• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 15
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2045 times and has 14 replies Next Thread
shadymermady

Olive Island.

Was just wondering if anyone has a suggestion on what we should build on Olive? We have the option of Trading Post, Explorers' Hall or Black Market.

The Explorers' Hall just dusted which was intentional. We don't have a problem building a new EH it was just alot easier to rebuild it then try and have props replaced.
----------------------------------------
Betty - Obsidian

Crip tells ye, "bout to turn on my balls warmer.."
[Nov 18, 2011 1:08:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yasmi6

Re: Olive Island.

another EH to promote pillies???
Yasmi on Meridian
Yasmi/Ayani on all oceans
Captain of Lilith's Perfume
Princess of Imperial Coalition
(ex-Queen of Devils Advocates)

Better to reign in Hell, than to serve in Heaven...
[Nov 18, 2011 2:19:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

I'm obviously biased, since I built that EH in the first place and I had my reasoning behind that, but I would actually suggest replacing it. As I have understood it, two EHs on nearby islands is more than twice as good as one, because it's possible to buy more charts for a certain route at the same time. When we had the islands, it was easy to see that sales in the Swampfen/Olive EHs were about 10 times as high as the sales in the EHs we used to have at TLM/Fintan, in total about 20 maps/compasses per day on each island. That can also increase your stock sales, I guess, though we never really saw any effects of that. (Nativepride would know better, though, he was the one running the stock.)

Otherwise, I guess some people might like a new BM in Jade, though the interest doesn't seem that big (judging by recent Harmattan incidents etc), since Laby has one and the cost of a whisk is rather reglectable if you're going to buy black boxes. I suppose.

Also, glad to see the palace reset and even with some paint! There is more work that could be done if one wanted (downgrading/upgrading bank and estate agent, renaming the bank and palace etc), but you have fixed the biggest eyesore, which is great. Thanks for that!
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Nov 18, 2011 2:36:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shadymermady

Avienda, i know you are probably going to take offence to this but i cant help saying it. Do you really have to make every single thing you post, about you or your flag? Before you start typing out a 5 paragraph reply let me just say, thank you for your suggestion and reasoning for rebuilding the EH it has been noted.

On a side note, as i have said, we are trying to fix the island back to how it should be as soon as possible. There are certain items that can not in any way be returned. Unfortunantly the statues in the Estate can not be replaced. Ivdripper knows more about what can and can't be replaced though.
Betty - Obsidian

Crip tells ye, "bout to turn on my balls warmer.."
[Nov 18, 2011 2:57:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
the_rock99

We've got no Black Market in Jade.

Fix it.
Greatness.
Better than you.
[Nov 18, 2011 3:22:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
iong

Explorers' Hall please?!! :D
Captain and Surgeon of Eye of Harmony
Founding member of Blink and The White Void
Show-me-the-stars avvie by XEcastasy!!

Adrielle tells ye, "they are coming - the chickens are coming"

[Nov 18, 2011 5:23:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NathanShawn

Black Market, I don't think Olive-anything is a big pillaging route and building an Explorer's Hall isn't going to change that.
Nathanshawn:
Something of the crew Truth be Told.
Something else of the flag United we Stand.

~Hai ai r Nayfin, Ai ish a Polar Bear.~
[Nov 18, 2011 7:08:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hazarath

[quote]Avienda, i know you are probably going to take offence to this but i cant help saying it. Do you really have to make every single thing you post, about you or your flag?/quote]
Avienda tells her story so that we might learn from her example and transcend our meager lives.
Morbuzaan

I support PvP in sinking environments.

Cremate wrote: 
Cremate tells ye, "Anyway I have hockey to watch"

[Nov 18, 2011 7:11:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
iong

Black Market, I don't think Olive-anything is a big pillaging route and building an Explorer's Hall isn't going to change that.

or what about black market on swampfen? :P (yes i have to make things complicated)
Captain and Surgeon of Eye of Harmony
Founding member of Blink and The White Void
Show-me-the-stars avvie by XEcastasy!!

Adrielle tells ye, "they are coming - the chickens are coming"

[Nov 18, 2011 7:56:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
the_rock99

or what about black market on swampfen? :P (yes i have to make things complicated)

We dont own Swampfen. Cairna does and theres no Black Market there if thats what you're asking.
Greatness.
Better than you.
[Nov 18, 2011 8:03:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

I would say build a black market since we do not have one in Jade, in fact I believe we only have one in the ocean. We already have an EH and trading post in Jade.
Anchovia
[Nov 18, 2011 8:22:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Narcissag

Hazarath wrote: 

Avienda, i know you are probably going to take offence to this but i cant help saying it. Do you really have to make every single thing you post, about you or your flag?

Avienda tells her story so that we might learn from her example and transcend our meager lives.

I can describe you a history about a fellow that did not do a appropriate quote and someone who aspire to assist him :)
This fellow need to build in a [ a / and later the terminology QUOTE]
:D!
Narci

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
[Nov 18, 2011 4:00:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
emptyheart17

EH please :)
Mooki everywhere~
[Nov 18, 2011 5:04:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Edit: Change of thought, Black Market would do best.
Captainrich
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Hillsmen at Nov 18, 2011 7:09:59 PM]
[Nov 18, 2011 7:08:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IVdripper

Re: Olive Island redocoration project.

As for the changes on Olive, the Palace was taken care of instantly as all it required was a petition to the proper party.

RL and work got in the way this week and I was planning to start the upgrade on the EA tonight. Due to the blockade drop, I will wait until it's done before I start the upgrade. I am working on the furni for the bazaar lobbies and housing lobbies.

I was also planning to sail up some paint to add more colour to the place this weekend, now it will also wait until all the cades are over.

If anyone has suggestions for the Estate lobby, I would be most grateful to hear them, as the statues that were dusted cannot be replaced.

Thanks to all who have helped, we should have Olive all decked out in the next week or so.

IV(slow spreading shrew)

IVdripper/IVdripperone

"They sicken of the calm who know the storm."
-- Dorothy Parker
[Nov 18, 2011 8:08:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    On the porch, with my friends, drinking brandy,    watching the sea, and talking 'bout the good ol' days. [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates