• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 18
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3396 times and has 17 replies Next Thread
lord_slayer

So how exactly do people get unbanned? Reply to this Post

Because I have received the below at least 10 times, the exact same email, most recently one today.

Ahoy, We have reviewed your ban and have decided that we will not be unbanning youraccount. This decision was not made lightly, but we believe it is for the best of thegame as a whole. As a result of this decision, the appeal for this account isclosed. You may view our Terms of Service athttp://www.puzzlepirates.com/Terms.xhtml Fair winds,
- Hera

Did you slip them some cash or bake them some cookies? Heres my reply that they won't reply to and we can do it all again next year!

I'm curious as to how the others got unbanned then? If its a matter of doing the time, is over 3 years not enough? If its a matter of punishment losing all my friends I spent every day with was more then sufficient. If its a matter of remorse I regretted it ever since it happened. If its a matter of me doing it again, do you really think I would do anything of the sort again? I mean you still haven't told me after 3 years what exactly I was banned for. You really have no idea if those jobbers received pay or not and banned me anyway. I don't know if they did but you really could have have had me banned for all these years for no reason, but then again your not going to reply to this anyway. I''ll see you next year when I've been gone for over 4 years so you can send me the above for probly a 10th time, no exaggeration.

If you read all the give youself a pat on the back and feel free give me your opinion on how I'm the worst bloke to ever walk the planet. Enjoy.

-----------------
Godslayer
[Nov 24, 2011 6:37:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
justjames47

Re: So how exactly do people get unbanned? Reply to this Post

They really should ban these people from the forums as well...
----------------------------------------
Justjames on hunter
[Nov 24, 2011 6:55:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Alesanaftw

I will tell you exactly how people get unbanned.
They send an email for an appeal and then the OMs review it and will unban the player if they thing the ban was not just.

It's obvious you scuppered up pretty bad and won't be getting unbanned (based on the fact you've tried 10 times already). Also, I think annoying the hell out of OOO with persistent e-mails about the same thing after recieveing the fifth (which is 4 extra tries too many) rejection is not a smart way to get unbanned.

Oh and one last thing: you should consider this thing called "thinking ahead". It's so very helpful when you're dealing with cause and effect things. One awesome example would be: "Hey, if I break the rules of Y!PP I'll probably get banned, therefore I shouldn't break the rules of Y!PP if I want to keep playing"
Tjjsalt (Hunter and Cobalt)
All opinions I express are mine alone.

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Alesanaftw at Nov 24, 2011 7:24:41 PM]
[Nov 24, 2011 7:21:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stunna159

Hahaha. how you been man looong time no see. miss yu pal.

sucks about the hole banned thing. we have had alot of people banned for silly things in the past year.

the funniest i think was boogerss who got banned for robbing his own vessel and taking his poe off of his own ship. would you believe it neerly took 3 weeks for them to figure out you cant really rob your own ship by selling your own stock?

OOO has reduced staff to about a third people which is fitting becuase hunter is at less than a third the players as when you were there. and they did fix the reboot glitch entirely begging the question of was the bannings really nescesary. not like you can load a ship around 4 a.m GT now anyways

basically i just play to log on and get cleaned in sf so nothing new there.

wish yu the best of luck man

p.s try sending an email to this Daniel James, CEO:daniel@threerings.net

and if nothing else tell them youve got a house right down the street from. Three Rings Design Inc
612 Howard St # 500, San Francisco, CA
(415) 615-9596 () ?

and youd really like to stop in and say hello for a while.
ZUECE
[Nov 24, 2011 7:36:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elbeejay

Several of the bilge-botters got themselves unbanned by ban-evading for a while. Then I don't know if they got guilty or what the case was, but they complained themselves for ban-evading, and as a result their main pirates were unbanned. At least that's how I understood it, and it has never made any sense to me.
-Elbee on Hunter, Sage, Viridian, and Malachite
[Nov 24, 2011 8:08:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HellKitty1

Maybe getting the amount of time you've been banned right would help, but I doubt it.
Hellkitty
Captain of Silver Dreams
SMH Addict
Hunter Ocean forever
Emerald Ocean and others
[Nov 24, 2011 9:33:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dwizzles

For those eager pirates that have joined us in the last few years since Godslayer was banned, take a look at this. CEPHALAPWNED

Also, agreed on the bilge botting issues. It made my head explode when I heard that story.
-Dwizzles
Captain of Skeletons
King of Illuminatti
[Nov 24, 2011 10:02:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stunna159

lol i didnt really see that there was much wrong with it. the main idea was OOO wanted to make an example of any one who took advantage of a glitch. but i mean a glitch of this size is kind og a monumental F*** up.

the exact details of said glitch were this. run an SMH let the ship not port before reboot every one on the ship gets what they were going to but doesnt get to see booty divi. but owner chests and restock fee turns into ( roughly) 2 M to every 100 K in booty with chests from atlantis.

however a few issues made this look pretty bad first of which was 3 days prior to the event. there was one of the few amendments to the laws of atlantis this one cut chests basically in half of what we were pulling originally. albeit a 200 K smh with a few rejobs doesnt get you alot of poe or items for jobbing.

so it is easy to say i didnt get anything and they got all of that they must have gotten all of our shares. this frankly wasnt the case.

the glitch has been fixed. this incodent being the final straw actually that made it fixed. which really really really pissed off alot of people from sage who were doing this neerly daily. however they didnt make an attempt to cover their tracks they were outright with it and never got into any sort of trouble.

and whether it was slayer or his (very much so real) little brother will never be seen.

the chances of mikeymike or godslayer ever playing again on their mains will be unlikely. although mikeymike makes a breif return from time to time just to prove that he is still a killer navver.

and frankly it could be for the best cause him coming back with 30 + M and a fleet of 200 frigs 200 brigs would probably make dwiz's pants a little heavier

although boltfan is still the godfather of dominating SMH and mikey cant toutch that. despite the fact those 1.3 M smh's every few days were pretty sick. bolts 400 K entries taking the ship down to 30 people and still chasing that gorg was what makes legends

god damn i miss good SMH.
ZUECE
[Nov 25, 2011 12:16:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dalnoth

Not to defend anyone but if you think the OM's have any kind of rules other than their own bias/opinion when it comes to appealing bans you are on crack and put entirely too much faith in them. They can throw all this jazz about the rules and stuff at us, but really what it boils down to is how much money you contribute to them and how much they like/dislike you. Sure your actions have a little to do with it, but there are people they choose to unban that have done way worse things than those who have been banned did. Their inconsistency's are obvious.

If they ever tried to get an accreditation from the better business bureau on their customer service/banning/appeal process they would definitely receive an unsatisfactory rating due to the fact that they don't follow a point set of rules when deciding who they unban and who they choose to remain banned. They hide behind a spirit of the game clause so they don't have to explain themselves when in reality its just shitty unprofessional business practices.

If they ever got reviewed by an unbiased 3rd party under the guidelines OOO made and enforced, you would see a ton of people get rebanned and a ton of people get unbanned. Because it's not just the appeal process that is flawed. They wrongfully ban people all the time with no evidence other than "We the oceanmasters know you are doing something wrong but we can't prove it, so here's the spirit of the game clause ban/unban anyone we feel like clause."

To get on topic, You get a fairer shake the low totem pole OM's than you do the OM's that have been here forever. So if Hera told you know i'd say you are done for.
Big D
Novo tells ye, "Howtie removed me as a manager from her tailor, my wager swordfighting career is over :(."
[Edit 1 times, last edit by dalnoth at Nov 25, 2011 1:22:31 AM]
[Nov 25, 2011 1:21:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://somethingawful.com [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

To get on topic, You get a fairer shake the low totem pole OM's than you do the OM's that have been here forever. So if Hera told you know i'd say you are done for.

Given the level of public outcry about what they did, the fact that some of the developers had to get involved in the situation... even if he managed to get Hera on his side, I think she would still be overruled.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Nov 25, 2011 5:05:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lord_slayer

I also found this odd, but good on you for speaking up.

But yeah I'm not getting unbanned was just curious as to why other people had. Interesting comments by some (Dalnoth) and good to see others still around (Zuece). Really the worst thing I did was lie about it. Yeah I freaked out the next morning when I couldn't log on and truthfully didn't know why I was being told "Banned on another account" until I was told by OOO. Then immediately starting digging a hole till I hit China and well there was no going back. Anyway it's not like much is going to change even with the Sega take over. Would be nice to catch up with people though if anyone wants to hit me up with their FB or msn etc.
------------
Godslayer
[Nov 25, 2011 7:12:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mezzzo

Ok not taking any sides here, but are we really going back to the SMH of God again?

Please not...

Everyone used a bug....I BET!

Anyway.....everyone deserves a second chance...i got one as well ;) But hey...lets chill :D

Lets not discuss this again...
Mezzo :D

Hanging out...
Avy by Masters!
[Nov 25, 2011 8:14:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
justjames47

I also found this odd, but good on you for speaking up.

How is it odd to not want to read through another thread by a banned played lamenting the fact that he/she cannot play anymore? You messed up. You were punished. Now please do us all a favour and find a new hobby so we can continue to be grammar Nazis in the other hunter parley threads without being distracted by this garbage.
Justjames on hunter
[Nov 25, 2011 9:26:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

Yeah that arguement would perhaps be valid if everyone was treated equal. Lawlcrackers/Therealblass was unbanned from bilgebotting even though he got caught evading several times. Hell knows what Brobbins got banned for but hey he's back now too. You've got Monsterhunts/Splendid/Matusami, Fillalt/Alexgunner, Bahara/Joshsivils ban evading like it ain't no thang while Wazzy and Kory both gets capped if they get within a 5 mile radius of a Y!PP server.

Dalnoth is right, customer service is ridiculously opinionized and that means people like Godslayer here who were banned on valid grounds is going to have people who were also banned on solid grounds and then unbanned to compare himself with, thus making his ban appeal a lot more valid. The system is messed up, that's all you can say. Even though Godslayer may not deserve to be unbanned, a lot of people that didn't deserve it got unbanned, so why should he be any different?
Dahl "I have higher moral standards" gren
[Nov 25, 2011 10:42:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chiptharip

The only way to properly deal with the appeal system is to go out and get yours.
[Nov 25, 2011 1:51:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bluebetsy

I agree with Dalnoth & Dalgren. After seeing "blind" justice metered out with amazing disparity, there are many players who still play, though if what they did was in RL jail time would be involved, go scott free while a player spamming in the inn etc gets banned, the complaint against them coming via one of the above mentioned jail birds. Justice indeed!

Intent, circumstances and fore-knowledge should be considered as important as the crime.
I thought he did a nice job this time, with a minimum of trolling.
[Nov 26, 2011 6:36:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Grozni3

You've got Monsterhunts/Splendid/Matusami, Fillalt/Alexgunner, Bahara/Joshsivils ban evading

They can't ban them, because if they do they have to ban gigants like Cairna for helping a ban evader, which would cause the whole Economy of viridian to go poof!
Forums are like the radio, you can read/hear stuff happening but nothing ever actually happens...
[Dec 1, 2011 5:00:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Contents1

Honestly, OOO runners arent quite sure on how to make the game run. They were able to set it up and get it going. Other then that, the banning is out RAGeous. when i was banned, 4 years ago it was for selling 4 extra rum and 9 extra cannon balls on a ship after a pillage.t Oceanus decided to job me to a ship to talk with the person who owned the ship. Also, it wasnt really a talk, it was me getting banned for a stupid reason. I had the money in my inventory and was about to send it back ( if i had a chance) but i was banned. Its ridicoulouse, some people have real reasons to be banned, such as botters, hackkers, REAL THEIFS and others. but for something stupid as to what i did. There out of control. I wont lie, this is the best game i played. and i've done my time. . and i am now officially done with this game unless im un banned. Im not obsessed so i wont send 10 messages and annoy OOO support. but they should really look at our emails, not just give us a automatid recording like what lordslayer said. I've done my time. and i feel it should just give a person a mark. Or a more sufficient warning. Not just kick them from the game after 1 mess up. this game will go no where if that happens. and without commercial or advertisment. this game will start failing more and more. They need to give people who didnt have a fair chance, a chance.

Contents- Meridian. ( Yarryar)
[Mar 18, 2012 4:16:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates