• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 26
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6373 times and has 25 replies Next Thread
Bluetta

The Amazing Race: Midnight Ocean - Win Gold Paint and more!

This event is to win 2 tickets to 20/0 with Bluetta Walters and Captain Cleaver.

Ahoy, all ye lads and lasses!

So you think you're awesome in racing sloops? How about swordfighting? Apothing? Puzzles and word games? Are you good at just about anything??

Well if you're not, don't worry... You get a teammate for this event!

What: The Amazing Race: Midnight Ocean

When: Sunday, May 15th, starting at 11 am PST

Who: Teams of two

This event follows the basic Amazing Race premise - teams will begin on one island, and following clues and riddles, sail to a unknown location. Once there, they will have to complete a task to get the clue to the next location. And so on and so forth. The event should (hopefully) take no more than 4 hours!

Teams are responsible for having their sloops at PAPAYA in Diamond Arch, and for all the rum and cannonballs that they need. You will be expected to job into an Amazing Race crew so we can track your progress - obviously if you're caught whisking instead of sailing.. you'll be disqualified immediately.

Because of the nature of this contest, there are not many more details that you can know ahead of time. Tasks will cover many different aspects of the game and will NOT be limited to puzzles alone. Be prepared to come and think, as well as sail and fight. Well-rounded pirates will do well here!

The best part about this contest is how much freedom you have in your decisions! If there's more than one way to get to the next island, choose wisely. Don't have the chart? Do what you need to do to get it, or get charted. Get attacked by brigands? Well, its up to you to decide how to get out of that the quickest! You have a choice in whatever you do, as long as you get to the next clue (by sailing a sloop, that is) on the next island!

Anddddd the important part...

PRIZES

Top three teams will win prizes. Team One will win the two tickets to join us and Cleaver for a half hour of fun in ventrilo.

The top three teams will EACH win a portrait of their team, with a copy made.

The prizes for the top three teams are as follows:

1) Enough gold paint for one part (sideboard or railings) of a sloop to be painted OR gold matching outfits for the team

2) A renamed sloop, named the Racer Goby, painted any two colors except for black and gold

3) An official Llama avaroonie of your team, drawn by none other than Llama the Great Avaroonist

Top three teams will get to choose which of the three prizes they want!

Remember to register with me, with the two people on your team, and the sloop you will be using either here or in a PM! I'm going to allow team registration up until the start of the race, and will have broadcasts an hour beforehand to remind everyone!

Post any questions here!
----------------------------------------
~Bluetta
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Bluetta at Apr 17, 2005 11:58:41 AM]
[Apr 17, 2005 11:58:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Oorlian

Re: The Amazing Race: Midnight Ocean - Win Gold Paint and more!

So let's review. I sail, *and* I get Inuki to figure out the stuff requiring actual thinking? We can't lose!
I make my way across the sea, upon a mighty brig,
Searching for something lost to me: a pirate-worthy sig.
[Apr 17, 2005 12:03:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.kevan.org/brain.cgi?Oorlian    Oorlian [Link]  Go to top 
Apprenta

But the question is, Oor, is Inuki-dinki-dinki up to it? :D

Anyhow, Blue dear... what if a non-Ventrilo wins? What happens?
Apprenta, Damsel of the Emerald Raiders
Current Cynpoints: n+1
[Apr 18, 2005 1:52:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Oorlian

Apprenta wrote: 
But the question is, Oor, is Inuki-dinki-dinki up to it? :D

Anyhow, Blue dear... what if a non-Ventrilo wins? What happens?

Inuki's a hell of a lot smarter than I am. Which I admit isn't saying a whole lot.

If a non-Ventrilo person wins, I suspect the winner would be able to find a friend to donate the tickets to.
I make my way across the sea, upon a mighty brig,
Searching for something lost to me: a pirate-worthy sig.
[Apr 18, 2005 2:15:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.kevan.org/brain.cgi?Oorlian    Oorlian [Link]  Go to top 
Bluetta

Indeed, Oorlian is right. You win the ticket, you can do whatever you want with it. Sell it, give it away, make a tourney for it, whatever. There will be other prizes worth winning as well as the tickets, although the ticket is the *best* prize, of course

I mean c'mon... you know he has a British accent, right?! ;)
~Bluetta
[Apr 18, 2005 2:42:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Matthias

I was thinking of running the exact same thing... except crossing over into all four oceans just to be fancy.

You guys enjoy Cleaver. I'm going to sob for a bit.
I took my own advice.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Matthias at Apr 19, 2005 10:36:26 PM]
[Apr 19, 2005 10:36:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bluetta

Matthias, you can borrow a sloop.. and ask a buddy to chart you.. that's the beauty of this contest - You can use *whatever* resources you need to get where you need to go. Minus whisking that is. You still need to sail. Heh. Plus you need a partner... so maybe the partner has a sloop?

Teams have started registering, the event is three weeks from today! Once again, the starting island is now Papaya. Also, anyone that would like to help out in the running of this event, instead of participating, send me a PM. I'm still looking for some roles to be filled!
~Bluetta
[Apr 23, 2005 10:37:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Matthias

I have buddies?

Edit: I guess if I want to participate, I'll have to make a character. Thankfully, I'll be making a character to terrorize the ocean with Indeed. Indeed, Indeed! That takes the sting off screwing up my Homullus impression.
I took my own advice.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Matthias at Apr 24, 2005 1:36:30 PM]
[Apr 24, 2005 1:36:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bluetta

Heh. Its not going to cost much to participate.. just ship supplies...

I'm bumping this to let everyone know that I have teams signing up, prizes are coming together quite nicely, and the event has been mapped out in full!

So, start signing up, ye've got two weeks to decide that you want to kick some booty around the ocean and prove to everyone that not only do you have the puzzle skills, you also have the smarts and intuition!

I will update this post soon with the prizes. Like I said, top three teams will win prizes, as well as a 50k/30k/20k pot!
~Bluetta
[Apr 29, 2005 1:17:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Matthias

That reminds me: Can we use ferries?
I took my own advice.
[Apr 29, 2005 2:19:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bluetta

Not unless you wish to be disqualified. ;)

You have to sail from island to island.
~Bluetta
[Apr 29, 2005 2:32:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lionizer

Getting charted

Ahoy, It doesn't say specifically, but I suppose that once ye've gotten charted, only the two persons on the team and bots are allowed on the boat?

So no sailing/swordfighting help from mates, right?

On a side-note, will it get me disqualified to have say 100 mate-filled ships attack all other teams? :)
[Apr 29, 2005 8:32:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://lionizer.dk/pirate [Link]  Go to top 
Bluetta

That's a good question, Lionizer.

PvP will NOT be allowed in this event. I will be talking to the OMs on duty about sending out broadcasts to this effect, and anyone caught planning anything of the sort will be disqualified.

And if I didn't say it specifically, yes, the only mates allowed on your ship are you, your mate and two bots. :)
~Bluetta
[Apr 29, 2005 11:05:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bluetta

Hooray! Prizes!

Prizes have finally been added! I posted it in the main post, but I'll reiterate them here...

PRIZES

Top three teams will win prizes. Team One will win the two tickets to join us and Cleaver for a half hour of fun in ventrilo.

The top three teams will EACH win a portrait of their team, with a copy made.

The prizes for the top three teams are as follows:

1) Enough gold paint for one part (sideboard or railings) of a sloop to be painted OR gold matching outfits for the team

2) A renamed sloop, named the Racer Goby, painted any two colors except for black and gold

3) An official Llama avaroonie of your team, drawn by none other than Llama the Great Avaroonist

Top three teams will get to choose which of the three prizes they want!
~Bluetta
[May 10, 2005 3:32:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IceColdFire

Im having one of my creativity spurts. Will the fast forward, yield all those extra goodies be included or is that a detail that cannot be shared?

Id be smirking for hours if i got to yield Inuki =p

-insert maniacal laugh-
-Twiggy

Zezuma says, "what type of ship is this"
Jiiggsaw says, "i think a war fridge"

[May 13, 2005 6:51:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bluetta

I'd like to just elaborate on a few rules.

There will be an OM broadcast asking the ocean not to PvP The Amazing Race participants - however, the way that people will know that you're participating is if you *actually* are in the Amazing Race crew for the event. This means leaving your own crew for the space of a few hours. Your options are:
a) leave your crew and be safe from PvP
b) use alts and be safe from PvP
c) job with the amazing race crew and possibly be attacked by pvp, I will still ask them to disengage, but it will waste time.

This is all up to you!

Just wanted to let you all know also that I'm going to allow people to register up until the start of the race. So keep on brining those teams in! Thanks!
~Bluetta
[May 14, 2005 10:49:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Matthias

And after all my smacktalk, it was on at 4 in the morning.
I took my own advice.
[May 15, 2005 3:31:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
peax

A truly Amazing Race. Thanks to Bluetta, Lejerque, Jelly, Furshizzle, Haruko...oh the list is endless. Great event, we had a lot of fun. Thank you =)
'Beauty is truth, truth beauty, that is all
Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.
(-Keats)
[May 15, 2005 6:50:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rmarsbar

That was great, confused by symbols, but great! ;)

Rmarzbarr
Took a wrong turn. A big wrong turn.
Rmarzbarr, a Superlemon!
[May 15, 2005 6:53:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Marziepants    Marziepants1    334439659 [Link]  Go to top 
altmerman55

peax wrote: 
A truly Amazing Race. Thanks to Bluetta, Lejerque, Jelly, Furshizzle, Haruko...oh the list is endless. Great event, we had a lot of fun. Thank you =)

Yep, great event! If only we could've come in 5 seconds sooner and gotten 3rd instead of two other LUCKY pirates...*cough...Misery and Buri...cough*
[size=10]Sheo says, "We're duking it out after this"
Peax says, "With great pleasure."
Feegle says, "You guys DO know that it's the arguing, and not the poe or blood, that convinces me to come along on your pillages, right?"

[May 15, 2005 7:05:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Sheo55 [Link]  Go to top 
Bluetta

Ahoy everyone!

I have a few messages!

First of all, congratulations to my winners:

1st - Kargach and Yukinon, winning the tickets to Cleaver, gold outfits, and a portrait of their team!

2nd - Bootlicker and Empereux, winning a renamed, painted sloop and a portrait

3rd - Prettyburi and Misery, winning a bonafide Llama avatar and a portrait

And... because it really was mere seconds... Peax and Sheo won a lovely consolation prize of a portrait for their team as well!

Next and MORE importantly, thank you SO much for everyone that helped me out with this event:
Zyborg, for sloop-monitoring for me
Clementyne, Lejerque and Leif, for being contact people on each of the islands
My crew, BD, for being brawl dummies for my teams to beat up on (or try to)
Pjs, Quidnunc, Jelly and Furshizzle, for being my Spades and Hearts opponents (and also Clem and Lejerque for that after their island work was done)

For my first ever ocean event, I think this ran rather well! If it ever is brought up again, I'll certainly know better how to handle card-playing portions of this sort of event! Thank you everyone for being good sports and for having fun and participating!

And.. the puzzles and answers:

The Logic Puzzle, Cleaver's Revenge, written by the amazingly witty Clementyne:

O, those wacky Dread Ringers! Seems Nemo and 4 others played a prank on Captain Cleaver (one person renamed El Pollo Diablo to El Cleaver Diablo). The truth will out, and as punishment, each was assigned a different task (one was ordered to alphabetize bug reports). Of course, we only hurt the people we love, so Cleaver also played a small prank on each prankster in revenge (one of the person's ships were all renamed "Cleaver's Minion").

The five pranksters were: the one who logged in as Cleaver to harrass the new OMs (this person was not the one whose personal email address was posted to the miniclip forums as revenge), the one whose punishment was to read the entire 'bady booty divvy' thread aloud, Swedish chef style-- without laughing (who wasn't the person whose text filter was changed to reject any line not beginning with /em as revenge), the one who generated a fake interoffice memo confessing that Cleaver really didn't care for pirates very much and would fire anyone who said "Arr", Bluebeard, and the one whose forum avatar was changed to an animated gif reading 'Don't mess with cleaver!' as revenge.

Hussar isn't the one who was punished by working double-shifts as an OM in all 4 oceans (whose personal email address was posted to the miniclip forums as revenge). Cleaver's revenge on TedV was to change his chat filter to reject any line that did not begin with /em.

The prankster who changed Cleaver's title in-game to 'Wench' (who, as punishment, was ordered to review all postings to the banpleading email account for grammar and spelling) isn't the person that Cleaver created a fake contest for in the events forum as revenge (good revenge, too... a 'Spam me for a familiar!' contest).

Peghead, who changed Cleaver's text filter to change /tells into broadcasts, is neither the person who was punished by being ordered to moderate the Parley forum, nor the one who was ordered to read the entire 'bady booty divvy' thread aloud.

Can you determine what prank each Dread Ringer played on Cleaver, his punishment, and Cleaver's revenge?

(Clem, can you post the answer? I regret to say I don't actually have it...)

Trivia questions:

Who was the governor of Nu in Azure Ocean (pirate and flag)? Browngotee and The Neo Crews

How many male black/gold swashbuckler jackets can I make with 17 KB and 11 gold ore? 3

What was the order of arch openings for blockades?
Diamond, Emerald, Ruby, Jet, Opal, Pearl, Coral, Sapphire

Who got married by Cleaver on Nuptial in the very first PP wedding? Ursela and Duncan

Which Ringer does Barnaby have a connection with? Nemo

Which commodity forms the eye of a rhinocerous and what two other islands can you find it on?
Lorandite, Iris and Durian

Which ocean shares the name of one of Midnight's commodities? Indigo (german ocean)

Who were the contenders of Jorvik II? Tyr's Own and Looterati

What was Peghead's most infamous booch (and funniest!)? Backwards chat filter

And finally, the main stumpers of this day, the Island Clues, written by our own YPP Word Puzzle Prodigy, LeJerque:

Papaya to Alpha:

"So ye're ready to set sail?
Hope yer luck shall never fail!
Ye're embarkin' on a most Amazing Race!
Where're ye headed first, ye ask? Well,
Find the cowlicked little rascal,
But forget the fuzzy puppet who's from space!"

Alfalfa - Alf = Alfa (or Alpha)

Alpha to Guava:

"Har, ye're nearin' the halfway marker! I'll give ye this inspirational phrase I found lyin' about to speed ye on yer way: 'Shun navigated pelt taxes!' Har, wiser words there's never been. Admittedly, it loses a little bit in the translation, but I think the gist of it is that ye shouldn't think o' this as a series of objectives, but one big journey! Aye, an' I think if ye stops lookin' fer the next step, ye'll see directly where ye ought to head!"

The trick, obviously, is in the bizarre phrase... but the key is in the final sentence--stop looking for THE NEXT STEP. In fact, I think if you remove THE NEXT STEP from our little inspirational phrase...

SHUN NAVIGATED PELT TAXES
- THE NEXT STEP
= U NAVIGAD L AS

Which rearranges to:
GUAVA ISLAND!

Guava to Wrasse:

"Har, ye're makin' quite the amusin' show o' yerself, aren't ye? Sailin' about in all directions like an old salt with two eyepatches! Ye've been lucky, makin' it this far, but ye'll never finish unless ye figures the next direction to go... har, but which point o' the compass to follow, that's the question... pity ye'll can only find it in the answer!"

The key points here are "point of the compass" and the dichotomous words QUESTION and ANSWER, and looking for something that's in the latter but not in the former. Well, the four points of a compass are N S E and W...

quEStioN
aNSWEr

See? Every direction is in both words, except for W, which is only in answer and not question! And which island is due West from Guava? Wrasse!

Finally, Wrasse to Zeta:

"Nearly there, are ye? Har, I envy ye, racin' about to fame an' fortune. I'd love to tell ye what yer final destination be, but arrr... I'm enjoyin' the memories too much of me own races through the Midnight Ocean! Aye, we used to sing this song about the last Amazin' Race, an' the path we followed...

(To the tune of "Donkey Riding," Traditional/Great Big Sea)
Way, hey, and away we go!
Donkey combo, donkey combo
Scored yerself a Donkey

Was you ever Jorvik bound?
Looterati's stompin' ground
Buy yer mates a quenchin' round
Scorin' up a Donkey!

Scored yerself a Donkey

Was you ever on Horseshoe Crabs?
Where yer elbow scrapes an' scabs
Leushite be up fer grabs
Scorin' up a Donkey!

Scored yerself a Donkey

Was you ever docked at Spring
Where the Krakens never sting
And the lasses dance an' sing
Scorin' up a Donkey!

Scored yerself a Donkey

Was you ever on Monsoon
Where the parrots like to croon
So ye beat 'em with a spoon
Scorin' up a Donkey!

Scored yerself a Donkey

Have ye sailed the Amazin' Race?
Puzzlin' at a frantic pace
I will stab ye in the face
Scorin' up a Donkey!

Scored yerself a Donkey"

I did have fun writing that, if you can't tell. It purposely gets sillier as it goes. The key, though, is the order of the islands as presented in the song: Jorvik, Horseshoe Crabs, Spring, Monsoon. If you plot them on a map--albeit not along existing routes--they make a near-perfect 'Z,' or Zeta.

Thanks to everyone, helpers, participants, and the friendly OMs who broadcasted for me, gave me advice and are providing some of the prizes!

edit: Also thanks to my sweet (in-game) hubby Randal, who sat by my side for the entire event and supported me and motivated me to get it all together in time for the start of the race today.
~Bluetta
[May 15, 2005 12:39:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rexie

So, we didn't win.. but we sure had fun trying!

Tawnee and I were sure, well, okay, I was sure, that we were supposed to go due SW from Guava... which would be Nu. >.> Upon reaching Nu, we realized that it wasn't "anSWer," but "question" we should have been looking at ... as in, there's no W in "quEStioN." *bonks forehead*

But we did enjoy our lovely shortcut Guava-Nu-Wrasse and had a portrait made to remember the fun day!

http://midnight.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/gallery/portrait.wm?pirate=Rexelita&itemid=3719958
R3><3L33T4
Jeridus says, "See, I dunno about that, I would think Rexi being evil would be like only relative evil. Like some sort of diabolical kitten"
[May 15, 2005 3:40:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Merridian

/me curses Clementyne

I must know the answer to that evil logic mind bender!
Merridian, Dark Illuminati

"Swabby bring my helping of brains in a clean bucket!" - The Dead Captain, to the Crew
[May 16, 2005 1:09:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clementyne

um, heh. yer welcome?

OK, so we got this info:

O, those wacky Dread Ringers! Seems Nemo and 4 others played a prank on Captain Cleaver (one person renamed El Pollo Diablo to El Cleaver Diablo). The truth will out, and as punishment, each was assigned a different task (one was ordered to alphabetize bug reports). Of course, we only hurt the people we love, so Cleaver also played a small prank on each prankster in revenge (one person's ships were all renamed "Cleaver's Minion").

Clue 1 The five pranksters were: the one who logged in as Cleaver to harrass the new OMs (this person was not the one whose personal email address was posted to the miniclip forums as revenge), the one whose punishment was to read the entire 'bad booty divvy' thread aloud, Swedish chef style-- without laughing (who wasn't the person whose text filter was changed to reject any line not beginning with /em as revenge), the one who generated a fake interoffice memo confessing that Cleaver really didn't care for pirates very much and would fire anyone who said "Arr", Bluebeard, and the one whose forum avatar was changed to an animated gif reading 'Don't mess with cleaver!' as revenge.

Clue 2 Hussar isn't the one who was punished by working double-shifts as an OM in all 4 oceans (whose personal email address was posted to the miniclip forums as revenge). Cleaver's revenge on TedV was to change his chat filter to reject any line that did not begin with /em.

Clue 3 The prankster who changed Cleaver's title in-game to 'Wench' (who, as punishment, was ordered to review all postings to the banpleading email account for grammar and spelling) isn't the person that Cleaver created a fake contest for in the events forum as revenge (good revenge, too... a 'Spam me for a familiar!' contest).

Clue 4 Peghead, who changed Cleaver's text filter to change /tells into broadcasts, is neither the person who was punished by being ordered to moderate the Parley forum, nor the one who was ordered to read the entire 'bad booty divvy' thread aloud.

Can you determine what prank each Dread Ringer played on Cleaver, his punishment, and Cleaver's revenge?

-----------
Now, if you ignore the fact that I used an awful lot of words, you'll see it's a really simple problem. From Clue 1, we have the following:

Prankster Prank Punishment Revenge
[A] Harrass OMs
[B] bad booty divvy
[C] Fake Memo
Bluebeard
[D] Don't mess w/Cleaver

The next place to look is clue #4. From this clue, we see that Peghead changed Cleaver's chat filter, and was not punished by reading 'bad booty divvy' or by moderating parley. Looking at the list, Peghead has to be either slot [B] or [D], but isn't [B]. Thus, we have:

Prankster    Prank        Punishment         Revenge
[A] Harrass OMs
[B] bad booty divvy
[C] Fake Memo
Bluebeard
Peghead Broke /tel Don't mess w/Cleaver

The next helpful clue is #3: the person who awarded the title of 'Wench' to Cleaver was ordered to review all postings to the banpleading email address. This has to be Bluebeard, because slots [A] and [C] have different pranks, and slot [B] has a different punishment. This leaves us with only one prank left, so we can fill that in, too

[A] Harrass OMs
[B] rename EPD bad booty divvy
[C] Fake Memo
Bluebeard 'wench' banpleading

We know from clue #2, that the prankster punished with double-shifts also had his personal email address posted to the miniclip forums. We kmnow from clue #1 that the person who logged in as Cleaver did not have his email publicly posted as revenge, so...

[A] Harrass OMs
[C] Fake Memo double-shifts OM email on miniclip

Also from clue #2, we see that Cleaver's revenge on TedV was to change his chat filter to only accept emotes. We know from Clue #1 that this was not the person punished by reading the bad booty divvy thread aloud. The only place, logically, to assign TedV is slot [A].

TedV Harrass OMs emotes only

Only two revenges left for Bluebeard, but according to clue #3, he did not have a fake contest created for him. This means that his ships were all renamed 'Cleaver's Minion'

[B] rename EPD bad booty divvy Spamming Contest
Bluebeard 'wench' banpleading 'Cleaver's Minion'

Only two ringers left, and we know Hussar was not assigned double-shifts (see clue #2), so:

Hussar rename EPD bad booty divvy Spamming Contest
Nemo Fake Memo double-shifts OM email on miniclip

Only two punishments left, and clue #4 states that Peghead was not forced to moderate Parley. This leaves us with:

Prankster Prank Punishment Revenge
TedV Harrass OMs moderate Parley emotes only
Hussar rename EPD bad booty divvy Spamming Contest
Nemo Fake Memo double-shifts OM email on miniclip
Peghead Broke /tel alphabetize bugs Don't mess w/Cleaver

And there ya go. Many people solved the logic puzzle. Only two teams presented incorrect solutions and did not follow-up with correct ones. In retrospect, I should have either created a less verbose puzzle, or asked like two questions to verify the answers (Whose email was posted on minclip.com? Who was forced to moderate Parley?)
Clementyne - Cultist
Clementine - Arctic Blade
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Clementyne at May 16, 2005 1:44:28 AM]
[May 16, 2005 1:44:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
1ikate

Burr and I had fun sailing around, puzzling our brains!

Just a few suggestions:

-save the tough logic/trivia for the final event. It was a bit overwhelming to have that first and wonder "It gets harder from here?" I think there were a few teams who quit because of that.

-have it so if a team doesn't win at the brawl or cards, they have to go to the end of the line - it was a bit frusterating to stand there watching the same team play over and over again.

-have someone who can tell the teams what number they are on the list to brawl or play cards (maybe even post it on the news board for that room - though that would require someone holding the deed to be the contact). It was beyond frustrating to walk into the inn and not have any idea what to do our when to do it (and to see teams who arrived after we did, have a go before we did).

You did a great job and handled the event very well!
Wildrose
The Cult of the Red Mantis
Looterati
Midnight Ocean
[May 16, 2005 1:45:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Piplicus_BNO

From the sounds of the clues, I congratulate you on the event; it, by the looks of things, must have been great.

What Pip tried to do was something totally unprecedent. He, in some strange way, used Midnight as a test server, without him even knowing. [Crap, it sucks I was not online when he did that :'(... pfft, anyways]

Like a bad penny.
[May 16, 2005 3:23:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com    Intermission #3 - click here! [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates