• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 11
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1648 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
Jedra

So why would you choose anything but Acanthaster Spits?

Like seriously?

Stalwart?

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
----------------------------------------
Kaine, the Dreamer

Former King of Sick Man's Dream
Former Royal of Fill in the Blank
Former Royal of Utopia

Former Captain (any every rank below) of Wicked

Current drunken bum who occasionally posts when he's bored.
[Nov 16, 2011 11:10:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ade446

Re: So why would you choose anything but Acanthaster Spits?

GO STALWART!
Sincerely
[Nov 16, 2011 11:26:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SaviourS

GO STALWART!

u r 1%
Saviour, Meridian
[Nov 17, 2011 9:56:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ice_devil

GO STALWART!

u r 1%

lul
Hellacious/Hellaciouss/Defunct/Hamsterz
Capy tells ye, "I'm sorry... I don't know you well enough yet to allow you cam time!"
Plu tells ye, "screw you..Im interfering in every cade you ever contend&q
[Nov 17, 2011 3:21:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Doulber

GO STALWART!

u r 1%

He's actually 10..0000069% seeing as he logs on usually once a week on Mala
Official spokesman of Ade446.
Barnabas the Pale tells ye, "You made me literally laugh out loud."

-The D: Retired.

[Nov 17, 2011 7:30:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BobJanova

There is a legitimate argument to be made for choosing no islands. Stalwart would be a really dumb choice. I think we need to open Acanthaster and hope that it acts as an incentive for more people to move to Mala, though, which I believe is pretty much the consensus view considering the options we've been given.
Bobjanova on Viridian and Malachite
Shops and stalls with fair and profitable wages for all: Jubilee, Napi, Chelydra
Stripped/Barely Dressed (Malachite)
Phantasm/Reign of Chaos (Viridian)
[Nov 18, 2011 10:51:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ade446

GO STALWART!

u r 1%

^True Story.
Sincerely
[Nov 18, 2011 6:32:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Doulber

GO STALWART!

u r 1%

^True Story.

I also heard you cheated on me, any truth Boykikans? :(
Official spokesman of Ade446.
Barnabas the Pale tells ye, "You made me literally laugh out loud."

-The D: Retired.

[Nov 19, 2011 7:31:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
laladibla

There is a legitimate argument to be made for choosing no islands. Stalwart would be a really dumb choice. I think we need to open Acanthaster and hope that it acts as an incentive for more people to move to Mala, though, which I believe is pretty much the consensus view considering the options we've been given.

Unfortunatley however, the accepted reality is that of course, Mala is not worth the dirt on some players' shoes. If our mindset towards Malachite was a little less "tilted", I'm sure there would be no end to the things that we could do to support our ocean. However, we've been arguing this case, practically ever since the wave of people who arrived there in 08 for the hell of it got bored, and the population went down drastically. More people kept on leaving, and that has left us in our current dilemma. I wouldn't really say a lack of islands is the problem. I just don't really think that anybody really has any incentive to help Mala. People know it's there, and to think that people were actively trying to sabotage our market just a little while ago just proves my point even further. I don't think opening any islands is a good idea at this time. The best time would've been with the steam influx, and that could've acted as a potential retainment factor, however most of the greenies quit after 2 days, or ended up better off on another ocean. Until we can show stable growth in population, I don't think that Malachite should have another Island, nor even do I think that it would benefit Malachite in any way to have a new island open now.

If we were to have an island opened around now, think about how useless it would be. The shops might generate minimal income, and I expect that unless in the right hands, most of that would be purely for milking profit, if you can get it out of mala anymore =/. Not to mention, even if we have 0% taxes and stall setup schemes, from the past, it's been proven that there is not enough interest, as people like to keep their stalls in Lacerta, where you stand a chance of making more profit than in Komodo (although you can make some), or in Gila, where there is a very select playerbase that actually purchases stuff from there. Even if opening Acanthaster would boost the Gila economy, this might just act to spread out our already limited population even further, with people favouring specific arches, and the ocean most likely being worse off in general.

I never thought I'd say things like this, but I think it's true now.
Visionary/Visionarye - Coming soon to an ocean near you!

Mitchiie wrote:

"Yes. Snowwman is weird and Boyk is weird. They're definitely siblings. I just have to figure out who the sister is."

[Nov 19, 2011 2:58:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ade446

GO STALWART!

u r 1%

^True Story.

I also heard you cheated on me, any truth Boykikans? :(

Never!
Sincerely
[Nov 19, 2011 6:27:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ice_devil

Go 8k a seg for a month every weekend sinky and mala will be bank in no time.

(The EN-Hell Alliance Theory)
Hellacious/Hellaciouss/Defunct/Hamsterz
Capy tells ye, "I'm sorry... I don't know you well enough yet to allow you cam time!"
Plu tells ye, "screw you..Im interfering in every cade you ever contend&q
[Nov 25, 2011 7:28:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates