• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 47
Posts: 47   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5338 times and has 46 replies Next Thread
one4u2c12

Re: RAF, doing what we do every weekend

Legolars wrote: 
Id love to see a jobbing graph Avi

Oki.

What do you use to figure this out?
----------------------------------------
Poloboy
So pce
[Nov 26, 2011 3:34:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
am1991

Legolars wrote: 

Oki.

She will never tell!
~Tigerscar Of Viridian~
Captain of the Crew "Uprising"
Founder/King of the Flag "Notorious"

[Nov 26, 2011 3:36:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
one4u2c12

Legolars wrote: 

Oki.

She will never tell!

Hey Tiger ^.^, and oh my bad didn't know it was top secret.
Poloboy
So pce
[Nov 26, 2011 3:38:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
am1991

Legolars wrote: 

Oki.

She will never tell!

Its Classified
~Tigerscar Of Viridian~

[Nov 26, 2011 3:43:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
one4u2c12

Legolars wrote: 

Oki.

She will never tell!

Its Classified

Whats the difference between top secret and classified? lol
Poloboy
So pce
[Nov 26, 2011 3:46:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hazarath

Out of curiosity, what were the ship counts on the board?
Morbuzaan

I support PvP in sinking environments.

Cremate wrote: 
Cremate tells ye, "Anyway I have hockey to watch"

[Nov 26, 2011 3:48:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

At the beginning of the round there were 6 RAF frigs and 8 KO frigs. Can't remember how many Sunshine frigs there were, I think were 2.
Anchovia
[Nov 26, 2011 3:49:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chiptharip

I want to say that it opened 6 frigs RAF, 8 KO, 1 Sunshine with each side adding one or two as the round progressed. May be wrong though, I just remember it was really hectic.

Also, if that jobbing tracker remains private I have one I can hook people up with if you drop me a PM with your email address.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Chiptharip at Nov 26, 2011 6:24:57 PM]
[Nov 26, 2011 3:51:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hazarath

That's an obscene amount of ships, especially with a dense map.
Morbuzaan

I support PvP in sinking environments.

Cremate wrote: 
Cremate tells ye, "Anyway I have hockey to watch"

[Nov 26, 2011 3:58:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitehazed

Such a shame.

Lets see what happens to the next large.
Recruiting a 'Nagflar' character to hold my camel.
# Team Bacon Strips # SwagSauce # YOTO.
[Nov 26, 2011 4:35:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ice_devil

Sunshine had 2 frigs on the board most of the kade.
Hellacious/Hellaciouss/Defunct/Hamsterz
Capy tells ye, "I'm sorry... I don't know you well enough yet to allow you cam time!"
Plu tells ye, "screw you..Im interfering in every cade you ever contend&q
[Nov 26, 2011 5:04:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

Ok, some jobber data.

To get a number that is reasonable to compare, I have used the following formula:

Support number = Total jobbertime for the supported side * ((Jobber time for RM/Jobber time for both sides combined - 0,5)*2). This means that the ratio between RM and KO jobbers is translated to a number between 1 and -1, where 1 means all jobbers to RM, and -1 means all jobbers to KO, and the support number is the pruduct of this number, and the total jobbertime for the supported side.

When this method is used, we get the following top 5 for RM:

Legacy - 612 (1068 minutes for RM, 290 minutes for KO)
Dilemma - 292 (528 RM, 152 KO)
Sea Change - 214 (552 RM, 244 KO)
Integrity - 116 (116 RM)
THE IRON HALO - 100 (100 RM)

If we instead simply use jobber time for RM, ignoring the ratio, we get the following list:

Legacy - 1068 (290 KO)
Outbreak - 848 (752 KO)
Sea Change - 552 (244 KO)
Dilemma - 528 (152 KO)
Pay For Play - 414 (262 KO)

I'd personally recommend using the number that includes the ratio.

Edit:

On Dahlgren's request, I'm also adding a list that shows the difference in jobber time (RM time - KO time).

Legacy - 778
Dilemma - 376
Sea Change - 308
Pay For Play - 152
Integrity - 116

Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ezder at Nov 27, 2011 5:04:12 AM]
[Nov 27, 2011 4:54:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

Thanks for the data Avi.

Since we didn't win the event 'cade, we've made some changes to the prizes around a bit since it would be unfair for first place to not receive a prize. Therefore:
- First place. The WF stocked with 1200 large cannon balls and 500 fine rum moved to an island of your choice Also, an Atlantis or Haunted Seas map (which we'll try and get in the same arch as your ship). Plus, two hours puzzling from Dahlgren, Whiterose or myself.

- Second place. The 100k prize, a War Brig and a commemorative trinket thanking you for your support!

- Third place. A 50k prize, a Sloop and and a commemorative trinket thanking you for your support.

Using Avi's data, Legacy win first place, Dilemma second and Sea Change third. If the monarch (or royal) of those flags could please contact Whiterose to claim your prize. Thanks again for all the support and we hope you had fun.
Anchovia
[Nov 27, 2011 5:08:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
am1991

Thanks for the data Avi.

Since we didn't win the event 'cade, we've made some changes to the prizes around a bit since it would be unfair for first place to not receive a prize. Therefore:
- First place. The WF stocked with 1200 large cannon balls and 500 fine rum moved to an island of your choice Also, an Atlantis or Haunted Seas map (which we'll try and get in the same arch as

- Third place. A 50k prize, a Sloop and and a commemorative trinket thanking you for your support.

Using Avi's data, Legacy win first place, Dilemma second and Sea Change third. If the monarch (or royal) of those flags could please contact Whiterose to claim your prize. Thanks again for all the support and we hope you had fun.

Pfft. Wrong list. Outbreak was 2nd :P
~Tigerscar Of Viridian~

[Nov 27, 2011 7:35:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

Thanks for the data Avi.

- First place. The WF stocked with 1200 large cannon balls and 500 fine rum moved to an island of your choice Also, an Atlantis or Haunted Seas map (which we'll try and get in the same arch as your ship). Plus, two hours puzzling from Dahlgren, Whiterose or myself.

- Second place. The 100k prize, a War Brig and a commemorative trinket thanking you for your support!

Thank you!

I talked to Whiterose in game regarding this.
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Nov 27, 2011 9:08:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elfeesh

Thanks for the data Avi.

It was our pleasure to job for RAF and I'm proud that a flag with only 150ish members is able to play a relatively large part in jobbnig. One of our royals will contact Whiterose at the next given opportunity. Many thanks!
Elfeesh

"We are all worms. But I do believe I am a glow-worm."
[Nov 27, 2011 9:30:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
russellm2

Thanks Whiterose and RAF. I'm happy that quite a few SCers were able to take into consideration my /fb's and flag news post, having many new players in the flag and a lot being clueless! I'll keep an eye out for you.
Powerbow of Meridian and Emerald.
[Nov 28, 2011 1:04:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 47   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates