• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 100
Posts: 100   Pages: 4   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7869 times and has 99 replies Next Thread
Whitehazed

Re: *Knockouts Intent for Olive*

Why does it matter what RM did or didn't do anyway? we so so broke :(.

Like Legacy? I love ignoring sarcasm...

And Cairna blockading friends - Is Virid like Midnight now? lol

All that really matters is that I'm hitting the club while Virid staggers its sleep :D

The fact that friends have to be lost over a blockade is such idiocy.
----------------------------------------
Recruiting a 'Nagflar' character to hold my camel.
# Team Bacon Strips # SwagSauce # YOTO.
[Nov 19, 2011 12:39:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

Calling IC/KO out on running the blockade out of the same flag is as two-faced as it gets. If I were in on it, I would have run it the same exact way. So would anyone in this thread that has run a blockade (not that I have, just saying). RM did it a bunch (don't ask me to cite, it happened and you know it), TP and VG both did it during the first blorgy, KO did it when they took down RM, RAF did it a few weeks ago. It's common practice.

As for IC's relationship with KO, I have to agree with that. I can't say that I've ever seen IC not latching onto the flagship flag of an alliance. It was RM for a long time, TP for a bit, and VG at one (perhaps several; wouldn't surprise me) point(s). In other words, as long as Lizzy's been in charge of IC, they've heavily relied on a sugar daddy. Nobody needs any logs to prove it (and I'm not going to ask you for logs about whether or not Brisky's backing P4P's drops), it's been clear for years. To say that IC is singularly capable of being a quality blockade flag is super lulz. They had to run a box auction between rounds at Hadrian last year for lack of funds!

Moving on, two mutually respectful and fair-playing alliances would be nice, yes. However, past histories, grudges, tendencies, etc. make it highly unlikely. For example, it's extremely wishful thinking that any of your chief allies, namely Ksb and Monlizzy, can be part of any such arrangement when they're the most notorious examples of people that take blockades extremely personally and counter by winning at any cost.

I don't doubt that you'd probably have a lot more fun if the ocean's state were more like that, but I don't think you're taking the right steps to steer the ocean in that direction. I'm not going to go into it too far, but providing people with a "have at it" green light to have easier blockades on your "fluff" islands, it just unfortunately doesn't seem to work. Blockading more islands (out of understandable annoyance) that will inevitably be tossed into the same dusty pot won't help anyone any either.

And I flew with KLM this summer and, not being a really picky person at all, it was one of the best flight experiences I've ever had.
[removed by SOPA]
[Edit 2 times, last edit by kenjennings at Nov 19, 2011 1:15:20 PM]
[Nov 19, 2011 1:10:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
123park

And I flew with KLM this summer and, not being a really picky person at all, it was one of the best flight experiences I've ever had.

Not a bad reason for KLM/Air France being one of the best Flight companies in the world :P
Technitium
[Nov 19, 2011 1:23:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

I flew "there" (flew "back" with KLM) with Air France and had a nasty run-in with a steward who made me pay for a carry-on bag that I've flown with problem-free in the past. It was the exact dimensions they require for carry-on but the wheels prevented it from fitting into their stupid, probably undersized, test-cage thing. Also, when taking off in their A380, a waterfall poured out of the overhead compartment a few rows up, causing a few nervy minutes. I had initially completely forgotten there was an entire floor on top of us so the water was a bit freaky. Otherwise, I've had good experiences with them.

Yeah... Derail much but at least it's better than the usual junk.
[removed by SOPA]
[Nov 19, 2011 1:32:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
afura

Some people missed the subtelty of my previous post, I was fixing Cairna's post so I was speaking as Cairna.

Calling IC/KO out on running the blockade out of the same flag is as two-faced as it gets. If I were in on it, I would have run it the same exact way. So would anyone in this thread that has run a blockade (not that I have, just saying)

It is because the Olive drop was done by KO, and not IC as a response to the Hadrian drop, that people are coming to their conclusions. If there was no Hadrian drop there would be no would be no Olive drop. So this scenario is not the same as normal multi drops.
Afura on Viridian Ocean

Admin of Puzzle Piracy - home of Pirate Auction House
[Nov 19, 2011 1:57:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepiracy.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
123park

I flew "there" (flew "back" with KLM) with Air France and had a nasty run-in with a steward who made me pay for a carry-on bag that I've flown with problem-free in the past. It was the exact dimensions they require for carry-on but the wheels prevented it from fitting into their stupid, probably undersized, test-cage thing. Also, when taking off in their A380, a waterfall poured out of the overhead compartment a few rows up, causing a few nervy minutes. I had initially completely forgotten there was an entire floor on top of us so the water was a bit freaky. Otherwise, I've had good experiences with them.

Yeah... Derail much but at least it's better than the usual junk.

happens once per 100.000.000 flights. Just sucked you were at one of them =(
Technitium
[Nov 19, 2011 2:08:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ameranth

Lets just lay them out on the table and measure them!

Mine's 8 feet long.

What, you meant the tables, right?
Ameranth of Viridian Meridian
Senior Officer of Nightmare, Prince of Legacy
[Nov 19, 2011 2:54:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
glittertjess

Congrats on the defense P4P, well done! Thanks to for everyone who jobbed and all the staffs who made this possible. Look out for more cades tomorrow!
Cairna
Monarch of Knockout on Meridian & Emerald
Loiosch says, "when do we ci"
Karthika says, "cai might spank me if i do"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by glittertjess at Nov 20, 2011 12:01:23 AM]
[Nov 19, 2011 9:10:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IVdripper

I just want to say thanks to a very worthy opponent for one of the best fought blockades I have had the pleasure of working in. You guys had me holding my breath for literally hours. Cheers!

IV

IVdripper/IVdripperone

"They sicken of the calm who know the storm."
-- Dorothy Parker
[Nov 19, 2011 9:19:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    On the porch, with my friends, drinking brandy,    watching the sea, and talking 'bout the good ol' days. [Link]  Go to top 
shadymermady

Thanks everyone for helping P4P put up a great defence at Olive and for a fun time at Hadrian.

I didn't read all this thread until now after the cade but i will say that even though it looks like a flamethread of sorts, KO was a good opponent and i thank them for working with me on keeping jobbing even and pay low.

oh also!!!!! WELCOME BACK RUDE<3 2 weeks late but was still great to have you back on the board where you belong :D
Betty - Obsidian

Crip tells ye, "bout to turn on my balls warmer.."
[Nov 19, 2011 9:33:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 100   Pages: 4   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates