• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 83
Posts: 83   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7565 times and has 82 replies Next Thread
glittertjess

*Knockout choses Stormy Fell*

Knockout has selected Stormy Fell for being opened! (Sorry RAF and friends, we had more supporters)

I'll start off by discussing RAF's movement
:
Initially, when I saw the Dragon's Nest event thread, most of the RM/RAF members were being very stubborn about their opinion. It wasn't a healthy debate or discussion so I chose to stay out of the forums at that time. It was merely them saying that an opener is bad and they listed their genuine reasons for it, which I partially agree with. Claiming that their choice is good for the ocean is a big assumption, when there's a strong party that disagreed with the logic and went on the blockade board to fight for it. I stuck to politicking intensely in-game and tried to get as much supporters as I could for the cause. One can say that if opening the island is selfish of anyone, an attempt to close would've been the same since the whole community was warned about the opener in summers (6 months ago approximately). We prepared for it finacially along with effective plans to bring up the island. An island opener doesn't come around weekly or monthly, it is supposed to be a big event for everyone and not just a particular side. It's hard to say when we'll see the next opener (if any).

My opinion about Viridian blockade scene:
KO cooperated in the multi-drop weekend against Legacy. Since all Legacy islands shifted to other flags, blockading was alive. We knew Legacy would make an attempt to win their island at a later point, which would cause more action and it exactly happened that way. A large number of warchests have been dropped, large islands have switched hands and it's not going to slow down at all in the future either. Infact, KO going for the new opener is going to intensify the blockade scene even more. We are holding the most number of islands that any flag ever did (11). With us focussing on the new opener, alot of people would be more than willing to take a shot at our other islands.

Issues about paving and using the new island for greed:
From a governorship point of view, KO has done nothing on any ocean to take any critcisim from anyone. We have given back alot of surplus island income back to the ocean in the past, if anyone is interested to know more, please contact me in game or PM so I don't bore people. To be fair, we already paid alot for the island to open up itself as we were inclined not to let anyone buy people's opinion with pay-raises. We will be posting our intent along with island plans in the next few days.

Why Stormy Fell?:
As much as I would prefer Mermaid's Purse, Stormy Fell is the better choice of the two. Kuhio is a very pretty medium island decorated by OOO and many people love the island the way it is. Stormy Fell increases iron spawn in Garnet and provides the charts to Olin's Brow.

Thank you everyone who put your faith in Knockout once again. It wouldn't have been possible without you. See you guys on Dec 3rd for the colonization of Stormy Fell!
----------------------------------------
Cairna
Monarch of Knockout on Meridian & Emerald
Loiosch says, "when do we ci"
Karthika says, "cai might spank me if i do"
[Nov 26, 2011 5:34:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

Re: *Knockout choses Stormy Fell*

With us focussing on the new opener, alot of people would be more than willing to take a shot at our other islands.
Yes because what you did today at DN is really going to make even more people want to come knocking at your door. You keep saying you're done with the childish rage paying tactics, but you're still the same old Cairna. Raising pay whilst outjobbing? Yes, very different from what you've done before.
Anchovia
[Nov 26, 2011 5:44:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

I would like to see the plan you have for building up the island, that you mentioned last night, I'm interested to see what you've come up with.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Nov 26, 2011 5:44:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
boroboy1

not to let anyone buy people's opinion with pay-raises.

So when you guy's raised from 3.2k to 4k while out jobbing, what exactly was that, other than buying opinions. I mean you can put some cute little ribbons on that, maybe a nice little pink bow tie, perhaps a bit of glitter, but at the end of the day, you can roll a turd in as much glitter as you want, it's still going to be a turd.
Seepnah
[Nov 26, 2011 5:46:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

So when Stormy Fell turns into Hadrian 2.0, we get to come here and say "We told you so" right?

Honestly that's all you can say about it, you've got your beliefs and there's no need to try and change anything. We might as well just enjoy whatever the island opening turns out as even though it's not ideal. Good fight today by the way, it's a shame allowing your opponent's to catch up is only relevant when the stakes are low.

Edit: Also doesn't the large already spawn iron just through merchant bots? And isn't it possible that the people are supporting Knockout, and not the opening itself? Even though that's the case on both sides.
Dahl "I have higher moral standards" gren
[Edit 1 times, last edit by warp11 at Nov 26, 2011 5:49:01 PM]
[Nov 26, 2011 5:47:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
glittertjess

With us focussing on the new opener, alot of people would be more than willing to take a shot at our other islands.
Yes because what you did today at DN is really going to make even more people want to come knocking at your door. You keep saying you're done with the childish rage paying tactics, but you're still the same old Cairna. Raising pay whilst outjobbing? Yes, very different from what you've done before.

Relax, Anch, relax. Read the whole post. I wrote this somewhere:

""To be fair, we already paid alot for the island to open up itself as we were inclined not to let anyone buy people's opinion with pay-raises""
Cairna
[Nov 26, 2011 5:49:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
glittertjess

So when Stormy Fell turns into Hadrian 2.0, we get to come here and say "We told you so" right?

It won't turn out to be Hadrian 2.0 since I'll always be interested in ensuring that the island is taken care of properly, regardless who the owner is, even when I retire.

Honestly that's all you can say about it, you've got your beliefs and there's no need to try and change anything. We might as well just enjoy whatever the island opening turns out as even though it's not ideal. Good fight today by the way, it's a shame allowing your opponent's to catch up is only relevant when the stakes are low.

We didn't go in to prove who navs better, we went in with numbers to fight for our opinion which RAF ignored earlier.
Cairna
[Nov 26, 2011 5:53:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

Yes, which is even more ridiculous to what you said previously. In another thread you blamed RM for the ridiculously expensive blockades due to their, what you deemed as, unnecessary payrises. This event could've been much cheaper for you, but you decided to follow the third party's payrises. Don't say you paid more than you wanted to, but you're fully to blame for that.

Also, buying people with payraises? First you said in-game that we were buying people with extra incentives. Wouldn't it have been selfish for RAF to have just kept the charms or SMH to ourselves and not give back to the ocean?

You make a good point about the fact that we told 6 months ago that islands were going to be opened. The fact that you were the only flag seemingly interested enough to save up for it should tell you something. The fact that RAF even had the support of Legacy who we had attacked just weeks prior should tell you that this wasn't just one group of people thinking this, this was various.

Spin it whatever way you want, Stormy Fell will be Hadrian 2.0 and you will get the one thing you don't have in-game yet.
Anchovia
[Nov 26, 2011 5:54:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
glittertjess

So when you guy's raised from 3.2k to 4k while out jobbing, what exactly was that, other than buying opinions. I mean you can put some cute little ribbons on that, maybe a nice little pink bow tie, perhaps a bit of glitter, but at the end of the day, you can roll a turd in as much glitter as you want, it's still going to be a turd.

Nah man, learn to politic in-game than just posting on forums. There are a bunch of flags out there that don't use forums.
Cairna
[Nov 26, 2011 5:55:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
crazysanta

The main thing is, KO successfully won the kade, Did not break any event rules and are carrying out their reward. The OMs made this event for a reason, they wanted an island to be released.

:P But thats just my opinion
Crazysanta on all Oceans :)

Former Governor of Stormy Fell, Jubilee, Napi Peak, Labyrinth Moors, Hadrian, Tigerleaf Mount, Kirin, Terra, Carmine, Olive, Havoc and Polaris Point Islands on Meridian.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by crazysanta at Nov 26, 2011 6:22:48 PM]
[Nov 26, 2011 6:02:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
glittertjess

Yes, which is even more ridiculous to what you said previously. In another thread you blamed RM for the ridiculously expensive blockades due to their, what you deemed as, unnecessary payrises. This event could've been much cheaper for you, but you decided to follow the third party's payrises. Don't say you paid more than you wanted to, but you're fully to blame for that.

Also, buying people with payraises? First you said in-game that we were buying people with extra incentives. Wouldn't it have been selfish for RAF to have just kept the charms or SMH to ourselves and not give back to the ocean?

Because this "event" was such a real blockade, right? Both side ended up paying 9999/seg to the jobbers, all good isn't it? More money thrown into the economy over a conflict of opinion, best for the ocean along with those other incentives that you have to offer. The second and third pace prices are still legit, so hand them out.

You make a good point about the fact that we told 6 months ago that islands were going to be opened. The fact that you were the only flag seemingly interested enough to save up for it should tell you something. The fact that RAF even had the support of Legacy who we had attacked just weeks prior should tell you that this wasn't just one group of people thinking this, this was various.

Too bad if no one seemed interested. I still have the crave for blockading and interest in running islands in a healthy way. Building a new one is just a new level.

Spin it whatever way you want, Stormy Fell will be Hadrian 2.0 and you will get the one thing you don't have in-game yet.

Save this comment for later.
Cairna
[Nov 26, 2011 6:06:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

So whatcha wanna build? A transvesdite red-light district?
Where politicking is done... in the person?
Would that be considered reason for an ocean of butthurt?
Is probable.
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Nov 26, 2011 6:09:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aethonx

The main thing is, KO successfully won the kade, Did not break any event rules and are carrying out their reward. The OMs made this event for a reason, they wanted an island to be released.

:P But thats just my opinion

Personally I think that's fine. I don't think anyone would argue that it's fine either. It's no different than a fence with two sides. But when you post everywhere you possibly can, and preach about fair blockades, and then intentionally suppress fair blockades the next week doing exactly what you always say you don't do, you should probably expect to be called out on it. Just saying. I actually liked what KO did last week for the most part, it was quite reasonable.

I really don't know how you can spin payraising while outjobbing to deliberately eliminate any chances of losing. And I really super really don't know how you can say "You didn't politic well enough" when you have about 70% of the ocean in your SMA, but i'm certain you'll try. Enjoy.
Aethonx- Meridian
[Nov 26, 2011 6:11:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
glittertjess

Personally I think that's fine. I don't think anyone would argue that it's fine either. It's no different than a fence with two sides. But when you post everywhere you possibly can, and preach about fair blockades, and then intentionally suppress fair blockades the next week doing exactly what you always say you don't do, you should probably expect to be called out on it. Just saying. I actually liked what KO did last week for the most part, it was quite reasonable.

Clearly, this was an "event" for "choosing" what the winner wanted to do. Blockade was a method for doing it, last time didn't we vote for the island opening? (I can't recall, maybe it was second last). I can't find 1 reason for letting anyone catch up on jobbers for such an event where there are conflict of choices.

I really don't know how you can spin payraising while outjobbing to deliberately eliminate any chances of losing. And I really super really don't know how you can say "You didn't politic well enough" when you have about 70% of the ocean in your SMA, but i'm certain you'll try. Enjoy.

This is something I tried to tell RaF too. How was KO's opinion never taken into regards before their campaign was fully set into motion? They're acting police and trying to take the shape of a neutral/independent front while having minor support. I believe I do have a majority of Viridian support and hence, if the campaign considered the ocean as a whole, my opinion should've been atleast heard.
Cairna
[Edit 1 times, last edit by glittertjess at Nov 26, 2011 6:24:23 PM]
[Nov 26, 2011 6:20:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitehazed

But when you post everywhere you possibly can, and preach about fair blockades, and then intentionally suppress fair blockades the next week doing exactly what you always say you don't do, you should probably expect to be called out on it. Just saying. I actually liked what KO did last week for the most part, it was quite reasonable.

I like the KO that was devloping last week, it's a shame that this ended up being a 9.9k/seg outjobbing. But I suppose when the stakes are raised, jobber parity is now not on the agenda. OWELL
Recruiting a 'Nagflar' character to hold my camel.
# Team Bacon Strips # SwagSauce # YOTO.
[Nov 26, 2011 6:24:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitehazed

But when you post everywhere you possibly can, and preach about fair blockades, and then intentionally suppress fair blockades the next week doing exactly what you always say you don't do, you should probably expect to be called out on it. Just saying. I actually liked what KO did last week for the most part, it was quite reasonable.

I like the KO that was devloping last week, it's a shame that this ended up being a 9.9k/seg outjobbing. But I suppose when the stakes are raised, jobber parity is now not on the agenda.

OWELL, lets hope that KO still lingers.

Edit: Double post win.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Whitehazed at Nov 26, 2011 6:25:11 PM]
[Nov 26, 2011 6:24:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
glittertjess

I like the KO that was devloping last week, it's a shame that this ended up being a 9.9k/seg outjobbing. But I suppose when the stakes are raised, jobber parity is now not on the agenda. OWELL

Turn it into a tart-fest without using your logic if that's what you choose to do.
Cairna
[Nov 26, 2011 6:25:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Your opinion should have been posted to public knowledge.
As theirs was.
I, for one, cannot take into consideration an opinion which does not present itself.

Oh, and, supporters or pawns? Curiosity, you know.

Edit: @ Haze. It wasnt about the blockade, you realize this right? Explain how an even, low-paying blockade, where its decided by the skill of the (select few) staff, could even be considered a fair representation of the mobs choice? (keep in mind, I am fully aware that outside of a poll there is no perfect way).
LoLune

[Edit 1 times, last edit by LunEnvoy at Nov 26, 2011 6:35:35 PM]
[Nov 26, 2011 6:25:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

Because this "event" was such a real blockade, right? Both side ended up paying 9999/seg to the jobbers, all good isn't it?
Heh, it was definitely as eventful as one. Well, we know who we should be looking at for that payrise, right? I mean matching the pay from a third party that at the time had what, maybe less than 20 jobbers at the time, even though you were outjobbing us by quite a bit at the time too. We all knew pay was going to be that high, might as well speed the process along.

More money thrown into the economy over a conflict of opinion, best for the ocean along with those other incentives that you have to offer. The second and third pace prices are still legit, so hand them out.
There was also alot of support for an island to be opened in this thread too. Stop acting as if you are speaking on behalf of the ocean, you are not their voice since I'm pretty sure they have their own and they can speak for themselves. You may the only voice your side has because your allies are known for latching onto any powerful source that will protect their islands, if that means rolling over and being a lapdog, they'll do it. The other place prices will be given out once we get the data from Avienda, slow your horses.

Too bad if no one seemed interested. I still have the crave for blockading and interest in running islands in a healthy way.
There's only so much blockading you can do when no one wants to play with you or your toys. It's shame you know, here you went on about how you were a new, grown up Cairna when you're not. I'd rather you just dropped the facade, that's the only reason why I'm posting anyway.

Considering your reply to Dahlgren, it's clear that you don't understand what we mean by a Hadrian 2.0. This isn't just about an island that will look like someone has diarrhea, we've all seen the Terra dock, we're sure that won't happen. This is about another island that no one will touch yet again, even more so because you have yet to prove to the ocean that you've changed. How many times have people gone near Napi since Ksb took it? Once. It'll just be another hurdle for someone who wants to work their way up into the blockade scene to jump over. Why open another large when we don't even have enough flags to blockade the larges we do already have opened?

The whole point of RAF was people who came together to try and fix the ocean even just a little. Whenever a decision had to be made, whether it was about TLM or what to do with our resources, all (or at least an attempt to contact them) of our donators were contacted since they all had a stake and therefore, earned their say in what RAF should do. Cairna, you didn't donate anything, so we felt no obligation to come running to you about what we should be doing with our resources. People can't expect others to take their opinion into consideration when they don't even say it.
Anchovia
[Edit 1 times, last edit by anchovygirl at Nov 26, 2011 6:28:59 PM]
[Nov 26, 2011 6:26:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitehazed

Turn it into a tart-fest without using your logic if that's what you choose to do.

Where was my lack of logic? I have seen the 9.9k/seg. I have seen the jobber graph. Tart-fest is two-way. I have no interest being one of the parties *again*. Carry on.
[Nov 26, 2011 6:27:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

Did Lune just snipe part of my post? D:
Anchovia
[Nov 26, 2011 6:27:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

Your opinion should have been posted to public knowledge.
As theirs was.
I, for one, cannot take into consideration an opinion which does not present itself.

Oh, and, supporters or pawns? Curiosity, you know.

^ Was my main point. The defense Cairna gave was "The posters on the forums were all against me and being stubborn".

I realize my post still has been ignored. Why are you still withholding your plan that benefits everyone?
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Nov 26, 2011 6:27:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
glittertjess

^ Was my main point. The defense Cairna gave was "The posters on the forums were all against me and being stubborn".

I realize my post still has been ignored. Why are you still withholding your plan that benefits everyone?

Slow down, I dont live on forums or have things written out that I can just copy/paste. Step-by step. Yes, people DONT voice their opinion on forums just because they know there are outnumbered on forums by a certain group who stick together. I've had atleast 5 different blockading flag monarchs tell me this.
Cairna
[Nov 26, 2011 6:36:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

And do those blockading flag monarchs just HAPPEN to be from the former AoD?
Anchovia
[Nov 26, 2011 6:38:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

Slow down, I dont live on forums or have things written out that I can just copy/paste. Step-by step. Yes, people DONT voice their opinion on forums just because they know there are outnumbered on forums by a certain group who stick together. I've had atleast 5 different blockading flag monarchs tell me this.

Well, if you said yourself that you have more support (which was shown) then perhaps that is their personal choice, and not the fact they are actually outnumbered. Make sense?

Also, you told me you had a thought out plan, it sounded already finished. If you really haven't written it down, I strongly question this.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Nov 26, 2011 6:40:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
glittertjess

And do those blockading flag monarchs just HAPPEN to be from the former AoD?

No, some of them certainly, but not all. Whether they choose to raise their voice now and spare time for forum-posting is their choice. I'm not going to call them out.
Cairna
[Nov 26, 2011 6:40:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

BULLLLLSHITTTTTTTT

Have I done nothing the past two years?
Find me this uberpowerful forumsquad.
Hint: It doesnt exist.

Without being a bragging tool, I think I managed to make enough of a fool of myself and still survive to prove to most forum readers that VP is a one trick pony.
It only wins if you let it scare you.
LoLune

[Nov 26, 2011 6:41:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

Clearly, this was an "event" for "choosing" what the winner wanted to do. Blockade was a method for doing it, last time didn't we vote for the island opening? (I can't recall, maybe it was second last). I can't find 1 reason for letting anyone catch up on jobbers for such an event where there are conflict of choices.

This is something I tried to tell RaF too. How was KO's opinion never taken into regards before their campaign was fully set into motion. I believe I do have a majority of Viridian support and hence, if the campaign considered the ocean as a whole, my opinion should've been atleast heard.

Well firstly, you have lately been attempting to give the impression of someone who lets people catch up and does your utmost to nurture the blockade scene. Thus not letting the opponent catch up because the blockade was of such importance just shows a lack of confidence in yourself and the people around you. I guess it comes down to whether you label this a blockade or not, but the only thing that helps is to let either side justify or incriminate past actions that are completely irrelevant. What's done is done and there's nothing we can do to change that, instead we must look forward and avoid burying ourselves in such things.

Secondly, isn't that the thing about opinions. It really works both ways. You're on about how we discriminated your opinion while you care equally little about ours. Yet again if I may be so bold I would like to suggest that perhaps the support you received was directed to Knockout as a flag, and not the island opening you were representing. With that being said, we still wouldn't have cared about whether you deemed an island opening appropriate since we have our beliefs just like you have yours, and we are just as entitled to manifest them on the board. So please don't try to victimize yourself with some "oh well you never listened to my opinion". The only thing that mattered is that we fought for what we believed in, you fought for what you believed in and that's that.

Lastly, I would like to comment on this whole "there's more of us so we're obviously better at politicking". As I have understood it most oceans has always been subject to an SMA and an elite minority fighting them. Even though both sides perhaps claim to want it differently, it's not going to change. Instead we should just enjoy our roles in the game as best we can and enjoy the game. Also, this will most probably be my last appearance in this thread as I don't find it necessary to repeat arguements over a matter that has already been closed. Do not mistake my silence for acceptance or validation of opinions though. Let's let the blockades do the talking instead shall we.
Dahl "I have higher moral standards" gren
[Nov 26, 2011 6:42:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aethonx

The forum is, as it's name suggests, a public forum. The purpose being both to inform the public of plans/viewpoints, and debate thoughts or ideas. The fact that people actually disagree with you here because they aren't part of your circle isn't license to claim your opinions are ignored when you refuse to even voice them.
Aethonx- Meridian
[Nov 26, 2011 6:43:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

Right, so you called us out on not listening to other people's opinions and respecting them even though they didn't tell us because they were afraid to do so.

Righteo.
Anchovia
[Nov 26, 2011 6:44:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 83   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates