• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 83
Posts: 83   Pages: 3   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7549 times and has 82 replies Next Thread
Sav_

Re: *Knockout choses Stormy Fell*

Regarding general discussion on the forums, I don't see what people have to be afraid of in voicing their opinions on the forums. So long as a person presents their opinion politely and in an acceptable (spell-check and proper grammar go a long way, that's just the way it is) manner, they'll be received with respect and consideration.

Because some people see threads like these and see it as a massive tart-fest that they don't want to be a part of. VP isn't always a polite debate between 2 sides...
[Nov 27, 2011 3:13:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

If you actually read one of my posts, it pretty much says why I'm here in the first place so playing "lol ur butthurt" or "lol deal with it" card doesn't do you much.

I do think it's laughable how in this thread we went from RAF not listening to other people, people not voicing their opinions because they're afraid but we should still take them into consideration (no one was even approached in-game) and then we keeping our opinions to ourselves until the island is opened.

There were many ways for people to voice their opinion. That thread Rude posted when the island openings were first announced, there wasn't a tartfest and yet, no one really posted their opinion.
----------------------------------------
Anchovia
[Nov 27, 2011 4:16:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shadymermady

Just a few random points that arent all totally unrelated to eachother with fairly poor sentence structure and less then average validity and more then likely some shit spelling.

Thank you soooooo much to RaF for contesting at Dragons nest, without you guys KO would have won the decision making power for free, which would have been a kick in the face to alot of people that have been on this ocean from the start.

I am one person that didnt care whether an island opened or not, for two reasons:
- Because i think players deserve the chance to experience an island being opened.
- Because i have lost my love and care factor for the way this ocean and game is going.

People prove time after time that they are more interested in mouthing off and complaining, rather then actually doing anything to fix the problems. Or they would rather sit on islands and collect dust then actually be actively involved in developing the ocean. Flags have either gotten tired, poor, bitter or just plain greedy (i havent decided what category im in yet, probably all of the above except the greedy one).

There are maybe 10 people on the ocean that are willing to put their money where their mouth is and when reading the forums they are pretty much the only people's posts i bother to read whether i like them (the people posting and what they have to say) or not.

Thankyou KO for not choosing Mermaids Purse to open, i would have cried to see that island ruined. Stormy Fell? Well i think thats a better choice then the others that were on offer so good job making the right choice. I am hoping you stay true to your word and dont trash the island and look forward to seeing what kind of action it creates on the ocean from other flags if any at all. (if you win it of course)

Ksb - you do not deserve an inn. You have made it quite clear you want the next inn on offer yet have done fuck all to help make this ocean a better place. I am calling you out on the major part you have played in making this ocean the way it is. Where were you when VG were taking islands from your allies? Where were you when Legacy grew a pair of balls and started paywarring for flag page dildo's? You have sat there doing nothing for years. I don't blame people for being less then excited about the prospect of you owning more then likely the last inn to be built on Viridian. It is greedy people like you that care more for themselves and less for the game that have killed the fun. I can still remember how excited you were when i started blockading in What a Ride against VGs allies. You only cared that i was making them use up resources to help minimise thier threat to you while you continued to sit on your little gold mine and pretend to care about the flags that supported you. All you do is take and give nothing back. In my own personal opinion this is a big reason why alot of people didnt want to see an island opened and not just because Viridian is lacking is cade activity.

Roseh, wrong colour girl x

Guys please chillax, I support Cai's motion; Ksb trully deserves an Inn for his service to Viridian.

We will never get another Ksb, there just aren't 2 like him so please lets honor him while we can; he promotes blockades, never sat on a island for 2 years like some of us, keept Napi unpaved and was always there for his allies, lets do this for him Viridian!

GO KSB! WOO WOO!

Betty - Obsidian

Crip tells ye, "bout to turn on my balls warmer.."
[Edit 1 times, last edit by shadymermady at Nov 27, 2011 5:26:59 AM]
[Nov 27, 2011 5:24:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

I hope that if Cairna is smart enough, which I believe he is, that he should realize this island is going to have a tiny economy and hopefully there is only 1-2 of each shoppe built on the island because it will get barely any business at all.
Captainrich
[Nov 27, 2011 6:56:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
WenchCleo

It's a bit disturbing that Cairna and the rest of the ocean are already acting as if KO has won the island opening...

Granted I don't have the flag strength/poe/ships/care to go up against KO, but I certainly hope that others do. And it does remind me of the Hadrian opening... when the AoD worked together to try and keep Vanguard from winning (which also was the assumed conclusion at the time). We weren't successful but it was two weeks of damn good blockading!
Tikao of Viridian Meridian Ocean
Captain of Dark Horizon, Queen of Brink of Dawn

Martobain wrote: 
This thread is like a spanish soap series, I don't have a clue what they are saying and all the actors suck.

[Nov 27, 2011 11:56:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Webz3

No one think's Cai will keep the innn for himself?
Junkonomics says, "yo aus"
Junkonomics says, "why ye dont go against obama ... Ye scare me in opal thread politics right now xD"

Captain of, "Eye for an Eye"
Veritic on Ice
[Nov 27, 2011 1:30:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

Does it matter?

Without the intended homoerotic subtone I can honestly say it's hard to see where Cairna ends and Ksb begins.
Dahl "I have higher moral standards" gren
[Edit 1 times, last edit by warp11 at Nov 27, 2011 3:19:26 PM]
[Nov 27, 2011 3:19:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackingg

Edit: Nevermind.
Ivytheblade

Not intended for those with weak constitutions

Now officially dating half your Parley Trolls.
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Jackingg at Nov 27, 2011 3:27:13 PM]
[Nov 27, 2011 3:23:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
boback

Knockout Won So..............

Orbsus

Official Serenity Forum Spokesman
[Nov 27, 2011 3:35:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackingg

Don't you have a WF GY run to do?
Ivytheblade

[Nov 27, 2011 3:36:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

Unlike you we don't throw childish shit fits when we lose an island or in this case an event. Was a good event, we lost and now we move on to the next thing; no one is butthurt, no need to act like you are 8.

Edit: Damn you Ivy! Stop sniping me!
Roseh

[Edit 1 times, last edit by MimiLinda at Nov 27, 2011 3:43:35 PM]
[Nov 27, 2011 3:41:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

It's a bit disturbing that Cairna and the rest of the ocean are already acting as if KO has won the island opening...

Well when your willing to pay the max to win the event blockade just to choose the island..I think that says to a lot of people they will max pay for the island and that really rules out almost all flags. So your probably going to have what, two flags at most even thinking about it?
Captainrich
[Nov 27, 2011 9:59:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
WenchCleo

Well when your willing to pay the max to win the event blockade just to choose the island..I think that says to a lot of people they will max pay for the island and that really rules out almost all flags. So your probably going to have what, two flags at most even thinking about it?

Probably... still is disturbing though.
Tikao of Viridian Meridian Ocean
Captain of Dark Horizon, Queen of Brink of Dawn

Martobain wrote: 
This thread is like a spanish soap series, I don't have a clue what they are saying and all the actors suck.

[Nov 27, 2011 11:14:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
natethedawg

Because this "event" was such a real blockade, right? Both side ended up paying 9999/seg to the jobbers, all good isn't it? More money thrown into the economy over a conflict of opinion, best for the ocean along with those other incentives that you have to offer.

Dang im gone for a few months and i miss out on a 9999/seg cade??? sounds like a tidy profit with fun mixed in:)
Natedawg
King of Primordial Raiders
Cabin Person of Sumiyoshi Sanjin Tsunami
Obsidian
My posts are a reflection of my flags thinking. Except when they're not.
------------------
Lord of Illusion
Captain of the High Seas Council
Emerald
[Nov 27, 2011 11:15:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
boback

Dont you have a run to do...... oh wait no, dont you have some ghosties or furni to win, oh wait no, are you really trying to burn me over somthing you dont have the ability nor brain capacity to pull off, oh wait yes, Dumbass

Dont you have some more guys to tart around or are you trying to loose your reputation ? Rofl !!
Orbsus

Official Serenity Forum Spokesman
[Edit 1 times, last edit by boback at Nov 28, 2011 7:30:42 AM]
[Nov 28, 2011 7:29:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Luxory

Dont you have a run to do...... oh wait no, dont you have some ghosties or furni to win, oh wait no, are you really trying to burn me over somthing you dont have the ability nor brain capacity to pull off, oh wait yes, Dumbass

Dont you have some more guys to tart around or are you trying to loose your reputation ? Rofl !!

If you're trying to look like you have a mental capacity of 7, keep posting.

Otherwise, I suggest you just stop.
Luxory on Obsidian.
Aristoza flag royalty chats, "Ro initiated all the greenies by getting them on one big ship and sinking them all at once"
Positive Penguins
[Nov 28, 2011 7:32:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
M_Cobain

If you're trying to look like you have a mental capacity of 7, keep posting.

Otherwise, I suggest you just stop.

ur just jealous lux-no-glory :S
Martobain

YPPedia improved with Tom Cruise the Elephant (who's my friend and buddy) catalogue!
[Nov 28, 2011 7:54:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

I forgot your the idiot who thinks running anything SMH actually requires skill. Please go back to left right fire all sides.
Captainrich
[Nov 28, 2011 10:34:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackingg

If I don't strumpet around on ships, who will?

You see, just because you can run, doesn't mean you can run competently <3.
Edit: This is the one that amazes me, how do you fail to competently run a SMH (Barring bad jobbing).

Also, I understand some people type how they speak (Myself included) but just... Wait, what? Just, what!?

Another note: BecozIcantluckonpokaenough

inb4tartingpostinsultingmycashflow
Ivytheblade

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Jackingg at Nov 28, 2011 1:34:57 PM]
[Nov 28, 2011 1:29:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Judiciousman

One event blockade in which the stakes were high, and if you lost there would be no turning back isn't enough to say "WOW CAI PAYWARS EVERYONE NOW 9999/seg."

My point is, if Cairna lost this weekend, he could come back the next... if Cairna lost the island opener, he can't say rematch until another year or so.
Wirelesscon, Wirelessconn - Emerald
Wirelesscon - Meridian

Causing 87 comment facebook wars like it's my job.
Melany tells ye, "I secretly like you"
Daquan tells ye, "hi bby how are you <3333"
[Nov 28, 2011 2:00:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

One event blockade in which the stakes were high, and if you lost there would be no turning back isn't enough to say "WOW CAI PAYWARS EVERYONE NOW 9999/seg."

My point is, if Cairna lost this weekend, he could come back the next... if Cairna lost the island opener, he can't say rematch until another year or so.

So basically what you're saying is the only way for him to be sure of winning is by "paywaring" and outjobbing by 100?
Dahl "I have higher moral standards" gren
[Nov 28, 2011 3:35:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Judiciousman

So basically what you're saying is the only way for him to be sure of winning is by "paywaring" and outjobbing by 100?

Not really. I am just saying that you can't generalize Cairna that he is back to paywars based on one round of one event blockade in which stakes were high and there was no going back.
Wirelesscon, Wirelessconn - Emerald
Wirelesscon - Meridian

Causing 87 comment facebook wars like it's my job.
Melany tells ye, "I secretly like you"
Daquan tells ye, "hi bby how are you <3333"
[Nov 28, 2011 7:07:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aethonx

Not really. I am just saying that you can't generalize Cairna that he is back to paywars based on one round of one event blockade in which stakes were high and there was no going back.

The belittling of this blockade really needs to come to an end. As you say yourself, the stakes were indeed incredibly high, and it would have been an extreme amount of time before another opportunity such as this arose. Keeping that in account, statements were made in regards to fairness and competitive blockading. Steps were taken last week by KO in order to keep it that way. An effort I commended myself earlier.

Now, that all being said, fair blockades are one thing; Fair blockades in which the outcome is predetermined based on the stakes are another. The reason it disturbed me is because of everything said earlier. That cade was in fact the first real test. The first time the stakes were "real". And the outcome was as everyone plainly saw.

Just as you say Cairna can't be generalized as back to paywarring for his tactics in this cade, I say back that when the stakes are as high as this, I have not seen another outcome, thus why would I ever blindly believe something else? My search for an answer regarding the opening failed, thus I'll simply wait and see. I do sincerely hope that I'm wrong. Nothing would make me happier than a more competitive viridian; Regardless of who it is competing.
Aethonx- Meridian
[Nov 28, 2011 8:19:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 83   Pages: 3   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates