• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 93
Posts: 93   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 20747 times and has 92 replies Next Thread
monstersoda

Fill in the Blank's Intent for Acanthaster!

Intent for Acanthaster Spits!

First off, a big thank you to the Malachite ocean for your support in the Saltstraum Rock event blockade. I am quite glad we managed to scoop up such a large amount of TH (Three segments on one wreck!), and it looks like jobbers made off quite well.

Now, we fight for the opener! It is my pleasure to present to you Fill in the Blank's build plan for Acanthaster Spits:

Housing-
Shack
Cottage
Estate

Bazaars-
Tailoring
Ironworking
Furnishing

The image is not confirmed yet, as the bank is probably too close to the dock (and would have to be approved by an OM), but this is a rather decent idea of what to expect. Just some clean up to do heh.

As you'll notice, the build plan does not include a shoppe. We feel like a shoppe would be a useless addition at this point, and that it would be far more worthwhile to build additional housing.

Also, the island will be Gila's Greenie Spawn!

Acanthaster's name theme will be sea life with a touch of poison!

From the Yppedia,
"Acanthaster Spits is named after the starfish genus acanthaster, which includes the Crown-of-Thorns Starfish. This is probably the most well-knwon species, and notorious for its coral-eating destructiveness. They are especially rife in Australia's Great Barrier Reef. The starfish's long spines release a neurotoxin if touched or stepped on, which can cause intense pain for several hours, nausea, vomiting, and swelling"

Assuming the island's schedule stays, the blockade will commence on Saturday, December 3rd at noon game time.

Job contact will be Jobfib, and pay is to be determined.

We look forward to having your support as we continue to strive to make Malachite a sublime example of a prosperous ocean together.
----------------------------------------
Emmett
[Edit 1 times, last edit by monstersoda at Nov 28, 2011 8:19:50 PM]
[Nov 26, 2011 2:45:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Disgraced

Re: Fill in the Blank's Intent for Acanthaster!

Good Luck.
Bunnyspawn, prince of Coherent Insanity on Meridian.

Jdilla's wench on Emerald.
[Nov 26, 2011 3:07:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ice_devil

I hope some other flag enters, just to make it interesting and prove that Mala really does need another island.

(but gl FitB)
Hellacious/Hellaciouss/Defunct/Hamsterz
Capy tells ye, "I'm sorry... I don't know you well enough yet to allow you cam time!"
Plu tells ye, "screw you..Im interfering in every cade you ever contend&q
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Ice_devil at Nov 26, 2011 6:52:55 PM]
[Nov 26, 2011 6:52:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mamabuns2

Best of Luck FiB. As always I can't wait for the sinkie sinkie fun :)
Mamabuns on all Oceans ~ Mala is where my <3 is!!!

Queen of Sick Man's Dream
[Nov 27, 2011 12:25:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
woody456

Also, the island will be Gila's Greenie spawn

Imagine being a greenie waking up in Gila ~ shudder

Anyway, hope Sav gets his inn & that people appreciate that Emm is making an effort to at least have a go at saving Mala. The irony, I believe, will be this one sided kade in itself highlighting why Mala's problems go deeper than bad building choices and poor housing.
Painful
[Edit 1 times, last edit by woody456 at Nov 27, 2011 1:58:17 AM]
[Nov 27, 2011 1:57:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kamuflaro

You are an $insultofintelligence if you make another greenie spawn and claim it's for the good of the ocean. But who cares...
Forum mute - your shot at the waves of spam (also works on threads)
[Nov 27, 2011 4:50:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ade446

You are an $insultofintelligence if you make another greenie spawn and claim it's for the good of the ocean. But who cares...

I agree, how can this even be considered to be making an effort to save Mala?
Sincerely
[Nov 27, 2011 7:24:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
oopoorah

Acanthaster: The starfish's long spines release a neurotoxin if touched or stepped on, which can cause intense pain for several hours, nausea, vomiting, and swelling"

Step carefully.....or just enjoy the swelling and nausea

I certainly did, when reading the idiocy of your ideas Emmett.

I'll lay a wreath of Buttercups there, when you're gone.

Another tailor another IM another Emmett owned Island surely will save Malachite and has NOT lead to it's decline
L M F A O
PD
PoopyDog
slave to Plu
Captain of Burn Notice

Monarch of the flag
Effective Immediately
[Nov 27, 2011 9:13:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mitchie101

Another tailor another IM

They are bazaars.
Mitch on Obsidian.
Mitchiie on Meridian and Emerald.
[Nov 27, 2011 10:30:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SaviourS

Another tailor another IM

They are bazaars.

You're a bazaar

L M F A O
SV
Saviour, Meridian
[Nov 27, 2011 10:42:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

The problem of Malachite is that there is an entirely empty and useless arch at the moment. The creation of a greenie spawn in this location, along with two new housing choices, is sure to bring current players to the new island to greet the new pirates

A tailoring bazaar is required for the greenie spawn, and will do very well situated on such a populated island.

An IM allows for cannon stocks to be ensured at the island along with sword sales, which are also better on more populated islands.

Clearly what we have now is not working, so why would we not build this island in a strong way that promotes growth? I can't find any reason that the creation of a greenie spawn in Gila would be bad. Considering that the only opposition has come from players who quit out on the ocean, I highly doubt that there is any.
Emmett
[Edit 3 times, last edit by monstersoda at Nov 27, 2011 11:46:28 AM]
[Nov 27, 2011 11:41:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ade446

I don't blame you for what you're intending to build, there's really not any better options, but making it sound like it is what's going to save mala is pretty laughable. The only thing of value that is coming out of Acanthaster is the Inn.

Considering that the only opposition has come from players who quit out on the ocean, I highly doubt that there is any.

Your ignorance is just as big as your pride.
Sincerely
[Nov 27, 2011 12:51:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

This intent does not claim to save the ocean. Just because some may think the ocean is dead does not justify not trying at all. And yes, I stand by the statement that the only people angry with such a build plan are the people that no longer play here.
Emmett
[Edit 1 times, last edit by monstersoda at Nov 27, 2011 1:01:01 PM]
[Nov 27, 2011 1:00:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kamuflaro

The only thing of value that is coming out of Acanthaster is the Inn.

An inn on mala still has a value? O.o
Forum mute - your shot at the waves of spam (also works on threads)
[Nov 27, 2011 2:14:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atoms12123

Acanthaster: The starfish's long spines release a neurotoxin if touched or stepped on, which can cause intense pain for several hours, nausea, vomiting, and swelling"

Step carefully.....or just enjoy the swelling and nausea

I certainly did, when reading the idiocy of your ideas Emmett.

I'll lay a wreath of Buttercups there, when you're gone.

Another tailor another IM another Emmett owned Island surely will save Malachite and has NOT lead to it's decline
L M F A O
PD

Oh Poopy, I know this is hard to comprehend, but perhaps if you paid attention to politics on Mala, you would know that Emmett only cares about building the island so it doesn't turn out as bad as your reading comprehension. And I'm pretty sure even Argosy is fine with it, otherwise I think they would have challenged FiB for the opener event yesterday. I guess you're just upset cause of the thrashing you received for 2 years or so, on an ocean, that actually caused you to leave.
Ions
Captain of the Pimps at Sea.

Avatars by Inghild, Yumisa ...and Imp.
[Nov 27, 2011 2:48:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Atoms12123    Atoms12123 [Link]  Go to top 
oopoorah

Ions you are a do nothing player - you have no right to speak .

You have a large streched wide orifice and are pretty vocal when your mouth is not filled. (Twinkie?)

I'ts pretty clear that Emmett is deluded and has some horrible ideas that he gets while stroking his.....hair...fez...himself, while looking in the mirror, you follow and defend an idiot primadonna, which seems to indicate you are even more feeble minded.

We'll be looking for you should you ever get off your do nothing backend or Emmett

PD
PoopyDog
slave to Plu
Captain of Burn Notice

Monarch of the flag
Effective Immediately
[Nov 27, 2011 3:23:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Disgraced

You have a large streched wide orifice and are pretty vocal when your mouth is not filled. (Twinkie?)

I'ts pretty clear that Emmett is deluded and has some horrible ideas that he gets while stroking his.....hair...fez...himself, while looking in the mirror, you follow and defend an idiot primadonna, which seems to indicate you are even more feeble minded.

We'll be looking for you should you ever get off your do nothing backend or Emmett

PD

Why do people even reply to this? I mean seriously, there's always going to be the one nut in the group. Let him ramble, and make sure to keep your distance.
Bunnyspawn, prince of Coherent Insanity on Meridian.

Jdilla's wench on Emerald.
[Nov 27, 2011 3:30:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atoms12123

PD

I have no right to speak? I accomplished more on Mala in a month than you did in 2 years. You did nothing but bitch and moan and complain about Emmett's "dictatorship" while pretending to encourage others to kade him to take him out. Then when you tried to kade him, you proceeded to get crushed, then just play it off like nothing ever happened. Every time someone even comes close to insulting you, you attempt to call in your out of ocean support. Remember that time we almost kaded Zuyua, looking for a fun and fair kade? And we got back a response that basically said that you couldn't that week and if we attacked, you would pay war a new flag with no out of ocean support and little funds, and you would use your off ocean navvers because your on-ocean navvers can't do anything? Then you proceed to continue bitching and moaning and not doing anything until you leave the ocean, all the while denying that Chesster was running your flag from the inside. Guess what, I had been to meetings, if Chesster wasn't important, why was he always in attendance? Then you finally left, only to come back and bitch and moan about Zuyua, and then try to mess up kades with Hamsterz, all while still getting crushed. Meanwhile you had your fecal brethren, Poohb, changing names on an island, just to piss others off, and just overall be himself (no need to clarify on that, I'm sure everyone knows what that means). Then Inum came along after leaving/quitting, and tried to defend that. Oh, and then behind my back, you call me "Emmett's lap-dog" that being under my control in a flag must be difficult, even though I was not, and still am not, the leader of Explicit. So please, before you go about doing this stuff, look in the mirror, and ask yourself. "Is complaining about others in a game, that I spend my real money on worth it?"

P.S - I've never had a twinkie in my life, they are disgusting.

P.P.S - Learn to use the signature feature on the forums.
Ions

[Nov 27, 2011 3:41:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Atoms12123    Atoms12123 [Link]  Go to top 
ade446

^Did someone hit a sore spot maybe?
Sincerely
[Nov 27, 2011 3:59:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
totoiseshell

^Did someone hit a sore spot maybe?

troll successful ;)
Inum

Castor says, "No, no! You don't know the secret doohickeys!"
Castor says, "You'll blow up the server!"

Galene says, "I'll trade it to Inum, she can sort it out later! :D"

[Edit 1 times, last edit by totoiseshell at Nov 27, 2011 4:24:18 PM]
[Nov 27, 2011 4:22:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mitchie101

This game is funni.
Mitch on Obsidian.
Mitchiie on Meridian and Emerald.
[Nov 27, 2011 4:36:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atoms12123

Inum don't even try to go with "troll successful" there is no way he attempted to troll. And honestly, what originally hit the soar spot for me was the twinkie remark.
Ions

[Nov 27, 2011 6:01:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Atoms12123    Atoms12123 [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

Have an infographic! This shows the proposed additions to the Gila Arch.
Emmett
[Nov 28, 2011 7:39:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Taytaytatty

Now i see why NS is always cheaper then fugu.... (ship restocking that is)

And yeah, would love to know why everyone is so against another greenie spawn, i wouldve thought moving people away from the central arch is the best way of expanding the ocean? Its not like taking pirate from salts will under populate that arch.

Edit: spelling
Native of Malachite

Ye have received 1 piece of eight from Asuras.
Asuras says, "tay for normal clothes :P not for alkohol xD"

Flag Website
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Taytaytatty at Nov 29, 2011 11:03:31 AM]
[Nov 28, 2011 10:09:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Capndi

Now i see why NS is always cheaper then fugu.... (ship restocking that is)

This is what I've been saying. We have to bring all the rum and cannonballs in - and I think we've done a mighty fine job of keeping it stocked. The only time it's empty is when a cade is pending.
[Nov 29, 2011 6:53:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ade446

would love to know why everyone is so against another greenie spawn, i wouldve thought moving people away from the central arch is the best way of expanding the ocean?

The only argument of any value against this is that you're spreading out an already thin and dying population. There's really no better options however...
Sincerely
[Nov 29, 2011 9:39:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Doulber

I suggest that bringing the rest of the different types of houses to Malachite will decrease the average player population at an average rate of -15.763221/second. This is much better for Malachite than creating another greenie spawn which decrease the average player population at an average rate of Paving Islands like Fable.

I lubs Math and old "I don't want to see you Barely Dressed" Royals

With love, Clint Eastwood
Official spokesman of Ade446.
Barnabas the Pale tells ye, "You made me literally laugh out loud."

-The D: Retired.

[Nov 29, 2011 6:50:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
totoiseshell

Inum don't even try to go with "troll successful" there is no way he attempted to troll. And honestly, what originally hit the soar spot for me was the twinkie remark.

You keep furthering my point :D
Inum

Castor says, "No, no! You don't know the secret doohickeys!"
Castor says, "You'll blow up the server!"

Galene says, "I'll trade it to Inum, she can sort it out later! :D"

[Nov 29, 2011 6:52:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

Today's Infographic, made by Domokun years ago, explains how the game works. Clearly it is not dead.
Emmett
[Nov 29, 2011 8:53:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

One must always watch their backs, as the greatest threats come from behind.
Emmett
[Nov 30, 2011 3:10:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 93   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates