling our pockets. I hope Viridian gives us the chance to put our effective plans into motion in creating Stormy Fell a healthy economy.

Yes Knockout, having been on Viridian for the massive time of 6 month's people really do need these fond memories of you. But hey I'm sure you still enjoy how you are remembered from for things such as this, this, this, this, this& this.
I could go on but I think we shall leave this session of lessons about Cairna for the day.

Farewell Folks!
[Nov 29, 2011 3:45:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
glittertjess

Cremate, all I meant was that both plans are different in many ways to achieve a common goal. The stance on shoppes, promotions for sea activities, land traffic and the inn are different (even if they have minor differences). Both have a common goal and I guess no one can say for sure about what would lead to the better outcome. At the end of the day what matters is that Stormy Fell won't be paved by either side.
Cairna
[Nov 29, 2011 4:07:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

Your post basically says I was right with what I said. So again. I reiterate my first post in this thread. Do please enlighten VP to your intentions regarding it.

Aside from that, how is 52 buildings on an island of that size not paving it? I'm assuming you've played with Yohoho Tools and found a way to do it without destroying spawns, but that's one full island. Care to show us what it looks like?
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Nov 29, 2011 4:10:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
glittertjess

Your post basically says I was right with what I said. So again. I reiterate my first post in this thread. Do please enlighten VP to your intentions regarding it.

Aside from that, how is 52 buildings on an island of that size not paving it? I'm assuming you've played with Yohoho Tools and found a way to do it without destroying spawns, but that's one full island. Care to show us what it looks like?

I'll give you the same reply as I did to Captainrich. Its assuming too much that all the 4 shoppes of each type will be dropped. I said we'll build 4 shoppes on Jubilee and we built 2 in the past 6 months maybe, mainly because there was no need to. We might feel that there is a need for certain type of shoppes while there is no need for some specific type and hencewhy I reserved the right to drop 4. If the island looks crowded, we will seize building any more shoppes too even if there is a need but at the same time we might add more promotions for stall ownership.
Cairna
[Edit 1 times, last edit by glittertjess at Nov 29, 2011 4:18:36 PM]
[Nov 29, 2011 4:17:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lavo

Hello friends, I'm back again, figured I'd add the post that was deleted. Ooops, too slow.

[Nov 29, 2011 4:21:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

Answer it. Your lack of answer, and even lack of attention to it only serves to hint that your interest in Stormy Fell is not to benefit the ocean in the most possible way, but leave behind a memory of KO that's good enough to erase the Armstrong griefing and other events, which if the case, means that everything in this intent is a facade for your own image.

I'll ask this time though, have you used Yohoho Tools to plan the island out? If you want to give me Captainrich's reply, I'll give you his post. No more than 2 of each type is necessary, really. Especially considering I would imagine that KO will be keeping some for personal use. Please note the emphasis on imagine.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Setsusa at Nov 29, 2011 4:34:22 PM]
[Nov 29, 2011 4:23:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hurtboss4

Zzzzzzzzzzz Silverdawg or Jaed please, next.

Alts are supposed to be stupid, but this much? XD...
And, scene.
*lights out*
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Hurtboss4 at Nov 29, 2011 4:25:06 PM]
[Nov 29, 2011 4:24:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

In reference to HB, I've done a similar thing when I was actually somewhat popular on Sage, with a greater reward and the turn out wasn't super awesome. It's a decent point that it just won't really do anything, but it is a nice gesture.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Nov 29, 2011 4:27:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hurtboss4

I like the idea actually, I just thought it was funny someone mentioned SD and Jaed as 'legends' of said puzzles. Didn't try to undermine the idea at all :P
And, scene.
*lights out*
[Nov 29, 2011 4:29:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
draton

Hello friends, I'm back again, figured I'd add the post that was deleted. Ooops, too slow.

I stand by that post, but it didn't work so well with posts in between yours and mine so I removed it.

It's nice that you're trying, but you will have to try harder I'm afraid.
Glacial - Meridian
Hielo - Emerald
Starscream - Obsidian

Nemesis says, "I think I found the problem."
Nemesis says, "You're a Decepticon."
Starscream says, "I've changed :("
Nemesis says, "They all say that.
[Nov 29, 2011 4:38:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lavo

I stand by that post, but it didn't work so well with posts in between yours and mine so I removed it.

It's nice that you're trying, but you will have to try harder I'm afraid.

I guess you should try harder to create a better password to avoid getting hacked by people from buypoe? Looking for some more poe for your old buddy old pal Queeum Kin? Cairna?
[Nov 29, 2011 4:43:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackingg

I have a feeling I should stick to trolling.
Ivytheblade

Not intended for those with weak constitutions

Now officially dating half your Parley Trolls.
[Nov 29, 2011 4:48:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
draton

I guess you should try harder to create a better password to avoid getting hacked by people from buypoe? Looking for some more poe for your old buddy old pal Queeum Kin? Cairna?

I say try harder and that's what you come up with? It was almost fun for a while there. Ah well, maybe one day you'll come out from behind your alt, stop seeing red and we can have a nice conversation about how you feel about my flag, it's members and our policies, though I get the feeling you'll continue to rage and throw insults our way. This is the last post of yours I will respond to, have a nice day. :)
Glacial - Meridian
Hielo - Emerald
Starscream - Obsidian

Nemesis says, "I think I found the problem."
Nemesis says, "You're a Decepticon."
Starscream says, "I've changed :("
Nemesis says, "They all say that.
[Nov 29, 2011 5:06:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lavo

I say try harder and that's what you come up with? It was almost fun for a while there. Ah well, maybe one day you'll come out from behind your alt, stop seeing red and we can have a nice conversation about how you feel about my flag, it's members and our policies, though I get the feeling you'll continue to rage and throw insults our way. This is the last post of yours I will respond to, have a nice day. :)

Yes, quite clearly, I am raging.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by lavo at Nov 29, 2011 5:20:08 PM]
[Nov 29, 2011 5:15:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

For the most part, I like what you're doing, particularly the events. As far as I can remember, Viridian's colonizations have always lacked in events to bring people to the island. I also like the effort to get people to open stalls and buy housing on the island. It reminds me a bit of CC's colonization of Armstrong (sorry to bring it up if you're not too fond of it, but it did).

As inconsequential a matter as it is, I have to disagree with your choice of naming theme. My initial reaction to it was what-the-F-ing-F. Seriously? Is it past reconsideration? It's not even a matter of my feelings on poker, I just think it's stupid. The same would go for any other puzzle/in-game activity had it been suggested. I can understand not wanting to "copy" RM but the weather-theme wasn't exactly a stroke of genius considering the island's name. As of now, I'm putting this up there with Hadrian's naming theme as the worst I've ever seen. Sorry.
[removed by SOPA]
[Nov 29, 2011 6:55:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
evarestem

Nice intent cai <3
Advance gratz on the win :D
Imrans of Hunter

Viktorius flag royalty chats, "well, thats pretty deep for 1st time"

Jackpot says, "i swear sometimes i think they should advertise this as a dork dating site"
[Nov 29, 2011 7:43:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
benrenshaw

Nice intent cai <3
Advance gratz on the win :D

lol
Captainben on Meridian
Basicx on Emerald
[Nov 30, 2011 1:54:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 33   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates